Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 124233 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #585 on: February 26, 2023, 04:13:45 pm »

Well, either I have no idea how combat works (entirely possible) or my fire cultivator is weaker than I thought. I went to Mt Barren and found a rabbit demon with less max Qi than my cultivator, and no regen.

"Great! I'll be able to outlast it!"

Oh the fool I was. The rabbit proceeded to take virtually no damage at all while my fire chick lost like a sixth of her Qi bar per hit. Had to have her retreat with minor injuries. I think I'll just nab some of the gathered resources and have her go home to recharge.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 26, 2023, 04:30:28 pm »

Use the dog! Seriously.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 26, 2023, 04:32:48 pm »

The dog is just a puppy. Can it actually help at all?

Also I have my first ever golden core! Only a grade 8, but it's a start, and I'll be able to open up that Taiyi sphere thing.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 26, 2023, 04:55:18 pm »

Yeah it makes a pretty huge difference. Plus since you are just summoning a copy of it it doesn't matter if it dies.
Well, either I have no idea how combat works (entirely possible) or my fire cultivator is weaker than I thought. I went to Mt Barren and found a rabbit demon with less max Qi than my cultivator, and no regen.
Demonic beasts are pretty significantly superior based on qi and stage to cultivators that don't have stuff pumped into their combat stats (eg. protection, artifact mastery) especially if they lack good artifacts.
A pet tanking goes a long way to helping with that.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 26, 2023, 05:14:36 pm »

Nowhere near enough holy stone to make artifacts.
Wait. Stop. Why?

Sent 2 Fire cultivators with decent luck to Drake Cave for 10 adventures each, and found one piece of holy stone. In total. I'm not wanting for jade or jade essence anymore... which is good, because I just promoted two Seven-Slaughtering Sword law users.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 26, 2023, 05:18:16 pm »

Something I think this game should hint to you is that you can learn how to build buildings at other sects when you camp at them (and there is one particular one that is insanely good, try and find it).

I think adventuring and camping would solve a lot of your problems Sirus.

Also note, when adventuring for certain items, you want the cultivator searching for them to be of the feeding element (if you are looking for a wood item, send a water cultivator) and have high luck. The higher the better. Which is one of the reasons why my plans for a fire-only sect failed. It's just too efficient to have every law learned.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 26, 2023, 05:36:15 pm »

Nowhere near enough holy stone to make artifacts.
Wait. Stop. Why?

Sent 2 Fire cultivators with decent luck to Drake Cave for 10 adventures each, and found one piece of holy stone. In total. I'm not wanting for jade or jade essence anymore... which is good, because I just promoted two Seven-Slaughtering Sword law users.
A quick check on the wiki shows that holy stone is quite a bit easier to get now thanks to the final DLC, but (just in case my incredulous warning wasn't clear) its still rare enough and one of the best earth qi items, so you don't want to waste any making generic artifacts out of it.
Note that the blocks have 30 qi gather (vs 35 for the stone) and you get 4 blocks for 1 stone. So it *might* be worth it do turn 1->4 depending on your priorities.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 26, 2023, 05:45:46 pm »

I guess I'm not sure how to adventure or camp either.

I mean, I can do adventure if something pops up. I've visited a few locations and walked around two of them. But as far getting resources from these locations or finding new locations to explore, I have no idea. And unfortunately I can't seem to keep an inner hanging out at one location; if they enter the map in order to chat up the locals or steal gather items lying on the ground they fly back home automatically.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 26, 2023, 06:00:45 pm »

The dog is just a puppy. Can it actually help at all?
The puppy could probably murder your entire sect at the point you get it, iirc. Folks have already noted it, but it's a significant force multiplier early in the game, and can largely handle most invasions you'll encounter for a... while. Don't underestimate the bowwow.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 26, 2023, 07:01:14 pm »

Won my first no-nonsense fight against a Primordial Soul-level opponent. Asked to kill a traitor for Mystic Unity Sect. Sent one of my oldest and most experienced fighters, who is in fact, my second disciple promoted this entire run. Unfortunately, since he was promoted so early in the run, he never got the piles of drugs or advanced skills that later cultivators got. As such, he only has a little over 50k qi as a Grand Chariot practitioner at the Mizar state. He does have two quality artifacts: an ice bracelet and ice spear.

His opponent was a woman with a random law, 3 low-grade artifacts, and 5 times as much qi. I summoned the dog, which made it close to even. Her major weakness was the fact her artifacts had tens of thousands of qi, with one being over 100k. Although her stats showed she had I higher artifact power than mine, that's distributed across more artifacts, and doesn't account for the dog's core(which fights like an artifact - he's been training it like a good boy). As a result, my artifacts quickly out-fenced hers, which massively drained her when they went to recharge.

By the end of the fight, both cultivators were completely run out of qi and resorted to mortal weapons. At least one of the traitor's artifacts still had some power, but it was held in check by the dog's core. First blood was shed when the dog bit her several times in the face, then tore her up like one of those horror stories about aggressive breeds of dogs.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 26, 2023, 08:17:34 pm »

I guess I'm not sure how to adventure or camp either.

I mean, I can do adventure if something pops up. I've visited a few locations and walked around two of them. But as far getting resources from these locations or finding new locations to explore, I have no idea. And unfortunately I can't seem to keep an inner hanging out at one location; if they enter the map in order to chat up the locals or steal gather items lying on the ground they fly back home automatically.

Camping lets you enter the location with whoever is camped there, and the secret to getting items is to send someone of the feeding element (if you want an earth item, send a fire cultivator) with the highest luck you can.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 26, 2023, 09:45:34 pm »

But how do I get those items? Do I just leave them camping there for a while and let the cultivator slowly gather goodies? Do I have to explore the map and see what if anything RNG spawned for me? I've already noticed that the stuff listed in the Produces box isn't necessarily what will turn up on the map (like jade at Mt. Barren, when it looks like all they normally produce is cotton).

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 26, 2023, 10:02:04 pm »

The camping map usually has pre-generated items in stacks, and you can pick them up and they won't respawn. Outside of camping, just spam adventures. It's faster to repeatedly adventure to a location than camp there, and then you will choose from a list of options.

Camp everywhere at least once. Just to see what's up.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 27, 2023, 12:26:31 am »

I think it worked like, if you leave them camping and don't enter, they'll periodically trigger some resource collecting event or something. Takes a while of sitting idly there. Never seemed like a good way to spend the inners' time. But then again, I've always had but few inners that I liked to micromanage - maybe it makes more sense when you're running a large sect.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 27, 2023, 12:01:30 pm »

I think it's best used when you're (for whatever reason) going somewhere all the way on the other side of the map. If it takes multiple days just to get there, then it makes sense for them to just sit and collect, rather than waste time travelling back and forth.

Of course, the real answer to that is to advance your core and always carry the highest quality +travel speed talisman that you can make, so that you can go just about anywhere in no more than a day.

[...] But as far getting resources from these locations or finding new locations to explore, I have no idea.  [...]
To get new locations, you need to send your inners to any location that's below 100% explored (it'll show up in the lower corner of the info panel when you click on it). I don't know if new locations show up based on % explored, or if it's a random chance that's affected by % explored, but it ends up being the same thing - just keep going somewhere and new stuff will start popping up.

There's also some scrolls that you can find which will have locations in them. Just have an inner read the scroll and they'll show up on the map... I don't think this costs any inspiration to do.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43