Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 123047 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #165 on: December 07, 2020, 09:53:39 am »

Building up an intelligent animal takes forever.

I love how you can (theoretically) shape a crazy-powerful beastman by putting all these individual building blocks together. But good god, getting three of the same thought - especially the level 3 thoughts? Ugh.

Although I've been saving as many level 3 thoughts as possible (especially blue ones, since I can't seem to cause those via the 'observe' command) in the hopes that they come up again... in the meantime, I've been just building any thoughts that happen to come up - and it still looks like it's going to be at least a year-long project to get up to 3 or 4 cores.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 09:56:50 am by AlStar »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 07, 2020, 10:13:28 am »

Speaking of thoughts... I imagine you've all discovered that if you practice the sunflower art as a male, you become neutered. And the removed part is an item.

Now, the obvious thing to do here would be to make an artifact and beat your enemies with your dismembered schlong. But consider: Items can be sentient. Sentient items can eventually become people. So you can have a penis person hanging around the sect and cultivating.

You can even have the original cultivator possess and incarnate as his own penis. Hell, you could repeat the process, if the penis is a male.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 07, 2020, 10:35:29 am »

Building up an intelligent animal takes forever.

I love how you can (theoretically) shape a crazy-powerful beastman by putting all these individual building blocks together. But good god, getting three of the same thought - especially the level 3 thoughts? Ugh.

Although I've been saving as many level 3 thoughts as possible (especially blue ones, since I can't seem to cause those via the 'observe' command) in the hopes that they come up again... in the meantime, I've been just building any thoughts that happen to come up - and it still looks like it's going to be at least a year-long project to get up to 3 or 4 cores.

I usually memorize whatever pair of what I don't have.  It really doesn't take that long, provided you're ok with good enough.  Plus, you can go up to 9 cores.  My biggest complaint is that the explanation/terms for making the intelligent beast uses the word "shards" to describe two different things.  The whole translation is just kinda awkward.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 07, 2020, 11:13:29 am »

Sure, you can go up to 9 cores, but not only does that significantly reduce the timeline before fluffy gets smote by a lightning bolt, but I'd honestly be worried that the animal might die of old age before I managed to put together that many full shards.

Unless there's some trick to building up thoughts that I'm missing that significantly cuts down on how long it takes to get three of any given thought (note: there may well be, I'm certainly no expert), I'm currently aiming for the bare minimum to get my animal up on two legs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 07, 2020, 02:06:11 pm »

I... think there's some elixirs that delay tribulation? Not 100% there, 'cause I seem to recall there being some differences between shapeshifting tribulation and other sorts. But if there are, that can help out a lot with a high intelligence thingy yaoguai. Iirc if you max it out their tribulation comes in like ten days or somethin' (which you're going to have a hard time managing even if every possible duck is in its row), being able to extend that a bit (or a lot) helps more than a little, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 07, 2020, 03:41:45 pm »

Is there any way to encourage a tamed animal to start thinking? Or is it just a matter of letting it wander around camp until RNG triggers?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 07, 2020, 04:41:27 pm »

Speaking of thoughts... I imagine you've all discovered that if you practice the sunflower art as a male, you become neutered. And the removed part is an item.

Now, the obvious thing to do here would be to make an artifact and beat your enemies with your dismembered schlong. But consider: Items can be sentient. Sentient items can eventually become people. So you can have a penis person hanging around the sect and cultivating.

You can even have the original cultivator possess and incarnate as his own penis. Hell, you could repeat the process, if the penis is a male.

This possibility gives Cyberpunk 2077 a run for it's money in the PPI (potential penis interaction) category of game awards.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 07, 2020, 05:51:20 pm »

Is there any way to encourage a tamed animal to start thinking? Or is it just a matter of letting it wander around camp until RNG triggers?
There's specific miracles/elixirs that will straight up make them intelligent instantly. You can trade with one of the sects (though I forget which one) for them, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 07, 2020, 06:38:38 pm »

Sure, you can go up to 9 cores, but not only does that significantly reduce the timeline before fluffy gets smote by a lightning bolt, but I'd honestly be worried that the animal might die of old age before I managed to put together that many full shards.

Unless there's some trick to building up thoughts that I'm missing that significantly cuts down on how long it takes to get three of any given thought (note: there may well be, I'm certainly no expert), I'm currently aiming for the bare minimum to get my animal up on two legs.
There are some elixers and skills you can use to help them think some thoughts faster, which combined with observing and making sure all their requirements are fulfilled helps a bunch.

