Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 121214 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2020, 08:59:16 pm »

So, I caved in and I've been playing for a couple days, I have to say it's pretty good and you don't have to wait for the english release, the beta is already really polished and the worst thing I've seen is a missing space or maybe the use of the word "Law" where I'm more used to "Scripture" in translated Xianxia... nothing big.

And, according to their lastest steam announcement, if you buy it before the 24th, you'll get the panda DLC for free on the 25th.

Yeah, I did too.  Help them playtest their english version before release and get free Pandas!

EDIT: Sigh, and yet another developer can't even get their save system to work right.  They kinda need to fix that if I'm going to play it.

Also, how to I unlock the simple, ordinary furnace?  I think I've built everything, yet it remains hidden.
EDIT: Nevermind, just need to wait I guess.  Or maybe build a building, I dunno.
I *think* building the stonecutter is what unlocks the next tier of buildings, although waiting might work as well?
If you improve the feng-shui of your well by making sure the area around it the element that feeds it (or if its in a room, also the quality of the room), i think it performs better. I'm not sure you'll notice the difference on specifically a well... maybe if you have like really bad feng shui people will get injured on your well sometimes, pretty sure feng shui effects accident chances quite a bit, it should also increase/decrease chance of better quality stuff in most workshops, but i think water is one of the base-materials and thus, has the same quality regardless.
The well description notes that it gives cleaner water than regular water you just find out in lakes or whatever, so I assume that bad fung shui quality might mean it has a chance to give you bad water.
Or maybe the fung shui for the well might not matter aside from the mood penalty, the game is pretty opaque about a lot of stuff.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2020, 12:19:36 am »

yeah thats possible i guess? i've never seen water that looked different but i've never tried making a cursed well.

EDIT: Sigh, and yet another developer can't even get their save system to work right.  They kinda need to fix that if I'm going to play it.
What problem were you having with the save system? It has some auto-saves and you can manually save.. i've never had it crash or fail to load a save?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2020, 01:46:23 am »

... speaking of cursed wells, is there anything special you can do if you go about just absolutely ruining the general area's feng shui? Actually make like a cursed sect or somethin'?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2020, 02:16:58 am »

I think the most obvious answer is "everyone is always unhappy, everything you make is bad, and all your luck is horrible".
I do think there is a sect feng shui score later on, but I think for that higher is pretty much just flat out better.
I *do* know that is at least one potential benefit of bad feng shui, notably if someone dies in a room with terrible feng shui they generate an item or cursed spirit of some kind (that I can't remember the name of or what exactly it is), which you can then sell or use for crafting or something.

Given how complex and opaque the game apparently is I would be surprised if there weren't more hidden or even not so hidden benefits of selective bad feng shui.
yeah thats possible i guess? i've never seen water that looked different but i've never tried making a cursed well.
I was thinking less cursed well and more "this well is just super crappy with a significantly increased chance of getting normal bad-well events, like ruining food or making your dudes sick cause the water was unhygenic".
But again, I don't really have the slightest clue, although making an *actual* cursed well would be awesome.

E: The game's discord channel seems to be pretty active, and is the place I would go if you have an actual question you want answered by people that actually know what they are talking about (eg. not me). I also grabbed this guide off it, which has been pretty darn helpful thus far.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 02:24:10 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2020, 02:51:22 am »

Yeah there is a 'sect feng shui" level, i think? it might just be the average of all the rooms feng shui (and possibly including feng-shui targets like beds/workshops/etc that arent in rooms). i think you can see it as soon as you put a observatory up (which is what lets you see feng shui levels and elements to begin with). I haven't seen any or heard of anything saying the entire sect feng shui does anything other then a onetime bonus to sect reputation and recruitment if you hit very auspicious.... but Who knows? games pretty freaken unclear, and some people seem to be saying it effects global breakthrough rate which may be possible? i donno. Ingame loretext implies it affects luck n stuff, so it MIGHT affect tons of stuff, or almost nothing.

you can definitely easily make your rooms 'cursed' if your trying just by putting doors on the wrong sides, and making the feng-shui target in the room be the feed element for everything else in the room, or uh.. making the room the element that beats it. I think its just called "very inauspicous". Also in general you can just place everything important the same way thats not in rooms as well, inverting the elements etc.. and make basically everything your people interact with, and every room they enter to be very inauspcious.. this will at the very least make them all very unhappy, very accident prone (omfg the stove at very inauspcious might as well be a flamethrower with how many fires it starts).. and make the quality of everything extremely low, or outright fail to make stuff.

