Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Multitask (seeking new players)  (Read 32491 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Multitask (seeking new players)
« Reply #180 on: March 05, 2021, 03:06:01 am »

"This place is already way better than most of the places I've been sleeping."
First thing unlock that door and put it back on it's hinges, then go around and explore the building and see what was left inside and what kind of animals are wandering around the building.

[1d6 = 5]

You replace the door just like you found it, and then set out through the building flanked by Son and Bubba.
At first, the building seems disappointingly sterile, but then you open a door and the truth reveals itself.
This place must’ve been a biological research laboratory a long time ago, judging by the large quantity of animals in cages.
Well-fed animals, you notice, and for a brief moment you worry that this might have been another “abandoned house” idea, but then you take a closer look and discover some sort of automated feeding system. That’s a relief.

"Bulk accepts the Steve's offer," Bulk awkwardly bows to the Steve who is the Sensai now "We stop fight and start training."
Spoiler: Goals & Plus (click to show/hide)

[1d6 = 4]

Steve start to teach Bulk “martial arts”. “Martial arts” mean ninja fighting.
“Martial arts” has lots of hitting with something that not your fist, and lots of grabbing.
Steve say Bulk doing good. Steve also say “martial arts” training will take a while.

(Done.)

(Taunt bonus added.)

Send a quick message to Zucker telling him to hold off on recruitment for now.  I'm going to make a bit of a different approach at this point, leading up to a more 'they come to us' situation for a professional biologist.  (No orders for him, atm, other than 'stop')

With progress once again being made, I'll let them get back to work on the stuff.

Lets get some inspiration for the dinosaur containment, by arranging for some zoo tours around the United States.  I'm looking for both mechanics and inspiration to help me in the design process.

[1d6 = 4]

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of zoos in the United States. You don’t visit anywhere near that number in your lightning tour, of course, but you’re certainly no longer lacking for inspiration. But there’s still the matter of instantiating that inspiration in incorrigible reality. At least you understand the mechanics of zookeeping a little better now.

(Ivanov splicing together genetic material with new techniques: [1d6+1 = 2+1 = 3])

(The free progress point is automatically applied to the park facilities.)

Spoiler: Charsheets (click to show/hide)

Good rolls all around. More or less.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 05, 2021, 05:10:27 am »

"With all these animals in here someone must be keeping an eye on the place, need to find out when they'll be back and what they're doing here."
Look around for any paper work that'll give me an idea of when the people that own the place will be back and what they intend to do with the animals, also try to find a security room to find out where cameras are so I can avoid them if needed.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 05, 2021, 02:00:44 pm »

Bulk is fine if it take while. Bulk continues Martial Arts training.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 08, 2021, 01:24:24 am »

"With all these animals in here someone must be keeping an eye on the place, need to find out when they'll be back and what they're doing here."
Look around for any paper work that'll give me an idea of when the people that own the place will be back and what they intend to do with the animals, also try to find a security room to find out where cameras are so I can avoid them if needed.

[1d6 = 3]

There isn’t a lot of paperwork lying around (perhaps most documents are stored electronically), and what you do find isn’t that informative. Apparently, this place primarily studied animals hypothesized to be capable of higher thought. (At least, you think. The documents use a lot of codewords.) Strangely, none of the documents are more recent than two years or so ago.

Bulk is fine if it take while. Bulk continues Martial Arts training.

[1d6 = 1]

Steve and Bulk do motion exercises as part of Martial Arts training.
Bulk get distracted and wonder what “ninja” really mean. Maybe “ninja” like “knight”.
In chess, “knight” take two steps in one direction and one step in different direction. (This only thing Bulk know about chess.)
Bulk copy chess knight, and take two steps right and one step back, and smash into broken window frame, and break window frame even more.
… Bulk remember that motion exercises not involve chess knight.

Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 08, 2021, 02:21:05 am »

Now that I'm getting close to a product, I should start being concerned about security.  And, with all due respect to Zucker, I'd like the head of security to have different origins than the head of personnel.

I'll need IT security first, so lets see if I can find someone to act as head of IT security, and start going over the systems as they're being developed.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 08, 2021, 03:05:04 am »

Bulk continues to practice his Ninja Training.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 08, 2021, 04:23:13 am »

"That's strange I wonder where everyone went."
Search around the building for a computer or laptop and see if I can't get any additional info from it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2021, 01:10:26 am »

Now that I'm getting close to a product, I should start being concerned about security.  And, with all due respect to Zucker, I'd like the head of security to have different origins than the head of personnel.

I'll need IT security first, so lets see if I can find someone to act as head of IT security, and start going over the systems as they're being developed.

[1d6+1 = 5+1 = 6]

You put out a notice, and soon receive a candidate with several years of experience in a high-level IT security position; Amber Haodai. Her security philosophy is that since most attacks are done through exploiting bugs in programs, the main focus of the IT security division should be to find and fix critical bugs that slip past the normal process of code review.

((Free action: Hire Amber?))

(Ivanov splicing together genetic material with new techniques: [1d6+1 = 2+1 = 3])

Bulk continues to practice his Ninja Training.

[1d6 = 1]

Steve try to teach Bulk, but Bulk’s heart not in it. Bulk keep thinking about knights, and Bulk not know why.
Bulk want to be ninja, but Bulk confused. Bulk can hear Bulk’s heartbeat. Bulk’s heartbeat loud. Maybe Bulk have ninja hearing? Why Bulk keep thinking about knights?
Now Bulk also see knight! … Bulk see knight. Knight on horse. Bulk think Bulk’s brain was trying to warn Bulk.
Knight talk. “STEVE! We meet again. Blah blah knights good blah blah, blah blah ninjas bad blah blah, SO I, KNIGHT HANOP, WILL END YOUR UNDERHANDEDNESS!”

