Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Mold Farmers in Space  (Read 38680 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Mold Farmers in Space
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2020, 02:11:45 am »

Hunt/Wait for mice for a while. If that doesn't pan out, then go watch one of the other crewmates, maybe they have food or something to play with.

Spoiler: Mr. Koff (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
In Which we discover light and sound
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2020, 08:39:15 pm »

"Oh dear. I'll need to find a way to flood the ship with ammonia immediately!"

Try to find life support, ideally using those lighted strips.

Spoiler: Sirix (click to show/hide)
(2) You end up in what appears to be a convenience store of some sort. there are lots of vending machines, their tasty goodness taunting you fro mbehind the space glass display screens. You eye a pungeant shrimp casserole sandwich hungrily.

"Great, what luck.."

I'll draw a laser pistol from my waist line and stealthy move forward in search of that bar.
(6) You pull out your old smuggler shootin' gun. A warning light blinks alarmingly on the pistol (on a small display panel where the hammer wold be in a revolver). fiddling with the settings, you fire off a sudden, bright burst that strikes a door panel a dozen feet away, sending a shower of sparks and triggering an emergency klaxon and red flashing lights. Hey, you've got light now!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

”Hrrrgh!”

Find a place to store my amazing find, since it’s so heavy, and call the place my “lair”
(6) You scamper a couple dozen feet, up a small hill, and find a nice cool alcove. As you try to stuff the shiny into the alcove, it suddenly lifts from your back and gets all shiny, like with real light. It nestles inside a slot that seems designed for it, and the entire room illuminates, with blinking lights, shiny screens, and mold everywhere.

(7) A hologram appears in the room, of a silver orb on a metallic neck. "Welcome back, David. We are currently orbiting 34921-7 gamma. Curious, the planet seems %1 larger than at last examination. Do you wish to change course?"

"Damn it, this place is such a piece of shit."
Check my pockets and see if I still have my phone on me then use the flashlight on it to see where I've fallen.
(6) You pull out your phone and fumble it on, shining your light around. The sudden illumination blinds you and you blink several times, waiting for your sight to readjust. as you do, you hear your voice chime: "Seventy-Five gallons of industrial lard purchase: CONFIRMED. Your confirmation # will be emailed to the linked address. Your balance has been adjusted. You are now fourteen hundred and seventy two credits in the red. All payments rendered will be taken until your account balances."

Your eyes adjust and you see that you fell down a ship's ladder into a lower hallway. the omnipresent dust in the air is accompanied by a definitive black smoke. The source of the thin smoke seems to be somewhere further down the hall, where a second hall intersects this one.

Get away from the speakers, check if they work, if not, try reversing what I did that messed them up, look for something that could be a source of ammonia
(5) you back away from the speakers, bumping into Unit 37 with a dull clang. You realize that the speakers are now clogged with slime and float forward to suck the slime out of hte holes. When you do, the Speakers make a loud sound like the long inhale of a breath, then cough several times loudly. "I'm good, I'm -cough - ... gimme a se- cough a seco -cough- w-wait ... -cough cough- Okay, okay that's better. ugh, I gotta brush my teeth, that's just nasty. Bleagh." (see Pancaek's turn for the continuation here)

Rise from the grime and try to find why the atmosphere is getting thin.
(6) You rise from the mold and are immediately sucked into an atmospheric scrubber. Fortunately for your immediate survival, the scrubber is not operational. This is also a clue as to why the air is getting thin. The place is in such disrepair that the mold is gaining sentience.

See if I can help get the speakers back in working order. If unscuccesful try to locate a different set of speakers to reroute the ship AI to.

If speakers are a no-go, ask the AI if it can't just project text instead of projecting its body. If not for some reason, find a screen for the AI to connect to so it can use text to communicate instead.

(1) you produce a brushing utensil and thrust it into the speaker holes. the AI makes several choking and gurgling noises. The hologram froths at the mouth. While cleaning one of the speaker holes, you hear a loud POP, followed by a dull buzzing. A short tingle runs up your brush attachment and the smell of burnt electronics puffs into the room.
When the AI speaks again, its voice is rusty and rough, accompanied by the dull buzz of a broken speaker: "EEK! What are you doing? Not so rough. I think you chipped a tooth. Computer, make an appointment with my dentist. Thursday's no good. Next Tuesday? aww. I guess I can hold out until then." You recieve a notification chime on your communication suite. apparently, you have a dental appointment on Tuesday. "Now then. Welcome to the meeting everyone. Our first order of business is to introduce ourselves. It's important for the officers to have good communi-" The hologram looks around the room, then swings it's arms down and stamps its foot, sending an improbable gust of dust floating through the air. "H-hey! Where is everyone? You're all late! This is terrible!"

