Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Roll to Errant [4/4]  (Read 4768 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Errant [4/4]
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2021, 10:16:35 pm »

What passion! Two dragons locked in a ritual to determine their suitability! Allow me to also partake!

Lady Tim challenges the dragons to a game to prove all their worth.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2021, 10:18:32 pm »

Um.

Raise an earthen wall to hopefully protect us. If it becomes viable, topple the wall on top of the dragons, hopefully crushing them to death.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2021, 03:25:54 pm »

"Tribe have saying for monster hunt. 'One monster, enough'. Mean that one beast feed tribe for season, two beast kill every hunter, tribe starve."

Retreat expeditiously!
[3]

You manage to retreat with only some minor injuries, though the Dragon's mock you rather horribly while doing so, and the caravan who was following the three of you quickly loses their nerve in the face of your embarrassing retreat.

What passion! Two dragons locked in a ritual to determine their suitability! Allow me to also partake!

Lady Tim challenges the dragons to a game to prove all their worth.

[1]
The Dragons are provoked into a great rage at your challenge, instead of accepting it, they decide to focus their fiery breath at you! Leaving you rather roasted, though they decide to simply leave it at humiliating you by turning you into a roasted Knight, for now.

Sir Lady Tim is now seriously injured! Continue fighting at your own peril!

Um.

Raise an earthen wall to hopefully protect us. If it becomes viable, topple the wall on top of the dragons, hopefully crushing them to death.
[2]

You begin raising your wall, but Sir Lady Tim's challenge invokes the Dragon's fury before you can finish. Your wall manages to shield you from the very worst of the fire, but not all of it.

Sir Greyson is now moderately injured! He can continue fighting, but it wouldn't be hard worsen his wounds!
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2021, 03:35:13 pm »

...I'm going to actually have to do this myself, aren't I. Hmn.

Raise an earthen spire from the ground, right into and up through the dragon's stomach and, hopefully, spine.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2021, 11:15:31 pm »

How incredibly convenient thought Wisenwald to himself. He had correctly calculated the highest density of the Eastern Vassal forces in the area, and forthwith made a direct path towards them. Truly, he thought, life would be much harder if he wasn't so incredibly intelligent. He makes a mental note to donate to the local orphanage/school/fishery that he's heard so much about. Yes, a midsized donation could decrease the average difficulty of life for each of the children by roughly 8% over the course of six decades if put towards the library/descaling station. Yes, that's what he'll do. Invest in the future of the children so they need not be burdened with such weights as stupidity. You know, I think that one pub, the one down by the pits, but not the smelly pits, the good pits, probably gets its fish fry fish from that orphanage. It's always so crispy, he thought, yet somehow their chips are soggy. They both go in the same cauldron, so there must be an explanation for the stark contrast in crispification outside the fact that their oil is 2.7 degrees too hot, he mused quietly to himself. Perhaps it's a density issue, or a lack of permeability on the part of those imported spuds from the South, always an inferior product those spuds, low soil acidity surely. Perhaps if he wrote a letter outlining proper lye distribution techniques through the irrigation lines...

Wisenwald will mindlessly walk by the ambush, mumbling incoherently about orphanages, proper oil temperature, and other such topics to himself like a madman.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2021, 07:12:43 am »

Educate the people around here on how to deal with hunting dragons if necessary, but advise them to maintain communications as to the whereabouts of the beasts and generally avoid contact.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2021, 08:48:30 am »

Recover from this misstep and show fire really doesn't hurt me, I was just acting. Of course Lady Tim knows how to deal with fire.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2021, 07:54:04 pm »

...I'm going to actually have to do this myself, aren't I. Hmn.

