Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Mold Farmers in Space  (Read 42249 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Mold Farmers in Space
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2021, 02:11:41 am »

consume and grow to critical mass, then fill the largest room possible with spores to propagate my species of mobile, petroleum consuming mold across the entire ship!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2021, 05:01:32 am »

Use the flashlight on my phone to figure out where the exit is, then use it to get out of here.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2021, 02:56:38 pm »

Scurry back to that navigation room and see what the ship is freaking out about now...

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2021, 04:04:19 pm »

Run away from the scary/annoying loud noise to my safe space ((which hopefully conveniently happens to be near the place boarders will board so that I can watch them))

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2021, 06:12:25 pm »

Cog forgetting he's essentially a stowaway decides to run out of the room in panic after shoving the holobook in his back pocket and the two shiny-smooshy thingumajigs into his jacket pocket. "AAAGH," Cog runs in circles panicked by the bright lights and sirens "Cog just wanted shiny-shine! Cog do better clean job! No shoot Cog out airlock" he pleads to the blaring sirens and strobing lights as he continues freaking out.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 06:14:57 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2021, 04:24:31 am »

consume and grow to critical mass, then fill the largest room possible with spores to propagate my species of mobile, petroleum consuming mold across the entire ship!
(3) you get intermingled with the mold that is already the dominant life form on the ship. You find it hard to tell where you begin and The EntityTM ends. SOme lettuce in the fridge is grazing on you.

Use the flashlight on my phone to figure out where the exit is, then use it to get out of here.
(4) You find a maintenance access grate at the top of a recessed ladder on one wall. The ladder is, naturally, slick with slime, but you make a handy debris pile and climb up to the grate, turn the handle, turn your head sideways, and wriggle into the accessway. It's awkward going with your head sideways to accomodate your antlers, but luckioly for you you have eyes on the side of your head so you can see ahead reasonably well. There's gotta be a hosing off room somewhere up ahead, right?

Scurry back to that navigation room and see what the ship is freaking out about now...
(1) the hologram is just laying there on the table, sobbing uncontrollably, sending virtual dust flying with her desparate hiccoughs, black streaks of tearstained soot running down her luminescent face. Well, that's no help at all.

Run away from the scary/annoying loud noise to my safe space ((which hopefully conveniently happens to be near the place boarders will board so that I can watch them))
(1) You scurry into a safe hole and end up in a face off with a possum. Do all possums mouths open that wide, or is this some sort of needle toothed demon straight from the land of rocking chairs?

Cog forgetting he's essentially a stowaway decides to run out of the room in panic after shoving the holobook in his back pocket and the two shiny-smooshy thingumajigs into his jacket pocket. "AAAGH," Cog runs in circles panicked by the bright lights and sirens "Cog just wanted shiny-shine! Cog do better clean job! No shoot Cog out airlock" he pleads to the blaring sirens and strobing lights as he continues freaking out.
running in circles, check. shouting and begging for his life? Check. Panic and lose his mind? You .. you bolded this. I gotta roll it. (4) Cog freaks out so hard he runs straight to the airlock and begins licking the glass window babbling about hygiene and the survival rate of sirens. He wets himself completely and strips whatever lower body garments he was wearing to spread the ... cleansing ... around the airlock door, the walls nearby, the floor, and his own head. Oddly, a hologram of a Female Goblin accompanies him on this task, waving around a dirty upper body garment and hooting like an owl while whining about bright lights and dim crewmates.

alright, no one has either fired on, communicatred with, or somehow placated the boarders so I gotta roll some thingums
First, just how aggressively do tehy disable the ship's weapons or whatever? (6) Good news/bad news. They do not violently disable the ships weapons at all. The weapons simply stop firing. All the holograms go rigid, frozen in whatever pose th3ey had: goblin mid hoot, bra mid swing, tear streaked girl mid sob, snot arcing dramatically from her nose, directional light displays frozen mid rotation, pointed God-knows-where, flight safety demonstrators frozen mid asphyxiation routine. And then the engi8ne shuts down and the lights and gravity go out.

Now, how aggressively do they board? (1) There is a loud explosion. Like really really fucking loud. Like, everyone is stunned for a while: eels, goblin, cat, drone, possum, even the mold is startled into sporelessness. And then the air pressure drops. and then the "exposed to vacuum" alarms start before a bunch of airlocks seal up - most notably in the direction of cargo, armory, assuming this thing had that, and the bar, which this thing definitely had.

So, to sum up:
air pressure is dangerously low and you all need to find or utilize whatever space gear you have available
lights: out
gravity: off
ship['s A.I. silent and dark
cargo bay: exposed to vacuum
boarders: present - but not where you guys are.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2021, 09:14:48 am »

Go find my self a space suit that will fit so I can breathe until the air is fixed, or at least a bowl full of water I can put on my head and make sure it doesn’t spill

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2021, 03:21:27 am »

"Oh god I'm gonna die!"
For get about washing off I need to find a space suit.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2021, 03:50:36 pm »

zygomuc senses the drop in pressure, and tries to find some sort of container with an airtight seal for self-preservation. He might have to shed some of his mass, but that's only if nothing of suitable size for his current form can be found.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2021, 01:52:15 pm »

Still freaking out Cog scrambles to find a space suit.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Mold Farmers in Space: what remains
« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2021, 08:59:27 pm »

The four of you get into some kind of space gear, thereby weathering the ... weather.

After a bit of banging and shuffling, the invaders eventually go quiet. The ship is in atmospheric breech lockdown, and the computer is still silent.

current group objectives (act on these or not, up to you)
1) repair hull breech
2) investigate (and repel) invaders
3) restore atmosphere and remove lockdown
4) reboot the A.I

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2021, 11:11:01 pm »

Restore A. I

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2021, 03:13:23 am »

"We're so screwed."
Look for some kind of welding equipment so I can try to fix the holes in the hull.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 06, 2021, 10:27:02 pm »

Exercise caution as I search for the invaders. Pick up an available weapon should I happen to come across one. If not, my claws should work fine for hand to hand—er—claw combat

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2021, 06:00:09 am »

zygomuc finds his current predicament to be quite cramped. Their first goal is to get the atmosphere repressurized and the leak causing this issue patched. Little else matters to them at this time.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10