Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 122477 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2020, 08:22:19 pm »

Thanks again for the advice and explanations :)

I did go through the tutorials, but they can be pretty dense. Should have done a refresher once my people started hitting inner disciple!
Sounds like they just need a better/bigger room in general. Maybe a few more cushions. And chop one of those fancy spirit trees I've been avoiding since the start.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2020, 10:04:45 pm »

There isn't really a reason to make huge rooms that i can see, well not like bigger then 11x11 or something. For cultivation rooms you just want enough space to fill up with qi-gathering materials(ie, 2-3tiles around your cushion) on stands while having the highest quality you can without being too cramped or too empty. Oh and a bit of lighting, cause you do get a dim lighting negative to opinion. But yeah, bedrooms and everything else can be small as long as they meet quality/fengshui/crampness requirements.

You do unlock a qi-gathering cushion that is better, i think its when you become a proper sect (500rep).

Cozy really seems to be related to quality of the room to me, i'm pretty sure lemon10 is right.

Btw, even outside rooms the quality of the environment matters for opinion, theres like... 2 separate bonuses for like how amazing the area your disciples are walking through at any moment, in addition to the lighting negative if its dim. (so yeah, lights outside keep people happy).

Building materials may seem limited at first, but its not really hard to get them later on, you eventually control towns that literally produce brownstone/wood/spiritstones/wheat as like daily upkeep, and you can send adventures to certain locations and gather materials. it's actually pretty easy to just send a adventure 20 times do a certain location (that you dont see until you start exploring) and come back with like 400-800jade that can be made into like thousands of blocks, and then make your entire sect out of jade. (mine is). Likewise for most materials, there are places to adventure for the ores and the more advanced woods n stuff. I wouldn't leave your base defenseless though, soo make sure you have 2 inner disciples before you start going ham on adventureing. You can also just straight up buy a good chunk of the materials from the sects (once you talk to them on the map and give them their greeting gift that they will no doubt think is shitty)

My sect, which is a blessed holyland (has very auspicious in every room so sect-wide fengshui is maxed): Image Link Cause its too big
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 10:20:39 pm by Rift »

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2020, 11:09:11 pm »

Cozy really seems to be related to quality of the room to me, i'm pretty sure lemon10 is right.

From left to right, cozy bonuses :

great room, right before sitting down (-2) / after sitting down on a cushion (+2) / sitting down on the same cushion but outside in the middle of a pond (+2) / sitting down on a bed in a great room (-1).

conclusion : what you sit down on is what matters for "cozy". Side note, the bed is made of spirit stone yet is still worse than a regular fabric cushion [Edit : a spiritwood bed gives +1, still less than a cushion].
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 11:24:32 pm by Sirian »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2020, 11:45:22 pm »

So, I got an injured traveler come into my village. For reasons unknown, he decided that the best place to hang out was not on an unoccupied bed, but rather in my training room... which I had not previously realized that, due to the room being made out of wood, and the all the items inside the room being made out of fire-based items (it's auspicious, they said!), was basically a sauna at a sweltering 50 degrees.

This had never been a problem before, since my disciples are apparently smart enough to get out of the room when overheating. Dumbass, however, sits calmly in the oven until he passes out from heatstroke. Force feeding him water was insufficient to cool him down, and since I couldn't find the "move idiot traveler to a bed" command, he died.

Plus side, he had some decent quality clothing, which finally got my sect leader to calm down about his crappy clothes. 

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2020, 08:34:21 am »

oh no

talisman drawing minigame

save me and my shaky hands D:
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2020, 09:11:36 am »

oh no

talisman drawing minigame

save me and my shaky hands D:
Fact: Talisman don’t exist in this game.

(There supposedly is a QoL mod for auto drawing talismans somewhere.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2020, 10:56:05 am »

I have this game and I really want to understand it 🤣🤣
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2020, 12:49:52 pm »

welp, loner start has gone swimmingly

22 days in and my starter guy just died from a haunted house induced heart attack after I accidentally blocked off the one other critter I pressganged convinced to join into a building

I get the feeling this attempt isn't going to last much longer

maybe the eternally raining (fei infested) ancient battlefield with the spatial disruptions wasn't a good idea to start with? Nah, it'll work out :V

e: There's definitely something hilarious about the starter guy just keeling over dead only a day or two after the protector critter buggered off, though. That's some (reverse?) serendipity right there.

e2: damnit sheng at least move the corpse out of the bed before you sleep on it come on
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 12:56:02 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2020, 12:54:34 pm »

The protector critter is absolute garbage.  He leaves before there is any real threats.  I'll continue to advocate for killing him and taking his stuff.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2020, 01:01:21 pm »

welp, shortly after sheng finally managed to bury starter guy, map special effects kicked in and starter guy's corpse dug its way back out

its walking around now

go team

e: and by "go team" i mean starter guy's walking corpse promptly murdered sheng and now everyone's dead sheng's slowly dying to undead wounds

this has gone well!I

e2: starter guy has now murdered a passerby, too

this guy's corpse is like ten times as effective as they were alive holy shit
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 01:06:21 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2020, 01:33:47 pm »

Just started this proper after slogging through the tutorials. Less than three weeks in, nothing particularly interesting happened yet, except for one of the wild animals being labeled as "Female Bull".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2020, 03:34:46 pm »

Don't assume the bull's gender.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2020, 03:46:28 pm »

Thank you for the reply and multiple options!

