Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 122996 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #540 on: February 04, 2023, 05:53:32 am »

Well, it turns out the bear guy isn't a good artifact crafter at all.

I do have two other outers with high crafting skills, one has terrible stats, the other has pretty decent stats but has also been consistently making 100-quality everything.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 05, 2023, 02:06:39 am »

I knew I forgot something. Yep, talismans for mood are super important.

Also did not know that even moving 1 item resets EVERYTHING...

This makes me want to play again.

I do have two other outers with high crafting skills, one has terrible stats, the other has pretty decent stats but has also been consistently making 100-quality everything.

I think alchemy and artifact crafting are a mix of the crafting/medicine Stat and the magic Stat. So if you don't have good magic, you don't get good either of those.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 02:09:27 am by Micro102 »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 05, 2023, 08:23:15 am »

Turns out I had to actually put points into his artifact crafting skill. After 9 points, his skill is 32. Probably could be better, but I don't have better available.

On the plus side, a random manual from a dug-up casket gave me the locations for everywhere on Mt. Shu, including Gemspring Cave - I now have a semi-reliable source of Earth Flux. My main cultivator(True Sun, Luck a little over 5.0) seems to be getting one about 50% of the time.

What's a good way to recharge Qi? I don't have an alchemist(yet, working on it), so other than cramming down spirit stones, I don't see a way to easily recharge cultivators with >30k qi.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 05, 2023, 08:50:56 am »

There is a breathing manual and some Qi regen pills. Also, I just remembered that there is a mod out there somewhere that makes the skill levels displayed in a more reasonable way. Before the mod it just shows how skilled your character is at something, however that skill is based off stats like INT and PER. The mod shows the innate talent, which is much harder to raise. So it's best to pick people with high talent in magic and crafting, so they give high artifact crafting skill after becoming cultivators, and then you can boost your stats to ramp up the skill.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 05, 2023, 10:24:39 pm »

You need two things for a good crafter: 1) Good magic crafting, 2) Good artisan.
Your crafting skill determines your success chance (and quality to some degree?) and artisan is a large part of the end quality.
Thus any good crafter needs both.
Magic crafting power is based entirely off the skill *rank* (aka, ???/20) instead of skill level. This means that stats (con, perception, ect) don't matter, so if you just look at skill a crafter with 30 skill (and like 6 ranks) can end up having worse magic crafting then one with 10 skill (and like 15 ranks) but trash stats.

You can also raise crafting rank by having them craft a bunch of stuff. For cultivators this doesn't really work because you aren't going to have them pump out thousands of artifacts, but you can raise mortal medicine (aka, alchemy)/or crafting (magic crafting) skills by grinding a ton.

Of course (as always with this godamn game) there are other stuff that matter.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 05, 2023, 11:56:04 pm »

Hmmmm, I probably shouldn't be trying to give detailed advice based off 2 year old memories.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 06, 2023, 01:39:37 am »

Hmmmm, I probably shouldn't be trying to give detailed advice based off 2 year old memories.
I could be wrong on how crafting converts to artifact crafting btw, its been a few years for me as well.

And there has even been new info found out in that time, for instance nobody knew the exact mechanics behind the artifact crafting stuff (eg. they thought luck was just flat out good) or that some of them existed at all (eg. nobody was making V. Ominous crafting rooms).

The wiki is also a hell of a lot better then it used to be, you could probably get enough info off it to play the game without ever having to go to the discord even (although you should probably go there anyways).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 06, 2023, 03:58:23 pm »

What's a good way to recharge Qi? I don't have an alchemist(yet, working on it), so other than cramming down spirit stones, I don't see a way to easily recharge cultivators with >30k qi.
Spirit stones, spirit crystals, and qi regen pills are all cheap if you can make them (IIRC spirit crystals require 10 ranks in alchemy, so...). I believe qi gather items boost qi regen, so if you can persuade your cultivators to sit in a cultivation room or put a stand with some spirit wood/stone essence next to their bed/recreation spot that should help. IIRC there's a specific miracle to "go gather qi at target location," but I've never tried it out. There's also a miracle to slurp the qi out of an item, but I can't imagine that being all that useful for large numbers.

What I want to know about is stamina. A few of my cultivators keep running out and nothing I do seems to help. I had one on both stamina and ginseng pills and still couldn't tell if it was working, spirit dew is way too rare to rely on (there's like four tiles of spirit soil on my map total), and stamina boosting food seems to be pretty rare.

You can also raise crafting rank by having them craft a bunch of stuff. For cultivators this doesn't really work because you aren't going to have them pump out thousands of artifacts, but you can raise mortal medicine (aka, alchemy)/or crafting (magic crafting) skills by grinding a ton.
You're not supposed to be able to gain levels in alchemy/magic crafting stats through experience post-ascension, but I swear I got a message about it happening once. Maybe it's still tracking medicine/crafting xp behind the scenes and incrementing accordingly?

Speaking of which, as far as I can tell existing skill levels count for attainment costs. That is, a cultivator with 18 artifact crafting skill fresh out the gate gained +4 attainment per point (IIRC), as if he had purchased rather than inherited those ranks.

