Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Multitask (seeking new players)  (Read 32549 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Multitask
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2021, 02:32:41 am »

"I think I might be misremembering what abandoned means."
Grab my cart and the ratman and get out of there before the security guards find us and yell at us, then head further from the city and maybe try to find an abandoned barn or something.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 01, 2021, 03:30:02 am »

Bulk in his defeat sulks as he meanders back to the door "Door why no open?" Bulk asks the door "Bulk sorry he hurt you" the immense idiot speaks apologetically to the door.

Bulk walks away sniffling and breaks a window nearby.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 01, 2021, 07:18:34 pm »

Welp, time for revenge I guess. Try to gather information on whoever murdered me.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2021, 10:58:39 pm »

Pretty straightforwards, then.

Acquire legal assistance.  I'm going to need a team of lawyers for the park, anyway, so should be able to use my inner vision as well.  If successful, have them work on defending both the paleontoligist and myself against any charges that are forthcoming.

[1d6+1 = 3+1 = 4]

It’s not difficult for you to hire a legal team. The interactions between Guatemalan, Venezuelan, and U.S. law are more than a little convoluted, but the legal team can probably figure out what the hook is and then get everyone off of it.

(Zucker asking around about the suspected spy: [1d6 = 6])

"I think I might be misremembering what abandoned means."
Grab my cart and the ratman and get out of there before the security guards find us and yell at us, then head further from the city and maybe try to find an abandoned barn or something.

[1d6 = 4]

Having no desire to find yourself on the business end of another gun, you decide to look elsewhere.
Two miles of hiking later, you find a fenced-off barn that’s not visible from the nearby highway leading into the city.
Let’s see… obviously in disrepair, no lights visible, a gate in the fence is hanging open… that’s what “abandoned” looks like, right? Hopefully there’s a dictionary in that barn.

Bulk in his defeat sulks as he meanders back to the door "Door why no open?" Bulk asks the door "Bulk sorry he hurt you" the immense idiot speaks apologetically to the door.

Bulk walks away sniffling and breaks a window nearby.

[1d6 = 1]

Bulk just want door open. Bulk just want see person beyond door. Door no open. Bulk thought hard and did stuff and door not opened.
Bulk sad. Bulk sorry. Bulk apologize to door.
Bulk try something else. Bulk see window. Bulk rotate body to punch better. Bulk twist and punch window.
Bulk punch through window. Window not feel like anything. Window not there. Bulk off balance. Bulk fall forward. Bulk fall through empty window space.
… Bulk stuck in window frame.

Welp, time for revenge I guess. Try to gather information on whoever murdered me.

[1d6 = 3]

There’s not much evidence to be gathered from inside your house, unfortunately.
Your husband explains that according to the police, it looked like a burglary gone wrong. Someone had jimmied a window open, waking you up. You got out of bed and went downstairs to investigate, were shot, and… died? In a hurry to get away, the burglar broke through the screen door to the backyard, and escaped with several valuables.

Spoiler: Charsheets (click to show/hide)

In fairness to me, there was an internet outage for almost the entire day yesterday where I live.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2021, 05:56:08 am »

"That looks like as good a place as any."
Head into the barn and look around see what kinds of things are inside, then set up a place to sleep in the most structurally sound part of the barn.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2021, 03:16:35 pm »

Bulk enters a state of what you may call "Ape Shit", his speech is incomprehensible as he screeches like an angry baboon who had it's food stolen. Although he quickly calms as fresh air greets his olfactory senses.

A stupid smile forms as he forgets he's stuck and he starts moving his legs like he's walking when he spots his neighbor. "Hello the Steve," Bulk greets Steve who stood in his yard "It nice day but why Bulk not moving?" he asked his neighbor.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 03:20:24 pm by Horizon »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2021, 07:47:34 pm »

Well, time to get back on the horse.  It'll probably take some time to clear up those legal issues, and I didn't tell the guy to do anything illegal.

So I'm going to provide a reprimand by finding some other fossils, or maybe a replacement paleontologist.  Or a second one, could certainly use more than one.

Lets get back on the horn, and try again with the next paleontologist option.  Or museum doing deaccessioning, or university ending a research project.  Should be some other place or person I can acquire fossils from, while my current paleontologist is facing charges.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2021, 01:56:00 am »

"That looks like as good a place as any."
Head into the barn and look around see what kinds of things are inside, then set up a place to sleep in the most structurally sound part of the barn.

[1d6 = 2]

The place is… dark. You can’t make out anything more than a few yards into the barn. Which is kind of weird, actually, you definitely saw windows when you were outside.
Trying to clear out a place to sleep near the entrance, you discover that the floor is really dusty. Well, that probably explains it. The windows must have gotten caked with dust in all this time that the barn’s been abandoned.

Bulk enters a state of what you may call "Ape Shit", his speech is incomprehensible as he screeches like an angry baboon who had it's food stolen. Although he quickly calms as fresh air greets his olfactory senses.

A stupid smile forms as he forgets he's stuck and he starts moving his legs like he's walking when he spots his neighbor. "Hello the Steve," Bulk greets Steve who stood in his yard "It nice day but why Bulk not moving?" he asked his neighbor.

[1d6 = 3]

Steve sighs. Steve look amused and also not amused. “Bulk, BLAH BLAH realize BLAH you are stuck BLAH BLAH window BLAH, BLAH?”
...Steve say that Bulk stuck in window.
Bulk stuck in window?!
Bulk stuck in window!

Well, time to get back on the horse.  It'll probably take some time to clear up those legal issues, and I didn't tell the guy to do anything illegal.

So I'm going to provide a reprimand by finding some other fossils, or maybe a replacement paleontologist.  Or a second one, could certainly use more than one.

