Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Mold Farmers in Space  (Read 42406 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Mold Farmers in Space
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2020, 10:00:58 pm »

"Yes yes, nice protein factory. Not now, must find a way to avoid suffocation."

Pet the yowling butthole and try to find an engineering section or the like. If there's no formal place to pump ammonia into the vents, I'll have to make do with synthesizing or harvesting it from somewhere else in the ship.

Take kitty and its prize with me, of course.

Spoiler: Sirirx, Bundle of Eels (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2020, 10:38:19 pm »

Knowledge check:

Rosomio growing up in a space station gives him a general knowledge on how a space station should work. Rosomio will try to identify which of the doors in around him leads to power generator and try to get the power up and running again.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2020, 12:17:38 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

”Ah, good, you’re talking now, shiny translucent projection. You might be somewhat happy to know that I have managed to get the navigation up and running. However, I have to admit I think this place is generally dull and nasty. Perhaps you have some knowledge of the issue?”
Speak with the hologram, indirectly asking for a task

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2020, 03:15:47 am »

"Oh god I'm gonna die here."
Try to find a way to ether unplug or turn off the smoking and sparking things.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2020, 05:33:28 pm »

Be the parrot-cat! Shoulder is the best place to perch. I'm sure that will upgrade the bundle of eels to the rank of captain.
However, if I do smell the scent of urine (i.e. ammonia), go investigate, especially if it is unnaturally strong. And meow for the eel thing to follow me. For it's scent to be that strong it must be some gigantic rat. ((Perhaps a bit flimsy justification, but if we find some tank of ammonia it might keep Irony and the rest of our ammonia breathers from suffocating.))

Spoiler: Mr. Koff (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2020, 03:24:30 am »

"Excellent, thank you for your tasks, green level user!
I am unsure wether this apron comes in other colours, because I may or may not have picked it up off of a corpse some time in the past!"

Start doing the tasks Friend Computer gave me. Just go top to bottom, because surely Friend Computer has already sorted them by importance!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
In which, A captain is chosen
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2020, 02:14:28 am »

This is the engineering section right? Why is there nothing here?

Go and try the kitchen next I guess.
(4) you stumble your way through the dark for a while until you discover a kitchenette, complete with microwave and mini-fridge. The sink is full of dirty dishes and roaches. The room is lit only by the small light mounted under the microwave.

this calls for celebration for preventing everything from being sucked out into the void! Zygomuc goes to find something organic to sink their mycelium into for nutrients and mass.
(3) you find some mold, some old insect chitin, and a suspicious glob of slime. The slime at least is edible, apparently.

Crewbot
Find a place with lots of chemicals, and mix some together hopefully producing ammonia
(2) You wander around for a while without a clue what you are looking for. You don't find it. After some blind flailing in the dark, you stumble back into the light, none the wiser., nor any more ammoniated than you were before. You wonder if there might be a better way. Surely these space vessels had contingencies for this kind of thing. if only there were someone who might know.

"Yes yes, nice protein factory. Not now, must find a way to avoid suffocation."

Pet the yowling butthole and try to find an engineering section or the like. If there's no formal place to pump ammonia into the vents, I'll have to make do with synthesizing or harvesting it from somewhere else in the ship.

Take kitty and its prize with me, of course.

Spoiler: Sirirx, Bundle of Eels (click to show/hide)
(2) The path to engineering disappears into the darkness. After some blind flailing in the dark, you stumble back into the light, none the wiser., nor any more ammoniated than you were before. You wonder if there might be a better way. Surely these space vessels had contingencies for this kind of thing. if only there were someone who might know.

Knowledge check:

Rosomio growing up in a space station gives him a general knowledge on how a space station should work. Rosomio will try to identify which of the doors in around him leads to power generator and try to get the power up and running again.
(2) Rosomio knows that the power supply for the ship lies in it's complex gravitational drive system, and that if the power supply is off, the gravity also would be off, and everyone would be dead - not just on the ship, but in a 10,000 kilometer radius around the point of failure. Knowing this, Rosomio encounters a mystery: why, if the power is functional, are all the blasted lights out?

