Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 62270 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Hunt Phase 2 is in progress
« Reply #555 on: December 03, 2020, 07:36:41 pm »

1. Jim sent me the used replicator for some reason. I'll have Meph show it in a moment.
Good.

While we're at it:
@Meph: If your bounty is killed by someone else do you still get the KOR?

As long as your 'employers' think you put in a solid effort or assist to kill them, yes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 03, 2020, 07:44:19 pm »

@Heydude:
Why would Jim give you his used replicator? That was during the Truce Phase we just had right? We can't show each other stuff during the Hunt Phase it seems like, I forgot.

3. I agree, I think it's about time someone claim what items juice and web have. Someone looted juicebox and they should fess up to it.
Uuhh pretty sure Luckyowl said they saw Jim loot everybody so far, I could find the post if you like, it's at the start of the day when Webadict and Juicebox died. Did you forget or what?

As long as your 'employers' think you put in a solid effort or assist to kill them, yes.
Uuugggh that's not helpfuuul.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 03, 2020, 07:47:02 pm »

Sorry it was just Webadict he saw:
Jim Groovester: Jim Groovester. I just saw you ransanking Webadict's corspe. Could you explain what item you got from him.

His response implies he got Juicebox too:
I was going to loot anybody who died at the end of the phase.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 03, 2020, 07:49:03 pm »

From what I can tell, at the very least Jim has all the tech off of Tricmagic, Webadict, and likely Juicebox.

Sorry about the multiple posts.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 03, 2020, 07:54:41 pm »

1. Jim sent me the used replicator for some reason. I'll have Meph show it in a moment.
Good.

Unfortunately, Meph got back to me and told me that I couldn't show items until the end of the hunt phase.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 03, 2020, 07:55:11 pm »

Meph: Can somebody who was only pretending to kill their bounty collect it if the target ends up dead?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 03, 2020, 08:23:35 pm »

I heard the voices too, they are angry apparently. All I got was "listen" and "speak" (garbled)
Also I have a plan. Don't kill each other guys. We need Jim alive especially since he has the hacking tool.
Keep getting more psychic messages, but I fear they are only decipherable to someone with a better reading ability. :D
Anyways a message came through, and it told me to protect Jim. So I'll be doing exactly that. We need him next phase.

Why does this bother me so much? The amount of "hey turn off your psychic shield" baiting and "Jim is literally god" now I'm seeing from everyone but Shakerag is unnerving.

Check the life support room. I found it a while ago and showed Shakerag. It might be something we'll have to deal with at some point. Maybe even tonight.
Could you explain this please? I didn't have time to check.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 03, 2020, 08:36:52 pm »

Sorry it was just Webadict he saw:
Jim Groovester: Jim Groovester. I just saw you ransanking Webadict's corspe. Could you explain what item you got from him.

His response implies he got Juicebox too:
I was going to loot anybody who died at the end of the phase.

I successfully looted TricMagic, webadict, and IcyTea31. I absolutely made an attempt to loot 4maskwolf and juicebox but somebody else beat me to them.

IcyTea31 and TricMagic had Intel. I will leave webadict's large item, and everything else I looted, a secret.

@Heydude:
Why would Jim give you his used replicator? That was during the Truce Phase we just had right? We can't show each other stuff during the Hunt Phase it seems like, I forgot.

I didn't want to give my hacking tool away to confirm I had it, so I sent the used replicator to heydude6 to confirm that I could have made it. This was rendered moot by showing it off during the truce phase.

Uuugggh that's not helpfuuul.

juicebox was in on it so I was able to make a convincing attempt.

Alright dead chat I want you to confirm that I was trying to fake juicebox's death. I want you to do this by sending "111111" if I was or "222222" if I wasn't.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 03, 2020, 08:38:54 pm »

Alright dead chat I want you to confirm that I was trying to fake juicebox's death. I want you to do this by sending "111111" if I was or "222222" if I wasn't.

I told webadict about it ahead of the attempt and juicebox was in on it so if it is dead chat trying to send us messages they can confirm what I was trying to do.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 03, 2020, 08:54:18 pm »

I heard the voices too, they are angry apparently. All I got was "listen" and "speak" (garbled)
Also I have a plan. Don't kill each other guys. We need Jim alive especially since he has the hacking tool.
Keep getting more psychic messages, but I fear they are only decipherable to someone with a better reading ability. :D
Anyways a message came through, and it told me to protect Jim. So I'll be doing exactly that. We need him next phase.

Why does this bother me so much? The amount of "hey turn off your psychic shield" baiting and "Jim is literally god" now I'm seeing from everyone but Shakerag is unnerving.

He heard it too actually. I hope he PMs you about it so you can believe us. You can always turn it back on if it bothers you though.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 03, 2020, 08:59:49 pm »

Another question for the MOD:

@Meph: If somebody was targeted maliciously, but not lethally (such as conversion), can they collect their bounty if another player kills the target?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 04, 2020, 04:21:13 am »

Check the life support room. I found it a while ago and showed Shakerag. It might be something we'll have to deal with at some point. Maybe even tonight.
Could you explain this please? I didn't have time to check.

I mean he only needs to be alive if we don't want to waste 500kor on another replicator to make a hacking tool... but if we are trying to actually win this together then there's no point killing each other. You can make items out of the scrap around the station instead of buying stuff too. It's just... finicky.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 04, 2020, 04:22:07 am »

Jim is right. When you take a closer read of your bounty it's not saying "you must kill so and so to get 1000KOR" rather it's says "The death of so and so will get you 1000KOR. So you're not entirely restrain to the bounty you were given.

How come you are getting clear messages?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 04, 2020, 04:23:33 am »

(LuckyOwl is the medium in every game confirmed)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 04, 2020, 10:34:51 am »

Meph: Can somebody who was only pretending to kill their bounty collect it if the target ends up dead?

As long as your employers thought it was a real attempt, yes.

Another question for the MOD:

@Meph: If somebody was targeted maliciously, but not lethally (such as conversion), can they collect their bounty if another player kills the target?

Not sure what you mean by 'conversion'. But basically, it boils down to if they thought you tried to kill them, and they died, you get the bounty. If they don't think you tried to kill them, you don't. That's pretty much it.

Hunt Phase ends ~5pm Pacific Today. So, about 9 hours or so from now. Although I have everyone's actions so I'll probably end it early unless someone objects to that.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 62