Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Multitask (seeking new players)  (Read 32459 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Multitask
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2020, 12:57:20 am »

try uploading myself somewhere on the internet before I die, so that the Internet portion can still live

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2020, 02:37:06 am »

Go find a quite place to open my bottle of booze and share it with the rat man, then once the bottle's empty go search for an abandoned house to look through and see what kinds of loot got left behind.

Add benefit Urban survival expert.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2020, 08:08:25 am »

Shrug.

Brush past him. Pleasantries over, time to find a pen and some sticky notes.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2020, 09:27:15 am »

Pray to whatever demons can get me out of this mess to call hellfire down on them. Power invested in me for war against heaven would be good too.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2020, 11:14:04 am »

(I believe that completes "Purchase Private Island", Medium-Term Moderate.)

Take a bonus related to the construction of buildings and facilities on said island.

Add two goals:  Hire Chief of Personnel, (Short-term, Trivial) and Finlsh Genetics Lab, (Short-term, Easy.)

Then.. attempt to hire a chief of personnel, intended to help me complete the senior staff members necessary for the project.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2020, 10:11:00 pm »

(Ah, the cleanliness of a 1 on a near-zero risk roll.)

"VERY WELL. THEY SAY THE BEST SMITHS WERE SELF TAUGHT... SO WE SHALL LEARN ON OUR OWN. FIRST, WE MUST FIND THE MATERIAL, THE ORE. HELP ME, BROTHER."
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2020, 02:31:17 am »

try uploading myself somewhere on the internet before I die, so that the Internet portion can still live

[1d6 = 5]

You manage to do one better, and transfer yourself - in steps, thus preserving continuity as best you can - onto a server that seems to be part of a cloud storage network. It doesn’t seem to be in use at the moment, but there’s no way to tell how long that will remain the case. However, you’re still connected to TF2Sniper’s computer; you could probably attack the antivirus program with impunity as long as you keep the connection open.

Go find a quite place to open my bottle of booze and share it with the rat man, then once the bottle's empty go search for an abandoned house to look through and see what kinds of loot got left behind.

Add benefit Urban survival expert.

(Done.)

[1d6 = 6]

You and the rat man pass the bottle back and forth between you, each taking swigs one after the other. At some point, you notice that you’ve been taking two or even three swigs before you pass the bottle back to the rat man. Bah, who cares! Maybe he doesn’t even like it! You can always get more booze! What’s the worst that could happen?!
Suddenly, you have an idea that seems pretty good: Find a house. An abandoned house, specifically. Enter the abandoned house. Loot the abandoned house, because it’s abandoned. Sounds like a good plan.
After some time wandering, you come across a house which you deem abandoned. You go down a path to the side of the porch, through a gate into the back yard, and then open an unlocked back door that the rat man enters. You follow him in, then stop and look around, impressed with both the house and yourself. There’s so much stuff in here! This was a great idea!
… wow, there really is a lot of stuff in this abandoned house.
… wait …

Shrug.

Brush past him. Pleasantries over, time to find a pen and some sticky notes.

[1d6 = 5]

You shrug, sidestep him, and walk into the house. Glancing down, you see a pen and a full packet of sticky notes lying on a pier table near the door. You reach down, pick them up, and turn around to face your husband. Far from being a tedious search, the process only takes a few seconds - a timespan short enough that he has not yet drawn any wrong conclusions.

Pray to whatever demons can get me out of this mess to call hellfire down on them. Power invested in me for war against heaven would be good too.

[1d6 = 1]

You desperately pray for some demon, any demon, to help you out. Your thoughts are heard.
A presence half-manifests itself in front of you, taking the form of an indistinct but unmistakably demonic figure. ”You are either brave or foolish, calling out without knowing who will hear you. Know, mortal, that you gaze upon Exeobir. You seek help … because you attempted to invade heaven. … More than that, you seek power? Hell does not seek supplicants, it seeks volunteers! Demons don’t answer prayers, demons make deals! Or if they’re being generous, they make investments. I’m not feeling generous. What can you offer me?”

(I believe that completes "Purchase Private Island", Medium-Term Moderate.)

Take a bonus related to the construction of buildings and facilities on said island.

Add two goals:  Hire Chief of Personnel, (Short-term, Trivial) and Finlsh Genetics Lab, (Short-term, Easy.)

Then.. attempt to hire a chief of personnel, intended to help me complete the senior staff members necessary for the project.

(... yes. Yes, it does complete that goal.)

(Done.)

(Done.)

[1d6+1 = 6+1 = 7]

After interviews with several candidates, one man stands out. Yakov Zucker, judging by his interview and his resume, is competent and experienced. He seeks a new job due to his old job having been eliminated in a reorganization. You decide to not spend too long comparing the merits of the candidates - this ought to be a rather trivial task, after all - and hire Zucker.

