Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 62636 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Day 1 Sounds the Alarm
« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2020, 04:13:55 am »

Everyone: Show off your psychic abilities: what number am I thinking of?

apricot.

Caz: What's your plan for this game?[/qoute]

Literally no idea. Since it's a bastard game don't we have to find out how to win it first? Playing like normal mafia just seems like a good way to- JK GREEN SUS I SAW HIM IN ELECTRICAL FAKING TASKS

I'm still confused at why web is killing himself given that he even says that mod death flips aren't going to be reliable.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2020, 04:14:26 am »

how do quotes even work at 9am.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2020, 04:18:54 am »

We're in vault 11 guys. Posting this now to quote back on page 37.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2020, 04:48:29 am »

@IcyTea31:
What do you find important about psychics?
Why, finding someone able to falsifiably and repeatably demonstrate psychic abilities would be cause for a scientific revolution!
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 21, 2020, 04:53:47 am »

Jim and Toonyman: did you guys arrive on the pods?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #125 on: November 21, 2020, 05:05:13 am »

So are you going by Maph in this game?

Shit! The ever humble mod must have not noticed my mistake.
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 21, 2020, 05:07:14 am »

Meph: Can we lynch roseheart? He's obviously doing the sfx while you two beam this game out into the cosmos a la hunger games and then rake in the profit.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #127 on: November 21, 2020, 05:10:37 am »

*peers from behind the camera*

*gulp*

(fix sent)
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2020, 08:11:33 am »

Come on, it's a bastard game. You don't ask for permission to do unexpected things.

roseheart
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 21, 2020, 09:11:01 am »

plan

This assumes that everybody has the same Exterminator win condition and everybody believes it. Do you believe your win condition?
If I didn't, there would be nothing to believe, and we'd be headless chickens.

You could disbelieve it, perhaps the win-con is the complete opposite of what was given to us. Maybe the goal is to survive a night without having any of us die. With 11 players, keeping the paranoia under control would be a challenge worthy of a mafia game.

*IMPORTANT PLEASE READ*

That's why I want to vote No-lynch. In addition to this being my hypothesized win-condition, I also believe doing this is our best way of finding out if there is a hidden dop team after all. Dops must kill, for that is their twisted nature, but the 'termies as I shall now call us have the capability to exercise some self-control. I believe this is worth looking into since the opening does say that there 3 dops.

Even if I turn out to be wrong, we can always try the mass-suicide strat next day. If webadict's wincon theory is right (ie. a posthumous victory is possible), then we don't actually all have to die at the same time. 3 of us could die day 2, 4 could die day 3, and the remaining 4 will have a much easier time pulling off a MAD.

Surviving a night wouldn't be difficult, all one has to do is drop a stun bomb.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 21, 2020, 09:13:06 am »

plan

This assumes that everybody has the same Exterminator win condition and everybody believes it. Do you believe your win condition?
If I didn't, there would be nothing to believe, and we'd be headless chickens.

You could disbelieve it, perhaps the win-con is the complete opposite of what was given to us. Maybe the goal is to survive a night without having any of us die. With 11 players, keeping the paranoia under control would be a challenge worthy of a mafia game.

*IMPORTANT PLEASE READ*

That's why I want to vote No-lynch. In addition to this being my hypothesized win-condition, I also believe doing this is our best way of finding out if there is a hidden dop team after all. Dops must kill, for that is their twisted nature, but the 'termies as I shall now call us have the capability to exercise some self-control. I believe this is worth looking into since the opening does say that there 3 dops.

Even if I turn out to be wrong, we can always try the mass-suicide strat next day. If webadict's wincon theory is right (ie. a posthumous victory is possible), then we don't actually all have to die at the same time. 3 of us could die day 2, 4 could die day 3, and the remaining 4 will have a much easier time pulling off a MAD.

Surviving a night wouldn't be difficult, all one has to do is drop a stun bomb.
While I'm pretty sure we all have a natural mind shield (useless in this setup) someone wishing to be particularly clever could get a Replicator as their large item and use it to produce an anti-tech field, which would stop not only a stun bomb but all the other fancy toys people can run around with in a full exterminator game.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 21, 2020, 11:29:08 am »

roseheart

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 21, 2020, 11:34:48 am »

It wont stop a plasmabomb or Advanced Targeting system.  Both large techs.

Problem with stun bomb is that it would also stop Doppelgangers as well and thus we have no way of susing out their kill. Could still be useful though. Does give me an idea though.

Here’s a basic plan.

We vote no-lynch Day 1, then quicken.
Someone uses stunbomb night 1 to keep us from killing each other.
If anyone dies anyway, the killer is clearly working against our interests and is thus deserving of a lynch day 2, regardless if he is dop or ‘termie.

If there are no killers last night, then vote no-lynch and quicken again. Someone else uses a stunbomb night 2 because we shouldn’t put all of our eggs in the same basket. *glares at Webadict*

Day 3. Any hidden dops will have to kill this night, though I have no idea if a third night without a kill will starve them and thus win us the game regardless.

Day 3 will be our final no-Lynch shorten. No stun bombs this night, unless Meph confirms the starvation possibility. By the end of this night we will have proof of the existence of dops and thus we can focus on killing them rather than each other. As long as we keep shortening, it will not take much real-time. Most players should also still be alive which will hopefully give us the numbers to beat them.

Any problems with the plan?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #133 on: November 21, 2020, 11:41:47 am »

Ok, I just had a disturbing thought. What if all 11 of us aren't the dopp? And maybe this is some sort of sick twisted form of Battle Royale?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 21, 2020, 11:54:20 am »

Jim Groovester:
Shakerag, you were also in the last Bastard Paranormal. wtf is going on?
Yes, and I re-read some of it.  Still wish you would have picked up on me having the same goal as you. 
It would appear that bastardry is going on.  As one would expect. 

Quote from: Jim Groovester
Also stop working and play mafia.
no u

IcyTea31
Shakerag: True or false? Bastard games require such lopsided thinking that sobriety is necessary to not fall over.
You can pry my vodka out of my cold, dead hands.

webadict
Neato. I'll be the only player to assassinate themself with an Assassin Bot. Funny.
Assassin bot is a morning-kill though?

Luckyowl:
Ok, I just had a disturbing thought. What if all 11 of us aren't the dopp? And maybe this is some sort of sick twisted form of Battle Royale?
Possible, but that's an awfully shallow twist for a Meph bastard game.  There's almost certainly more to it than just that.

So, yeah I'm an Exterminator as well with the SK win condition.  And a mind shield.  I haven't picked my tech choices yet.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 62