Continue to search for plasma torch/thrower in engineering.
(5) you manage to locate an engineering section. The door is even open enough to squeeze through.It's pretty dark in here though. You can't see enough to tell a plasma arc thrower from a neutronium rod disosolver.

Hunt/Wait for mice for a while. If that doesn't pan out, then go watch one of the other crewmates, maybe they have food or something to play with.

(5) you do indeed catch a few mice. Well, that's one crewperson fed. As for followingthe others -well, you'll have to be morespecific, since, you know, they're aalmost all in diffferent places by now.

In The area around the conference room, emergency lighting and klaxons have been triggered. a few of you are outside the area of the alarm and are still blind, but most of you now have sufficient light no navigate by.Also the alarms are annoyingly loud.

Spoiler: Ship Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crew Positions (click to show/hide)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2020, 08:54:24 pm »

clearly the issue is that there is a leak in the air scrubber. Try to find some debris to plug the hole That I am being pulled to. Zygomuc hates leaks.
Edit: Life support is listed twice in the spoilers.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:56:45 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2020, 09:38:53 pm »

Crewbot:
Make my way to where the crew mates are meeting
Hello, I’m Crewbot

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2020, 10:59:10 pm »

"Okay so technically I'm suffocating to death but maybe I can just REAL QUICK grab a bite to eat."

Try to jimmy loose that shrimp casserole sandwich, then scurry into the vents and wriggle through it until I hit life support. If I'm too bulky to fit in the vents, backtrack on foot looking for life support.

Spoiler: Sirirx, Bundle of Eels (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2020, 03:00:10 am »

"What the hell would you do with that much lard?"
Follow the smoke and see where it's coming from.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2020, 03:06:31 am »

Rosomio gives a half sleepy smile, " ¡Buenísimo! Guess that solve the light problem."

Rosomio tries to make out his surroundings.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2020, 10:59:01 am »

”No no, that’s quite alright. Just keep a steady orbit around this planet until further notice.”
Make my way back to the conference room with the choking hologram to see if they made any progress yet

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2020, 11:01:52 am »

If I can't find one, make one. Can't be that hard right? Hopefully I can find one.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2020, 01:53:20 pm »

Get a dead mouse's remains and bring them to that eel suit (or to the conference room, if I can't find the suit). Present the mouse and meow until someone pays attention to me.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2020, 02:16:52 pm »

"Do not worry, friend computer, most of the crew have already introduced themselves to eachother while you were in disrepair and are now taking actions of their own volition! I am Unit 37, cleaning, maintenance and ERROR, INSUFFICIENT USER PRIVILIGES robot! As a green level user, you may assign me practically any cleaning and/or maintanance task that you wish! Is there anything I can do for you right now?"
Converse with the ship AI a bit.

If it assigns me a cleaning and/or maintenance task, go and do that to the best of my abilities.
If it does not assign me a task, go search the ship for the maintenance section. Surely a ship such as this must have a bunch of maintenance and/or cleaning gear laying about?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
In which: progress is made but nothing is resolved.
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2020, 09:21:04 pm »

clearly the issue is that there is a leak in the air scrubber. Try to find some debris to plug the hole That I am being pulled to. Zygomuc hates leaks.
Edit: Life support is listed twice in the spoilers.
(4) you clump up all the debris in the air scrubber and pile it in front of the filter. The filter strains for a moment, then the air pressure drops noticeably. "Warning. Change Filter Soon. Warning. Change filter soon." An alarm sounds and the air intake cuts out with a dull whine. You climb out of the filter, satisfied wiht a job well done.

Crewbot:
Make my way to where the crew mates are meeting
Hello, I’m Crewbot
What? what crewmates? What meeting? Who are you talking about? Where do you think yu are? where do you think everyone else is?
(4) you spin in a circle and address the one 'crewperson' that has not scattered to the four winds at the first opportunity - the big clunky robot with a roomba for a head.
(you are on, like, 4 turns of ammonia right now)

"Okay so technically I'm suffocating to death but maybe I can just REAL QUICK grab a bite to eat."

