Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 61454 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Day 1 Sounds the Alarm
« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2020, 03:57:57 pm »

oh... wonderful

let us join the prayer circle of peace. how about it?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2020, 03:58:56 pm »

More to the point, though, at this point I don't see a convincing reason not to simply go for the "everybody dies" ending.  If there are people out there with contradictory wincons to that, then there's nothing I can do about it anyway, since the only way for SK-type Exterminators to have control of their destiny is to work together for a TPK.  If there are other mechanics in play then they better be revealed soon, with the setup as-is it's entirely possible for the game to end by D2 before anyone not in the know figures out what's going on.  People keep saying "don't try and outguess the mods" while trying to do exactly that, deciding that the setup they see in front of them is "too simple" and that there must be a bigger trick behind it without providing any actual evidence for there being a bigger trick.  And, quite frankly, I agree with webadict that anyone insisting there's something bigger going on is sus: while there's almost certainly a lot of Leafsnail-style paranoia in a lot of those claims, it also hints that those people might have knowledge beyond what's available to the SK-type Exterminators.
Exactly the correct mindset. You cannot find more information because there isn't a source to get it from except for Meph and each other. But, Meph doesn't have extra info. And I don't. So, killing each other is the right choice. But, all of my info says everyone needs to die, and that's the method I have to go on. It's really easy as pie to me.

I'm still confused at why web is killing himself given that he even says that mod death flips aren't going to be reliable.

What do you think he's trying to do then?

It's webadict. who the hell knows? there'll probably be some reveal about what he's doing 10 pages later after we're all dead and he's somehow secured victory.
Do I look like a man with a plan? I don't even have to plan everything here. That's the beauty of my plan. It relies on keeping someone else alive and then dying and waiting for those beautiful Zorkmids to come flowing in. I can't get everyone to win by being alive for exactly the reason you're saying: Everyone thinks I have thirteen plans up my sleeve. I don't. My plan is that I'm gonna bomb Jim Groovester if I don't get lynched, and if I do get lynched, I'm planning on shooting someone with my Hold-Out Blaster. People gotta die.

oh... wonderful

let us join the prayer circle of peace. how about it?
Can't do it. I'm killing people because I can't trust everyone not to kill.

Ironic.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2020, 04:05:48 pm »

at least even if i'm dead my fee will go back to my sick children on the habitation dome so they can pay for proper air filters.

you monsters

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2020, 04:06:30 pm »

Lynch Lynch Lynch

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2020, 04:07:42 pm »

at least even if i'm dead my fee will go back to my sick children on the habitation dome so they can pay for proper air filters.

you monsters
You think you're the only one here with children being held captive in a storage locker? They cost money to keep alive!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #170 on: November 21, 2020, 04:14:54 pm »

Roseheart is not a valid lynch target.

*lowers blaster helmet*

"Rolling!"
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 21, 2020, 05:30:53 pm »

More to the point, though, at this point I don't see a convincing reason not to simply go for the "everybody dies" ending.  If there are people out there with contradictory wincons to that, then there's nothing I can do about it anyway, since the only way for SK-type Exterminators to have control of their destiny is to work together for a TPK.  If there are other mechanics in play then they better be revealed soon, with the setup as-is it's entirely possible for the game to end by D2 before anyone not in the know figures out what's going on.  People keep saying "don't try and outguess the mods" while trying to do exactly that, deciding that the setup they see in front of them is "too simple" and that there must be a bigger trick behind it without providing any actual evidence for there being a bigger trick.  And, quite frankly, I agree with webadict that anyone insisting there's something bigger going on is sus: while there's almost certainly a lot of Leafsnail-style paranoia in a lot of those claims, it also hints that those people might have knowledge beyond what's available to the SK-type Exterminators.
I disagree with your last sentence only just because the last two bastard paranormal games had a significant twist to them, so I'm just extrapolating from previous data.
I agree with Shakerag over 4mask here, there's definitely a gimmick whether or not some people are lying. I think no-lynching is stupid, since even if we all want everyone dead it'll be easier with less people and if not everybody is in on the Exterminator joke then even better to lynch them out. Of course, being one of those last Exterminators makes your victory more guaranteed if somebody decides to be a dick.

on another note: what's the deal with the mind shields? if we are all apparently exterminators using tech only, what is the point of mind shield existing?
That's part of the joke of the game: since we're all exterminators, we got given the useless shield rather than the viable one so we could kill each other more easily.
Because it's funny. It also means somebody lying could fake-claim more safely.

@Players who want to no-lynch and stun bomb each night:
Hypothetically, who's going to do the stun bomb each night? Can you trust they will?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 21, 2020, 05:36:29 pm »

Put simply, we can't if three of them are dopps. This game seems built to end quickly, and had I not said anything there likely would have been a different discussion going on. To be honest, we also can't trust anyone after me that their Intel is actually something they have. They may just be faking it.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 21, 2020, 06:07:58 pm »

Hypothetically, who's going to do the stun bomb each night? Can you trust they will?

It has less variables than a plan that ensures everyone dies on the same night.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2020, 06:13:48 pm »

Once the Dopps are dead, planning things out won't be that difficult.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2020, 06:15:03 pm »

And if there's no doppelgangers because that was just a ruse to get 12 exerminators into the same arena?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2020, 06:23:33 pm »

Then we can start killing each other! We can still go for MAD later. The deaths do not have to be simultaneous.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2020, 06:25:02 pm »

It has less variables than a plan that ensures everyone dies on the same night.
Less players = less variables too.

And if there's no doppelgangers because that was just a ruse to get 12 exerminators into the same arena?
How do we win if nobody dies? Don't you want to avoid kills to prove the dopps exist in the first place?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2020, 06:36:30 pm »

How do we win if nobody dies?

Dunno yet. This has been billed as a game where you have to 'figure out how to win', but we're all accepting that we got told how to win already in our role PM?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2020, 06:42:35 pm »

How do we win if nobody dies?

Dunno yet. This has been billed as a game where you have to 'figure out how to win', but we're all accepting that we got told how to win already in our role PM?
And the alternative? That we ignore our role PMs?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 62