Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 62670 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Hunt Phase 1 is in progress
« Reply #495 on: December 02, 2020, 12:44:20 pm »

It would help your case if you sent your tool to a trusted party (Shakerrag or LuckyOwl) so they could verify its existence. Is it a single-use tool or is it reusable? That info could help in future escape plans.

No.

I can send you my used up Replicator but I'm not going to give away my hacking tool even to verify that I possess it. At best you can confirm that I could have made it, and that with the 200 IQ lateral thinking I've been doing all game long you'll have to assume that I couldn't possibly resist not having it to explore the possibilities it would open up for me.

As for the mechanics behind the tool, you can verify those with Mephansteras.
Meph: I want to show my mind shield to everyone here.

Luckyowl shows off their mind shield. It is clearly turned off at the moment

Truce phase ends ~5pm Pacific Today (about 9 hours)

If you're not willing to give your item for verification, how about you show it. So we can at least know you are telling the truth. It won't hurt Jim. You're already willing to claim you have one. Might as well show it. 

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 02, 2020, 12:59:42 pm »

I can do that.

Meph, I want to show off my hacking tool. I also want to do a magic trick and make rude gestures.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 02, 2020, 01:03:20 pm »

Meph:  I'll show off my assassin bot in the style of Al Pacino in Scarface. 

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 02, 2020, 01:04:00 pm »

Also I just woke up because sick day.   Give me a while.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 02, 2020, 01:06:49 pm »

Meph: Can you show off the 'lack' of an item? Like turning out your pockets or something?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 02, 2020, 01:10:26 pm »

Meph: I want show my Plasmabomb to everyone.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 02, 2020, 01:16:47 pm »

Oh shit, I just got a communication...I guess Jim wasn't lying after all. So right...I got...I got...uh...something something something...
"us"? and..."Im"...not sure what that mean at all. Everyone please try to tap into your Psychic ability. Someone, or something is trying to communicate with us.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 02, 2020, 01:28:14 pm »

K, I’ll do it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 02, 2020, 01:32:55 pm »

Oh shit, I just got a communication...I guess Jim wasn't lying after all. So right...I got...I got...uh...something something something...
"us"? and..."Im"...not sure what that mean at all. Everyone please try to tap into your Psychic ability. Someone, or something is trying to communicate with us.
Maybe some psychic people are on this space asteroid thing and need help somewhere inside?

I already sold my plasma bomb in real-life yesterday, but I can show my stun bomb.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 02, 2020, 01:38:29 pm »

I got another message. I'm thinking the messages are from dead chat since the message I got name dropped one of the players in here.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 02, 2020, 01:39:09 pm »

It got clearer...It looks like it's trying to "Web trust 'im." probably Jim. Fine, I'll trust Jim Groovester.
Maybe some psychic people are on this space asteroid thing and need help somewhere inside?

I already sold my plasma bomb in real-life yesterday, but I can show my stun bomb.

Have we ever tried to check the mine? Web said we need a spacesuit to get into the mine. This make it the last place we haven't explored.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 02, 2020, 01:48:20 pm »

I can do that.

Meph, I want to show off my hacking tool. I also want to do a magic trick and make rude gestures.

Jim pulls out a hacking tool from his jacket. He then makes a coin disappear and flips off the crowd as he reveals his empty hand.

Meph:  I'll show off my assassin bot in the style of Al Pacino in Scarface.

Shakerag opens up his coat to reveal an assassin bot. Its red lights blink menacingly at everyone.

Meph: Can you show off the 'lack' of an item? Like turning out your pockets or something?

You can, it'll basically reveal everything you have on you.

Meph: I want show my Plasmabomb to everyone.

Luckyowl opens up their backpack and pulls out a Plasma Bomb. It is not currently armed.
(Record scratch. This did not happen. Luckyowl does not have a Plasma Bomb on them, I read my spreadsheet wrong. Apologies)

(btw, if anyone has a preferred pronoun for me to use or I use the wrong one, just let me know)

« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 02:08:15 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 02, 2020, 01:52:12 pm »

Toonyman goes up to the vendor, buys a Stun Bomb, and shows it off to all of you.

Also, you notice that the maintenance droid that had been fixing the monitors is missing. Or perhaps left for a bit.

After a while one comes in and starts working on fixing the main monitor again.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 02, 2020, 01:53:36 pm »

Toonyman goes up to the vendor, buys a Stun Bomb, and shows it off to all of you.

Did you just do what I think you tried to do?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 02, 2020, 01:58:17 pm »

Wow cool Meph.

Okay I killed Webadict. I did sell my plasma bomb though.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 62