I think i remember seeing something imply that very inauspicious + corpses/graves might make undead happen or something, but i never tried it.
Btw there IS a reason to make a single room really inauspicious, if you want to.. farm anguish soul gems by throwing dying people into it.. so that they suffer while they die and leave them behind potentially. (otherwise they leave behind different soul gems)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 03:01:14 am by Rift »

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2020, 08:57:42 am »

Good to know about soul gems, I never got one yet. One thing I noticed is that when killing random invaders (and I think even animals) with my sect leader, he got "Condemnation" from it (bad karma basically). I think it's because they were of a lower stage than him.

As for sect feng shui, I can definitely confirm that it gives a bonus (or malus) during breakthroughs, you can see it in the breakthrough window.

For wells, I can confirm that wooden wells get a bonus, because the building naturally generates water element, which feeds the wood and makes it auspiciuous.
Similarly, a stove, forge or furnace emits fire, so you get a bonus when making them from earth materials (stone basically).

Also, how to I unlock the simple, ordinary furnace?  I think I've built everything, yet it remains hidden.
EDIT: Nevermind, just need to wait I guess.  Or maybe build a building, I dunno.

About that, I think that you unlock pretty much everything as soon as you establish your sect, which can be right at the beginning of the game if you just give the free foundation pill to whoever you want as sect leader and make him breakthrough on the spot. The annoying part is that only outer disciples can do regular work, so you have to plan around that.

Another useful tip : you don't have to mark and haul everything you want to trade, to the trade area. Instead you can just check "available for sale" in any storage area, and everything in there will appear during trades.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 09:01:25 am by Sirian »

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2020, 04:03:29 pm »

well feng shui in the SPOT your standing in during breakthrough matters, i'm not sure if the global feng shui effects that rather then just the tile-by-tile fengshui.

You unlock more stuff as you go up in sect-level(rep 500?) as well, but that also brings stronger enemies. Some scrolls may contain some buildings for devine cultivaiton, and uhh i think you can also get some other decorations via other sects somehow.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2020, 04:16:12 pm »

This looks really neat and I bought it, though it also looks confusing at this point.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2020, 04:57:12 pm »

As for sect feng shui, I can definitely confirm that it gives a bonus (or malus) during breakthroughs, you can see it in the breakthrough window.

well feng shui in the SPOT your standing in during breakthrough matters, i'm not sure if the global feng shui effects that rather then just the tile-by-tile fengshui.

Here's what I'm talking about

You can't see my mouse cursor but this is the tooltip when I'm on "feng shui". Note that these bonuses are all independent from location, and if you click the "breakthrough" button, you're then prompted to choose a spot, which has it's own bonuses, here's a side by side of a shitty spot and a good spot :

As you can see the feng shui bonus stays the same because it's the map-wide sect bonus. Interestingly, the room feng shui doesn't seem to have a role here, only the element compatibility and qi density of the chosen tile.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 05:16:49 pm by Sirian »

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2020, 08:50:42 pm »

Interesting, your 100% right.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2020, 11:37:20 pm »

So, I just found a use for the random attackers that keep pestering me : it turns out that their corpses make for great fertilizer!

I just tested this earlier and sure enough, the area where I dumped my last body went up to "rich" from "fertile".

[Edit :]
This is not the same as making fertile soil with feces though : fertile soil in this case is a green tile with a heavier wood element balance, whereas dumping a corpse will increase the fertility score without altering the tile otherwise.

Also as I was writing this I just found out that there's another type of soil called spirit soil, which I'm starting to guess is key in producing spiritwood more consistently...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:50:16 pm by Sirian »

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2020, 12:15:26 am »

Apparently people will sometimes just ignore the well and drink unpure water from the enivronment (assuming you have water around in your map).
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 03:12:52 am by Rift »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2020, 07:04:46 am »

Apparently people will sometimes just ignore the well and drink unpure water from the enivronment (assuming you have water around in your map).
Apparently if you *don't* have water around in the environment they just collapse from dehydration instead... which isn't really much better.

The (temporary) solution is you can just order your dudes to manually draw a bunch of water from your well so your idiots don't drink straight from the ground.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2020, 05:58:52 pm »

... speaking of cursed wells, is there anything special you can do if you go about just absolutely ruining the general area's feng shui? Actually make like a cursed sect or somethin'?
There are some specific actions that benefit from bad feng shui (soulsearching enemies to rip out their secret techniques, in particular.)
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2020, 06:44:47 pm »

Anyone know how to heal the guy you get with the "Helping Hand" option?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43