(Goal “Hire Chief of Personnel” completed. You may add up to two goals. You may remove up to one goal. You may choose a related benefit approximately equal to “achievable for a human with a few weeks of work” applied to a narrow area.)

(Ah, the cleanliness of a 1 on a near-zero risk roll.)

"VERY WELL. THEY SAY THE BEST SMITHS WERE SELF TAUGHT... SO WE SHALL LEARN ON OUR OWN. FIRST, WE MUST FIND THE MATERIAL, THE ORE. HELP ME, BROTHER."

[1d6 = 2]

The SWOLEBROTHER agrees, and the two of you set out to find ore. However, considering that the ending point of the marathon you recently finished is in Kailua-Kona, there is no ore to be found.

Spoiler: Charsheets (click to show/hide)

At first, I was very confused by King Zultan’s action. However, when I realized that his character had just gotten drunk, it made a lot more sense.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2020, 03:37:37 am »

Benefit is "gains a second action that can be taken solely for the recruitment of personnel.  This action gets the bonus related to the nine-figure net worth, but not the Inner Vision bonus."

New goal is "Complete Senior Staff, Medium-term Moderate.  Needs Chief of Personnel, (filled), Chief Geneticist, Chief Paleontologist, Legal Team, Chief of Operations, Chief of Security, and Chief of Guest Services."
Other new goal is "Hire Chief of Operations." (Short-term, Easy)

Two actions are to first have Yakov Zucker hire a Chief of Operations, and to add the additional staff, equipment, and facilities to finish the partly-operational Genetics lab.  I'll check on the missing paleontologist next turn.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2020, 06:35:58 am »

"Aw shit, we better get out of here before we get shot."
Quickly and quietly take my cart and the rat man and get out of the house and off the property, then once we're far from the house and no ones following us look for an actually abandoned house to look inside of.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2020, 05:58:29 pm »

Benefit is "gains a second action that can be taken solely for the recruitment of personnel.  This action gets the bonus related to the nine-figure net worth, but not the Inner Vision bonus."

One problem: That benefit is both too powerful for a Trivial goal and too versatile for a Short-term goal.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2020, 06:07:03 pm »

How about "Reduced overshoot consequences for personnel recruitment actions until the assemble senior staff goal is completed?"

The action would be to add the additional staff, equipment, and facilities to finish the partly-operational Genetics lab.  I'll check on the missing paleontologist next turn.

Also, the desired reward for the genetics lab is to remove the need to spend a turn turning recovered fossils into genetic material.  It might not succeed, it might require more genetic material, etcetera, but I'd like to remove that one turn step from the process of turning fossils into live dinosaurs.  If the goal isn't appropriately priced for that reward, could I change it to one that is?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 04:54:23 pm by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2020, 10:07:47 pm »

Attack the antivirus software, either try deleting it or try to make it think I’m supposed to be in the TF2 folder

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2020, 06:54:52 pm »

"WELL... THAT'S FINE. I HAVE HEARD THAT TRUE AMERICAN STEEL IS A POWERFUL METAL, STRENGTHENED BY THE WILL POURED INTO IT BY THE SMITHS. WE SHALL THUS GO BACK TO AMERICA TO ACQUIRE SOME."
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2021, 06:44:51 pm »

Name: Bulk Muscles
Description: A muscle bound man of tremendous height for a human. 8 feet tall with glassy vacant looking eyes that are crossed. He wears no clothing except for a pair of heart patterned boxers, and socks with pink crocks.
Current goal(s): Fight somebody (Short-term, Trivial), Feast on the heart of my enemy (Medium-term, Hard), Become the strongest being in the universe (Long-term, Inordinate), and write a novel about my life (Long-term, Trivial).
Starting Benefit(s): Due to his nature Bulk is quite literally a moron but his stupidity has allowed his strength to exceed the average strength of a normal human pleb, so he can achieve feats of strength only a human with high potential could. Yet his stupidity causes him to act erratic, so he often uses his strength for rather mundane activities or in self-defense.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 09:30:37 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2021, 07:11:17 pm »

We're currently waiting for Egan_BW and TricMagic (although I may decide to finish the turn without them if they take much longer.)

Name: Bulk Muscles
Description: A muscle bound man of tremendous height for a human. 8 feet tall with glassy vacant looking eyes that are crossed. He wears no clothing except for a pair of heart patterned boxers, and socks with pink crocks.
Current goal(s): Fight somebody (Short-term, Trivial), Feast on the heart of my enemy (Medium-term, Hard), Become the strongest being in the universe (Long-term, Inordinate), and write a novel about my life (Long-term, Trivial).

I admit, I chuckled at that last one.
You may choose a benefit approximately equal to ”achievable for a human with high potential, good luck, and multiple decades of work” applied to a somewhat broad area, or three benefits each approximately equal to “achievable for a human with above-average potential and a year of work” applied to a somewhat broad area, in order to formalize the benefits of your backstory.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18