Of course (as always with this godamn game) there are other stuff that matter.
I've been obsessing over artifact crafting mechanics on the wiki and goddamn is it weird.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 06, 2023, 04:33:12 pm »

IIRC there's a specific miracle to "go gather qi at target location," but I've never tried it out.

Meditation.
This Miracle can be scary, because the description says it consumes lifespan. However, it consumes at an extremely slow rate. A single low-ranking lifespan-extending consumable will add more years than you're likely to consume in an entire playthrough using Meditate constantly, so don't worry about it too much.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 06, 2023, 04:53:18 pm »

Spirit stones, spirit crystals, and qi regen pills are all cheap if you can make them (IIRC spirit crystals require 10 ranks in alchemy, so...). I believe qi gather items boost qi regen, so if you can persuade your cultivators to sit in a cultivation room or put a stand with some spirit wood/stone essence next to their bed/recreation spot that should help. IIRC there's a specific miracle to "go gather qi at target location," but I've never tried it out. There's also a miracle to slurp the qi out of an item, but I can't imagine that being all that useful for large numbers.
The spiritual breath chant (the "go to area and suck up qi") miracle is super fast and basically *the* way to do it. You can regenerate like 8k per second without putting a lot of work into it.

It multiplies your qi regen rate by a massive amount based on the amount of qi in the tile, so it works better in areas with lots of qi (middle of qi arrays) or if you are taking qi regen pills.

It also sucks up qi from the local tile, so after a while the amount you get goes down. Even with that though, its by far the best way to regain qi. Although note that since it sucks up qi from the tile you probably don't want to do a GC breakthrough there or anything.
You're not supposed to be able to gain levels in alchemy/magic crafting stats through experience post-ascension, but I swear I got a message about it happening once. Maybe it's still tracking medicine/crafting xp behind the scenes and incrementing accordingly?
Ah. Yeah, you can't increase it as a inner, thats how it works. (Aside from a loophole where if a cultivator is temporarily mortal they can increase their skill levels).
Speaking of which, as far as I can tell existing skill levels count for attainment costs. That is, a cultivator with 18 artifact crafting skill fresh out the gate gained +4 attainment per point (IIRC), as if he had purchased rather than inherited those ranks.
Ugh. Annoying if true.

I might have to do some searching to figure out if that's true.
What I want to know about is stamina. A few of my cultivators keep running out and nothing I do seems to help. I had one on both stamina and ginseng pills and still couldn't tell if it was working, spirit dew is way too rare to rely on (there's like four tiles of spirit soil on my map total), and stamina boosting food seems to be pretty rare.
Eat resin powder too (you can just buy it off the SSS sect).
Also note that high equilibrium (which I think you get from qi absorbtion efficency) is bad since it slows down the rate at which they gain stamina and consume food. So if your dude has it at max then they will gain stamina really slow.
Meditation.
This Miracle can be scary, because the description says it consumes lifespan. However, it consumes at an extremely slow rate. A single low-ranking lifespan-extending consumable will add more years than you're likely to consume in an entire playthrough using Meditate constantly, so don't worry about it too much.
Nah, meditation is to increase cultivation speed and gain max qi, not to increase qi regen speed.
Mostly its unneeded since cultivation speed is super fast with a good amount of boosts.

The only time its really needed would be for stuff like cauldron filling or bizzare stuff like intentionally increasing your age.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 06:54:42 pm by lemon10 »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 06, 2023, 08:25:20 pm »

Yep, I decided started to play again, and saw my mod list so i decided to post it here as I'm someone who tends to try and stick to the vanilla game but I find these to be indispensable.

Elysium: Automates cultivation based on mood so you don't have to check ally our cultivators every 5 minutes.

Skill level in recruitment: because it's bullshit that you can't know what they are good at

Numeric Descriptions: Gives more details to the rather vague descriptions of manuals.

Show law stats: to avoid having to go back and forth between the law screen and the character screen when looking for what stats are missing.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 06, 2023, 09:43:03 pm »

Also note that high equilibrium (which I think you get from qi absorbtion efficency) is bad since it slows down the rate at which they gain stamina and consume food. So if your dude has it at max then they will gain stamina really slow.
GAH, I was intentionally increasing that hoping it'd boost stamina gain! What's the point if it doesn't, let alone at the cost of making things worse?

Clearing out SSS's larders it is.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 06, 2023, 10:37:56 pm »

I think the point was that it was supposed to be a good thing in that it meant that your dudes didn't need to eat as often and would use less food resources. It probably is also supposed to represent immortals that never need to eat and can meditate for ten thousand years without moving, ect.

In practice its a trap that can effectively ruin your cults by slowing their cultivation speed down by a literal order of magnitude, being worse the better your cultivation stuff for them is.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 07, 2023, 07:58:25 pm »

Slightly odd occurrence just now. Got attacked by a bear. Battle music and everything. Except it was just a normal bear. Quickly shot down by a normal guy, and the music stopped.

Then the merchant showed up. Then almost immediately after, three demon tigers showed up. At least I had two inners and the dog to fight them, the only damage they did was chew a bit of the guest room up.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 07, 2023, 09:17:29 pm »

Yeah, you can get three events really close to each other (due to the triple event setting), that's just how it works.

It can end really poor where like three squads of dudes drop out one after the other.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43