Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Mold Farmers in Space  (Read 42254 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Mold Farmers in Space
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2020, 11:13:54 pm »

((Heh. Watch Sirix suffocate to death and we end up with a cat as the captain.))

"Mow!" Koff complains and bats on Sirix's hand until he can properly smell its contents. Seeing that it's nothing too interesting, he lets it go.
"Maaao?" he states his desire demand to play with something to the hologram and the rest of the room from his perch on the eel-suited captain (pun intended). He was hoping the eel-suit would had gotten the mouse moving again, but that hadn't worked out.

Spoiler: Mr. Koff (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 05:09:59 pm by Parisbre56 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2020, 12:32:57 am »

((Heh. Watch Sirix suffocate to death and we end up with a cat as the captain.))
((Just as planned!))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2020, 11:58:51 am »

Look for the nearest surface to carve.
Spoiler: Bubbles (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
In Which: Illumination, material and spiritual, has come.
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2020, 03:20:38 am »

"I'm not suffocating, you're suffocating!" Sirirx insists to nobody in particular.

Try to access the ship's AI to find ammonia sources. Munch on my delicious mold-shrimp-casserole sandwich on the way there. Give kitty some when he inevitably demands it even though he's not going to eat it.

(4) "Non-standard atmosphere is distributed through the atmospheric resupply tubes located in each sector of the ship. the access ports for ammonia are marked and highlighted in yellow. You may need to clean the port surfaces to locate the markings. You will find an access port two doors down from the conference room. Please seal the door of hte atmosphere kiosk behind you while recharging, to prevent accidental leaks into the main atmospheric environment. thank you for your cooperation. Your charges will be deducted automatically from your pay." While discussing this with the AI, you aqcuire an additional mold colony on your space suit leg. it seems to take offense to the flora already hitching a ride there. That, or maybe they are mating. Who knows, really.

Try to regain consciousness.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(1) no. hmm. You are dying. Hopefully someone finds you before you do.

Try and find a plasma/flamethrower here.
in the kitchenette? (6) You look at the microwave for a solid three minutes before deciding it probably won't be easy to convert to whatever it is you are trying to get. You root around in the cabinets and pull out some aerosol cans and a pack of matches. You light a match, hold it in front of the can, wince, and spray. After a few false starts, you manageto get a steady stream of fire. You also catch your hand on fire from the build up of whatever was in the aerosol canister. You scorch the woodwork of the cabinet, but it doesn't incinerate.

Between the red flashing light, Rosomio will try to make out any light source mounted on the wall. He will then go up to it and try to inspect what's wrong with it. If he can't reach it. Then he'll go to the janitor's room and try to find a stepladder. While there, He'll see if there's any light replacement device or light bulb charger around and bring it to the light source to fix it.

(5) You begin inspecting the light elements. You fiddle with some panels, poke about along hte wall and ceiling, and press a few buttons. You activate a screen of some kind, but the glow is dull, black, and covered in slime. Another button activates the AI. this hologram is faded and dark green, as if seen through an algae infested swamp. "For thousands of years, I have slumbered. Who dares awak- oh, it's you. What do you want?" [color]"trying to fix the lights"[/color] you mutter, in whatever color you speak in. "I will activate the lights, for a terrible price" the ominous spectre intones. AS she speaks, the lights in the room come on, and the emergency light blinks out. "You must bring  me five sapients, and wire them into the engine transmutation core. Then, you must trace the sigils in salt onto the corrupted processor, intone the spell, and offer a fresh soul to the CPU. Only then will I be freed of my curse and will be able to activate the lights for you." By now, the lights in the hallway are on, and you hear the sounds of a couple of the other crew commenting about being able to see again.

Zygomuc eats the slime, but still hungers for something more substantial. Didn't my mold-hairs detect vibrations of some other creatures yelping and breathing and stomping about? Go find and try to eat one of them.
(6) you go and find a walking space suit with a cat and a dead mouse on it's head. You attach yourself to the space suit's leg. A mushroom takes offense and begins waging biological warfare with you. The two of you angrily spore at each other, locked in coprophagous combat.

