Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 61477 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Day 1 Sounds the Alarm
« Reply #135 on: November 21, 2020, 12:01:10 pm »

LuckyOwl You aren't the only person to have had that thought. The reason why I don't put much stock into it though is because that would be too simple for a bastard game. In bastard games,you have to throw away primitive tools like Ockham's razor here.

Bastard games require such lopsided thinking that sobriety is necessary to not fall over.

I am quoting out of context, but I fully agree with the sentiment. You can read the full quote in Shakerag's previous post.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2020, 12:09:51 pm »

All: Who is excited?

I am very excited.

TricMagic, Luckyowl, heydude6, juicebox, IcyTea31: I don't know anything about any of you so tell me what I should think about you and why I should believe your own self assessment.

ToonyMan, you were in the previous two Bastard Paranormals and since they were ten and eight years ago I'm sure you have a perfect recollection of them. What clues about the bastardness of this game might those two games suggest?

Also, been a while, nice to see you again, etc. etc.

Shakerag, you were also in the last Bastard Paranormal. wtf is going on? Also stop working and play mafia.

I am also very excited.

What do I say about myself? You should think about me as someone who enjoys playing mafia and is looking for a fun experience no matter the role. In this particular session, you should think of me as a town player who wants to find scum and lynch them. And why should you believe my self assessment? Well if you look at the way I play the game, you will see all the evidence you need.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2020, 12:13:21 pm »

Right now my scumlist is Heydude and 4mask. No Lynching and allowing Dopps anywhere from 3 to 6 kills? 9 if they have both bots.

It should also be noted it may be possible Dopps don't know who each other are, so.. Lynching is still the best tool

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2020, 12:17:25 pm »

I was going to sleep a night before making an opening post, but insomnia struck. Here's something to mull over:

Everyone: Show off your psychic abilities: what number am I thinking of?

Caz: What's your plan for this game?
TricMagic: What did you mean by "prove me wrong"?
4maskwolf: What information do you expect to receive from reactions to your claim?
Shakerag: True or false? Bastard games require such lopsided thinking that sobriety is necessary to not fall over.
Luckyowl: If you were scum, which player would you most like to be scumbuddies with?
webadict: I see what you're doing. I tried that strategy in the Champs, and it didn't work for me. What do you plan to do differently?
heydude6: Which player are you most afraid of?
juicebox: How are you going to deal with the bastardry of this game?
Toonyman: Why am I not asking you a question?
Mephansteras: Is this one of those games where we win by lynching the mod?

Excitement is for people who sleep.

TricMagic, Luckyowl, heydude6, juicebox, IcyTea31: I don't know anything about any of you so tell me what I should think about you and why I should believe your own self assessment.
You should wholly ignore all of my posts so that you won't notice you've been caught before the rope is around your neck. And no, you shouldn't believe me. Belief is for when you don't know for sure. And you know all about who's town and who's scum, don't you?

It depends on what said bastardry is. Until I have a clearer view of what the setup is and what tricks meph has up his sleeve for us, I'll just treat this like a regular mafia game.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2020, 12:18:01 pm »

I was going to sleep a night before making an opening post, but insomnia struck. Here's something to mull over:

Everyone: Show off your psychic abilities: what number am I thinking of?

Caz: What's your plan for this game?
TricMagic: What did you mean by "prove me wrong"?
4maskwolf: What information do you expect to receive from reactions to your claim?
Shakerag: True or false? Bastard games require such lopsided thinking that sobriety is necessary to not fall over.
Luckyowl: If you were scum, which player would you most like to be scumbuddies with?
webadict: I see what you're doing. I tried that strategy in the Champs, and it didn't work for me. What do you plan to do differently?
heydude6: Which player are you most afraid of?
juicebox: How are you going to deal with the bastardry of this game?
Toonyman: Why am I not asking you a question?
Mephansteras: Is this one of those games where we win by lynching the mod?

Excitement is for people who sleep.

