Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Multitask (seeking new players)  (Read 32475 times)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Multitask
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2021, 09:32:28 pm »

Name: Bulk Muscles
Description: A muscle bound man of tremendous height for a human. 8 feet tall with glassy vacant looking eyes that are crossed. He wears no clothing except for a pair of heart patterned boxers, and socks with pink crocks.
Current goal(s): Fight somebody (Short-term, Trivial), Feast on the heart of my enemy (Medium-term, Hard), Become the strongest being in the universe (Long-term, Inordinate), and write a novel about my life (Long-term, Trivial).
Starting Benefit(s): Due to his nature Bulk is quite literally a moron but his stupidity has allowed his strength to exceed the average strength of a normal human pleb, so he can achieve feats of strength only a human with high potential could. Yet his stupidity causes him to act erratic, so he often uses his strength for rather mundane activities or in self-defense.

Is this better?
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2021, 09:39:53 pm »

Attempt to communicate all I know.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2021, 12:10:03 am »

Just waiting on TricMagic now.

Name: Bulk Muscles
Description: A muscle bound man of tremendous height for a human. 8 feet tall with glassy vacant looking eyes that are crossed. He wears no clothing except for a pair of heart patterned boxers, and socks with pink crocks.
Current goal(s): Fight somebody (Short-term, Trivial), Feast on the heart of my enemy (Medium-term, Hard), Become the strongest being in the universe (Long-term, Inordinate), and write a novel about my life (Long-term, Trivial).
Starting Benefit(s): Due to his nature Bulk is quite literally a moron but his stupidity has allowed his strength to exceed the average strength of a normal human pleb, so he can achieve feats of strength only a human with high potential could. Yet his stupidity causes him to act erratic, so he often uses his strength for rather mundane activities or in self-defense.

Is this better?

Yeah, that's good. You may post an action for the upcoming turn, if you want.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2021, 12:52:02 am »

I knock the front door.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2021, 03:08:46 pm »

"Aw shit, we better get out of here before we get shot."
Quickly and quietly take my cart and the rat man and get out of the house and off the property, then once we're far from the house and no ones following us look for an actually abandoned house to look inside of.

[1d6 = 1]

You realize that this house is not actually abandoned, and that as a general rule most houses are not abandoned. You about-face, saying “Aw shit, we better get out of here before we get shot.”
You hear the sound of a shotgun cocking behind you, as a man with a Southern accent says “I reckon it might be a mite too late for that. Put yer hands up. And you, guy in the fursuit. Put yer hands up too.” ”What kinda whackjob wears a fursuit while tryna’ burglarize someone?” he mutters under his breath.

How about "Reduced overshoot consequences for personnel recruitment actions until the assemble senior staff goal is completed?"

The action would be to add the additional staff, equipment, and facilities to finish the partly-operational Genetics lab.  I'll check on the missing paleontologist next turn.

Also, the desired reward for the genetics lab is to remove the need to spend a turn turning recovered fossils into genetic material.  It might not succeed, it might require more genetic material, etcetera, but I'd like to remove that one turn step from the process of turning fossils into live dinosaurs.  If the goal isn't appropriately priced for that reward, could I change it to one that is?

(Done.)

[1d6 = 3]

The genetics laboratory is, honestly, pretty bare-bones. But it has staff and equipment and dedicated facilities, and those can be improved over time. It is, at the very least, functional.

(Goal “Finish Genetics Lab” completed. You may add up to two goals. You may remove up to one goal.)

(Done.)

(Zucker finding a candidate for Chief of Operations: [1d6, 1d6 = 1, 1])

Zucker has not settled into his job very well. Considering the amount of time it’s been, it’s completely ordinary that he’s only interviewed one candidate, but that interview apparently didn’t go well at all. According to Zucker, the candidate knew absolutely nothing about being a Chief of Operations and, to boot, was likely a spy from another corporation.

Attack the antivirus software, either try deleting it or try to make it think I’m supposed to be in the TF2 folder

[1d6 = 3]

You’re no ASI, but fooling an antivirus program - especially when you yourself are a program - isn’t too hard. Essentially, all you have to do is give yourself a “fingerprint” marking you as part of TF2, and the antivirus program is pacified. Probably a good idea to move back to TF2Sniper’s computer now.

"WELL... THAT'S FINE. I HAVE HEARD THAT TRUE AMERICAN STEEL IS A POWERFUL METAL, STRENGTHENED BY THE WILL POURED INTO IT BY THE SMITHS. WE SHALL THUS GO BACK TO AMERICA TO ACQUIRE SOME."

[1d6 = 4]

You and the SWOLEBROTHER take a plane back to the continental U.S., back to your home city. You don’t know whether or not there are any smiths of TRUE AMERICAN STEEL there, but you can always take another flight if not.

Attempt to communicate all I know.

[1d6 = 5]

Thanks to the power of written language, you quickly communicate the sum of your knowledge about your circumstances - which, sadly, is not much - to your husband. What will you do now?

I knock the front door.