But if you want to get a beast to 9 slots or whatever its still going to take you like an ingame year or whatever.
That all said, it seems like going up high is the way to go. A 3 slot beast isn't going to be meaningfully better than your average human, and their 1000 day tribulation is completely irrelevant. Same for a tier 6, which gives you 100 days, which is pretty easy by the time you can make and awaken one.
But since they are so much work already settling for "meh, this dude should be okay and maybe a bit better then an average human that just wanders into my base" is kind of pointless. If you're making them it seems to me you should either go big with them being 100% dedicated to a single purpose at a high level or not even bother at all.
I... think there's some elixirs that delay tribulation? Not 100% there, 'cause I seem to recall there being some differences between shapeshifting tribulation and other sorts. But if there are, that can help out a lot with a high intelligence thingy yaoguai. Iirc if you max it out their tribulation comes in like ten days or somethin' (which you're going to have a hard time managing even if every possible duck is in its row), being able to extend that a bit (or a lot) helps more than a little, heh.
None of the elixers help with youguai tribulation at all, which makes them like 80% useless and certainly 100% useless for what 95% of people want to use them for.
If you max it out all the way you get 4 days, which is completely impossible at start and very difficult if you don't have stuff prepared for it and the season correct, but definitely viable with the right setup and eventually with everything near perfect not even that much trouble.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 06:50:36 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 07, 2020, 06:54:45 pm »

So evidently, living in a completely sealed mountain doesn't make you immune to invaders. A random 48-year-old guy just popped in through ~5 tiles of stone. Forget about being an outer disciple, that's a demi-god level trick...
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 07, 2020, 07:04:36 pm »

So evidently, living in a completely sealed mountain doesn't make you immune to invaders. A random 48-year-old guy just popped in through ~5 tiles of stone. Forget about being an outer disciple, that's a demi-god level trick...
Walls don't even always stop your own outers, as seen when they just hop over walls into the restricted area (cause there's a demon beast in there they keep trying to pet) to put out a fire or them somehow phasing through a decorative statue into the tiny space behind it so they can play the fun game of "time to get stuck in the corner behind a statue and see if you can hide long enough to die of starvation".
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 07, 2020, 07:21:39 pm »

Walls don't even always stop your own outers, as seen when they just hop over walls into the restricted area (cause there's a demon beast in there they keep trying to pet) to put out a fire or them somehow phasing through a decorative statue into the tiny space behind it so they can play the fun game of "time to get stuck in the corner behind a statue and see if you can hide long enough to die of starvation".

I've seen that happen to myself with single-tile 'solid' objects, but not things that are multiple-tiles thick. This particular invader also didn't spawn in at the edge of the map and try to march in either; he showed up inside my LoS, inside a mountain where the thinnest wall right now is 3-tiles thick. I was avoiding cracking open my mountain to see what kind of weird shenanigans I could get up to by being entirely cloistered, but it looks like some tenacious robbers are going to have their way anyways.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2020, 08:44:17 pm »

Apparently a random chicken near the base evolved into a demon after sensing one of my inners start to break through.

A pity it doesn't give much loot as a newborn demon.  But maybe I can knock it out, heal it, and move it over to a far off corner, to eventually grow big with more loot.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 08, 2020, 02:56:12 am »

Two things on intelligent beasts:
1) They have preferences that increase their thinking.  They all want to be in Pasture areas.
2) Honestly, my policy with them is to just ignore them.  It's not something to actively work, you just stuff them somewhere and go about your day.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 08, 2020, 06:21:13 am »

Hey so I just noticed, the skill values on the work schedule don't always properly reflect how good someone really is. I went digging in my outer's stats and sure enough, someone might have a lower mining skill but have higher mining yield (which is what I'm really interested in when picking my miner). Skill seems to raise speed first, and yield a distant second. Same with farming, crafting, butchering, etc..., and tools only seem to increase speed (except perhaps for the acupuncture needles).

Some traits might also mess with things further, for instance "Gifted Artist" seems to double the effect of "Artisanry", which itself gives a boost to the final quality of items. A "Meticulous" character on the other hand, had a boost to the initial quality range of crafted items, which is related to the "Crafting" skill. And I'm pretty sure that the "Craftsman" trait (not to confuse with the background story) also gives a substantial bonus.

This, on a tangent, made me curious about how each stat increased ability, and after some testing, most of them aren't straightforward, so here it is :

Mining 50% PER, 50% CON
Farming 70% PER, 30% CON
Construction 100% CON
Crafting 50% PER, 20% INT, 30% LUK
Social 100% CHA
Artisanry 40% PER, 60% INT
Cooking 60% PER, 40% CON
Medecine 60% PER, 40% INT
Battle 40% PER, 20% INT, 40% LUK
Qi sense 60% CON, 40% INT

As for Magic and Magic Crafting, it's 100% concentrated power of will... errr I mean they're only correlated to skill level, and cap at 50.

[Edit] Also stars (passionate/obsessed) increase the base skill level as if you had trained the skill, which is always a nice bonus on skills that you can't actually train, but won't help if you're at 20/20.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 07:20:04 am by Sirian »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43