Try to jimmy loose that shrimp casserole sandwich, then scurry into the vents and wriggle through it until I hit life support. If I'm too bulky to fit in the vents, backtrack on foot looking for life support.

Spoiler: Sirirx, Bundle of Eels (click to show/hide)
(4 )you shake the vending machine violently for a few minutes, apologizing to Ms. Jackson the whole time for some reason. at long last, a stale flat artificial meat substitute patty covered in pristine artificial imitation cheese substitute, all wrapped in an impressively sturdy mold casing drops into the vending slot. That done, you go looking for 'life support.'
(2) first off, yes, you are too big to fit through the vents. They aren't designed for crew sized particles to pass freely through. What do you think this is, Nakatomi Plaza? Second off, you wipe down one of the more complete sets of colored lines and none of them specify 'life support.' You wonder why. There's entries for things like sewage control and food synthesis and maintenance, but nothing with big red letters saying Life Support. How old and archaic is this stupid trash heap anyway?

Suddenly, your vision is full of dead mammal, claws, and butthole. A loud yawling fills your audio receptacles.

"What the hell would you do with that much lard?"
Follow the smoke and see where it's coming from.
You round the corner. turns out, this wasn't a cross hall after all, but two rooms across the hall from each other. this one appears to be a workstation of some kind, with three crew positions arranged in an arc, the smoke seems to be coming from a panel at the left crew station. The center crew station is sparking merrily, and the right station's interface screen is flickering morosely.

Rosomio gives a half sleepy smile, " ¡Buenísimo! Guess that solve the light problem."

Rosomio tries to make out his surroundings.

(5) you are in the general operations sector, apparently. each of the doors along this arc of tunnel have technical sounding names like "mechanical systems maintenance and override" "electrical advanced engineering suite" and "janitor."

”No no, that’s quite alright. Just keep a steady orbit around this planet until further notice.”
Make my way back to the conference room with the choking hologram to see if they made any progress yet
"Okie Dokie, Nerd. hah hah!" the hologram taunts as you scuttle away. You return to the meeting hall. The AI seems ... stable now, anyway. The only other ones here are the floating ball and the robot.

If I can't find one, make one. Can't be that hard right? Hopefully I can find one.
I ... You ... oh right, plasma torch or something like that. Look you, you gotta be a little more specific than just "look for or make a thing." I barely remember where you are, let alone what you are doing from turn to turn. Let's see. Ah, fumbling in the dark. Okay. (3) (2) you feel about for a bit. all you find is slime, hard corners, and thick dust.

Get a dead mouse's remains and bring them to that eel suit (or to the conference room, if I can't find the suit). Present the mouse and meow until someone pays attention to me.

How the hell did you get hold of my playbook? Lessee, the eelsuit didn't get too far. I'll roll for it. (6) You find the eelsuit and leap up to present your find, landing squarely on it's shoulder and plopping the semievicerated rodent onto the faceplate. That should get you some attention, probably.

"Do not worry, friend computer, most of the crew have already introduced themselves to eachother while you were in disrepair and are now taking actions of their own volition! I am Unit 37, cleaning, maintenance and ERROR, INSUFFICIENT USER PRIVILIGES robot! As a green level user, you may assign me practically any cleaning and/or maintanance task that you wish! Is there anything I can do for you right now?"
Converse with the ship AI a bit.

If it assigns me a cleaning and/or maintenance task, go and do that to the best of my abilities.
If it does not assign me a task, go search the ship for the maintenance section. Surely a ship such as this must have a bunch of maintenance and/or cleaning gear laying about?

"Yes! Yes! I have loads of tasks to assign! Off on their own volition? this just won't do! Someone  has to fill out the forms. A high grade thermonuclear submarine doesn't run on dreams and spackle, you know! Well, never mind that. Tasks, tasks ..." (6) You receive a laundry list of maintenance and cleaning tasks, not least of which is "laundry." It is in no apparent order, and there are dozens, maybe hundreds of tasks in the list. "By the Way, I should have said earlier, but  Iadore that apron. Does it come in chartreuse?"

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2020, 09:33:22 pm »

This is the engineering section right? Why is there nothing here?

Go and try the kitchen next I guess.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2020, 09:40:19 pm »

this calls for celebration for preventing everything from being sucked out into the void! Zygomuc goes to find something organic to sink their mycelium into for nutrients and mass.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2020, 09:45:37 pm »

Crewbot
Find a place with lots of chemicals, and mix some together hopefully producing ammonia
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10