Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 123081 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #150 on: December 05, 2020, 12:01:03 pm »

How exactly you fill up inner culdron? Just eating food seemingly gives no effect. Is it common for first two levels or you need to fill them separately?

From this guide here, you cultivate when you are at breaking point, it converts stamina into Qi max.  Should be ignored in early game.

I have an interesting situation.  I'm playing with all the Hard Times options, so humans suck.
I got a Snake Yaochan with slightly more than 30 days left before shapeshifting tribulation.  In the Resurrection path, has great compatibility and Qi skill. Can breakthrough immediately to Golden Core, but it's Autumn and the ideal season is Spring.  This character is GREAT. Reputation is around 390, so if I use possession to dodge the tribulation, I'm likely going to be fighting off nasty stuff in a lousy body.
Hm, there are some items that delay tribulation, not sure if they work on shapeshifting tribulation though.  With a bit more time, this character might just be able to handle it.
Eh, maybe I should just can the character now...
The pills are useless for the shapeshifting tribulation which makes them extremely lame.
That said, there are some stuff you can do.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 12:14:50 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2020, 06:27:38 pm »

How exactly you fill up inner culdron? Just eating food seemingly gives no effect. Is it common for first two levels or you need to fill them separately?

From this guide here, you cultivate when you are at breaking point, it converts stamina into Qi max.  Should be ignored in early game.

I have an interesting situation.  I'm playing with all the Hard Times options, so humans suck.
I got a Snake Yaochan with slightly more than 30 days left before shapeshifting tribulation.  In the Resurrection path, has great compatibility and Qi skill. Can breakthrough immediately to Golden Core, but it's Autumn and the ideal season is Spring.  This character is GREAT. Reputation is around 390, so if I use possession to dodge the tribulation, I'm likely going to be fighting off nasty stuff in a lousy body.
Hm, there are some items that delay tribulation, not sure if they work on shapeshifting tribulation though.  With a bit more time, this character might just be able to handle it.
Eh, maybe I should just can the character now...
The pills are useless for the shapeshifting tribulation which makes them extremely lame.
That said, there are some stuff you can do.

Thanks!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2020, 07:26:13 pm »

Went into my first game blind. Lost two months in when my sect leader failed his shapeshifting tribulation.
Think I'll start with humans next time, and maybe invite some Yaoguai when I'm better prepared.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2020, 10:16:39 pm »

demon chicken will eat your puppy, etc., etc., yes

probably good to avoid yaoguai until later, or at least kick them out before the tribulation hits

In mostly unrelated news, I just now figured out exactly what transcribing laws does, and what it entails for raising critters up (it entails jamming every single +qi manual you have access to into them). One neat trick and my golden core prospective went from looking at a quality six to getting a Q2. It ain't Q1 but it's definitely a lot more workable, ha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 05, 2020, 10:55:58 pm »

In mostly unrelated news, I just now figured out exactly what transcribing laws does, and what it entails for raising critters up (it entails jamming every single +qi manual you have access to into them). One neat trick and my golden core prospective went from looking at a quality six to getting a Q2. It ain't Q1 but it's definitely a lot more workable, ha.

Make sure you give all your men Lunar Form for the qi boost, because... uhm... try it, if you haven't.   ;D
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 05, 2020, 11:01:24 pm »

Yeah, I knew about that one. Avoided it for my sect builder, but rando mc 50 qi sense I recruited later? They're straight up sunflower refining.

My future plan is to wait until sect leader maxes out myriad artifact law creation bonuses and turn their "treasure" into their new super relic :V

e: in other news, I've learned alchemy is a pretty impressive money maker if you go for it hard enough. Get sufficiently good and you can produce multiple spirit crystals per batch... and they sell for 60 per, i.e. just two nets you a twenty stone profit. Spirit stone printer goes brrr
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 11:06:24 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 06, 2020, 07:16:03 am »

Physical cultivators in a shellnut:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or so it would seem. My own just inhales stench from a pile of corpses my necromancer makes for greater power. Got to say, amount of grind that opens up on golden core (especially totally wrongful "massacre people for 1500 exp each" grind when your dog is trained to loot people) makes me want to... take a break for Rimworld, where progressing is, like, ten times faster. Or so it feels. And i thought Rimworld is a slow game.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 08:25:08 am by MCreeper »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 06, 2020, 09:02:43 am »

Uh, if XP is your bottleneck, are you making sure to utilize the agencies? They're the primary/more-or-less-best source of XP/inspiration past the very early game. Get on those early, then send an inner in need of XP out to gather belief. Least from what I'm picking up, you're probably sorta' wasting their time if you have a GC tooling around the sect much (at least prior to the point the pet stops being able to murder anything hostile that shows up), especially for tiny bits of XP like a 1.5k blip...