”Okay, let me rephrase that. This place is disgusting and I want to clean it up so it can be shiny. And while that’s going I could also probably turn the ship toward the Omi cluster so we can sell your cargo.”

Directly try to obtain a task from the hologram this time

(5) "the medbay is terribly unhygenic, and would be an excellent place to start cleaning. You will find the medbay a floor down and six doors along the hall, on the left. it appears that one of the first aid kiosks alongthat hall have a visitor. perhaps you could enlist that visitor in your efforts? make sure she finishes filling out all the necessary paperwork for her treatment before hand. She seems terribly uncooperateive, lying there in a pool of her own blood and surrounded by scorch marks like that1 the nerve of some people."
Task get: clean the medbay. enlist the unconscious to assist.

Crewbot
Find my way to the AI and ask her about where ammonia is stored

You join Captain Sirix in listening to the AI explain the atmospheric dispensers, followed by an in flight safety lecture, and a detailed description of the in flight snack schedule and the precise volume of carbonated beverages available per passenger in coach and business classes.

"ERROR: Unable to complete task one due to employee failure to present.
On to task 2!"

Can't be helped if fleshy employees fail to do their part of the job, on to task 2! Also scan the list to see if there's anything on there that seems like a priority/important task.

(1) task two has an attachment, which, when opened, downloads the Baby Shark song into your Roomba. Good luck getting that back out of your robotic head. (3) you scan the list for priority assignments. Nothing seems to stand out beyond the basic: repairs to various subsystems, purchase of snacks and fuel, filtering incoming calls to crewpersons, and answering insurance billing questions. You notice two tasks that seem perhaps more interesting than the others (except the cleaning duties, of course): fill out the crew roster, beginning with teh officer information chart, and check the primary ship systems, activating the ones that need it, and verifying the status of each. Might be good to do after bleaching the bedsheets, or synthesizing the widow cleaner, or stirring the waste treatment vats (making sure to hydrate soem space worms to help with the eco-friendly waste processing.)

"Mow!" Koff complains and bats on Sirix's hand until he can properly smell its contents. Seeing that it's nothing too interesting, he lets it go.
"Maaao?" he states his desire demand to play with something to the hologram and the rest of the room from his perch on the eel-suited captain (pun intended). He was hoping the eel-suit would had gotten the mouse moving again, but that hadn't worked out.

(6) ERROR. VIOLENCE WILL BE MET WITH EQUAL FORCE. LEVEL TWO SUPPRESSION ENGAGED. a turret appears from the ceiling and swivels around a moment before stopping, beeping six times, and turning on a laser of some kind. A bright red spot illuminates the wall opposite you before beginning to swivel in your direction. Red dots are fun, right?

Look for the nearest surface to carve.
Chaplain, eh? Alright, Chaplain it is. (2) every wall in the recharging port you are attached to is covered in etchings.

Lights have been activated. Everyone is now able to see, more or less. assuming you have visual processors of some kind. Currently, four of you are together near one of hte atmospheric ports: the eelsuit, the cat, the mold and the drone. Everyone else is still roughly scattered about the sector, but within a hundred meters or so of each other. Currently we have two injured, not that anyone else is aware of that fact. Looks like the captain and the drone will be able to start breathing (or whatever it is they do with the atmosphere) next turn, assuming the ammonia ports are functioning and there is a supply of ammonia on the ship (there probably is)

Spoiler: Ship Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crew Positions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 03:23:11 am by Ozarck »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2020, 03:35:14 am »

Try to stop dying or at least wake up to do something about my dying.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2020, 03:35:58 am »

"Precious ammonia!"

Get to those ammonia ports and breathe deep!

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2020, 11:13:00 am »

"Precious ammonia!"

follow Srirx to find and breathe ammonia

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2020, 12:34:53 pm »

Zygomuc begins an advance on the dead mouse and cat at the top of the spacesuit, being mindful not to let their Basidiomycotanian rival's spores take root on them or their meal(s) first.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 03:32:06 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2020, 01:10:28 pm »

Look at the lit hallway, then back to the AI.