[1d6 = 1]

You stand inside your house, looking at your front door. Hmmm. What does one even do with a door when they want to get through it?
They… knock on it? And… wait for someone on the other side to open it?
You knock on your front door, and wait patiently for someone to open it. You wait less patiently. You wait impatiently. It’s clear that the polite approach isn’t working.

Spoiler: Charsheets (click to show/hide)

Apologies for the delay. I should have had this turn done several days ago, but my winter break just ended and it’s been hard to adjust.
Also: I’m chuckling at Zucker’s roll. I expected that it would take several turns for him to find a good candidate by himself, but I didn’t expect the worst possible result to happen.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2021, 12:47:09 am »

"Door no trick Bulk! Me show door who boss!" the lumbering lunkhead kicks down his front door.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 11:58:56 am by Horizon »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2021, 06:06:04 am »

"Hey man me and my son were just trying to find a place to hold up for the night and we thought the place was abandoned, we didn't touch anything just let us go and we'll leave and never come back."
Try to talk our way out of here, if it fails throw my bottle at him and me and the rat man should run for it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2021, 09:11:37 pm »

Bonus: Automatically attempt to convert acquired dinosaur fossils to the genetic material of the respective dinosaurs.  This uses the +1 bonus for having a skilled dinosaur geneticist on staff.

Remove goal for assembling senior staff, and with it the effects of Zucker.

Add goals: Construct island logistics infrastructure, medium-term moderate, and Construct park facilities, medium-term moderate.

The site has been bought and found suitable.  Now there are only two things that remain to fulfill John's dream.. the park must be constructed, and dinosaurs must be resurrected.

Construction is easy enough.. as John lays out the necessities, seperating the construction issues into two sections.  First are the logistics requirements of the small island.. the docks, helipad, living accomodations, electricity generation facilities, maintenence requirements, etcetera required to render the island properly habitable and accessable to humans, and the park facilities, the guest accomodations, the tour rooms, the outdoor and indoor display sections, and the facilities required for the keeping of dinosaurs.

Alas, this doesn't include the cloning facilities required to actually bring the large number of dinosaurs to life, but that can wait until some viable genetic materials are produced.

..Hmm, where is that paleontologist?  Some more fossils were promised.  And they're late.  Hammond reaches for the phone..

Go find my paleontologist, and attempt to find out what happened to the promised dinosaur fossils.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2021, 09:17:28 pm »

Move back to TF2Sniper’s computer, try figuring out how much of the game survived

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2021, 11:05:36 pm »

This RTD was always intended to be a slow-burn sort of thing. However, slow-burn and slow turns do not go together well. So, here’s a turn and an interest check. How many people would be interested if I updated every two or three days regardless of the number of actions?

"Door no trick Bulk! Me show door who boss!" the lumbering lunkhead kicks down his front door.

[1d6 = 2]

Bulk will kick front door! Bulk will kick front door hard! Bulk kicks front door!
Bulk kicks through front door. Door not kicked enough.
Foot stuck? Foot not stuck.

"Hey man me and my son were just trying to find a place to hold up for the night and we thought the place was abandoned, we didn't touch anything just let us go and we'll leave and never come back."
Try to talk our way out of here, if it fails throw my bottle at him and me and the rat man should run for it.

[1d6 = 3]

The tension in the room begins to dissipate.
”Abandoned? They ain’t right in the head…” the man mutters.
Coming to a decision, he says “Alright, fine. But I better not hear about a man in a fursuit burglarizing a house. Now book it!”
You book it in order to avoid the man looking at the “fursuit” too closely.

Bonus: Automatically attempt to convert acquired dinosaur fossils to the genetic material of the respective dinosaurs.  This uses the +1 bonus for having a skilled dinosaur geneticist on staff.

Remove goal for assembling senior staff, and with it the effects of Zucker.

Add goals: Construct island logistics infrastructure, medium-term moderate, and Construct park facilities, medium-term moderate.

The site has been bought and found suitable.  Now there are only two things that remain to fulfill John's dream.. the park must be constructed, and dinosaurs must be resurrected.

Construction is easy enough.. as John lays out the necessities, seperating the construction issues into two sections.  First are the logistics requirements of the small island.. the docks, helipad, living accomodations, electricity generation facilities, maintenence requirements, etcetera required to render the island properly habitable and accessable to humans, and the park facilities, the guest accomodations, the tour rooms, the outdoor and indoor display sections, and the facilities required for the keeping of dinosaurs.

Alas, this doesn't include the cloning facilities required to actually bring the large number of dinosaurs to life, but that can wait until some viable genetic materials are produced.

..Hmm, where is that paleontologist?  Some more fossils were promised.  And they're late.  Hammond reaches for the phone..

Go find my paleontologist, and attempt to find out what happened to the promised dinosaur fossils.

(Done.)

(Done.)

(Done.)

