Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 121206 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2020, 11:28:53 pm »

Most of the possession/necromancy/life drain type stuff is likely easier to avoid than deal with, much of the time, from what I've noticed so far. Trying to build a demonic cultivator and going against the whole will of the heavens thing ain't exactly without its difficulties.

How about that suck-knowledge-out-of-dying-people skill? I've been trying to expand my bookshelf collection and using that seemed like a promising way to do it.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2020, 11:30:58 pm »

Got this game this week. Did some tutorials, started a sect, made my first cultivator. Everything was going well. I did some missions and got some cool stuff, I was working on building new sect buildings for stuff that's not strictly necessary. I sent my cultivator on a few missions for secrets, dealt with various invaders, and then it was a good time for him to break through so I assigned him to do that. Then there was an attack, four dudes, the biggest yet. But my mortals could handle it. Then, another attack hot on its heals. Two qi formation cultivators! I only had one cultivator, but since he's core formation it should be fine, right? And he finished breaking through right on time. But he was completely out of qi! As a result, he was easily slain, and my sect crumbled to its end.
So it goes.

Anyway, posting to watch.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 11:33:00 pm by Cruxador »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2020, 04:51:23 am »

I'm kinda in x-piratez situation - i invested way too much time in this playtrough to start over, but i'm already screaming at own arse and it will only get worse from there. At day 150 i have:
True sun human dude. Not particularly notable except law -5.
Chariot bearly cripple. Absolutely crippled, absolutely useless for anything except adventuring.
Uh oh, thematic snake necromancer stuck in a body and mind of incompetent fool. Why didn't i found him someone better, again?
Shendao main character with 3 int. Nuff said.
The Doge. Effortlessly tanks everything. Wantonly killed 4 potential recruits in a row. Last one died from spine being ripped out, while understandably in a state of some confusion (-40), before reaching the gate. Welcome to the place you won't leave, delicious mortal! Don't teach your doge to kill people, people.
Human dude who really strugless with all the work.
Crafter dudette who does nothing but floods the map in common iron swords to grind up skill.

Soon to be cap of 36 suggests that i should have more people by now, at very least.  ::)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 04:56:28 am by MCreeper »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2020, 05:34:19 am »

I'm kinda in x-piratez situation - i invested way too much time in this playtrough to start over, but i'm already screaming at own arse and it will only get worse from there. At day 150 i have:
True sun human dude. Not particularly notable except law -5.
Chariot bearly cripple. Absolutely crippled, absolutely useless for anything except adventuring.
Uh oh, thematic snake necromancer stuck in a body and mind of incompetent fool. Why didn't i found him someone better, again?
Shendao main character with 3 int. Nuff said.
The Doge. Effortlessly tanks everything. Wantonly killed 4 potential recruits in a row. Last one died from spine being ripped out, while understandably in a state of some confusion (-40), before reaching the gate. Welcome to the place you won't leave, delicious mortal! Don't teach your doge to kill people, people.
Human dude who really strugless with all the work.
Crafter dudette who does nothing but floods the map in common iron swords to grind up skill.

Soon to be cap of 36 suggests that i should have more people by now, at very least.  ::)
Fun fact: You can build a recruiter at any city, which lets you recruit like 10 people for 100 influence.
You can also send your charismatic dudes over to adventure there manually, but its a pain.

Or you can play in immortal mode, which nets you like 12 people by day 20.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2020, 05:54:36 am »

Just gotta say, as someone who hasn't cracked open this game yet, this thread is fucking nonsense.

