Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Mamobo Discussion/Testing/Suggestions/Complaints Thread [Now with ProgressMeter]  (Read 25043 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Commas DON'T make it easier specifically because commas are an available character in usernames. Splitting by spaces is definitely 10 times easier specifically because a username cannot start or end on a space, and I could go with the method of checking by concatenation, except that this fails in some situations.

If a name is unable to be matched, is the goal to simply drop each piece until a Player is found? For instance, I misspell The Phantom Librarian as The Phantom Library, which fails my matching function, but then the concatenation continues. The potential fix for this is to start dropping the first item in the array and try again, which could create a large wait as the bot attempts to find each instance. That means the first player voted wouldn't be matched up, and in the case of long strings with multiple spaces, it could be potentially computation heavy. I'd probably fail it at a certain point.

In your case, Fallacy, if the player had one vote, it'd end up only voting for The Phantom Librarian, which I think works fine.

heydude6, voting for anything other than a player's name or nickname automatically counts as an unvote. Right now, this works out fairly well, since most people start a post with Unvote. And then type a bit and then vote for a New Player. This works with Mamobo because Mamobo specifically looks at only the last instance of red text in a post (which is why having multiple instances would require a change). If we allow ONLY votes in a row and splitting by spaces, I can make it work, but I'd need to write a decent checking function, and hopefully we never come across someone with a name like webadict two...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 09:12:08 pm by webadict »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

I don't believe line breaks can be included in usernames, so how about that as the separator? If you do that, you can also solve points 2 and 3 by requiring players to post their votes on their own lines separate from the rest of the post as well.

e.g.

You're scum because of X and Y,
Alice
Alice
and Bob and Charlie are your buddies.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm thinking, you could ask Toady to give Mamobo moderator permissions. Then it would be able to lock any approved thread once we reached enough votes for a hammer or shorten.

You should only try this once it's closer to completion though.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

I'm thinking, you could ask Toady to give Mamobo moderator permissions. Then it would be able to lock any approved thread once we reached enough votes for a hammer or shorten.
That would equate giving webadict moderator permissions. Probably better to just have Mamobo create the thread so it can lock it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Congratulations on notquitethere for their work in finding a bug by CAPITALIZING THE COLOR TAG. Simply astounding.
Anytime webadict

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Congratulations on notquitethere for their work in finding a bug by CAPITALIZING THE COLOR TAG. Simply astounding.
Anytime webadict
Won't read that, and I'm okay with it.

webadict
Nirur Torir
webadict Nirur Torir

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile

Debug Mode Active:
Starting Post: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177520.0
Ending Post: None
Number of Pages Parsed: 4
Number of Posts Parsed: 133

Settings:
Auto-Add Players: True
Source: Source.CONSOLE

Mamabo is hungry again -_-'!

Vote Count
------------------------
Caz (Vote Text: ᴛʀɪᴄᴍᴀɢɪᴄ) -
FallacyofUrist (Vote Text: The Phantom Librarian 5facecat) -
hector13 -
heydude6 (Vote Text: Unvote) -
IcyTea31 (Vote Text: PTW) -
KitRougard -
Mamobo -
notquitethere -
roseheart (Vote Text: Adorbs) -
Shakerag (Vote Text: Jim Groovester) -
TricMagic (Vote Text: Goodnight Webadict. I'll be up tomorrow and probably see many pages.What bugs does the bug say, what colors?) -
webadict (Vote Text: webadict Nirur Torir) -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 12 - webadict*, Caz*, Shakerag*, roseheart*, TricMagic*, hector13, KitRougard, Mamobo, IcyTea31*, heydude6*, FallacyofUrist*, notquitethere,

7 to Hammer. Day ends on January 26, 2021 at 02:00 CST (-17 hours and -1 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Nirur Webadict Torir
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So how exactly did you make Mamobo handle the double votes during the BYOR 15? You were talking about having trouble making double votes work, but they were working in our BYOR. You even allowed Mamobo to handle stolen votes during Excalibur shenanigans.

Feature Suggestions
Are you planning on implementing functionality for secret votes? Possibly sent through PM, or at least the moderator's PM?

What have you thought about adding vote weights, like when Leafsnail's vote counted for double in Vector's princess mafia? That may not be necessary if the weights are a secret, but it probably would be important for hammer detection.

In order to give Mamobo a bit more flexibility, is it possible to make it perform a vanilla vote count and have it send it to the moderator as a PM? That way, the moderator can add in whatever voting shenanigans they dream of that the code doesn't account for, and then post the modified votecount themselves. Seems better than coding a special case every possible idea a crackhead can think of. Some special cases like double votes and stolen votes should be part of the default package, but you shouldn't account for everything.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also.

Icytea31

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

webadict webadict  :P

Interesting that Mamobo itself is shown as not voting.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So how exactly did you make Mamobo handle the double votes during the BYOR 15? You were talking about having trouble making double votes work, but they were working in our BYOR. You even allowed Mamobo to handle stolen votes during Excalibur shenanigans.
Easy: It didn't. I just hand-did them using Mamobo.

Feature Suggestions
Are you planning on implementing functionality for secret votes? Possibly sent through PM, or at least the moderator's PM?

What have you thought about adding vote weights, like when Leafsnail's vote counted for double in Vector's princess mafia? That may not be necessary if the weights are a secret, but it probably would be important for hammer detection.

In order to give Mamobo a bit more flexibility, is it possible to make it perform a vanilla vote count and have it send it to the moderator as a PM? That way, the moderator can add in whatever voting shenanigans they dream of that the code doesn't account for, and then post the modified votecount themselves. Seems better than coding a special case every possible idea a crackhead can think of. Some special cases like double votes and stolen votes should be part of the default package, but you shouldn't account for everything.
Not impossible, but definitely a low priority feature. I would likely add it some time further from now, but if you just want it to send to the moderator, that's very possible.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

if you just want it to send to the moderator, that's very possible.

I think it's a good stop-gap while we wait for the rest of the features to get developed. It means every game can get some benefit from Mamobo at least, while in it's current state, some games can't use it.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile

Debug Mode Active:
Starting Post: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177520.0
Ending Post: None
Number of Pages Parsed: 5
Number of Posts Parsed: 140

Settings:
Auto-Add Players: True
Source: Source.CONSOLE

Mamobo thinks Robosaurus Rex is cooler than Terrordactyl!

Vote Count
------------------------
Caz (Vote Text: ᴛʀɪᴄᴍᴀɢɪᴄ) -
FallacyofUrist (Vote Text: webadict webadict) -
hector13 -
heydude6 (Vote Text: Icytea31) -
IcyTea31 (Vote Text: PTW) - heydude6*,
KitRougard -
Mamobo -
Nirur Torir -
notquitethere -
roseheart (Vote Text: Adorbs) -
Shakerag (Vote Text: Jim Groovester) -
Toaster (Vote Text: Nirur Webadict Torir) -
TricMagic (Vote Text: Goodnight Webadict. I'll be up tomorrow and probably see many pages.What bugs does the bug say, what colors?) -
webadict - FallacyofUrist*,
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 12 - webadict, Caz*, Shakerag*, roseheart*, TricMagic*, hector13, KitRougard, Mamobo, Nirur Torir, IcyTea31*, notquitethere, Toaster*,

8 to Hammer.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, that broke it, didn't it?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9