Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Mamobo Discussion/Testing/Suggestions/Complaints Thread [Now with ProgressMeter]  (Read 25494 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

ᴛʀɪᴄᴍᴀɢɪᴄ

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

PTW
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Looking at tall buildings and feeling small
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

GhostMagic Tricks Rabbit
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GhostMagic Tricks Rabbit
You called for a ghostrick rabbit?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Looking at tall buildings and feeling small
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

Adorbs
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Congratulations on notquitethere for their work in finding a bug by CAPITALIZING THE COLOR TAG. Simply astounding.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Goodnight Webadict. I'll be up tomorrow and probably see many pages.What bugs does the bug say, what colors?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Make Mamobo automatically detect hammers.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Make Mamobo automatically detect hammers.
Honestly a pretty easy change.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you think the follow-up to the hammer should be handled? Having it lock the thread or something like that?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you think the follow-up to the hammer should be handled? Having it lock the thread or something like that?
It can't lock threads that it's not the owner of unless it has moderation powers. The only thing it can do is post a notification, which is hopefully enough. Plus, there will always be a time delay on it anyway, so whatcha gonna do?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It can't lock threads that it's not the owner of unless it has moderation powers. The only thing it can do is post a notification, which is hopefully enough. Plus, there will always be a time delay on it anyway, so whatcha gonna do?
However, I have tested its ability to lock threads, and that is possible, so if it ran faster games by itself, it could lock threads on hammer.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, who's got ideas on how double/multi votes should work?

Here's my thoughts:
Point 1: Usernames can contain spaces, which is the usual method for someone to type in multiple votes. Additionally, numerous punctuation marks are able to be used in a username (commas, whatever the long bars are called, etc.) This makes splitting these really only viable with quotation marks (single or double). E.g. "webadict" 'webadict'. A bonus to this would be that it makes it obvious that a double vote is being used.
Point 2: If a Player has additional votes, should a player be able to use two different names split throughout the post? E.g. webadict |anything here| webadict. This means that each post would necessarily need to store each red text that happens. Not that difficult, but if a player votes for three people and has two votes, which ones are chosen? The first two? The last two? Should this be allowed?
Point 3: We could circumvent this entirely by forcing people to type a command phrase before each vote in a multivote, such as vote webadict vote webadict. It does get a little unwieldy, so I'm unsure if that's best. Well, I'd still need to consider how this might interact with Point 2.

Thoughts?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like part 1, but give an option for commas

Webadict, Webadict

If you choose part 2, make it choose the last two names.

One question you have to ask is how Unvote will be handled? Do you Unvote both names?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

With regards to point two, logically the last votes should be chosen. I don't know how you have it implemented, but I'd create an array for each player, make its size the number of votes they have, and then in each post, take the last 'x' votes they made and store them in the array. The last because those are conceptually 'the most recent'.

And yeah, if you suppose a player with a name like 'The Phantom Librarian', then you have multiple words in one username. So whenever a string in red is detected... tokenize it? The Phantom Librarian 5facecat becomes [The, Phantom, Librarian, 5facecat]. Then you check individual tokens and sets of tokens against every player in the game. In this hypothetical game, 'The Phantom Librarian' and '5facecat' are the players. Loop through the array created. 'The' is not a player, concatenate the next item in the array. 'The Phantom' is not a player, repeat. 'The Phantom Librarian' is a player in the game, add 1 to the votes against them. Discard and keep checking through the array items. Next is '5facecat' which is a player, so that vote is used as well.

This will of course go horribly wrong in a case like 'The Phantom' and 'The Phantom Librarian' both being players, but it's not like that would ever happen, would it?

... of course, yes, you can just use commas as delimiters which makes it ten times easier. I hate my programmer brain.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9