Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 62613 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Day 1 Sounds the Alarm
« Reply #210 on: November 22, 2020, 09:03:17 am »

* You hear an eerie sound throughout the station as the peace drums begin to play

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 22, 2020, 11:02:24 am »

heydude6
My crack theory was that the psychic presence in the role PM was simply making us think we were exterminators, even if we weren’t.
I'm sorry, the what?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 22, 2020, 11:09:09 am »

heydude6
My crack theory was that the psychic presence in the role PM was simply making us think we were exterminators, even if we weren’t.
I'm sorry, the what?
... So, anyway, let's lynch heydude6.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 22, 2020, 11:33:27 am »

Since theory 2 didn't work can we try theory 1 now? prayer circle guys :(

But, Caz,

Meph, is it possible for players to have hidden win conditions?

All players current win conditions are accurately reflected in their Role PM.

How does holding hands and singing kumbaya get me closer to my win condition of everybody else dying, which Meph confirmed was accurate?

He was also the least interesting person you could have killed as far as "is there something more going on with this game".  He was the first one to mention the eleven exterminator intel and thus the most likely to be exactly what he said on the tin, ridiculous paranoia aside.

Who would have been a better person to shoot?

From your perspective, not his.

Ideological purity

wtf game of mafia am I playing

Ideological purity was my biggest reason for killing Tric though. He was opposed to mass suicide so I thought I’d eliminate someone who could potentially go against the plan, just like webadict is planning to do. I was honestly thinking of killing you too Caz, but I didn’t want to risk you having anti-tech.

Why TricMagic over any of the other people who weren't fully subscribed to the mass suicide strategy? Was it because he was voting you?

heydude6
I'm sorry, the what?

You don't know?

... So, anyway, let's lynch heydude6.

Works for me. heydude6.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 22, 2020, 11:41:33 am »

But, Caz,

How does holding hands and singing kumbaya get me closer to my win condition of everybody else dying, which Meph confirmed was accurate?

Current win condition implies that the win conditions are changeable. What if they change to something like "You win if TricMagic is alive and x is dead"? We could be throwing away chances to win already. I don't think a little delay on everyone starting to kill each other is much to ask for given that we have enough firepower to wipe ourselves out in one night phase if we really put our minds to it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 22, 2020, 11:50:12 am »

But, Caz,

Current win condition implies that the win conditions are changeable. What if they change to something like "You win if TricMagic is alive and x is dead"? We could be throwing away chances to win already. I don't think a little delay on everyone starting to kill each other is much to ask for given that we have enough firepower to wipe ourselves out in one night phase if we really put our minds to it.
Caz... Do you have a win condition that doesn't work with this?

I also no longer feel like Plasma Bombing Jim... He's too eager to be Plasma Bombed... But, I also want to Plasma Bomb him because he's so willing to be Plasma Bombed.

Hmm... HMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 22, 2020, 11:57:15 am »

The Monitor
heydude6: Jim Groovester, Shakerag, webadict
Luckyowl: Luckyowl
webadict: Toonyman
No Lynch: heydude6

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 04:34:48 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 22, 2020, 12:14:50 pm »

Jim Groovester
You don't know?
Please enlighten me.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 22, 2020, 12:23:24 pm »

If your role PM matches mine you should have a throwaway line about psychic interference for why you have a mind shield.

Unless your role PM doesn't match mine.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 22, 2020, 12:39:39 pm »

Jim Groovester:
If your role PM matches mine you should have a throwaway line about psychic interference for why you have a mind shield.

Unless your role PM doesn't match mine.
Yes, I have that as well.  It just sounded like heydude6 was actually contacted by some psychic presence.

Hmm.  Here's a wild thought.  Pretend for a minute everyone was given a mind shield.  What if part of the bastardry is related to that psychic interference and is part of the puzzle?

Meph:  Assume a player has a mind shield item.  Can they de-activate it for a night?  Can they discard the item completely?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 22, 2020, 12:45:33 pm »

I'm writing this one out here so if I'm wrong we can point back to it and laugh but ...   I'm assuming a specific tech item is not needed to unwrap/solve any further bastadardry (assuming it exists) in the game since we have to submit tech choices on day one. 

Unless Meph is a fan of those old Sierra point-and-click games where if you didn't keep a random item during the whole game you can't win the boss fight or something evil and ridiculous. 

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #221 on: November 22, 2020, 01:16:31 pm »

Heydude6 I think you chose the wrong person to kill. This is what I think. You killed Tric because he voted you. You panicked and killed him. Then you tried to act like you did it to gain 'information' when honestly TricMagic was just a paranoid Termie. If you wanted to kill anyone, it should've been Webadict, he wanted to kill himself,  and made a wild claim that he set an assassin bot to kill him. But where is it? no where. Killing Webadict would've been the best option. No one would've I thought it was you and we would've thought that Webadict went through with his plan.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 22, 2020, 01:25:20 pm »

He was also the least interesting person you could have killed as far as "is there something more going on with this game".  He was the first one to mention the eleven exterminator intel and thus the most likely to be exactly what he said on the tin, ridiculous paranoia aside.

Who would have been a better person to shoot?

From your perspective, not his.
Anybody whose name wasn't Tricmagic or webadict.  While there's a certain logic behind "Tricmagic won't let go of the scumteam paranoia, might as well get rid of him so he doesn't screw up the plan" we could always lynch him if he was being a problem and his death wasn't likely to tell us anything.  My list of "people who, even if the game is completely fucky, are almost certainly regular exterminators" was, at the time, webadict and Tric (it now includes you and I'm contemplating adding Caz to it) so I would have killed anyone outside of that on the off chance that I hit someone with a role outside of our current understanding of the game.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 22, 2020, 01:51:12 pm »

I also no longer feel like Plasma Bombing Jim... He's too eager to be Plasma Bombed... But, I also want to Plasma Bomb him because he's so willing to be Plasma Bombed.

Hmm... HMMMMMMMMMMMM.

When are you ever going to get the opportunity for fireworks like this ever again?

Hmm.  Here's a wild thought.  Pretend for a minute everyone was given a mind shield.  What if part of the bastardry is related to that psychic interference and is part of the puzzle?

Meph:  Assume a player has a mind shield item.  Can they de-activate it for a night?  Can they discard the item completely?

There might be more to pick at here. The Rules say that the Exterminator has a choice between Mind Shield and Anti-Tech Field, but I got no such choice and I confirmed with Meph that that was intentional.

Maaaaaaaaybe it's just part of the bastard setup so that all our tech works against each other (with the result being a very violent game) but maybe there's more going on.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 22, 2020, 02:23:49 pm »

Heydude6 I think you chose the wrong person to kill. This is what I think. You killed Tric because he voted you. You panicked and killed him. Then you tried to act like you did it to gain 'information' when honestly TricMagic was just a paranoid Termie. If you wanted to kill anyone, it should've been Webadict, he wanted to kill himself,  and made a wild claim that he set an assassin bot to kill him. But where is it? no where. Killing Webadict would've been the best option. No one would've I thought it was you and we would've thought that Webadict went through with his plan.

Webadict is a good player who has said a lot of valuable things. He’s basically our leader so far.

Also, Why the fuck would I want to hide the fact that I was the one who killed him?! All that would do was create unnecessary paranoia and confuse our team. Maybe I should have also bought a kill camouflager and made it look like a dop did it as well too in that case?

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 62