Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: History of Q'uaksnatic Papercrafts  (Read 10499 times)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
Re: History of Q'uaksnatic Papercrafts
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2021, 03:19:26 pm »

Yeah, I like the variety of it too, though 50% of are slimes  :P Probably the most fleshed out "faction" of the bunch, followed by the ogres/giants. Man, now I really want to build on this, this project was a good idea, given more time and focus, could've been so great. But, the good thing is, it still can be! I've already thought of a cool reimagining of the archwizard unit, so that's probably a model I'm going to make soon, and be sure you'll get to see it too! Crafting games for each other was always a thing in my family, at least in the closer sibling/cousin circle, given the simplicity of the papercrafts and there still being people interested in these games, I indeed do have an urge to resurrect this.

As for the Amon bird, yeah, that's exactly what I did xD That was the sole purpose of the model's existence ;D

And the bending/curving thing, that I guess was invented like, eight years ago? Pretty ancient technique, but not used on many models. Would be harder to perform with layered ones, but still possible for sure. It's usually more effective to cut out curved pieces right out of the paper, then they're more sturdy as well as "accented". But it looks very cool on the slimes, and tentacles in general.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2021, 04:20:14 pm »

As a fan of Dominions, feel free to showcase the army of Jotuns from Dominions, or other Dominions characters!  Especially if you've made any of the Gods.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2021, 12:36:16 am »

Also I forgot to mention it but there were pictures from Tales of the deer wizard in the last group of pictures and those drawings seem way smaller than I thought they would be, I figured they would be quite big.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 2 [3]