[1d6 = 6]
(Zucker, knowing a somewhat more important guy who knows a guy: [1d6 with higher baseline = 3 with higher baseline])

You wonder out loud. “Hmm, where is that paleontologist? Some more fossils were promised. And they're late.”
You reach for the phone, and begin making calls.
As it happens, you know someone who knows someone fairly high up in Interpol, and they say they can ask Coordinator Lorrinson if they know anything.
A day later, you haven’t heard back, and none of your other calls have turned up anything useful. Then, Zucker comes into your office. He’s been doing some calling around as well.
“I know someone who knows someone fairly high up in Interpol, and it turns out that the paleontologist was arrested in a Guatemalan airport for illegal paleontology. Someone called Coordinator Lorrinson connected some dots and suggested that the Guatemalan authorities look through the paleontologist’s luggage. Supposedly he’s kept his mouth shut, though.”

The intercom buzzes. It’s your secretary. “Coordinator Lorrinson of Interpol to see you.”
Zucker looks at you. “How are we going to approach this?”

Move back to TF2Sniper’s computer, try figuring out how much of the game survived

[1d6 = 5]

You move back to TF2Sniper’s computer, fearing the worst…
… all of it survived. Somehow. Even the files that the antivirus deleted. Wow, Valve does good work. Or maybe the antivirus just un-deleted the files.
Well, that’s convenient.

I think I may be having a bit too much fun with Zucker. In my defense, it seemed like such a natural interpretation of the rolls.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2021, 12:51:12 am »

Play it straightforward.  Say that I will be supplying a legal defense of my employee, but that my employee had no orders to do anything illegal.  Keep it simple and find out what the charges are and what the officer wants.  Interpol doesn't do any enforcement, so it'll be up to the Guatemalans.

(I'm in favor of more frequent updates.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2021, 04:35:49 am »

(I'm also good with more frequent updates.)

Well that went better than hoped, and with that situation resolved it is time for me and the ratman to leave the city and use my hobo knowledge to find an abandoned factory or some other large building outside the city limits.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2021, 09:44:59 pm »

(I'm in favor of more frequent updates as well)

Bulk Muscles face contorts into an expression that resembles a look between constipation and pure white hot rage. Eyes bloodshot the bumbling brute opens his mouth and looses a battle cry.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAGH"

Using his full weight Bulk rams his shoulder into the door and attempts break the door completely.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 09:48:25 pm by Horizon »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2021, 12:05:15 am »

Play it straightforward.  Say that I will be supplying a legal defense of my employee, but that my employee had no orders to do anything illegal.  Keep it simple and find out what the charges are and what the officer wants.  Interpol doesn't do any enforcement, so it'll be up to the Guatemalans.

(I'm in favor of more frequent updates.)

[1d6 = 1]
(I have too many critfail ideas. This is probably a bad thing for all of us.)
[From worst of the worst to best of the worst: “Accusation”, “Incriminating Recording”, “Recording”, “Suspected All Complicit”, “Suspected Complicit”, “Very Serious Charges”: 1d6 = 5 = “Suspected Complicit”]

You give a brief overview of your plan to Zucker, who nods.
Coordinator Lorrison enters, and explains that a contractor of your company - the paleontologist - was arrested several days ago for illegal paleontology, with the trial not yet scheduled. She’s here to inform you of this, and of the fact that any malicious alteration or deletion of financial records and meeting transcripts and such will be prosecuted as tampering with evidence by Guatemalan authorities. Coordinator Lorrison accuses you of nothing so you don’t spontaneously deny anything, but she seems inclined to believe you complicit at best. Interpol does no enforcement, however, and she might not have the influence or desire to suggest that the Guatemalan authorities investigate you directly.

You’ve got a company to work on and a paleontologist to get a lawyer for. Well, Zucker’s your Chief of Personnel. Although there’s no guarantee that you won’t need help; can one of those things wait?

(I'm also good with more frequent updates.)

Well that went better than hoped, and with that situation resolved it is time for me and the ratman to leave the city and use my hobo knowledge to find an abandoned factory or some other large building outside the city limits.

[1d6 = 1]

You hide in a bush, looking at a factory a mile or so outside the city. You’ve been observing it for a few minutes now, and you’re pretty sure it’s abandoned.
Lights in the windows, smoke belching from smokestacks, trucks driving in and out… all of which are signs that a factory is abandoned, you explain to the rat man.
...wait.
...is that a security patrol?

(I'm in favor of more frequent updates as well)

Bulk Muscles face contorts into an expression that resembles a look between constipation and pure white hot rage. Eyes bloodshot the bumbling brute opens his mouth and looses a battle cry.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAGH"

Using his full weight Bulk rams his shoulder into the door and attempts break the door completely.

[1d6 = 1]

Bulk will break door! Door will not defy Bulk! Bulk step back to take running start! Bulk charge sideways at door!
Bulk smash shoulder into door!... Bulk smash shoulder into wall, not door. Door not smashed at all. Big dent in wall.

The benefit of faster turns will hopefully be that if some horrible event occurs, you won’t have to wait a week to start trying to fix it.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2021, 12:36:03 am »

Pretty straightforwards, then.

Acquire legal assistance.  I'm going to need a team of lawyers for the park, anyway, so should be able to use my inner vision as well.  If successful, have them work on defending both the paleontoligist and myself against any charges that are forthcoming.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18