Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Mamobo Discussion/Testing/Suggestions/Complaints Thread [Now with ProgressMeter]  (Read 25426 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just here to verify that I got the PM.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile

Debug Mode Active:
Starting Post: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177520.0
Ending Post: None
Number of Pages Parsed: 3
Number of Posts Parsed: 121

Settings:
Auto-Add Players: True
Source: Source.PRIVATE_MESSAGE
Source User: webadict

Mamobo is missing protocols :(

Vote Count
------------------------
Caz (Vote Text: ᴛʀɪᴄᴍᴀɢɪᴄ) -
FallacyofUrist (Vote Text: webadict webadict) -
hector13 (Vote Text: hector12) - hector13*,
heydude6 (Vote Text: Unvote webadict Unvote) -
IcyTea31 (Vote Text: PTW) -
KitRougard (Vote Text: KitRougard) - KitRougard*,
Nirur Torir (Vote Text: Toaster) - webadict*,
notquitethere -
roseheart (Vote Text: Adorbs) -
Shakerag (Vote Text: Jim Groovester) -
Toaster (Vote Text: Mamobo) - Nirur Torir*,
ToonyMan -
TricMagic (Vote Text: Goodnight Webadict. I'll be up tomorrow and probably see many pages.What bugs does the bug say, what colors?) -
webadict (Vote Text: webadict Nirur Torir) (Number of Votes: 2) - webadict*, FallacyofUrist*,
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 9 - Caz*, Shakerag*, roseheart*, TricMagic*, IcyTea31*, heydude6*, notquitethere, Toaster*, ToonyMan,

8 to Hammer.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Goodnight Mamobo. Sweet dreams of electric sheep.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Source: Source.PRIVATE_MESSAGE
Okay, I think it can now partially read PMs, but it won't accept anything from anyone except me at the moment, since that could be... well, really annoying. I'll have to code in limitations on things before I remove that limitation...

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool. Nice to see your progress.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

webadict'); DROP TABLE Players;--
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Haha oh fuck

Why would you do that
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Posting to get replies & also maybe test some stuff, who knows.

TolyK
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile

This is just another test! Please ignore.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not that anyone cared, but I have improved the matching function by a factor of ~20.

Heck, I might not even need aliases anymore, I'm gonna see what happens when I remove them!

...Okay, just checked, and apparently, voting for Jim made the system think it was voting for Max instead...  Maybe I need a better function, since I'm using a Damerau-Levenshtein distance calculation which is fine as a way to determine small mistakes on a grand scale, but works terrible for matching names and nicknames on a very small scale due to the way that error calculations become harder to identify at larger errors (This is a lot of really cool mathematics, but it's screwing me over big time!)

Shit, I'm going to end up creating a new distance formula and doing the equivalent work of a master thesis on making a functioning edit distance formula if I continue working on this.  Once you start reading other people's papers on algorithms, you've gone too far for a stupid bot.

Whatever, I'll keep the nicknames in for now, and we'll work with what we've got.

In other news, I'm working on some additional functionality that might help other moderators!  We'll see how far I can get.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Not that anyone cared, but I have improved the matching function by a factor of ~20.

Heck, I might not even need aliases anymore, I'm gonna see what happens when I remove them!

Nice!

...Okay, just checked, and apparently, voting for Jim made the system think it was voting for Max instead...

Oh.

Well, you did your best, and in the end that's all that matters.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Will this be the game that makes Mamobo sentient?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice!

...Okay, just checked, and apparently, voting for Jim made the system think it was voting for Max instead...

Oh.

Well, you did your best, and in the end that's all that matters.
Well, in a way, it was due to a bug, but I can explain how it showed a potential issue anyway.

In simple terms, trying to figure out who "Jim" refers to right now uses a simple counting algorithm.  It goes, "Jim Groovester"? Why, that's correct at 3/14 ("[Jim] Groovester"). But, let's invent a fake player named "Maxim".  It looks at that and goes, "Oh, obviously, that's correct at 2/5 (Max[im])!  Well, 40% is a lot higher than 21.4%, so it'll assume that Jim really means Maxim.  Or Maximum, since that's 2/8 (25%). Heck, something like Pip would make it think it's a 33% match, when that's not really close.

But, the algorithm is really being used for something it was never meant to do, which is to factor in small spelling errors.  Trying to understand nicknames is just out of its scope.  Making an entirely new algorithm is the only way to make it better identify nicknames on its own without having to manually enter them.

But, that's okay. I've just added some of the tougher ones for the bot to do so that you can do silly things that players do and it'll try its hardest to figure out what you meant.  In fact, with the changes, voting things like "I'm gonna vote Jim to the moon" now more accurately matches than just voting Jim used to (because I was implementing the algorithm in a reeeeeally bad way before).

Anyway, I'm tired and going to bed.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Honestly, I would have gone with just quoting unclear votes and asking the player to vote better. :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Honestly, I would have gone with just quoting unclear votes and asking the player to vote better. :P
But therein lies the challenge and an advancement in technology and understanding.  I didn't have to make a bot that reads votes for me, but the problem posed itself in front of me and taunted me.  It wanted to be solved by merely existing!  HAHAHAHAHA!

So, if I get around to it, I might make it, idk.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]