Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 62600 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Day 1 Sounds the Alarm
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2020, 10:35:38 pm »

Mass suicide kinda feels like a shitty outcome to shoot for, but barring additional information at present that's all we know for now. 

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2020, 10:38:05 pm »

To elaborate, since no one is claiming anything weird, the best info we're gonna get is from flips (or so I hope) so unraveling any additional bastardness (if there is any) will really start on D2. 

I think no lynch is still a bad idea on D1, bastardness or not. 

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 21, 2020, 11:29:58 pm »

To elaborate, since no one is claiming anything weird, the best info we're gonna get is from flips (or so I hope) so unraveling any additional bastardness (if there is any) will really start on D2. 

I think no lynch is still a bad idea on D1, bastardness or not.
Alright, who would you like to lynch then?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2020, 11:44:40 pm »

As you debate a vent opens silently in the ceiling.

A small, spider like bot drops down and lands on Tricmagic . A long blade stabs down into him, and he screams in pain. He reaches around, trying to get a hold on it.

A bright light on the back of the robot blinks rapidly, and those nearby back up quickly.

Moments later, an explosion splatters blood and gore across the wall and the bot completes its job.

You check out the body, and he is clearly an Alien Exterminator. It seems someone had it out for him, or perhaps just wanted to get things kicked off with a bang.

Tricmagic has died.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2020, 12:22:24 am »

Okay, well, first of all, that was rude.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2020, 12:22:55 am »

Neat.

Did we learn anything? Doesn't feel like it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 22, 2020, 12:25:55 am »

Neat.

Did we learn anything? Doesn't feel like it.
I mean, it sorta confirmed everything I thought I knew, so... yeah, not really.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 22, 2020, 01:03:59 am »

TricMagic... I didn't know you well, but out of all the Exterminator kills I've seen, yours was one of them. I'll make sure you are... not really avenged, but, like, just like regular venged? Envengified?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 22, 2020, 04:23:21 am »

Anyway, I want to move this game forward a little so let me just do something.

So that was you, yes?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 22, 2020, 05:14:22 am »

Indeed. I was hoping Tric’s death would reveal something new to us, but a lack of a reveal is also quite telling. I chose to do it now rather than wait for the lynch because I wanted us to be able to discuss the implications before the first night. If we waited till the lynch we would be shocked by the lack of information, but be unable to discuss it and perhaps do something unwise. Honestly, I’m surprised by this outcome, I was hoping that we’d learn something.

I’m certainly gonna get lynched for this, but that doesn’t really matter if mass-suicide is the win-condition. He was one of the few people who was against that plan so now there’s less people to interfere with it.

If more information comes up, we’ll probably see it during day 2. Seems like we’ve done the best we could for day 1 though.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 22, 2020, 05:32:58 am »

Right now I’ve got 2 theories.

Theory 1: More information will be obtained when the day passes

Theory 2: More information will be obtained when someone dies

Of the two, I think theory 2 is more likely unfortunately. Though I’ve been advocating for the pacifist approach for a while now, it’s becoming more clear that it probably isn’t going to work out and I don’t think Meph was expecting it to work out either.

Since theory 2 didn't work can we try theory 1 now? prayer circle guys :(

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 22, 2020, 05:34:18 am »

Indeed. I was hoping Tric’s death would reveal something new to us, but a lack of a reveal is also quite telling. I chose to do it now rather than wait for the lynch because I wanted us to be able to discuss the implications before the first night. If we waited till the lynch we would be shocked by the lack of information, but be unable to discuss it and perhaps do something unwise. Honestly, I’m surprised by this outcome, I was hoping that we’d learn something.

I’m certainly gonna get lynched for this, but that doesn’t really matter if mass-suicide is the win-condition. He was one of the few people who was against that plan so now there’s less people to interfere with it.

If more information comes up, we’ll probably see it during day 2. Seems like we’ve done the best we could for day 1 though.
He was also the least interesting person you could have killed as far as "is there something more going on with this game".  He was the first one to mention the eleven exterminator intel and thus the most likely to be exactly what he said on the tin, ridiculous paranoia aside.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 22, 2020, 07:01:16 am »

I didn’t want to waste my assassin bot on someone with an anti-tech field. Anti-tech and intel are mutually exclusive. In hindsight, I probably should have killed IceyTea instead since I believe he also claimed to have intel and I could have verified if he was lying.

Ideological purity was my biggest reason for killing Tric though. He was opposed to mass suicide so I thought I’d eliminate someone who could potentially go against the plan, just like webadict is planning to do. I was honestly thinking of killing you too Caz, but I didn’t want to risk you having anti-tech.

He was also the least interesting person you could have killed as far as "is there something more going on with this game".  He was the first one to mention the eleven exterminator intel and thus the most likely to be exactly what he said on the tin, ridiculous paranoia aside.

I thought we would get meaningful intel if we killed anyone honestly. My crack theory was that the psychic presence in the role PM was simply making us think we were exterminators, even if we weren’t. So if we killed someone, their flip would reveal their true role and alignment. Speaking of those lines, I think it makes sense for one person in the group to purchase an advanced-mind shield just to eliminate that possibility. We rationalized disbelieving the opening message by simply saying they were doppleganger pods rather than full-blown Doppelgangers, but what possible semantics trickery can be used to explain away the psychic presence?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 22, 2020, 07:03:10 am »

I didn’t want to waste my assassin bot on someone with an anti-tech field. Anti-tech and intel are mutually exclusive so Tric was a safe bet. In hindsight, I probably should have killed IceyTea instead since I believe he also claimed to have intel and I could have verified if he was lying.

Ideological purity was my biggest reason for killing Tric though. He was opposed to mass suicide so I thought I’d eliminate someone who could potentially go against the plan, just like webadict is planning to do. I was honestly thinking of killing you too Caz, but I didn’t want to risk you having anti-tech.

I thought we would get meaningful intel if we killed anyone honestly. My crack theory was that the psychic presence in the role PM was simply making us think we were exterminators, even if we weren’t. So if we killed someone, their flip would reveal their true role and alignment. Speaking of those lines, I think it makes sense for one person in the group to purchase an advanced-mind shield just to eliminate that possibility. We rationalized disbelieving the opening message by simply saying they were doppleganger pods rather than full-blown Doppelgangers, but what possible semantics trickery can be used to explain away the psychic presence?

Quote to Edit

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2020, 08:43:38 am »

His last words: Curse you Mep-Mep! https://youtu.be/9tnggF0ck7E

(Seriously, I have words and cannot speak them. GJ Blue. Black out.)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 62