Raise an earthen spire from the ground, right into and up through the dragon's stomach and, hopefully, spine.
[3]

Sir Greyson's spire raises up and nicks the Dragon in the side! It doesn't do much damage, but does prevent it from continuing it's assault of fiery breath

How incredibly convenient thought Wisenwald to himself. He had correctly calculated the highest density of the Eastern Vassal forces in the area, and forthwith made a direct path towards them. Truly, he thought, life would be much harder if he wasn't so incredibly intelligent. He makes a mental note to donate to the local orphanage/school/fishery that he's heard so much about. Yes, a midsized donation could decrease the average difficulty of life for each of the children by roughly 8% over the course of six decades if put towards the library/descaling station. Yes, that's what he'll do. Invest in the future of the children so they need not be burdened with such weights as stupidity. You know, I think that one pub, the one down by the pits, but not the smelly pits, the good pits, probably gets its fish fry fish from that orphanage. It's always so crispy, he thought, yet somehow their chips are soggy. They both go in the same cauldron, so there must be an explanation for the stark contrast in crispification outside the fact that their oil is 2.7 degrees too hot, he mused quietly to himself. Perhaps it's a density issue, or a lack of permeability on the part of those imported spuds from the South, always an inferior product those spuds, low soil acidity surely. Perhaps if he wrote a letter outlining proper lye distribution techniques through the irrigation lines...

Wisenwald will mindlessly walk by the ambush, mumbling incoherently about orphanages, proper oil temperature, and other such topics to himself like a madman.
[2]

Sir Wisenwald's rambling, while surely the words of a genius, unfortunately are not appreciated by the scoundrel retainers of the Eastern Lords. He finds himself easily surrounded by them, making escape unlikely! -1 to escape attempts for this encounter

Educate the people around here on how to deal with hunting dragons if necessary, but advise them to maintain communications as to the whereabouts of the beasts and generally avoid contact.
[5]

'Sir' Grog successfully manages to gain control over the panicking Caravan, leading them away from danger and educating them on ways to better protect themselves from future Dragon encounters. Regaining some of their respect, and likely lessening the impact running away from the fight will have on their reputation.

Recover from this misstep and show fire really doesn't hurt me, I was just acting. Of course Lady Tim knows how to deal with fire.
[6]

Sir Lady Tim valiantly rises from the ashes of defeat! Proudly standing in defiance of her grievous wounds! In fact, the sight is so majestic that one of the Dragons becomes enamored with her! Quickly scooping her up and beginning to fly away, to add her to his hoard! Leaving only one Dragon focused on her, and the other on Sir Greyson. Sir Lady Tim pushes past the worst of her wounds, letting her recover somewhat. Allowing her to act as if she was only Moderately Wounded, for a time!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 07:56:18 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2021, 08:23:53 pm »

Hey look there's only one now.

Introduce the female dragon to blunt force trauma to stun it for a while.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2021, 10:03:14 pm »

Attempt to pelt the dragon with more stone spikes, as well as an array of blunter earthen projectiles.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2021, 07:18:03 pm »

Sir Wisenwald stops abruptly, finding himself rudely surrounded and in his infinite wisdom wondered: "I can't say I've ever seen anyone traverse the road like that. A ring, that is. Quite novel, but it does beg the question if you understand the proper and intricate premises of proper highway efficiency. I do say! I can't fathom the trafficology courses taught in the East, but I can tell you that whatever they told you is incorrect. Truly disgraceful, though through no fault of your own. It's an intricate topic actually, see for a proper economy, you need a road that is both sturdy and wide, so that goods and roads may pass in both directions at once. Take this road, the Queens Road. Goods flow in from East, to be sold in the Capitol. Money for those goods is then brought back along the same road, enriching the east. And even then, the goods are carted across the nation, bringing the craftsmanship of the East to the sun baked beaches to the South, and the Hinterlands just North. Truly they're the veins of our nation. It's really quite interesting, with proper bookkeeping, a single strand of Eastern cloth can be tracked to it's destination as a tie for Western Butcher's on the half hog hot roasts. There's a whole practice for it you know, 'Logistical Tracking,' quite fascinating really. Yet bandits and vagabonds plague these roads, cutting open those veins and spilling the blood of the nation through the theft of it's coin. And moreover, they damage the road to no end. No respect for the hard work of this nation's road builders. You know, Wisenwald thought to himself aloud, having already forgotten the ambush, perhaps the public servant is just truly not respected in the way it once was, in the days of King William. A time when those who built our roads, who delivered our messages, and who kept our people safe where respected for their contribution to their fellow man. Yet now, knights and lords, builders and messengers, all those 'In Service' are avoided in the streets and cast out by the ones they serve. Truly, it boggles the mind." It was at this point Wisenwald noticed the armored men around him."Oh! What rudeness of me, here I have babbled on to clear knights of good repute, please let me hear your opinion.

