Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 63751 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Truce Phase 3 didn't get good ratings last night
« Reply #675 on: December 07, 2020, 05:12:00 pm »

Caz, you should just answer it. The longer you choose not to. The closer we'll devolve into chaos.  Reading previous posts you said you bought a shield. So we know you most likely have one(or had one if you decided to discard it I guess) so why are you choosing to stay silence on the matter?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 07, 2020, 05:17:03 pm »

Caz I want to buy a replicator to get space suits for people I don't want to waste my time having to buy an orb and stun you because you won't cooperate.

I had barely enough time to buy a Replicator as well.

Does the phrase 'rocket skates' mean nothing to you guys?!

Did you modify the mind shields I gave you?

Hopefully you didn't spend your truce phase making rocket skates instead.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 07, 2020, 05:25:04 pm »

Shakerag has my money btw. You may want to ask him to fund some of your adventures.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 07, 2020, 08:12:06 pm »

The announcement of the end of the Truce Phase is broadcast across the station and the shop droid closes back up into the wall.

"All right! Enough of these games. If you want to get out of here with a nice fat bank account, and your life, you're going to start collecting on those bounties! Any more nonsense and we're going to have to end things in a less...friendly manner."

The Hunt Phase has begun. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Wednesday.

Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 08, 2020, 01:26:29 pm »

Caz I want to buy a replicator to get space suits for people I don't want to waste my time having to buy an orb and stun you because you won't cooperate.

I had barely enough time to buy a Replicator as well.

Does the phrase 'rocket skates' mean nothing to you guys?!

Did you modify the mind shields I gave you?

Hopefully you didn't spend your truce phase making rocket skates instead.

One of them to the psychic scanner, I need another tool to modify the other one as it used up materials apparently.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 08, 2020, 01:27:40 pm »

Also, I detected no psychic signals in the hangar.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 08, 2020, 01:50:56 pm »

Tomorrow is probably our deadline if no one dies tonight. Over and out.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 08, 2020, 01:55:20 pm »

Who's in on assaulting the hangar with me?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 08, 2020, 02:31:34 pm »

I got another message from the dead. After sometime deciphering this is what I got.

"ToonyMan's paranoia is getting in the way of figuring a way out before everbody dies. "  Meph is probably gonna make it harder to decipher the next time I ask a question from the dead. But I think this message is a good piece of advice for ToonyMan.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 08, 2020, 03:14:10 pm »

I got another message from the dead. After sometime deciphering this is what I got.
"ToonyMan's paranoia is getting in the way of figuring a way out before everbody dies. "  Meph is probably gonna make it harder to decipher the next time I ask a question from the dead. But I think this message is a good piece of advice for ToonyMan.
I mean I want to play mafia, but I don't think there's an antagonistic faction among us. In my opinion it would be interesting if one or two people were working with the company to make it exciting or something, but I'm not seeing it. Nobody tried to kill yesterday (except maybe Caz who is being a complete ass and not responding to me), and I was only targeted because of my own actions. At this point if I tried to play coy it would be 5 vs 1 and I would lose, meanwhile attempting to escape with my fellow innocents and killers has a higher chance of success. I would be totally down for throwing paranoia everywhere if this was standard mafia and hidden wincons didn't exist.

Who's in on assaulting the hangar with me?
Me, me! If anybody needs suits let me know.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 08, 2020, 06:00:30 pm »

I'm interested, but I still think we need to figure out the transport issue. I think it will be as simple as hiring a space taxi to pick us up once our work is done, but that still needs KOR. I gave mine to Shakerag, but if someone else can call it (or give me 500), then I think we will have everything we need.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 08, 2020, 08:02:07 pm »

My rough plan to assault the hangar is to rig maintenance droids with stun bombs and plasma bombs and ambush the guard patrols when the patrol ships are at their furthest away from the station. A stun bomb should knock everybody out in the hangar station but there'll be a spare for when we break into the hangar station proper. Plasma bombs will take out the anti-craft turrets. If two turrets are knocked out, then we can force entry with the mining pod by 'mining' an entrance into the blind side of the hangar if we don't find some other method of entry.

I want two people to go to the plasma bomb rigged up in the life support system and commune with webadict and the dead about how to safely disarm it so that we can use it in the assault.

I want somebody to take my hacking tool to go round up maintenance droids we can rig the plasma and stun bombs to. Also just to be dummies for the guards to shoot at.

If the guards don't have anti tech fields then with the abundance of alien tech we currently have assaulting the station should, in theory, be trivial, but it could devolve into a shoot out and that's where having more Exterminators in space suits would help.

So if you have an anti-tech field but don't have a space suit, speak up so that ToonyMan or I can replicate you one. If you don't have an anti-tech field, then you're not going to be able to be much help during the assault.

We'll stage for the assault just inside the vacuum part of mining ops.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 08, 2020, 08:15:00 pm »

ToonyMan could you help me out with a space suit?

My rough plan to assault the hangar is to rig maintenance droids with stun bombs and plasma bombs and ambush the guard patrols when the patrol ships are at their furthest away from the station. A stun bomb should knock everybody out in the hangar station but there'll be a spare for when we break into the hangar station proper. Plasma bombs will take out the anti-craft turrets. If two turrets are knocked out, then we can force entry with the mining pod by 'mining' an entrance into the blind side of the hangar if we don't find some other method of entry.

I want two people to go to the plasma bomb rigged up in the life support system and commune with webadict and the dead about how to safely disarm it so that we can use it in the assault.

I want somebody to take my hacking tool to go round up maintenance droids we can rig the plasma and stun bombs to. Also just to be dummies for the guards to shoot at.

If the guards don't have anti tech fields then with the abundance of alien tech we currently have assaulting the station should, in theory, be trivial, but it could devolve into a shoot out and that's where having more Exterminators in space suits would help.

So if you have an anti-tech field but don't have a space suit, speak up so that ToonyMan or I can replicate you one. If you don't have an anti-tech field, then you're not going to be able to be much help during the assault.

We'll stage for the assault just inside the vacuum part of mining ops.

I can round up the maintenance droids if you want me to. But I'm up for any task  you choose to give me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 08, 2020, 09:04:40 pm »

ToonyMan could you help me out with a space suit?
Okay, I'll see if I can give you a suit during the hunt phase. Make sure you're expecting me tonight.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 08, 2020, 09:06:37 pm »

It is the Hunt Phase. Meph just forgot to change the title
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 62