"That's strange I wonder where everyone went."
Search around the building for a computer or laptop and see if I can't get any additional info from it.

[1d6 = 5]

On one of the higher floors, you find a computer whose password is “ea52c1e9ece2b7a9f0e8915ff4816b58ec2ac27263826ca91b9”. You know this because it was written on a sticky note stuck onto the computer screen. It has access to the security camera feeds going a long while back… and apparently there are a lot of security cameras. Like, “one or more for every room and hallway”.
You look through the live feeds, but you don’t see anything interesting aside from yourself. You pick a timestamp from yesterday, and start watching. Nothing. Nothing the day before yesterday, either. Nothing for the past week.
You decide to look at the date that the most recent piece of paperwork you found was from. … Well, that’s a lot of scientists doing experiments. Nothing that would help you figure out what happened, though. You skip ahead a bit, noticing that the scientists seem to get more excited as time goes on. Then, a few days after that date, you find something. Hundreds of people in camouflage, rounding up the scientists and destroying documents.
Well. That would explain why no-one’s here.

Heh.
(This isn’t referring to the hexadecimal number; it was made by sticking the first dozen digits or so of a few irrational numbers together. No significance in it.)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 11, 2021, 01:48:09 am »

With a roar Bulk points at the Knight "Bulk trying to Ninja! You go away!" Bulk tries to intimidate the knight.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 11, 2021, 06:36:44 am »

"Wasn't expecting that, but if the military took everyone and destroyed everything than they must have discovered something important."
Search through the computer and see if I can't find any info on what they were trying to do here, if I can't get info from the computer search the building for any flash drives and external drives then use the computer to see what info they hold.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 11, 2021, 12:36:56 pm »

Hire Amber.

Next up is someone for physical security.  This basically will have two goals.. one for protecting things (mostly the dinosaurs) from bad actors, and the other for protecting people from the dinosaurs.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 06:03:01 pm by Devastator »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 14, 2021, 02:18:01 am »

With a roar Bulk points at the Knight "Bulk trying to Ninja! You go away!" Bulk tries to intimidate the knight.

[1d6 = 3]

Hanop look at Bulk and scoff, then look back at Steve. “Steve, blah blah squire blah blah? Blah blah all strength and no skill blah blah. If he knows what’s good for him, he will stand aside.”
Hanop unsheathe sword.
Steve unsheathe katana. (Wait, where katana come from? No! Not important!)

"Wasn't expecting that, but if the military took everyone and destroyed everything than they must have discovered something important."
Search through the computer and see if I can't find any info on what they were trying to do here, if I can't get info from the computer search the building for any flash drives and external drives then use the computer to see what info they hold.

[1d6 = 2]

You look through the computer, but the files are a mix between “generic office supplies records” and “password-locked (with a different password)”. You take a moment to memorize the location of the office you’re in, and then set out through the building in search of something the people in camouflage missed.
Unfortunately, you don’t find anything, which makes sense. It seems plausible that everything out in the open was destroyed by the people in camouflage, and anything that the researchers might have hidden was either found and destroyed, or too well hidden even for hundreds of people to find.
Although most of the computers are still around, which is strange.

Hire Amber.

Next up is someone for physical security.  This basically will have two goals.. one for protecting things (mostly the dinosaurs) from bad actors, and the other for protecting people from the dinosaurs.

You hire Amber.

[1d6+1 = 1+1 = 2]

The first candidate introduces himself as “Gerald Sussman”, which pretty much sets the tone of the entire interview.
He describes his previous job as “at the company where they make the I Spy books. You know, the picture books where there’s a whole mess of different toys and you have to find the needles in the haystack? I Spy? Where you keep looking around for something but it was in plain sight the whole time? Surely you’ve seen an I Spy book at least once.”
When you point out that you’re looking for a head of physical security capable of dealing with dinosaurs made out of flesh and not plastic, he assures you that he is “very experienced with physical security. I can get through, get around, get by, almost any security system there is! … … so, uh, so nobody’s going to be able to get past me with what I know!”
After the interview draws to a close, you find yourself empathizing with Zucker. If he really has to deal with candidates this blatantly unsuitable… come to think of it, that guy kind of looked like Zucker’s description of the first Chief of Operations candidate.

((Free action: Hire “Sussman”?)) ((This would be a bad idea. Unless you’ve got some sort of plan to figure out what he’s up to and/or incriminate him and you think it’s worth the risk.))

(Ivanov splicing together genetic material with new techniques: [1d6+1 = 1+1 = 2])

(Amber taking a first look around: [1d6 = 2])

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 14, 2021, 05:21:26 am »

Search the building for the IT department, then once that's found search the room for any thing that might be a password list or computers that are still logged on, and any drives or disks I could look at.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 14, 2021, 02:00:12 pm »

Nah.  I'll keep looking.

(Turns like this are why I went for the auto-build thingy.)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 14, 2021, 03:41:52 pm »

Bulk looks aghast at the sudden appearance of the katana in the Sensai's hand, looking between Hanop and the Sensai with a slightly worried look that quickly steeled into anger.

"You know no good for you, bad Hanop!" he tsks at the knight "You unworthy as the Sensai's opponent, you weak! Bulk strong!" he taunted at the knight.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18