Mega hyped.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2020, 07:18:56 am »

Small tip, but a much less painful way to do that is to go yoink the darksteel ore stack from copperton and have the crafter pump out darksteel bars for a while. Those things give like 900 crafting XP a pop and, y'know, stack, ha. Even just an 80 stack or somethin' of ore (and you'll probably find more like 150+) will jack a crafter up several levels... and provide you with a huge stack of darksteel going forward, heh.

e: well, I've figured out how to make a speedy turtle yaoguai. Reincarnate one with a custom intelligence that gives oodles of +move speed (and work efficiency). Got one with a move speed of the 100m/sec now :V

for context, a human with "just" 10 con has a move speed of 4.4m/sec, so, y'know. Turtle go vroom.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 08:47:45 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2020, 11:37:18 am »

Crafting the halberd/spear type weapons is more high cost material efficient. 
Uses 2 iron and 3 timber as a base, but only costs 1 material of whatever you are actually making it out of.  1x dark steel for example.  Instead of 5x dark steel.
It would also be cheaper on iron usage, using a total of 3x instead of 5x.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2020, 12:41:39 pm »

Speaking of weapons, is there any point to having high quality ones for anyone other than your outer disciples?
I've never seen my inners use their weapons as anything but transport.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2020, 09:54:25 pm »

No clue, personally. Might as well, just in case, though, yeah?

In other news, with not so judicious use of a custom item, I've now learned the ballpark for "how much cinnabar is on a medium canyon map" is around twenty seven thousand. It is a wildly excessive amount of cinnabar, nearly triple the amount of brownstone. Bloody crazy. Also they sell for like one spirit stone a piece when the merchant will buy them, so, y'know. Gonna buy that critter out next time they show up.

... also cinnabar turns out to be super great for devouring. Tends to give pure life essence and can produce intrinsic life, two of the best essences for supercharging tempered flesh. Good stuff.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 09:57:25 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2020, 10:39:08 pm »

No clue, personally. Might as well, just in case, though, yeah?

In other news, with not so judicious use of a custom item, I've now learned the ballpark for "how much cinnabar is on a medium canyon map" is around twenty seven thousand. It is a wildly excessive amount of cinnabar, nearly triple the amount of brownstone. Bloody crazy. Also they sell for like one spirit stone a piece when the merchant will buy them, so, y'know. Gonna buy that critter out next time they show up.

... also cinnabar turns out to be super great for devouring. Tends to give pure life essence and can produce intrinsic life, two of the best essences for supercharging tempered flesh. Good stuff.

You sometimes get a Sect mission to donate 200 cinnabar, so keep at least some for that.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2020, 11:23:58 pm »

... also cinnabar turns out to be super great for devouring.
I mean, you would think so. It was the main thing people were eating to try and become immortal prior to the advent of internal alchemy. That's why the literal translation of dantian is "cinnabar field".

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2020, 11:41:37 pm »

Because, in retrospect, eating mercury seems like such a great idea..
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2020, 11:27:21 am »

How exactly you fill up inner culdron? Just eating food seemingly gives no effect. Is it common for first two levels or you need to fill them separately?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 05, 2020, 11:44:07 am »

How exactly you fill up inner culdron? Just eating food seemingly gives no effect. Is it common for first two levels or you need to fill them separately?

From this guide here, you cultivate when you are at breaking point, it converts stamina into Qi max.  Should be ignored in early game.

I have an interesting situation.  I'm playing with all the Hard Times options, so humans suck.
I got a Snake Yaochan with slightly more than 30 days left before shapeshifting tribulation.  In the Resurrection path, has great compatibility and Qi skill. Can breakthrough immediately to Golden Core, but it's Autumn and the ideal season is Spring.  This character is GREAT. Reputation is around 390, so if I use possession to dodge the tribulation, I'm likely going to be fighting off nasty stuff in a lousy body.
Hm, there are some items that delay tribulation, not sure if they work on shapeshifting tribulation though.  With a bit more time, this character might just be able to handle it.
Eh, maybe I should just can the character now...

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 05, 2020, 11:45:54 am »

Far as I can tell, cauldron just fills up slooooowly over time when you're at breakthrough. Allegedly, you can speed it up somehow, to the point where it only takes 2-3 seasons to max out.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43