Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Mold Farmers in Space  (Read 42359 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Mold Farmers in Space
« on: November 17, 2020, 08:05:33 pm »

How did it go this wrong? What happened in your life that you deserved this? What divine being or nasty politician did you get on the wrong side of to wind up here?

And what do you do now?

You've been taken. Kidnapped. Stolen. Hijacked. You're trapped on an awful, unstylish, decrepit old space ship, adrift in the cosmos, run by an insane, sarcastic A.I. (is there any other kind?)

You've been designated as "essential crew" by the A.I. And must now struggle to survive in this mechanical monstrosity, filled with the smells of broken space equipment, biological stench, and mold. Mold everywhere. probably ought to get that checked. Because this ship does NOT look like it was intended as an agricultural endeavor. Not that you really know.

Well, roll up your sleeves, time to get to work.

Spoiler: What is this? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: character sheet then? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ship Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crew Positions (click to show/hide)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mold Farmers in Space
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 08:20:22 pm »

((I suppose I could bring back a character I used in another RTD))

Name: Tamatoa
Species: Coconut Crab
Description: A large crab, bluish-purple in color in most places except his back, which is more of an orange...sorta plaid theme. Has two arms with pincers, five legs and one stump where the sixth leg used to be (although I don’t remember if crabs have six or eight legs normally), two swiveling eyestalks with more human-like eyes, and a mouth that also resembles that of a human
Preferred Gravity: Medium
Preferred atmosphere: Oxygen and water are both acceptable
Previous occupation: Hoarding
Miscellaneous: Loves all things SHINY and has no regard for any inner qualities.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 08:04:09 am »

Name: Dr. Bob
Species: Deerman
Description: Average looking for someone of his species.
Preferred atmosphere: oxygen
Previous occupation: Geneticist
Miscellaneous: Would prefer not to be here.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 08:54:02 am »

Name: Crewbot
Species: Flying Sphere
Description: A sphere with wings that has an exoskeleton made of whatever it found to protect itself. Back on its home planet, it was part of a colony with a queen, soldiers, foragers, nurses and builders.
Preferred Gravity: Low
Preferred atmosphere: ammonia
Previous occupation: ForagersphereNonexistant, Queen Sphere is here
Miscellaneous: May have been brainwashed by the AI to think that the AI is the queen so that Crewbot would stop trying to put pieces of the ship onto its exoskeleton

Greet the queen
((So, I see you were inspired by something said in, was it Ameripriseol? Random thoughts? The emotions thread? Wherever it was, good on you for making it a game))
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 12:21:51 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 10:04:20 am »

Name: Tim
Species: Human
Description: A human with black hair and black eyes, utterrly normal farmgirl from an argicultural planet. Has an unhealthy obsessions with fire.
Preferred Gravity: Low(Big farms)
Preferred atmosphere: Oxygen
Previous occupation: Tower Farmer, Forager.
Miscellaneous: Likes Fire, good at jumping around and moving quickly in low gravity. Really likes fire.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 11:32:56 am »

Name: Rosomio
Species: Space Human
Description:He is a tall skinny human, around 6'5. His skin is gray and has a habit of slouching around. He is a timid fellow and always have a negative view on everything. His long hair is black and unkempt, and his eyes are droopy. He was born in a space station settlement that was once owned by the short lived Iberian Empire. Rosomio has a heavy Iberian accent, and has a monotone voice.   
Preferred Gravity:Low
Preferred atmosphere:Oxygen
Previous occupation:Botanist
Miscellaneous:He's really good at sneaking around without people noticing him. He was also taught how to shoot a gun to defend against space raiders back home.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 11:34:38 am by Luckyowl »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 03:45:48 pm »

Name: Sirirx
Species: Vetan
Description: An old-timey space suit filled with eternally writhing eels.
Preferred Gravity: High
Preferred atmosphere: Ammonia
Previous occupation: Marrow Farmer
Miscellaneous: These crewmates look kinda tasty...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2020, 04:28:31 pm »

Name: Mr. Koff (pronounced "cough")
Species: Cat
Description: An adult, slightly chubby, short-haired grey cat with green eyes. Has a hoarse, grouchy meow.
Preferred atmosphere: Oxygen
Previous occupation: Chief Mouser
Miscellaneous: Humans still take cats with them in their long voyages for company and pest control, though the pests they chase are somewhat more troublesome. This one stuck his head somewhere he wasn't supposed to and ended up here.

