Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 62390 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Day 1 Sounds the Alarm
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2020, 11:19:42 pm »

not thinking.

I will dispute that. The point of the no-lynch is to determine if there is a team of dopplegangers (possibly exterminator-dopplegangers) who are trying to work against us. Your plan is a good one, but there is no reason why we can't try it on day 2.

The pod did say there were 3 dopplegangers, and I believe that's worth looking into (ie. thinking about) before we try something as drastic as mass suicide.

My green vote goes to 4maskwolf btw.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2020, 12:22:24 am »

Your plan is a good one, but there is no reason why we can't try it on day 2.

Doppelgangers can no kill for two nights.

Quote from: The Rules
The Doppelgangers may choose to skip their night kill. They may only do this twice in a row before their bloodlust forces them to kill.

If the dopps took advantage of this and assuming it wasn't interrupted somehow, we'd find out about a dopp nightkill on Day 4, which is a long way away.

I expect there are more efficient methods to determine whether there are doppelgangers than that.

I'm not okay with No Lynching, because that means we're not thinking. I'm planning to give all my tech to the person with the most green votes, and if you choose not to, you should absolutely be voted out.

Are you willing to share what your plan is? I gather it will involve all of us dying and that it involves these green people and this tidbit I'm quoting, but you haven't explained what you're proposing yet.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2020, 12:36:04 am »

I was curious and clarified with Meph. Combat Camouflage can conceal the dopp kill.

Waiting to see if there's a dopp kill is a non-starter as a plan.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2020, 01:47:13 am »

Your plan is a good one, but there is no reason why we can't try it on day 2.

Doppelgangers can no kill for two nights.

Quote from: The Rules
The Doppelgangers may choose to skip their night kill. They may only do this twice in a row before their bloodlust forces them to kill.

If the dopps took advantage of this and assuming it wasn't interrupted somehow, we'd find out about a dopp nightkill on Day 4, which is a long way away.

I expect there are more efficient methods to determine whether there are doppelgangers than that.

I'm not okay with No Lynching, because that means we're not thinking. I'm planning to give all my tech to the person with the most green votes, and if you choose not to, you should absolutely be voted out.

Are you willing to share what your plan is? I gather it will involve all of us dying and that it involves these green people and this tidbit I'm quoting, but you haven't explained what you're proposing yet.
Is your entire goal to WIFOM the Town?

My plan is to give all of our Tech to the chosen player, and then hope they can kill everyone for me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2020, 01:55:43 am »

not thinking.

I will dispute that. The point of the no-lynch is to determine if there is a team of dopplegangers (possibly exterminator-dopplegangers) who are trying to work against us. Your plan is a good one, but there is no reason why we can't try it on day 2.

The pod did say there were 3 dopplegangers, and I believe that's worth looking into (ie. thinking about) before we try something as drastic as mass suicide.

It doesn't say there are 3 Dopps. It says there are 3 pods. That would typically indicate 3 Dopps, but this is a Bastard game. The bastardry is that Meph is hinting that there are 3 Dopps, but really, that's a lie, based on the assumption that pods = Dopps. But, that's not true. And that's why I believe 4maskwolf, and will be giving everything to him, because I know that's simply my only way to win.

Simple as that.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2020, 02:13:01 am »

If we are going to do the plan, I think it's important to ask Meph if Trading happens before the night action or afterwards. If web hypothetically gives 4maskwolf an anti-tech field, and someone else uses a stun bomb, will the stun bomb take precedence or the trade?

Ninjaed

not thinking.

It doesn't say there are 3 Dopps. It says there are 3 pods. That would typically indicate 3 Dopps, but this is a Bastard game. The bastardry is that Meph is hinting that there are 3 Dopps, but really, that's a lie, based on the assumption that pods = Dopps. But, that's not true. And that's why I believe 4maskwolf, and will be giving everything to him, because I know that's simply my only way to win.

Simple as that.

The bastardry could also be that you guys got bad intel. Honestly, in a game about lying to players, an item that promises such a massive amount of information would be the first thing I would be suspicious of. Don't you think it's strange that we've "figured out" the gimmick in less than 24 hours?

