Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hiatus Quest  (Read 2529 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: Hiatus Quest
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2020, 09:31:11 pm »

well let's see, we're a childish king who has a deep love for bees. He's seems like he's pretty brave. So...maybe we should go to the MC? sure it's risky, but there must be some well trained soilders in the armoury? and mayhaps? bee armor? that's final! to hell with the manager! what he's gonna do? throw papers and pens at the beast? we must ensure that the bees are safe! even if it cost us our lives. We live, breathe, and sleep HONEY

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
+1 May Queen Bee guide us

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2020, 02:41:03 am »

You know what screw the manager.
Let's try to get to the militia room by way of the forge room. We can pick up the completed suits of bee armor and properly equip at least some of our bees while we're there.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2020, 08:36:02 pm »

You know what screw the manager.
Let's try to get to the militia room by way of the forge room. We can pick up the completed suits of bee armor and properly equip at least some of our bees while we're there.
+1
+1 and contemplate along the way about how bees are the dwarves of the animal kingdom.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 10:36:03 pm by MadMonkey »
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Shokmug Onor will never die
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2020, 10:40:46 am »

Feeling unsafe, you quickly rummage through the closest workshop chest.

Finally, you find them.

The craftdwarfship is... unsatisfying. However, the external appearance is nothing compared to their unbridled utility. You try to squeeze the bees into the armor, and manage to gain...

-50 regular bees

+50 -armored- bees.

You begin thinking about whether bees could create a tiny dwarven fortress. However, these thoughts are quickly cut off by an uncomfortably close shuffling of feet.
You quickly but calmly walk to the militia room.
However, upon reaching the doors, three forlorn haunts frighten you.

They wail in pain and sadness, as their cries pierce your mind. "Whyyyy? the mines.... the minesss!"

What do you do?

The dwarven atom is made of !!TURKEY GOBLER!! remains

no one can deny this

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2020, 11:14:27 am »

Ignore the ghosts and run past them into the military room, our bees will protect us from them,
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2020, 03:07:30 pm »

Inquire about their names so that slabs may be engraved.
Also inquire if any of them are ghostly stoneworkers who might want to do a bit a post mortem work for the fortress. We've heard it happens sometimes.

P.S. (Out of character observation)
When I read that the manager had designated a bridge "for the king" immediately following a particularly ... inspired ... mandate, I was not hopeful regarding the amount of work that had progressed. Actually finding some bee armor made me really grin. :D x4 Approval
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 04:04:07 pm by mightymushroom »

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2020, 04:04:33 pm »

Ignore the ghosts and run past them into the military room, our bees will protect us from them,

+1

There is no time, we must protect the bees at all cause. Once the threat is eliminated then we'll worried about the ghosts.
Pages: 1 [2]