Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 62780 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Hunt Phase 1 is in progress
« Reply #480 on: December 01, 2020, 11:23:43 pm »

Hm. Do you think there's some sort of organization trying to help us escape? This is quite interesting. Jim, can you tell me how you are communicating with them?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 01, 2020, 11:31:32 pm »

Hm. Do you think there's some sort of organization trying to help us escape?

No idea.

Jim, can you tell me how you are communicating with them?

Psychically. I discarded my mind shield on Night 1. I had to focus and meditate to get the second message clearer than the first one.

I'm not communicating with them, they're communicating with me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 01, 2020, 11:34:39 pm »

I think there's a way to resolve this peacefully but seriously all of you need to stop killing each other.

I agree too. That's why I'm trying to go for disarmament. Killing eachother will become harder to do. Doing this is a powerful gesture to show that we aren't going to fight eachother anymore. The fact that it's compulsory is only there to make those with massive egos realize that they aren't going to win this thing with violence.

IcyTea31 had a used personal shield on him so he was attacked twice.

He had a used personal shield, a stab wound in the throat, and a plasma hole in his chest. I think that might be at least two attempts, and likely three.

I didn't check the other bodies but it would probably be smart to check them closely for the number of attempts in order to run down what happened during the phase.

That was just a flavour thing. IceyTea was running down the hall to escape from some unknown threat and ran into me. My guy grabbed his gun arm and stabbed him in the throat. Then he shot him in the heart with the gun arm to finish him off. It was just meant to make me look badass.

Toonyman: Why did you thought targeting Juicebox would prove Jim's innocence? What if the shadowy figure did not strike first before you? wouldn't it just make you look like the agent of chaos? even if Jim didn't kill Juicebox, what's stopping him from killing the other three? It's not like he need the money anyways especially that he just looted Webadict, and Tric, and probably the other 3.
True, Jim could have killed one of the other victims, but there would be no bounty to claim in that case. Maybe my play wasn't the best choice, but at least I came forward with my actions where as the other Juicebox killer is keeping quiet (let alone the other three people that have died). I checked with Meph and if that other Juicebox attacker is Jim then he would get claim to the bounty.

I collected juicebox's bounty but I was not trying to kill him. I was attempting to see if it was possible to fake his death in order to collect the bounty.

He was in on it. We were making a show of struggling when he started behaving oddly and darted off to go attack somebody. So I can confirm heydude6 using Mind Control on juicebox.

Afterward I engaged in a short shootout with juicebox's killer and then left.

According to Meph since it looked like I was trying to kill juicebox, but wasn't actually trying to kill him, I collected his bounty.

I could honestly believe that story based on how you acted in day 2, but it contradicts Toonyman's account. If it happened the way you said it did, then Toonyman would have been the one who dealt the killing blow, but he denies it.

I want to hear Toonyman's response.

And as obviously full of crap as web was, you had a bounty on him (which I assume means you have lots of KOR now). Cool. How about getting us a hacking tool so we can take control of the station and stop the repair ship being blown up?

The repair ship called me at the start of the phase and told me they were stopped by armed ships and had to turn around.

Don't worry about the hacking tool since I already bought a Replicator and made one.
It would help your case if you sent your tool to a trusted party (Shakerrag or LuckyOwl) so they could verify its existence. Is it a single-use tool or is it reusable? That info could help in future escape plans.

I had enough faith in people not killing me that I didn't feel the need to protect myself from the possibility. This faith was completely misplaced apparently.

We now have the money and the plan is meant to curb violence. Don't give up. I am working on something and I'm sure you guys can come up with something else if you don't trust me.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 01, 2020, 11:36:38 pm »

Well, I'll try to meditate to see if I'll get anything. Everyone else should do the same. This way we can confirm a possible third party in the mix.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 01, 2020, 11:51:09 pm »

I collected juicebox's bounty but I was not trying to kill him. I was attempting to see if it was possible to fake his death in order to collect the bounty.
He was in on it. We were making a show of struggling when he started behaving oddly and darted off to go attack somebody. So I can confirm heydude6 using Mind Control on juicebox.
Afterward I engaged in a short shootout with juicebox's killer and then left.
According to Meph since it looked like I was trying to kill juicebox, but wasn't actually trying to kill him, I collected his bounty.
You...pretended to kill Juicebox but also got the bounty from him? In other words, if I had not targeted Juicebox then you likely would not have gotten paid. That's wild.

I could honestly believe that story based on how you acted in day 2, but it contradicts Toonyman's account. If it happened the way you said it did, then Toonyman would have been the one who dealt the killing blow, but he denies it.
You're talking about the ":3" faces right? Let me check my Night flavor again more thoroughly.

Okay, after checking closely I can confirm I left first after shooting Juicebox with my laser gun so I have to admit it could line up with what Jim is saying.