There's no doubt that there's a lot of exterminators here, but that doesn't mean everybody is one. The intel could have very easily lied, and the non 'termies could easily fake-claim to cover their ass.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2020, 02:21:37 am »

I still think that if we won't lynch a player, we should lynch Meph.

If those green votes are for whom I'd trust in a prisoner's dilemma and not necessarily just wuba's plan, those would be Luckyowl and TricMagic, in that order. I know TricMagic is a surprising choice due to our highly different ways of thinking, but I fully expect him to be open about his intentions if I ask the right questions.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2020, 02:59:46 am »

How about I force the issue, then.

Meph, it's clobbering time.

I'm choosing 4maskwolf. I have given him a Plasma Bomb. You will know this is true because I will be dead shortly.

Toodles. I trust you all will make the right decision, but the only way for you to trust me is to die.

Don't trust the flip. I am an Ex. Meph will like show I am a Dopp, but I have just Assassinated myself.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2020, 03:01:42 am »

I'll make deadchat comfortable for you guys!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2020, 03:03:20 am »

Neato. I'll be the only player to assassinate themself with an Assassin Bot. Funny.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2020, 03:11:48 am »

... Anyone wanna give me a eulogy while we wait. Talk about the good times, like that one time I assassinated ToonyMan Day 1 with an Assassin Bot and this is sort of a replay of that scene, but with an ironic twist?

My god, I've always been a murderer... Will these spots ever come out, or will I be trapped within my own Inverness for all tome? Time has no more meaning when you look Death in the face.

How do I believe? Because I have no choice. I never did. You see only the mistrust in others. But I see the truth. And soon, I hope you will, too.

Be well, friends. I am the sacrifice that brings us together. Lock the door behind me. I fear not Cerberus nor Hades. Take my hand in spirit and let us ferry to the afterlife together.

Fare. Thee. Well.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2020, 03:23:07 am »

I don't even get to post and webadict kills himself. Oh well.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2020, 03:48:30 am »

He’s not dead yet. Not till Meph says so at least.

Anyway, you can’t give 4maskwolf a plasmabomb and assasinate yourself at the same time. You need to at least survive until night to do the trade, and the plasmabomb and daykilling assasin droid are mutually exclusive since they’re both large techs.

Regardless though, since you’re so willing to kill yourself prematurely, clearly you acknowledge the fact that the deaths do not have to be simultaneous for a mutual victory.

Webadict, with this in mind, I think what you are proposing is drastic and should not be the first thing we try. We can always try MAD during later days when there are less players and therefore less potential survivors. For the first day though, I think we should keep trying to find less suicidal solutions. Jim says there should be more efficient methods of checking the existence of dops and I want you to help us figure them out rather than trying to kill us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2020, 03:50:16 am »

@Maphansteras:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So are you going by Maph in this game?

@Webadict:
Anyway, ToonyMan, wanna do that thing where we waste time trying to decipher the hidden meaning behind all the things we say?
Besides the fact you're probably dead already, I think the hidden meaning in the game text will be useful. My wild guess is going to be hidden win conditions.

@Jim:
ToonyMan, you were in the previous two Bastard Paranormals and since they were ten and eight years ago I'm sure you have a perfect recollection of them. What clues about the bastardness of this game might those two games suggest?
I don't remember the details anymore. I should read them again for fun (and clues??). From my vague recollection we're going to be facing something that hasn't appeared in a Paranormal before and the actual game is going to be figuring out what exactly that is, and also winning, winning is good. Killing yourself and leaving it in the hands of everyone else less than 12 hours into the game, not good.

@IcyTea31:
What do you find important about psychics?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2020, 04:13:36 am »

Glancing over the past two games:

In Bastard Paranormal 1:
I was a Spore Spreader and didn't understand my role so I lost after surviving the game and not getting Zathras. I think everybody lost in that game except Zathras who kept his true identity as a dopp a secret. The town hunted dopps the entire game and still lost because they were fake. We were being misled by the mod.

In Bastard Paranormal 2:
I was a Tough Doppelganger, most people wanted to either escape the spaceship or have at least one person escape the spaceship. The "mafia" team was two traitors who didn't know who the other was and were trying to prevent everyone from escaping on the spaceship. Town almost won but IronyOwl and Jim resonated with each other and secured their traitor victory.

That does mean I have a stellar 0-2 win record so far, but I'm here to change that around!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 62