Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Mold Farmers in Space  (Read 38690 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Mold Farmers in Space
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2021, 04:34:40 pm »

Unit 37 snaps out of it's cleaning glee induced haze
"Yes, this will do nicely"

Take the Industrial Pine Fresh and Institutional Scrubbing Bubble-like Foam Spray and Windex, and head over to the medbay. Once there, commence Deep Cleaning programs and set about it getting it CLEAN™

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2021, 07:28:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Find some matches or a blowtorch and light the oil on fire, exiting the room as soon as the flames take effect

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2021, 11:45:01 pm »

Captain Sirirx snaps out of his ammonia reverie.

"Right, time for leadership!"

Try to find the ship's bridge, cockpit, command deck, or other area wherein a captain is expected to sit or meander about barking orders.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2021, 01:14:15 am »

Curious of this new discovery, Cog clears the grime around the hatch then goes to push it open while trying to be careful not to make too much noise. Cog hates disturbing the cute but also delicious cockroaches from their nap-naps.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2021, 07:27:31 am »

"Oh shit I ripped off on of my own antlers I think I'm starting to lose it, god I hope I can put it back."
Go try to find the crew quarters so I can rest, failing that just find a decent looking chair.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2021, 04:24:42 pm »

Zygomuc goes forth to consume the nearest source of petroleum products, plastic or otherwise. This includes oil based creatures, if any are about.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2021, 12:42:29 am »

(Hello?)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
In Which: plot happens
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2021, 01:46:07 am »

"Kyu em?"

I shrug off the name and just went about my business. I pop open the booze and chugged it down as I stroll through the lit corridors waiting for some plot related shit barge my way.
(4) you get drunk. the booze is not the greatest, but what you drink is mostly not horrible vinegar. Wait for plot. eh? (5) Plot happens! You are alerted by the hologram ... A hologram anyway, that an incoming message has been received regarding cargo transfer and payment and the like. that sounds like a job for shipping and receiving to your drunk self. The hologram asserts that you are shipping and receiving. There's an addendum on the note. something about weapons fire.
While you are busy arguing that weapons fire isn't your job, you are hauled by a spacesuit full of eels to the command deck.

Unit 37 snaps out of it's cleaning glee induced haze
"Yes, this will do nicely"

Take the Industrial Pine Fresh and Institutional Scrubbing Bubble-like Foam Spray and Windex, and head over to the medbay. Once there, commence Deep Cleaning programs and set about it getting it CLEAN™

(6) you tread on over to the medbay, fully stocked and ready for business. You quickly toss all teh useless organics out, crustacean or otherwise, and do unholy battle with the worst corrosive oil spill this side of the last ship you stationed in. After several hours, you emerge victorious and the stains are no more. the room is clean and empty. Maybe a bit TOO empty, on account of the beds, consoles, and dispensaries you chucked unceremoniously into a pile in the hallway outside the medbay. no mater, this place is now sparkling.

Find some matches or a blowtorch and light the oil on fire, exiting the room as soon as the flames take effect
You are, fortunately, interrupted by an actual cleaning robot, which comes in, tosses you out on your shell, and rolls up it's metaphorical sleeves to get to work. Once you've righted yourself, you are made busy dodging the various bits of equipment and trash thrown out of the medbay by the overzealous cleaning bot in its war against everything this ship stands for. You are rewarded at the end with a gloriously shiny, if utterly empty, medbay.

Captain Sirirx snaps out of his ammonia reverie.

"Right, time for leadership!"

Try to find the ship's bridge, cockpit, command deck, or other area wherein a captain is expected to sit or meander about barking orders.

(5) you wander about, barking orders at no one in particular for a bit. In the midst of your authoritative spiel, you chance upon the sight of an amorphous hologram arguing with a total drunk about "duty ... gunfire ... stocks ... merchants ... looting ... prepare to be boarded ... " this sounds very official, and therefore, very much your business. The Hologram turns to you, resolves into one of those classic damsel in distress images, wailing about her only hope. You order her to show you to the command location, which she does. A screen flickers to pixelated and grimy life. The image of a tidy, stern, and imposing figure fills the screen, making demands about "ceasing hostilities" and "examining the cargo hold" and "if you value your lives" and the like. Standard interstellar greetings, really.