The repair ship called me at the start of the phase and told me they were stopped by armed ships and had to turn around.
Don't worry about the hacking tool since I already bought a Replicator and made one.
It would help your case if you sent your tool to a trusted party (Shakerrag or LuckyOwl) so they could verify its existence. Is it a single-use tool or is it reusable? That info could help in future escape plans.
Good, I can get behind this.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 02, 2020, 12:03:25 am »

You're talking about the ":3" faces right? Let me check my Night flavor again more thoroughly.

Okay, after checking closely I can confirm I left first after shooting Juicebox with my laser gun so I have to admit it could line up with what Jim is saying.

The fact that you aren't immediately tearing into him gives me faith that Jim might be telling the truth. If it somehow did happen in such a way, then neither of you would have looted him yet unless you looted his body after the fight. In that case, the one who looted him can tell us what items he had or I can wait for Meph to tell me the results of my own examination. Seems like we should have this case wrapped up soon.

Unless one of us knows a reason why juicebox might not have any items?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 02, 2020, 12:06:01 am »

Jim, can you tell me how you are communicating with them?
Psychically. I discarded my mind shield on Night 1. I had to focus and meditate to get the second message clearer than the first one.
I'm not communicating with them, they're communicating with me.
If this is true I believe this is how we can win "the other way". I wasn't convinced when people were talking about hearing dumb advertisements earlier. Has anyone else heard these sorts of messages? I have not turned off my mind shield this game but I probably should huh?

Well, I'll try to meditate to see if I'll get anything. Everyone else should do the same. This way we can confirm a possible third party in the mix.
We'll show those GMs we aren't playing their game.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 02, 2020, 12:20:39 am »

I agree too. That's why I'm trying to go for disarmament. Killing eachother will become harder to do. Doing this is a powerful gesture to show that we aren't going to fight eachother anymore. The fact that it's compulsory is only there to make those with massive egos realize that they aren't going to win this thing with violence.

webadict tried cooperation from the barrel of a gun and look where that got him.

Coercive methods are very bad for generating the trust needed for people to actually cooperate.

After all, in theory, the penalty for not cooperating when being coerced is losing a game of mafia, which isn't that stiff of a penalty and may be worth risking for the satisfaction of sticking it to somebody who's trying to act tough in a game of mafia.

We now have the money and the plan is meant to curb violence. Don't give up. I am working on something and I'm sure you guys can come up with something else if you don't trust me.

Sure, maybe, but we also don't have explanations for webadict and 4maskwolf dying, so it is much too soon to be having discussions about cooperating.

No.

I can send you my used up Replicator but I'm not going to give away my hacking tool even to verify that I possess it. At best you can confirm that I could have made it, and that with the 200 IQ lateral thinking I've been doing all game long you'll have to assume that I couldn't possibly resist not having it to explore the possibilities it would open up for me.

As for the mechanics behind the tool, you can verify those with Mephansteras.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 02, 2020, 01:28:03 am »

webadict tried cooperation from the barrel of a gun and look where that got him.

The Webadict murder probably is the saddest part of that entire night. I'm certain solving it would be essential to winning this. If we assume it isn't Toonyman for the sake of argument, why would someone without a bounty on him want him dead?

After all, in theory, the penalty for not cooperating when being coerced is losing a game of mafia, which isn't that stiff of a penalty and may be worth risking for the satisfaction of sticking it to somebody who's trying to act tough in a game of mafia. being a badass who was able to outwit 10 other players.
Changed it to make a point.

Petty emotions are the main reason why we are in this situation in the first place. Nobody is going to be able to win if we cling to them. Right now, I'm offering everyone who has killed someone last night the chance to redeem themselves alongside the safety of knowing that those who would try to take revenge on them don't have the means to do so. The majority of us are killers. We need this. There is no way of winning if there is still anyone with the intent of killing at the end of this day. I can only guarantee that they won't win either. They're not getting that satisfaction either way.

Even without my change, I think the satisfaction of somehow managing pull a win out of this together is more satisfying than sticking it to one player you don't like.

Sure, maybe, but we also don't have explanations for webadict and 4maskwolf dying, so it is much too soon to be having discussions about cooperating.

I'm pretty sure Caz killed 4maskwolf, but he left bay12 before he could see my post. I do want to hear his thoughts though.

As for Web, I want Luckyowl to verify the continued existence of Shakerrag's assassin bot to at least put that suspicion aside. My top suspect for Web's death is Toony, and if he would confess and hand over the bounty to Shakerag, it would be a great step on the road to cooperation.

No.

I can send you my used up Replicator but I'm not going to give away my hacking tool even to verify that I possess it. At best you can confirm that I could have made it, and that with the 200 IQ lateral thinking I've been doing all game long you'll have to assume that I couldn't possibly resist not having it to explore the possibilities it would open up for me.