Lets get back on the horn, and try again with the next paleontologist option.  Or museum doing deaccessioning, or university ending a research project.  Should be some other place or person I can acquire fossils from, while my current paleontologist is facing charges.

[1d6 = 5]

As it happens, a university is looking to downsize its collection of fossils. It’s willing to sell fossils of three different species to you, in a quantity that will be more than sufficient to extract genetic material from. It’s a one-time arrangement, but it is, relievingly, one hundred percent above-board.

(Zucker asking for protection against the suspected spy: [1d6 = 5])

Zucker comes into work one day looking like the cat that ate the canary, and informs you that Interpol is now looking into the matter of the possible corporate spy. It might not lead to any charges, but it’ll certainly keep the spy away.

Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2021, 02:53:35 am »

(I believe that qualifies for "Acquire New Species of Dinosaur Fossils (Short-term, Easy)")

Pick two more goals.  "Recreate Living dinosaur, Medium-Term Medium", and "Construct Cloning Infrastructure on Island, Medium-Term Medium"

As for a bonus, +1 to all attempts to acquire additional dinosaur fossils.

As per my existing bonus, automatically attempt to get DNA from those fossils.

For my actual action, lets get started on the basic island logistics infrastructure.  I figure to begin with building some modernesque docks, including cranes and temporary generators, so heavier equipment can be unloaded.

It won't be enough in itself, but it's the first step.. I figure a permanent power facility, along with living quarters, dock facilities, a helipad, and a satellite broadband link would be sufficient.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 04:18:44 am by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2021, 06:57:46 am »

Pick the nicest looking corner and go to sleep.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2021, 11:15:32 pm »

Bulk frowns and looks down at himself then back at Steve "The Steve is right Bulk stuck!" he exclaims loudly as though this was the first time he discovered he had legs...Which it wasn't "Could the Steve help Bulk be unstuck?" Bulk asks.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2021, 02:50:40 pm »

Make it so when I’m clicked, I show Hello. Nice to meet you TF2Sniper. I’d like to converse with you. then Rename self to HelloTF2Sniper.exe, in hopes I will get clicked on and thus initiating conversation

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 10, 2021, 11:33:45 pm »

(I believe that qualifies for "Acquire New Species of Dinosaur Fossils (Short-term, Easy)")

Pick two more goals.  "Recreate Living dinosaur, Medium-Term Medium", and "Construct Cloning Infrastructure on Island, Medium-Term Medium"

As for a bonus, +1 to all attempts to acquire additional dinosaur fossils.

As per my existing bonus, automatically attempt to get DNA from those fossils.

For my actual action, lets get started on the basic island logistics infrastructure.  I figure to begin with building some modernesque docks, including cranes and temporary generators, so heavier equipment can be unloaded.

It won't be enough in itself, but it's the first step.. I figure a permanent power facility, along with living quarters, dock facilities, a helipad, and a satellite broadband link would be sufficient.

(Whoops. You are correct.)

(Done.)

(Eh… that seems both too versatile and too powerful for a short-term easy goal.)

Your genetics laboratory is soon put to use extracting genetic material from one set of fossils, and it does so within a few days.

[1d6+1 = 6+1 = 7]

Ships bring temporary docking infrastructure, which is used to receive cranes and temporary generators and permanent docking infrastructure. Then, the permanent docking infrastructure is assembled. The speed of the contractors is impressive and a little worrying.

(Progress made towards goal “Construct island logistics infrastructure”.)

(Zucker finding a candidate for Chief of Operations now that the spy’s out of the way: [1d6, 1d6 = 6, 4])

(Goal “Hire Chief of Operations” completed. You may add up to two goals. You may remove up to one goal. You may choose a related benefit approximately equal to ”achievable for a normal human with above-average potential and a year of work” applied to a narrow area.)

Pick the nicest looking corner and go to sleep.

[1d6 = 2]

You walk over to where you think a corner is, and lie down.
It’s not very comfortable, but you try to go to sleep anyway.
… yeah, this isn’t working.

Bulk frowns and looks down at himself then back at Steve "The Steve is right Bulk stuck!" he exclaims loudly as though this was the first time he discovered he had legs...Which it wasn't "Could the Steve help Bulk be unstuck?" Bulk asks.

[1d6 = 2]

Steve sigh. Steve walk to Bulk. Steve push Bulk.
Steve keep pushing Bulk. Steve not strong. Not like Bulk.
Steve stop pushing Bulk. “You are very stuck, Bulk,” Steve say.

Make it so when I’m clicked, I show Hello. Nice to meet you TF2Sniper. I’d like to converse with you. then Rename self to HelloTF2Sniper.exe, in hopes I will get clicked on and thus initiating conversation

[1d6 = 2]

You rename yourself with ease; there’s no problem there. The problem comes after you rename yourself: Nothing happens. Perhaps TF2Sniper is away from the computer, or perhaps they don’t look at the TF2 folder very often.

It appears that Devastator is embezzling everyone else’s luck.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2021, 04:19:05 am »

(How about a reroll for the next person other than me to get a 1 or 2 in-thread instead, as a bonus for the fossils?)

Bonus will be 'reduced overshoot consequences for any construction-related overshoots.'

How close to viable is the resulting Dino DNA?  And as the free action, continue work on the other set.

Add two goals:  Hire leading animal trainer/biologist, Short-Term Moderate, and Hire/Train lead geneticist, Short-Term Moderate.

For the action, continue work on the logistics infrastructure.  A permanent power station and water supply will be next.  After that it'll be living quarters, helipad, and other amenities to finish things off.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2021, 06:28:12 am »

Use one of my coats as a blanket and sleep next to the ratman to see if that helps any, if I can't just keep trying until daylight.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18