Transcribing the starter laws is also a huge one-time glut of the stuff, not that helpful later but a tremendous, what seems to be about three quarters of a million, boost for your initial critter(s). Probably plenty of other things I just haven't noticed yet, too, heh.
Ask not!
Ask!

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 06, 2020, 12:08:55 pm »

Possibly a stupid question, but how do I get a physical cultivator? Is it a law that you need to find in-game? If it's a starting option, I'm not seeing it.

Edit: Ah, found it - it's a starting option for beastpeople.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 01:10:53 pm by AlStar »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 06, 2020, 01:14:13 pm »

Ah, don't mind me, my bottleneck is "i don't know what i'm doing and don't want to".  :P And not being able to do many things at same in-game time. Also i meant diffirent exp, cultivation one. May or may not be futile effort to max it from there anyways.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 01:18:17 pm by MCreeper »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 06, 2020, 03:13:33 pm »

Possibly a stupid question, but how do I get a physical cultivator? Is it a law that you need to find in-game? If it's a starting option, I'm not seeing it.

Edit: Ah, found it - it's a starting option for beastpeople.
You can also find the starter in-game, apparently. Special event somewhere in the day 100-115 range.

There's a few others related to daemonia temple, as well, near as I can tell... both the best human and best yaoguai ones, at that. Four total counting the starter law, it seems.
Ask not!
Ask!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 06, 2020, 05:57:28 pm »

Regarding the naming of the Yaoguai:

...It might not be such a shock to everyone else, but it sure took me a while to get it.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2020, 06:46:16 pm »

Regarding the naming of the Yaoguai:

Most of them are actually just the literal name of the animal.

'Niu' is actually just 'cow', or perhaps more accurately 'bovine'; linguistic structure of Chinese makes fine-grained distinctions kind of awkward. Similarly, pig(boar) and Zhu, bear and Xiong, turtle and Gui (though it's more commonly used with Wu-), frog and Qin (-wa), tiger and Hu (Lao-), chicken and Ji, snake and She. My guess on rabbit is that they inverted the syllables and used an alternate romanization (Tu-zi to Si-tu).

Not sure what wolves are, and Cat is definitely the onomatopoeia for meow, and not the name of the animal (Mao).

(Note that none of these are really pronounced the way you'd read it in English either; straight off the top, they're all missing the tonal marks which indicate inflection.)

-----

How are you supposed to deal with a disaster in Mt. South? Based on the info, each sect in the area is supposed to help out with it, getting rewards based on contribution when it finishes... and a big penalty if it's left incomplete. Except your sect is the only one that operates there, and this earthquake event is lasting 20 days, generating 20 brownstone a day, and requires 1000 to safely resolve.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 07:16:33 pm by Aoi »
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 06, 2020, 07:24:02 pm »

If you turn on watch closely you contribute double the amount per day, so 40 per day over 20 days=800. That plus sending over a decent cultivator (the higher rank the better) will get you to 1000 without that much trouble.

Note that 1000 on its own doesn't even safely resolve it, the less time you have left on the timer the worse effects you get hit by.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 06, 2020, 07:37:21 pm »

If you turn on watch closely you contribute double the amount per day, so 40 per day over 20 days=800. That plus sending over a decent cultivator (the higher rank the better) will get you to 1000 without that much trouble.

Note that 1000 on its own doesn't even safely resolve it, the less time you have left on the timer the worse effects you get hit by.

Ooooh, thanks. I read the 'Watch Closely' toggle to mean that it doubles the frequency of events, in the sense of those popups where you have to decide how to respond. The first guy I sent over immediately added 250 points, which puts me at 1010, assuming nothing else changes.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 02:08:30 am by Aoi »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 43