You should wholly ignore all of my posts so that you won't notice you've been caught before the rope is around your neck. And no, you shouldn't believe me. Belief is for when you don't know for sure. And you know all about who's town and who's scum, don't you?

oops missed the top part. You're thinking of the number 42

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 21, 2020, 12:20:27 pm »

Is your entire goal to WIFOM the Town?

Thinking things through isn't WIFOMing the town.

I'm choosing 4maskwolf. I have given him a Plasma Bomb. You will know this is true because I will be dead shortly.

No you didn't.

Alien Tech can be passed between players as long as both players agree to the trade. This must be done via PM at Night. Tech can be used the night it is passed, but can only be used by one person per night (if it is a multi-use item).

Don't trust the flip. I am an Ex. Meph will like show I am a Dopp, but I have just Assassinated myself.

This is inconsistent with what you were saying yesterday about having to trusting available information since otherwise there'd be nothing to trust.

Also, I enjoy you accusing me of WIFOMing the town and then saying things like 'dont trust my dopp flip guys'. Not even being sarcastic. This is fun.

I'll take you at your word that you want to die and that you've already given your tech to 4maskwolf. From what I gather you've already accomplished your goal, and therefore when you die is inconsequential, so I'll help you die faster. webadict.

I'm still confused at why web is killing himself given that he even says that mod death flips aren't going to be reliable.

What do you think he's trying to do then?

Jim and Toonyman: did you guys arrive on the pods?

Negative. Did you?

Quote from: Jim Groovester
Also stop working and play mafia.
no u

I don't go back to work until the 30th!

What now, Shakerag!?

Day 3. Any hidden dops will have to kill this night, though I have no idea if a third night without a kill will starve them and thus win us the game regardless.

Day 3 will be our final no-Lynch shorten. No stun bombs this night, unless Meph confirms the starvation possibility. By the end of this night we will have proof of the existence of dops and thus we can focus on killing them rather than each other. As long as we keep shortening, it will not take much real-time. Most players should also still be alive which will hopefully give us the numbers to beat them.

Any problems with the plan?

Yes. I was thinking along these lines last night and sent some PMs to Meph.

Dopps will be compelled to kill after two nights of no kills, but they do not suffer a penalty if they are interrupted. I don't see a reason why a hypothetical dopp team couldn't block their own dopp kill in this scenario.

This is not a reliable plan to expose the existence of a dopp team.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 21, 2020, 12:33:46 pm »

I have not read the rules, it appears. I cannot give away my items and kill myself until tonight...

I see. Well then I will simply plasma bomb the player I least like.

Right now, it is Jim Groovester. How dare you WIFOM people into thinking I'm a crazed lunatic. Second up is TricMagic, for saying 4maskwolf is suspicious for pointing out how to win the game.

Like, all y'all are missing the obvious forest for fucking branches. The way everyone wins is by dying.

4maskwolf is also correct that I have a Mind Shield. Like, I don't understand why you guys are so afraid if so much matches. The bastardry in the setup was thinking there were 3 Dopps. We're all here to kill each other.

Your only other choice is to No Kill, but I plan to murder people tonight. So, I'm taking that option off the table.

Ok, I just had a disturbing thought. What if all 11 of us aren't the dopp? And maybe this is some sort of sick twisted form of Battle Royale?
Wow, I never thought of that!

LuckyOwl You aren't the only person to have had that thought. The reason why I don't put much stock into it though is because that would be too simple for a bastard game. In bastard games,you have to throw away primitive tools like Ockham's razor here.

Bastard games require such lopsided thinking that sobriety is necessary to not fall over.

I am quoting out of context, but I fully agree with the sentiment. You can read the full quote in Shakerag's previous post.
... Okay, heydude6. You can go now.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2020, 12:57:34 pm »

I like the plan to kill everyone at once, but at this point idk who I would actually trust. If I had to choose right now, I would say 4mask or Tric

Ok, I just had a disturbing thought. What if all 11 of us aren't the dopp? And maybe this is some sort of sick twisted form of Battle Royale?

I thought this was an Among Us parody, not a Fortnite parody.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2020, 12:58:57 pm »

Possible, but that's an awfully shallow twist for a Meph bastard game.  There's almost certainly more to it than just that.
This is a great point. This is outguessing the mod, but I don't think something that can be mechanically confirmed with a choice possible to make in the first minutes of the game (as some apparently did) can be the only twist. Wanna join the roseheart wagon?