Find hiding spot. Watch others from hiding spot. Lick self.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2020, 05:14:05 pm »

Name: Sanitation And Maintenance Unit 37
Species: Roomba with extreme upgrades
Description: Unit 37 started out as a simple, circular roomba for the workspace of a certain scientist. Said scientist amused himself with upgrading unit 37 piece by piece, to enable it to take on more cleaning duties, and eventually general maintance as well. Now it looks like a bulky humanoid industrial frame, wearing a grey boilersuit with SANITATION in bold letters. It's only distinguising traits from your run of the mill industrial cleaning bot is that it has one flexible, extendible tentacle attached to the back (to clean those hard to reach spots) and that its head is a a recased Roomba with one big glowing camera for an eye. The tentacle has three gripper claws and an nozzle to dispense cleaning fluid.
Preferred atmosphere: Anything non-corrosive (and clean)
Previous occupation: Maintenance and sanitation bot, Roomba (formerly)
Miscellaneous: Has somehow picked up a rather dainty apron somewhere that it has been wearing while on the ship. It's a dainty shade of light purple and says "Chortle, Cherish, Clean".

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2020, 11:26:11 pm »

Welcome everyone. Please remember to post at least your character name in action posts. Species and other info might also be helpful. You can even spoiler your Character sheets, but I won't require it at the moment.

The eight of you convene in a dusty old conference room. there is only one functioning light, illuminating a quarter of the rounded, carpet paneled wall opposite the broken sliding door at the entrance. The door is stuck open about a foot, so some of you pass through easily, some squeeze to enter, and one or more of you are currently stuck outside the room, peeking in. Thre chairs are visible in the dim light of the single working wall light, arranged around the heavy wooden table, which, naturally, is slanted at about a 30 degree slope - the leg supporting one end having sunk into the floor at some point in the past.

A hologram appears above the grime on the table. it's features are indistinct in the dust - showing up mostly as a rounded cone of yellow light from a pinpoint in the ceiling, with a second rounded cone of light flickering occasionally into existence fro about three feet from the first. The effect of the second light is mostly an eyesore, but it provides an occasional 3d aspect to the hologram, bringing just enough detail into view to be slightly unsettling before flickering out again.

Find hiding spot. Watch others from hiding spot. Lick self.
Mr Koff tucks in under the still standing leg of the table and instantly regrets licking himself. The dust and grime of the ship leave an unpleasant acrid taste in his mouth. At least no one seems to be paying him any mind at the moment.

Greet the queen
((So, I see you were inspired by something said in, was it Ameripriseol? Random thoughts? The emotions thread? Wherever it was, good on you for making it a game))
The crewbot makes understanding the hologram even harder for everyone by ocnstantly attempting to greet it by affectionately bumping into it. Since it is a hologram, this results in a dizzying figure eight flight through the light beams, stirring the dust and generally making noise overthe tinny sound of the speakers fro which the AI is trying to communicate.

((I don't follow any of those threads. The inspiration for this was from Discord, where I was teasing Radio mercilessly, as is my habit.))

"BZZT! kshhh-rew assigne-grbblgrbbl ard and cle-zzzzz-uty. First priority is -kchnkclkclkclk-thal force not advised."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2020, 11:34:08 pm »

"We'll see what we can do with that," the bundle of eels mentions in a disturbingly musical voice, like a chorus of little birds singing around a princess.

Try to find a map of the ship somewhere. Ideally for technical things, power lines and processing locations, but even a simple "crew quarters here, bathrooms there" would be handy.

Spoiler: Sirirx (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2020, 01:09:29 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Explore the ship, and put anything shiny I happen to come across on my back

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2020, 01:27:55 am »

”sigh...I guess this is it for me. Always thought I’ll die in that old amada, but I guess this suits me well. Might as well see if there’s a bar around here“
.”

Explore the Ship in search of a bar or at least a canteen.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2020, 05:59:21 am »

"Well I have no idea what that thing was on about, hope it wasn't important."
Start looking around the ship and try to avoid any weak spots in the floor.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2020, 08:18:51 am »

Spoiler: Crewbot (click to show/hide)

Look for the speakers and try cleaning them somehow
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10