Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Mold Farmers in Space  (Read 42265 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mold Farmers in Space
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 09:18:23 am »

Wander off to see if I can find a plasma torch/thrower. Ships have those right?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2020, 10:36:27 am »

"Mrh! Koff koff!" Koff complained and coughed and gagged and shook his head.
Once he found an opening, he scampered out of the annoying room and went exploring, using his ears and nose to search for something to eat and/or stalk and/or play with.

Spoiler: Mr. Koff (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2020, 10:43:09 am »

"Hello, fellow crew!" the bot says in a rather cheerful, synthesized voice, even as half of the crew are already leaving the room
"I am Unit 37, here to help you with all your cleaning, maintenance and ERROR, INSUFFICIENT USER PRIVILEGES problems! Just give me a holler if anything is awry!"

Check out the hologram emitter on this table. See if I can't clean or repair it a bit so that at least the sound comes through better.

Then go search for the cleaning and/or maintenance supply room on the ship. Try and find some tools and chemicals that will help clean up all these nasty stains and mold

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 10:53:47 am by Pancaek »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2020, 10:46:31 am »

Unit 37, the Queen has trouble communicating, I think there’s something wrong

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2020, 10:52:48 am »

Unit 37, the Queen has trouble communicating, I think there’s something wrong
"That sounds awful, red level user! I will look into it right away!"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
In which: half the crew gets lost. The rest remain lost, but slightly less so.
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2020, 10:50:55 pm »

"We'll see what we can do with that," the bundle of eels mentions in a disturbingly musical voice, like a chorus of little birds singing around a princess.

Try to find a map of the ship somewhere. Ideally for technical things, power lines and processing locations, but even a simple "crew quarters here, bathrooms there" would be handy.

Spoiler: Sirirx (click to show/hide)
(5) you don't find a map in the conference room, but you do find ancient lighted strips along the walls that direct people to various points of interest. Naturally, most of the strips are unlighted, covered in mold, or missing. Fun fact: you know the Ship is a long, fat cylinder, like a lumpy soda can. Gravity pulls everything outward toward the rounded hull, but not due to rotation. somethng about the central, stick shaped engine pushes gravity outward radially.

Your suit has (6)  turns of beathable ammonia. this counts as one turn.

Explore the ship, and put anything shiny I happen to come across on my back
(6) you wander off and find a large, sparkly crystal. you place it on your back securely. It makes a loud, crystally tingling sound. It is very heavy. You move on, slowly dragging yourself through the muck, slipping and sliding as you go.

”sigh...I guess this is it for me. Always thought I’ll die in that old amada, but I guess this suits me well. Might as well see if there’s a bar around here“
.”

Explore the Ship in search of a bar or at least a canteen.

(1) you immediately get lost in the darkness. You step in something squishy. there are strange, chittering sounds nearby.

"Well I have no idea what that thing was on about, hope it wasn't important."
Start looking around the ship and try to avoid any weak spots in the floor.
(1) you also nearly immediately get lost in the darkness. Careful as yu are, you still manage to slip in the slime and fall through what is presumably a hole in the floor. There is an acrid smell in this area, like burning rubber.

Spoiler: Crewbot (click to show/hide)

Look for the speakers and try cleaning them somehow
(1) You find the speakers, but your fiddling muffles the sound, which quickly turns into the sound of choking and gagging before falling eerily silent. Your ammonia processor unit has (6) turns of function, including this one.

Wander off to see if I can find a plasma torch/thrower. Ships have those right?
(3) you think a ship of this size probably has at least one of those somewhere. Probably in the kitchen. Or engineering. You find markings along a wall that direct you in the general direction of engineering.

"Mrh! Koff koff!" Koff complained and coughed and gagged and shook his head.
Once he found an opening, he scampered out of the annoying room and went exploring, using his ears and nose to search for something to eat and/or stalk and/or play with.

Spoiler: Mr. Koff (click to show/hide)
(3) you find the smells of one of humanity's oldest companions: mice. You don't locate any immediately, but you know the ship is at least 'alive' somewhat.

"Hello, fellow crew!" the bot says in a rather cheerful, synthesized voice, even as half of the crew are already leaving the room
"I am Unit 37, here to help you with all your cleaning, maintenance and ERROR, INSUFFICIENT USER PRIVILEGES problems! Just give me a holler if anything is awry!"

Check out the hologram emitter on this table. See if I can't clean or repair it a bit so that at least the sound comes through better.

Then go search for the cleaning and/or maintenance supply room on the ship. Try and find some tools and chemicals that will help clean up all these nasty stains and mold

(3) the holographic emitters (the ones that are currently active, that is) are located in the ceiling above the table. You manage to smear a bit of the gunk away from them, revealing a third functioning emitter. You look again at the hologram and it resolves itself into a female humanoid form. she is clutching her throat and waving, eyes bugged out, mouth agape. She falls to her knees, two feet above the slanted surface of the table, and holds a hand out, pleadingly.

Spoiler: Ship Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crew Positions (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2020, 11:08:22 pm »

"Oh dear. I'll need to find a way to flood the ship with ammonia immediately!"

Try to find life support, ideally using those lighted strips.

Spoiler: Sirix (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2020, 11:27:43 pm »

"Great, what luck.."

I'll draw a laser pistol from my waist line and stealthy move forward in search of that bar.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2020, 11:29:50 pm »

”Hrrrgh!”

Find a place to store my amazing find, since it’s so heavy, and call the place my “lair”

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2020, 05:47:38 am »

"Damn it, this place is such a piece of shit."
Check my pockets and see if I still have my phone on me then use the flashlight on it to see where I've fallen.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2020, 06:12:52 am »

Get away from the speakers, check if they work, if not, try reversing what I did that messed them up, look for something that could be a source of ammonia
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 06:28:45 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2020, 12:42:10 pm »

Rise from the grime and try to find why the atmosphere is getting thin.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 01:01:54 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2020, 12:45:13 pm »

((you can post an action too))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2020, 06:06:26 pm »

See if I can help get the speakers back in working order. If unscuccesful try to locate a different set of speakers to reroute the ship AI to.

If speakers are a no-go, ask the AI if it can't just project text instead of projecting its body. If not for some reason, find a screen for the AI to connect to so it can use text to communicate instead.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2020, 06:40:32 pm »

Continue to search for plasma torch/thrower in engineering.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10