Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 123059 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #630 on: March 12, 2023, 07:16:45 am »

I did mention that. Also, my goal is to reduce Mental State with penalties to a point where the base increase is much faster than the high Mental State rate and float back up. To that point, I'm trying to stack as many Obsessions as I can; unfortunately, I've already locked out Giving Up, and both Hedonistic and Depression both require several hours of real time to build up. The good news is, Anxious still appears to be building up despite the fact she is at the highest cultivation state - the Shendao guide from the wiki states that Anxious can't build up at the highest state because there are no more breakthroughs, this appears not to be the case.

I hope that I can blow up to the limit for Wise and breakthrough without using my MS talismans and other boosts, so I can subsequently blow up to the final mental level using them. In the meantime, I'm just letting divine hatred build up, I'm not worried about the tribulation. Once I do all that, I can just turn on Divine Concealment and maybe Sharpsword or other battle talismans and wreck everything. She's already literally immune to any kind of damage that I've been able to expose her to, including having her engage half a dozen demon beasts, or a small squad of random GC/PS-level cultivators solo.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 12, 2023, 05:44:14 pm »

I just remembered that the cultivation branch area gives a mental state boost too.... Could you assign a branch manager so bad it gives a negative modifier?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 12, 2023, 06:32:38 pm »

I just remembered that the cultivation branch area gives a mental state boost too.... Could you assign a branch manager so bad it gives a negative modifier?

Probably not, but one thing you can do is assign your incredibly unqualified Shendao to be the leader of a large branch, which will give them an absolutely enormous mental state penalty from the stress. It takes some tight planning to turn this into a useful breakthrough, but it's not impossible. Just make sure to work out the math beforehand instead of just winging it.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 13, 2023, 04:57:53 pm »

Went through three detachment tribulations, but only got Mental State back from two of them. Is there any situation where something like that can legitimately happen or did it bug out? Because that really screwed over my breakthrough strategy.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 13, 2023, 08:00:48 pm »

I've been getting back into the game and there is just so many things to do/remember every single time.

You have to find the favorites of all the sect leaders for gifts, you have to adventure to every major location like 50 times (bit less with talismans), you have to enter each map at least once, you have to remember all the basic secrets (eg, special locations). And a bunch of more minor stuff that you have to do as well.

Still, its not like time really matters in the game, so the fact that I didn't have anyone break through to golden core due to missing breakthrough times in year 1 won't matter in the slightest.
In other news:

Looks like one of my catboy cultivators has himself some big fans.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 08:06:21 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 13, 2023, 08:08:21 pm »

Still, its not like time really matters in the game
It doesn't, unless you want to complete the story line. But then again, why would anyone want to go through the pain. Better watch a summary on youtube or something.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 14, 2023, 03:39:10 pm »

Did some more testing, and it appears the Killing obsession does not return mental state when cleared. Is this normal?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 19, 2023, 05:48:24 pm »

Still trying to tweak a Shendao. I can't figure out how to promote a core follower into a guard. The follower does have 100% Extent of Belief and 5/5 Wishes Fulfilled(had it at 4, but I did another), but I can't find any option or button to convert them into a guard.

She's already irritating me with the fact that it's going to require 25 days to breakthrough to the final mental state level... after doing 25+ days of Mind Fasting because it also requires her to do indulgence to bring her Divinity down. And I basically have to use a cheat mod because more than once she's broken her Mind Fast(losing the buff) to complain about boredom. Yes, during a period where she's supposed to stop thinking she stops because she's bored. Restraining would stop her breaking her Fast, but that would ascend her. Also, fun fact, while set to indulgence, my Shendao eats more than my physical cultivator.

EDIT: Literally minutes after posting this, one of the walls to the library/leisure room became sentient.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 05:51:14 pm by Akura »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 19, 2023, 07:45:42 pm »

I'd ask the discord (https://discord.gg/jktEFNuX). The help section is very active. I haven't gotten to shendao guards.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 19, 2023, 09:30:31 pm »

She's already irritating me with the fact that it's going to require 25 days to breakthrough to the final mental state level... after doing 25+ days of Mind Fasting because it also requires her to do indulgence to bring her Divinity down. And I basically have to use a cheat mod because more than once she's broken her Mind Fast(losing the buff) to complain about boredom. Yes, during a period where she's supposed to stop thinking she stops because she's bored. Restraining would stop her breaking her Fast, but that would ascend her. Also, fun fact, while set to indulgence, my Shendao eats more than my physical cultivator.

This is an intended part of the Shendao challenge unfortunately. The best solution is to use a high level talisman to reduce recreation(and another one for hunger/thirst) decay to almost nothing, so they can handle mind fasting in non-restrained mode for 25 days. You can also manually toggle between Restraint and normal mode, making sure not to ascend, but this is exactly as annoying as it sounds.

Hitting the final mental state breakthrough on a Shendao is really hard. Even a slightly scuffed Shendao is still pretty good though, and if you do ascend them(either by accident or just to make room) then they'll be usable as a Guard by later generations of Shendao.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 01, 2023, 05:52:43 pm »

Been working with a spell-based cultivator a bit. True Sun cultivator, boar Yaoguai with pretty mediocre stats all in all. Took as many spell power manuals and actual spells as I could: Innate Qi, Firestorm, Divine Bolt, Chaos Void, Vitality Chant, Reversa Cycle, and Spirit Shield. Tried to max out Spell, but only got Protect to 10. Equipped a Giant Turtle Shell, Flood Dragon Scale, and Taiyi Codex, ate a Shield Pill, and she's wearing Demon Hide clothing. Artifact is weak, total power 651 with 7k qi capacity.

She blew through 3 attainment tribulations pretty quickly with little difficulty. She probably could last almost indefinitely, especially if I get some bonuses to cooldown. One tribulation was difficult for my Grand Chariot and 7SS guys. But that's probably because tribulations have no protection value; they take full damage from everything. Against a PS-level cultivator with 60k qi but 20 Protect, Firestorm, stated to do over 128k qi damage, did less than a tenth of that and has a long cooldown. On the other hand, my best Grand Chariot fighter killed that enemy and his two buddies within seconds.

One thing I also discovered, Heaven's Breath, though very difficult to acquire, makes awesome artifacts. It's naturally T12, so you just need a really good Myriad Artifact Law user and to set the item in a qi array until it have at least 1500 qi.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]