It depends on what said bastardry is. Until I have a clearer view of what the setup is and what tricks meph has up his sleeve for us, I'll just treat this like a regular mafia game.
So you won't go out of your way to try to figure out the bastardry?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2020, 01:34:37 pm »

I'm all for thinking outside the box. But one should consider thinking inside the box. Sure the idea is 'simple' but the more you choose not to consider it the higher the chance to get caught off guard. two flaws most of us humans bare, is arrogant, and overthinking. That is what plague us. Maybe you're right, maybe this is more to it than what meets the eyes, but we don't know yet and as it stands it's best to start with a simple idea and when more information reveals itself we can steer to a more complex scenario. However this Day1 and all we have are unproven theories the best thing to do now is to vote for a No lynch day.

I like the plan to kill everyone at once, but at this point idk who I would actually trust. If I had to choose right now, I would say 4mask or Tric

I thought this was an Among Us parody, not a Fortnite parody.

I was thinking about the Japanese move Battle Royale, but sure it's possible it's a Fortnite parody in SPACE.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2020, 01:37:35 pm »

Right now my scumlist is Heydude and 4mask. No Lynching and allowing Dopps anywhere from 3 to 6 kills? 9 if they have both bots.

It should also be noted it may be possible Dopps don't know who each other are, so.. Lynching is still the best tool

You now have the dubious honor of being number 3 on my list Luckyowl. That's 3 scum/dopps voting to skip.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2020, 01:40:01 pm »

You now have the dubious honor of being number 3 on my list Luckyowl. That's 3 scum/dopps voting to skip.

It's fine, I'll prove my innocent when the night game comes around.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2020, 01:44:08 pm »

Possible, but that's an awfully shallow twist for a Meph bastard game.  There's almost certainly more to it than just that.
This is a great point. This is outguessing the mod, but I don't think something that can be mechanically confirmed with a choice possible to make in the first minutes of the game (as some apparently did) can be the only twist. Wanna join the roseheart wagon?

So you won't go out of your way to try to figure out the bastardry?
You should read the opening post. Bastard Paranormal is a game where you need to figure out how to win. We can win. We kill everyone. But, I think everyone is outguessing the outguess, by thinking it's not that simple.

Likely, the obvious twist is that we are in a Battle Royale situation: 11 people enter, 1 leaves. There are two ways to counteract that. The first is to kill no one. Frankly, I don't think that will be possible, and I aim to actively make it impossible, because if people can't accept the obvious premise of 11 Ex, then no way they'd accept not killing. The second is to kill everyone. I see this as an easier alternative, because I plan to buy holdout blasters and give them to 4maskwolf or shoot anyone that lynches me, and I plan to explode a plasma bomb on the person that most vehemently disagrees with the plan.

It's unfortunate that I can't implement plan 1, because it would likely prove the theory. So, plan 2 it will be.

It's fine, I'll prove my innocent when the night game comes around.
See, this is why I'd be okay trusting Luckyowl, but simultaneously against it, because I am always afraid that Lucky lives in our next door dimension.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2020, 01:55:45 pm »

Tric if I was a dop, why would I be one of the only few people advocating for a dop hunt? Most people are convinced that there are none and in such a situation, my best play would be to try to keep it that way if I was the enemy.

As a dop, I would have no fear of webadict's plan because I could just daykill the person he plans to give the tech to with an Advanced-Assasin droid 1 hour before the vote-deadline. There wouldn't be enough time to decide on another candidate.

Long-story short, I'm not a dop because I would be a bloody stupid one.

Webadict. Ultimately, the reason why I disagree your plan is because if there are dops, they can easily stop it. If there are no dops though, there's nothing stopping us from trying it in day 2 or 3 when we have more information. For some reason you are incredibly insistent on us pulling this off during night 1.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2020, 01:59:13 pm »

Webadict, let me try to ask you an earnest question. Why do you want to pull this plan off during Night 1?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 62