Really enjoying the game so far, but often feel like I'm wandering around in the dark :D

Next just got to figure out why my first inner disciple is so slow at getting... foundation? (Is it still called foundation once you reach Inner Disciple?)
I'm assuming it's because his stats and the starter law don't mess well at all (-5)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, ----- for Law match is completely brutal.  You can make up for it a little bit by having him learn techniques that boost his stats - if you build a manual pavilion you can have people transcribe your laws into it and he can even learn techniques from other laws.  Look at his stats, figure out which are too low, and focus on boosting them.

That said, he's never going to be an amazing cultivator, so what you should also do is send him out to adventure and advance the plot so you can learn more laws to teach others.

More importantly, have him camp and enter areas with people, talk to them and learn / share information to raise their opinion of you to 60, then invite those people back to your sect so you can recruit them.  Target people with good stats, obviously, and Qi Sense is by far the most important skill for a cultivator (even more important than stats in the long term, though you want both), but beggars can't be choosers, and there's no real disadvantage to filling your sect out to the initial cap of 12.  That will give you more people to choose from and let you create a better second inner disciple once one of them builds their foundation.  Of course, you also want to recruit some people who will make good outer disciples.

In general your first few inner disciples are going to be throwaways meant to lay the foundation for making better people later on (your first Gold Core is probably going to suck too; same deal.  You use their power to pave the way for a better one later on.)

Eventually, if you want to cultivate fast, the thing to do is to build a Cultivation Room, which should look a bit like this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The outer ring of items should be Spirit Wood; there isn't really any replacement for it.  You can get spirit wood by cutting down the glowing trees.  The inner items should ideally be stuff that both feeds the element of your cultivator and has qi gathering, but if you don't have anything like that you can just put stuff that feeds their element there instead.  At the exact center you should place a cushion, and assign it to the cultivator who you want to use that room.  The lanterns and door position aren't important from a feng shui perspective, but it's good to keep the room lit to avoid bad thoughts.

Eventually, building a room like that is absolutely essential to getting a high-quality (or even decent-quality) gold core.  You don't strictly need it before then, but it helps, and it's good to have it ready in advance because when someone forms their gold core you will want to seize the perfect window of time when the season feeds their cultivation, which (for everyone but metal cultivators) only lasts a few days out of the year.

You can find other examples of cultivation rooms by visiting the big sects later on.

welp, shortly after sheng finally managed to bury starter guy, map special effects kicked in and starter guy's corpse dug its way back out
Unlike Dwarf Fortress this isn't a result of the map as a whole, but a result of choosing an inauspicious burial place.  Unless you want them to come back as a zombie, always bury people auspiciously.

22 days in and my starter guy just died from a haunted house induced heart attack after I accidentally blocked off the one other critter I pressganged convinced to join into a building
This is similar.  Never create inauspicious bedrooms (unless you're trying to kill someone for some reason); they cause heart attacks.  The key to an auspicious bedroom is to have only one door, facing southwards, and to have the material of the bed (and any other feng shui items you put in the room) be fed by the element of the surrounding room.  Most of the time your rooms will be made of stone or earth and, therefore, most of the time your beds should be made of metal, which is fed by earth.

Don't worry about bedrooms feeding a cultivator's element (it's a pain in the ass because the only materials that work for this for some elements will create uncomfortable temperatures for sleeping.)  Just give cultivators a cultivation room instead and they won't cultivate in their bedroom.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 04:09:08 pm by Aquillion »
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2020, 05:26:04 pm »

I mean, that sect's dead now so I don't think I can double check, but I'm pretty sure the room was auspicious, or at least not mismatched material wise... didn't live long enough to get an inner disciple, so didn't have the feng shui checker, though. It might have been getting an extra penalty from an event or interaction with the ancient battlefield or somethin'?

... any case, anyone got recommendations for getting a physical cultivator's stamnia restored? After blowing through one's initial stock getting a handle on what remolding involved I'm having trouble getting it to regenerate at a rate that's something other than glacial. Critter's well fed and watered, but that doesn't seem to be doing the trick by itself.
Ask not!
Ask!

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2020, 08:17:38 pm »

... any case, anyone got recommendations for getting a physical cultivator's stamnia restored? After blowing through one's initial stock getting a handle on what remolding involved I'm having trouble getting it to regenerate at a rate that's something other than glacial. Critter's well fed and watered, but that doesn't seem to be doing the trick by itself.

If you have glowing grass (found on spirit soil), you get spirit dew when you clear it, which can be eaten to recover stamina. Just be aware that it will decay very fast so you want to consume it immediately, and probably replant grass to keep producing it.

I think that you can also get stamina pills from alchemy. And some ingredients like ginseng and bear gall can recover stamina iirc.

Long term, you probably want to find ways to accelerate the food->stamina conversion process. From what I understand, body cultivators eat a lot.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43