Curious of this new discovery, Cog clears the grime around the hatch then goes to push it open while trying to be careful not to make too much noise. Cog hates disturbing the cute but also delicious cockroaches from their nap-naps.
(3) you shove the door open, barely catching a stack of pots as they tilt over. the door makes a horrendous screeching sound as it creaks to the side, but nothing bigger than a mouse responds. You peer around at the familiar room made unfamiliar by the light: so that was indeed some kind of moss or lichen hanging from the ceiling, and not insulation gone bad. You knew that wasn't the source of your severe stomach pains and explosive diarrhea. It must have been the mushrooms, which, on clearer inspection, are bright red with lime green spots, which slowly ooze, until they drip onto the counter, leaving noticeable trenches in the laminate surface. Your brood leader always told you to avoid eating anything that can eat a countertop.

"Oh shit I ripped off on of my own antlers I think I'm starting to lose it, god I hope I can put it back."
Go try to find the crew quarters so I can rest, failing that just find a decent looking chair.
(5) You find the crew quarters and locate a room that has an actual bed with mattress. sure, the mattress is lumpy, smells of mildew, and is torn in six different places, but it's soft-ish and you fall asleep almost immediately. You even find a blanket of some description to pull over your shoulders, but not over much else.

Zygomuc goes forth to consume the nearest source of petroleum products, plastic or otherwise. This includes oil based creatures, if any are about.
(1) Zygomuc ends up inside a large resealable plastecine bag. His enemies are always one step ahead, it seems.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2021, 02:17:00 am »

With the medbay sparkling, how about I find something else to clean up while steering clear of that robot

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2021, 08:01:44 am »

Continue to sleep and hope my injuries heal.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2021, 01:32:24 pm »

Cog giving up on being quiet, unceremoniously climbs out of the shaft and drops to the floor. Finally having a better view of the room the little goblin searches for anything interesting to shove in his pockets. Cog likes shiny-shines.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2021, 09:39:47 am »

Plasticine still has petroleum jelly in it! Zygomuc consumes and break down the bag into a pile of salts and acids, consuming the petroleum jelly in the process!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2021, 03:03:18 pm »

Find a mouse to kill. Or a rat. Or some other small creature. Preferably not a player. Then bring that to the hologram and teach it how to hunt.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2021, 07:59:19 pm »

Start drunkly hit random buttons at the command deck. While singing a pop galactic music.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
In Which: Diplomacy is abbreviated, violently
« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2021, 09:26:14 pm »

With the medbay sparkling, how about I find something else to clean up while steering clear of that robot
(6) you begin shuffling all the debris out of the hallway into what is either a large closet, a small conference room, or a crew cabin, stashingthe shinier bits on top and making a sort of cave to crawl in as well.

Continue to sleep and hope my injuries heal.
(6) they are healed. You wake up in a giant debris pile, but not the one the crab was making. No, this one looks like it's in a garbage chute. The kind that "recycles" waste by chucking it into the void, or at a planet, or into the heart of a star or singularity. You feel pretty good, really, but are growing rathercurious as to just how functional this part of the ship might be.

Cog giving up on being quiet, unceremoniously climbs out of the shaft and drops to the floor. Finally having a better view of the room the little goblin searches for anything interesting to shove in his pockets. Cog likes shiny-shines.
(5)You find a packet of something that sparkles brightly for a while when two bits of it are smushed together, and a holobook that is an instruction manual for operating a microwave. the holobook is cheerful and energetic, and has many sub tutorials for things like cooking instant meals, preparing poultry, cleaning and maintenance of the microwave, microwaving live creatures (with a list of creatures that do fit into a standard microwave), and what to do in case you microwaved a spoon or something and burned down the kitchen.

Plasticine still has petroleum jelly in it! Zygomuc consumes and break down the bag into a pile of salts and acids, consuming the petroleum jelly in the process!
(5) done and done. You shlorp aside the by-products of your consumption for later use and revel in the energy and mass you have consumed.

Find a mouse to kill. Or a rat. Or some other small creature. Preferably not a player. Then bring that to the hologram and teach it how to hunt.
(2) You kill a mouse and go looking for the hologram, but it is nowhere to be found. You deposit the corpse on top a projector bubble.

Start drunkly hit random buttons at the command deck. While singing a pop galactic music.
(4) yes. Well.

[1] yes. well.

Klaxons begin sounding loudly throughout the ship. For the sapient among you, words like "INCOMING MISSILE FIRE" and "PREPARE TO BE BOARDED" and "IMMINENT DRIVE FAILURE" raise some concerns. for the less intelligent among you, the sounds and lights are loud, bright, extremely annoying, and potentially seizure inducing. All in all, it looks like the ship is about to have a very bad day.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10