Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 62663 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Hunt Phase 2 is in progress
« Reply #540 on: December 03, 2020, 11:50:51 am »

What tech thing did you build?

A scanner/camera/recorder that can detect radio waves and other things. It's heavy :(

Can it detect psychic waveform mumbojumbo?

I don't think so. I got another message but it's really jumbled. Ghost players hate me <_<

Meph: If I can give items during hunt phase I give Jim my tookit.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 03, 2020, 12:12:02 pm »

A thought occurred to me that I could convert a mind shield from a barrier into an antenna and then the messages might come in clearer. To make that happen I need a tool kit, which I currently don't have.

Meph: Can we give items during the hunt phase?

You may, it just requires agreement from both people that they are going to meet up for the exchange. Which may, of course, effect or be effected by other actions happening during the phase.

The only major difference between the Hunt Phase and Truce Phase, mechanically, is that I figure out everything that happened in the Hunt Phase at the end rather than incrementally like I do with the Truce phase. And the shop, of course.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 03, 2020, 12:27:02 pm »

Keep getting more psychic messages, but I fear they are only decipherable to someone with a better reading ability. :D

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 03, 2020, 01:28:15 pm »

Why are you dorks acting like I'm the bloodthirsty one? I haven't killed anybody this game and only tried to do it during Night 1 when we knew less.
If you're being fully honest it makes me incredibly upset you got paid yesterday without "actually" killing somebody. I feel like you either commit to your actions to get paid or play it honest, not conveniently be honest and get paid.

Dead people are shouting MINES at me in all caps.
I knew the mines were important. We need a suit or something though right?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 03, 2020, 01:36:30 pm »

Wait for it to be revealed that there actually is oxygen in the mines.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 03, 2020, 04:01:20 pm »

Why are you dorks acting like I'm the bloodthirsty one? I haven't killed anybody this game and only tried to do it during Night 1 when we knew less.
If you're being fully honest it makes me incredibly upset you got paid yesterday without "actually" killing somebody. I feel like you either commit to your actions to get paid or play it honest, not conveniently be honest and get paid.

Why are you mad at me for playing the game Meph lets me play?

Why don't you try playing the game Meph lets you play instead of the game you were told to play, and see where that gets you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 03, 2020, 04:32:43 pm »

Trying to escape is an inherently dishonest action. Each attempt of ours breaks our sweet Roseheart's gentle bloodthirsty heart. If we are going to be cheaters anyway, might as well go all the way.

Also, this is Bastard mode. In a meta-perspective, Trickery is inherently what we signed up for. This isn't a meme game, in spite of what IceyTea said.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 03, 2020, 04:35:13 pm »

If you're still trying to play the game, then I would recommend stopping that. PM Meph and tell him you changed your mind. I promise you that you won't have any chance of winning that way.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 03, 2020, 05:04:49 pm »

Why are you mad at me for playing the game Meph lets me play?
I've been thinking about it. Some thoughts:
1. You most likely bought a replicator on this Truce Phase. The hacking tool you showed us is implied proof, but you did not show your used replicator which would be direct proof. I think this is probably true regardless, Caz seems to back this up with his own manufacturing today and I've worked with him.
2. How did you buy the replicator though? The Juicebox bounty right? You've admitted you were paid the bounty. That was a very lucky coincidence to work out that way. If you're being honest then you wouldn't have gotten paid normally and there's no way you could have hoped somebody would target Juicebox. Banking on people's hand outs the next day doesn't sound that great does it? The Night action I got from Meph is convincing, but it's flavor and I can't discern the absolute truth which is what's bothering me. I can't believe for the life of me that Jim Groovester is some lucky ass saint.
3. We don't know exactly what techs some of the dead people got on Day 1, things like Webadict's large tech. You're either still holding onto everything or mass-sold for the KOR, which may have added up to 500. This third point doesn't really matter honestly since lying that you got a bounty would be stupid.

Why don't you try playing the game Meph lets you play instead of the game you were told to play, and see where that gets you.
I plan to.

If you're still trying to play the game, then I would recommend stopping that. PM Meph and tell him you changed your mind. I promise you that you won't have any chance of winning that way.
I'm not targeting anybody tonight. I do plan on performing some actions though, which I'm not saying but you could probably figure out.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 03, 2020, 05:40:25 pm »

1. Jim sent me the used replicator for some reason. I'll have Meph show it in a moment.

2. The plan was to fake Juicebox's death. If it weren't for my mind-control and your attack he might have succeeded and gotten the bounty anyway.

3. I agree, I think it's about time someone claim what items juice and web have. Someone looted juicebox and they should fess up to it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 03, 2020, 05:45:14 pm »

2. How did you buy the replicator though? The Juicebox bounty right? You've admitted you were paid the bounty. That was a very lucky coincidence to work out that way. If you're being honest then you wouldn't have gotten paid normally and there's no way you could have hoped somebody would target Juicebox. Banking on people's hand outs the next day doesn't sound that great does it? The Night action I got from Meph is convincing, but it's flavor and I can't discern the absolute truth which is what's bothering me. I can't believe for the life of me that Jim Groovester is some lucky ass saint.

I agree that it is very lucky. But I am being honest because that's what happened.

Instead of making a bunch of supposition about the rules why don't you clarify with Meph if somebody who was only pretending to kill their bounty can collect it if the target ends up dead.

This will establish that what I'm saying is possible.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #551 on: December 03, 2020, 07:04:27 pm »

Jim is right. When you take a closer read of your bounty it's not saying "you must kill so and so to get 1000KOR" rather it's says "The death of so and so will get you 1000KOR. So you're not entirely restrain to the bounty you were given.

Anyways a message came through, and it told me to protect Jim. So I'll be doing exactly that. We need him next phase.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 03, 2020, 07:20:29 pm »

According to a PM conversation I had with Meph a while ago, you have to at least put effort into trying to kill the target (or pretend to). This rule mainly exists to prevent personal shields from causing too much confusion on a double-target.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 03, 2020, 07:23:45 pm »

I did ask Meph about how the bounties work on November 29th.

I can't quote him but he told me you need to be "instrumental to their death" to get the money like if you mind control someone or damaging their personal shield.

Pre-Post Edit:
According to a PM conversation I had with Meph a while ago, you have to at least put effort into trying to kill the target (or pretend to). This rule mainly exists to prevent personal shields from causing too much confusion on a double-target.
I can confirm some of this, he didn't say the "pretend to" part though...hmmmm.........

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 03, 2020, 07:32:34 pm »

1. Jim sent me the used replicator for some reason. I'll have Meph show it in a moment.
Good.

While we're at it:
@Meph: If your bounty is killed by someone else do you still get the KOR?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 62