Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to Create The Most Tauntrum Resistant Dwarven Adventurer?  (Read 1218 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
How to Create The Most Tauntrum Resistant Dwarven Adventurer?
« on: November 06, 2020, 11:31:49 am »

Assuming dwarves can throw tauntrums when they are player created characters as party members. Can dwarfs suffer from heart attacks under stress like "Darkest Dungeon" heroes?
Does following help:

Lowest level anxiety.
Lowest level emotional sway.
Highest level on all positive emotions (love, lust).
Lowest level on all negative emotions (hate, anger).
Lowest vulnerability to stress.
Highest level pride.
Highest level breavery.
Fearless.
Increasing level in discipline until legendary or even more.
Increasing some factors that provoke stress reducing emotions increase intensity or give certain needs. It may not be worth investing in them. To be kept neutral.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 11:33:53 am by rico6822 »
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

MC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to Create The Most Tauntrum Resistant Dwarven Adventurer?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 12:23:04 pm »

Party member tantrums seem to be fairly "harmless" (in that they normally just murder someone, often some goblin nobody cares about) and I don't think a character you are currently controlling can tantrum at all.

However, fullfilled needs DO matter quite a lot, and those stats affect them. First of all Love and Lust are both VERY VERY VERY BAD in adventure mode (despite lust being a good thing in fort mode. I don't even think fulfilling the "make romance" need in adventure mode is even possible, and not just in a "you can't actually start a romance without hacking" way (and you can't), but even if you hack someone to be your lover it doesn't seem to fulfill the need.

Honestly most positive emotions are really bad for adventurers. Spending time with friends and family is basically impossible. Helping people is supposedly possible, but for the life of me I can't get the reunions to trigger and even if I could its easily the most random and time consuming need to fill.

Ironically being a horrible person is the shortest path to happiness. Adventurers who like fighting, arguing, causing trouble, and being extravagant are really easy to keep fulfilled and happy.

As for just minmaxing stress, maxing out joy propensity or minimizing stress vulnerability are enough to render someone virtually immune to stress by themselves (stress vuln of 0 just won't get bad thoughts at all, joy propensity of 100 can get beaten and arrested 6 times in one year and still be the happiest person in your fort by a massive margin). putting both together is enough to make someone who could be happy even when caught in the rain, retching on miasma, surrounded by the corpses of their family.
This is a terrible mod. All crashmanship is of the highest quality. This object is adorned with hanging rings of notification spam. This object menaces with spikes of llama wool. On the item is an image of a large oval dwarf flesh cabochan in elf bone. The artwork relates to the attack of an unknown creature on an unknown creature in a time before time. It was inevitable.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 03:38:22 am »

Ironically being a horrible person is the shortest path to happiness. Adventurers who like fighting, arguing, causing trouble, and being extravagant are really easy to keep fulfilled and happy.

It seems to be realistic. OP write about persons who good for living in fortmode (society), when adventure mode is about playing as people who are independent like sociopaths.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 06:05:50 pm »

Across both modes, I like hedging against AI-control, which is kind of a way of playing with and against the game at the same time. YMMV of course.

So as tantrums don't occur in isolation, when choosing personality traits, go -2 to flattery & -2 to humor, so your character gen unit, if/when controlled by the AI, doesn't cause a brawl with a +1/+2/+3 (to anger) world gen unit. All they'll do is mention environment/weather/traits and hivemind rumors.

Also possibly +3 to closed-mindedness, as that's the best you can do to avoid values flip character gen and new needs. This will displease an +0-and-up flattery world gen unit who wants to be right. There isn't a great way to handle this with AI hedging.

Just as with combat, in conversation, the AI-controlled units spam actions with little regard to context.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 06:07:27 pm by peasant cretin »