Obviously, I would have them send it back. If they didn't I would plasmabomb them myself. I'll Pm Meph about the specs though. Maybe there's some other way of proving that you have it.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 02, 2020, 08:11:22 am »

Yeah kinda obvious that I killed 4maskwolf. When webadict started acting crazy I thought it would be more useful to have KOR for items and it wouldn't really matter if I killed if the station exploded anyway, so eh. And he sorta made a comment about me killing him as if he was half-ok with it >_> cash money yo

People who keep saying we need to have peace are pretty funny to me given that the only peace we had was when I stunned everyone day 1. Esp heydude who has killed 2 people already. :D

But I do want to see where this 'psychic voices' things goes.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 02, 2020, 08:25:50 am »

Caz, Toonyman, Jim Groovester, and me Heydude6, will give our 1000 KOR bounties to Shakerag because he is one of the only two people who didn't kill that night. If he you have already bought some tech today, tell us what it is and then sell it (or sell your day 1 medium tech instead if you still have it).

This does two things. First, It disarms us and makes us much less dangerous. We are less likely to win the final showdown without tech and are therefore better incentivized to cooperate and be trustworthy.

Beyond awful plan, how do you even prove you have discarded items? What if the 'bank' character dies or goes rogue?

We are better off all having five guns each all pointed at each other.

Of course, even this is not enough. Here is the next part of the agreement and the part that you must listen to. If you do not give up your cash when asked to,and you cannot come up with a good explanation, then I will give my money to Shakerag or LuckyOwl and have them plasmabomb you tonight. Either you give us your money or you die with it. Carrying it into day 3 is not an option for us murderers.

This isn't really helpful because whoever you are deciding to kill can just plasmabomb themselves too. Plasmabombs for all :D

I don't know why you are obsessed with stopping everyone from using the KOR. Jim already used it to get a hacking device which might help us actually win this game without us all dying. And the cost of obtaining all this $ was high in the first place.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 02, 2020, 09:01:34 am »

Meph: I want to show my mind shield to everyone here.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 02, 2020, 11:01:11 am »

Luckyowl shows off their mind shield. It is clearly turned off at the moment

Truce phase ends ~5pm Pacific Today (about 9 hours)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 02, 2020, 12:24:48 pm »

Caz, Toonyman, Jim Groovester, and me Heydude6, will give our 1000 KOR bounties to Shakerag because he is one of the only two people who didn't kill that night. If he you have already bought some tech today, tell us what it is and then sell it (or sell your day 1 medium tech instead if you still have it).

This does two things. First, It disarms us and makes us much less dangerous. We are less likely to win the final showdown without tech and are therefore better incentivized to cooperate and be trustworthy.

Beyond awful plan, how do you even prove you have discarded items? What if the 'bank' character dies or goes rogue?

You could have asked those exact same questions when you gave Jim the money to call a ship, but you didn’t because you trusted his character. I trust Shakerag’s character because he was one of the only few people who didn’t claim a bounty last night.

As for death, that would be a lot less likely if anyone who would want to kill him didn’t have tech. There are also ways of arranging your money to go to someone else in the event of your  death.

More importantly though, no plan is going to work if everyone in this room doesn’t already agree to cooperate. Giving your money is more of a way of stating that you’ve renounced your murderous ways rather than a fool-proof method of stopping all violence. If you aren’t going to show faith yourself, why should anyone have faith in you?

how do you even prove you have discarded items?

If you’re talking about Iceytea’s used up personal shield, single use items leave remnants when they’re used, like candy wrappers. When you inspect a corpse, you will find those remnants.

This isn't really helpful because whoever you are deciding to kill can just plasmabomb themselves too. Plasmabombs for all :D

I don't know why you are obsessed with stopping everyone from using the KOR. Jim already used it to get a hacking device which might help us actually win this game without us all dying. And the cost of obtaining all this $ was high in the first place.

If it actually got to the point where we would be using plasmabombs, then cooperation would have already failed. At that point, we would just be eliminating the players who were the biggest threats, ie. the jerks who won’t cooperate, because they were probably gonna kill tonight anyway. They can’t kill everyone though, so those who sided with the plan will be more likely to actually make it to the end.

KOR spent on weaponry is wasteful. If I actually end up having to buy the plasmabombs to execute my plan’s worst-case scenario, then we probably won’t have the funds to win anymore. The hacking device might help, but it would have been better to buy it after we made a new plan for it, to make sure it would remain useful.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 02, 2020, 12:43:13 pm »

No.

Luckyowl shows off their mind shield. It is clearly turned off at the moment

Truce phase ends ~5pm Pacific Today (about 9 hours)

If you're not willing to give your item for verification, how about you show it. So we can at least know you are telling the truth. It won't hurt Jim. You're already willing to claim you have one. Might as well show it.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 62