Wisenwald will surreptitiously dazzle the ambushers with how the East only makes money if it goes through the Capitol, followed by an appeal to a better time when these ambushers were more respected, and then ask their opinion.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2021, 08:29:05 pm »

Hey look there's only one now.

Introduce the female dragon to blunt force trauma to stun it for a while.

[1]

Sir Grog bravely begins a heroic charge!... only to trip on a rock and hit their head. -1 to next turns action, from the dizziness.

Attempt to pelt the dragon with more stone spikes, as well as an array of blunter earthen projectiles.

[2]

Sir Grey manages to unleash a rain of ruble at the dragon, but it is for not! The Dragon unleashes a powerful blow with it's wing, flinging the earthen projectiles away!

Sir Wisenwald stops abruptly, finding himself rudely surrounded and in his infinite wisdom wondered: "I can't say I've ever seen anyone traverse the road like that. A ring, that is. Quite novel, but it does beg the question if you understand the proper and intricate premises of proper highway efficiency. I do say! I can't fathom the trafficology courses taught in the East, but I can tell you that whatever they told you is incorrect. Truly disgraceful, though through no fault of your own. It's an intricate topic actually, see for a proper economy, you need a road that is both sturdy and wide, so that goods and roads may pass in both directions at once. Take this road, the Queens Road. Goods flow in from East, to be sold in the Capitol. Money for those goods is then brought back along the same road, enriching the east. And even then, the goods are carted across the nation, bringing the craftsmanship of the East to the sun baked beaches to the South, and the Hinterlands just North. Truly they're the veins of our nation. It's really quite interesting, with proper bookkeeping, a single strand of Eastern cloth can be tracked to it's destination as a tie for Western Butcher's on the half hog hot roasts. There's a whole practice for it you know, 'Logistical Tracking,' quite fascinating really. Yet bandits and vagabonds plague these roads, cutting open those veins and spilling the blood of the nation through the theft of it's coin. And moreover, they damage the road to no end. No respect for the hard work of this nation's road builders. You know, Wisenwald thought to himself aloud, having already forgotten the ambush, perhaps the public servant is just truly not respected in the way it once was, in the days of King William. A time when those who built our roads, who delivered our messages, and who kept our people safe where respected for their contribution to their fellow man. Yet now, knights and lords, builders and messengers, all those 'In Service' are avoided in the streets and cast out by the ones they serve. Truly, it boggles the mind." It was at this point Wisenwald noticed the armored men around him."Oh! What rudeness of me, here I have babbled on to clear knights of good repute, please let me hear your opinion.

Wisenwald will surreptitiously dazzle the ambushers with how the East only makes money if it goes through the Capitol, followed by an appeal to a better time when these ambushers were more respected, and then ask their opinion.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

[6]

The ambushers stare at Sir Wisenwald in silence for a few moment... Then burst into enthused cheer! Amazed at his many fancy words, they've come to the conclusion that he is some sort of noble genius! They quickly surround Sir Wisenwald further and proclaim him Marshal of the East! While this does give him a force to work with, it destroys any hope of a diplomatic solution with the Eastern Lords, their pride likely to be severely stinging at some random capital Knight being proclaimed such a prestigious title by their own men, and the men at arms don't seem like they'll be taking no for an answer.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2021, 08:36:55 pm »

This isn’t what I trained for, damnit!

Attempt to stuff earth down the dragon’s throat, preventing it from breathing fire and potentially suffocating it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2021, 12:06:09 am »

Do nothing.
Pages: 1 [2]