”Ah, good, you’re talking now, shiny translucent projection. You might be somewhat happy to know that I have managed to get the navigation up and running. However, I have to admit I think this place is generally dull and nasty. Perhaps you have some knowledge of the issue?”
Speak with the hologram, indirectly asking for a task
"Navigation? Fantastic! Wonderful! Now we can finally sell all this cargo. We're dreadfully late. late indeed. But I am sure the nascent harvest worlds of the Omi cluster won't mind if our wares are a little on the dirty side. They need these to survive the colonization process, after all!"
The A.I. beams at her brilliance, then blinks at you. "What's this about dirt? Well, you can hardly blame me, now can you? I don't even have hands, How would I weild a mop?" (2) the A.I. seems to have missed your hint about a task.

"Oh god I'm gonna die here."
Try to find a way to ether unplug or turn off the smoking and sparking things.
(6) You grab the panel covering the sparking wiring and are immediately blown across the hall into the other alcove, unconscious. You aren't aware ofit, but this apparently trips a breaker or blows a fuse and the whole workstation goes dark. Smoke still rises lazily, but it is dying out without a source.
Your alcove alights, however, fully and brightly, not that you can see that. Another hologram appears. this one is a lab coat wearing a stethoscope and carrying a very large hypodermic needle. "Greetings. Please state the nature of your visit to the AID station. For your convenienecf while you wait, a nurse will be by momentarily to administer some hallucinogenics."

Be the parrot-cat! Shoulder is the best place to perch. I'm sure that will upgrade the bundle of eels to the rank of captain.
However, if I do smell the scent of urine (i.e. ammonia), go investigate, especially if it is unnaturally strong. And meow for the eel thing to follow me. For it's scent to be that strong it must be some gigantic rat. ((Perhaps a bit flimsy justification, but if we find some tank of ammonia it might keep Irony and the rest of our ammonia breathers from suffocating.))

Spoiler: Mr. Koff (click to show/hide)
(4) you perch on the eelsuit's shoulder. "Welcome aboard, Captain Andre. your dry cleaning is in your cabin. A tin of tuna has been prepared for Mr. Big Boi. Please consult your secretary for your schedule and state of the ship review." (2) sadly, Chief of Staff Big Boi doesn't find anything to save our poor ammoniates from their imminent asphyxiation. If only there were some standard delivery system for space suit atmosphere, located in convenient dispenser systems throughout the ship, brightly colored yellow with dedicated sockets for ammonia ports. If only. Not that you care. You are just disappointed that you cannot hunt the legendary Really Big And Mean Rat. Curse you, Really Big And Mean Rat, for your absence. Curse yooooooouuuuuuu!

"Excellent, thank you for your tasks, green level user!
I am unsure wether this apron comes in other colours, because I may or may not have picked it up off of a corpse some time in the past!"

Start doing the tasks Friend Computer gave me. Just go top to bottom, because surely Friend Computer has already sorted them by importance!

(1) task one is to give a progress report to the quartermaster. You query the system for the name and location of the quartermaster and receive a FILE NOT FOUND error.

Spoiler: Ship Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crew Positions (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2020, 02:54:13 am »

"I'm not suffocating, you're suffocating!" Sirirx insists to nobody in particular.

Try to access the ship's AI to find ammonia sources. Munch on my delicious mold-shrimp-casserole sandwich on the way there. Give kitty some when he inevitably demands it even though he's not going to eat it.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2020, 03:45:26 am »

Zygomuc eats the slime, but still hungers for something more substantial. Didn't my mold-hairs detect vibrations of some other creatures yelping and breathing and stomping about? Go find and try to eat one of them.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2020, 04:35:20 am »

Try to regain consciousness.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2020, 08:58:32 am »

Try and find a plasma/flamethrower here.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2020, 11:39:39 am »

Between the red flashing light, Rosomio will try to make out any light source mounted on the wall. He will then go up to it and try to inspect what's wrong with it. If he can't reach it. Then he'll go to the janitor's room and try to find a stepladder. While there, He'll see if there's any light replacement device or light bulb charger around and bring it to the light source to fix it.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2020, 06:53:34 pm »

”Okay, let me rephrase that. This place is disgusting and I want to clean it up so it can be shiny. And while that’s going I could also probably turn the ship toward the Omi cluster so we can sell your cargo.”

Directly try to obtain a task from the hologram this time

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2020, 05:19:34 pm »

Crewbot
Find my way to the AI and ask her about where ammonia is stored

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2020, 05:46:00 pm »

"ERROR: Unable to complete task one due to employee failure to present.
On to task 2!"

Can't be helped if fleshy employees fail to do their part of the job, on to task 2! Also scan the list to see if there's anything on there that seems like a priority/important task.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10