Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Multitask (seeking new players)  (Read 31175 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Multitask (seeking new players)
« on: November 02, 2020, 07:03:35 pm »

In Roll to Multitask, your goal is to do as many things as possible, and to fight your fellow players, preferably both at the same time. Well, technically, the goal of this game is for you to do that. You presumably have goals of your own.

Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Oh, and one thing. There are others with goals of their own. Some of them are desperate.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 03:45:02 pm by The_Two_Eternities »
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Multitask
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 01:09:11 am »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 01:20:16 am »

Name: Salsa Taste
Description: Human of indeterminate age, with messy black hair concealing her face. Her skin is corpse-cold, as is the rest of her, and there's a bullet wound in her torso leading to her heart, where a bullet is embedded.
Current goal(s): Get a coffee (short-term, easy), Exact revenge on my killer (medium-term, medium), Bring about the Age of Emptiness (long-term, inordinate)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 04:09:59 am »

Name: Billy Bob
Description: A dirty man that reeks of booze and filth.
Current goal(s): Get some booze (Short-term, Easy), Get some more booze (Short-term, medium), Get a car (Medium-term, Hard), Get money (Long-term, Hard)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 12:28:19 pm »

Description: Human of indeterminate age, with messy black hair concealing her face. Her skin is corpse-cold, as is the rest of her, and there's a bullet wound in her torso leading to her heart, where a bullet is embedded.
Current goal(s): Get a coffee (short-term, easy), Exact revenge on my killer (medium-term, medium), Bring about the Age of Emptiness (long-term, inordinate)
Current goal(s): Get some booze (Short-term, Easy), Get some more booze (Short-term, medium), Get a car (Medium-term, Hard), Get money (Long-term, Hard)
To clarify, you can post your actions along with your character sheet.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 12:46:37 pm »

I'm currently wondering how many goals we're allowed to pick to start off with.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 12:54:53 pm »

I'm currently wondering how many goals we're allowed to pick to start off with.
Hm. That's... a good question.
Using Zultan's character as an upper limit, I'll say "between one and four".

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2020, 01:07:19 pm »

Well well, we won't know what we can do until we know where we are, right precious?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2020, 11:55:20 pm »

Go review the scientific literature, looking for promising geneticists and dig projects that could require some of my funds.  Project Mesozoic shall begin!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 11:58:03 pm by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2020, 06:11:03 am »

Try to remember where the liquor stores are.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2020, 01:55:48 pm »

Well well, we won't know what we can do until we know where we are, right precious?

[1d6 = 1]

You are in some sort of tight, enclosed space. It’s not too difficult to move around, but there really isn’t a lot of room in which to do so. You wriggle around a little.
Oh. You must be in a coffin. That would make sense.

Go review the scientific literature, looking for promising geneticists and dig projects that could require some of my funds.  Project Mesozoic shall begin!

[1d6 = 5]

You peruse the latest findings, papers, and interviews of geneticists and palaeontologists the world over. As it happens, an palaeontologist has discovered some promising evidence that a certain location in the east of the Yucatan Peninsula would be well-suited for preserving fossils, but his application for a grant was denied.

Try to remember where the liquor stores are.

[1d6 = 1]

Remember where the liquor stores are?! You don’t even remember where you are! And you have quite a hangover, to boot...

Spoiler: Charsheets (click to show/hide)

Fun fact: I rolled a 5 just to check if the die would land flat on the carpet I was rolling it onto, so the die I used has alternated between critical successes and critical failures four rolls in a row now.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2020, 01:59:48 pm »

Knock.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2020, 02:42:40 pm »

Name: Tim
Description: Long black-haired girl from a farming village. Likes fire and demonic rituals.[demonic rituals mostly for the fire and potential brimstone.]
Current goals:
 Sacrifice the entire village to demons for Inordinate Power! [Long-Term, Inordinate]
 Remain free of suspicion by the villagers as I enact my plot.[Long-Term, Easy]
 Get off scot free afterward. [Short-term, Hard]

Look through the demonic cultist books I stole off a traveling merchant for rituals.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 02:47:14 pm by TricMagic »

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2020, 09:05:58 pm »

Spoiler: SWOLEBROTHER RETURNS. (click to show/hide)

PERFORM SWOLEPOSES IN THE STREETS. TO PASSERBY, THEY'RE A PERFORMANCE ART. TO THOSE WHO WALK THE PATH OF THE SWOLE, IT'S A CALL TO A CRUSADE.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2020, 05:22:26 am »

Look around and try to get an idea of where I am.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18