"Well, it looks like someone beat me to it.  My fingers are twitching  real bad.  Is there any booze on this station?   "

go to where the AI direct me to go.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2020, 04:20:10 pm »

Red dot! My mortal enemy! We meet again at last! You may have eluded me all those times before, but this time it will be different! This is the time I will finally catch you and consume you, the day I shall taste your glowy flesh! Charge! Catch the red dot! Kill kill kill! This is the moment I've dreamed about!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2020, 08:19:24 pm »

Travel to the medbay and search for the crew mate allegedly in a first aid kiosk in that area

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2020, 11:49:28 am »

"Baby Shark.FLAC detected. Oh. Oh no. It's stuck on infinite loop..."
Unit-37 goes completely still
"Initiating emergency debugging mode"

Reboot into emergency safe/debug mode and attempt to purge the baby shark song.

If succesful, go and find the primary ship systems and enable those that seem to require enabling.

If unsuccesful, scream while attempting a full factory reset.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2020, 09:52:32 pm »

Examine my surroundings for any crew, alive or dead. If none can be found, attempt to seek out the chief of staff. He has a way of bending Loggerheads to his will.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2020, 08:58:05 am »

Eh, it will do.

Start burning the mold away in the kitchen with my makeshift flamethrower.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
In Which: the weapons deployed, we breathe easily again
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2020, 06:38:16 am »

Try to stop dying or at least wake up to do something about my dying.
(3) The afterlife you have contacted is experiencing technical difficulties. Please hold for the next available representative. Estimated wait time, 31, 353 hours 34 minutes 16 seconds. Your time is important to us. Please hold for the next available representative. You wake up at the end of this turn with your head completely wrapped in guaze and slathered in ointment. Something is broken, but bound, and you are disoriented as fuck and feel like vomitting, but suspect that doing so would not end well for you in your current state. You paw at your face, only to find that both your hands are similarly ointmented and bound.

"Precious ammonia!"

"Precious ammonia!"

follow Srirx to find and breathe ammonia
(1)The two of you scramble into the atmospherics booth in a comic, two stooges style pushing match. You refill on ammonia. The scent of Generic Pine Flavored Cleaning Disinfectant and Industrial SolventTM fills your inhalatory ports. It stings. Well, it's better than asphyxiation, I suppose. You attempt to tur nto unlock the air booth only ot find that you are jammed tightly. You can't even reach the door panel to order the release.

Zygomuc begins an advance on the dead mouse and cat at the top of the spacesuit, being mindful not to let their Basidiomycotanian rival's spores take root on them or their meal(s) first.
(4) the cat disaappears from the spacesuit long before you make any progress. The dead mouse remains smeared across the suit's faceport though, dripping some delicious nectars onto your filaments occasionally, which you manage to get the bulk of over your fungaloid foe. Dominance of the lower external appendical portions of the suit is within your grasp!

Look at the lit hallway, then back to the AI.

"Well, it looks like someone beat me to it.  My fingers are twitching  real bad.  Is there any booze on this station?   "

go to where the AI direct me to go.

(4) "booze? Of course there is! What kind of pirate ship goes anywhere without booze? You can find many varieties in the general crew mess halls' storage cabins. The quartermaster will assign you an allotment, which you can redeem at mess hall #3alpha, which is three flights up the main stairwell, first door on the left, or at any of the other crew mess halls as well!" The A.I. gives you afdditional direcetions to the quartermaster's ofice, which you find wiht relative ease. It is, however, unlit and locked, a "take a number" dispenser presenting the number "qualeph," waving it expectantly at you.

Red dot! My mortal enemy! We meet again at last! You may have eluded me all those times before, but this time it will be different! This is the time I will finally catch you and consume you, the day I shall taste your glowy flesh! Charge! Catch the red dot! Kill kill kill! This is the moment I've dreamed about!

(1) you launch off the suit's shoulder as it rushes toward the atmospherics kiosk, only to be suddenly propelled to the left and pinned to the wall in a bundle of sticky fibres that smell faintly of lavender. "Target neutralized. Administering disciplinary measures, per standard quadrant 37-c6 beta ethical procedures, as outlined in the Galactic Gamblers' Guide to Taxxes IV Hold 'Em, volume 2." A thin squirt of rather dirty water  drizzles out of a nozzle two feet away from your face, plopping into the dust and carpet of the hallway, leaving a muddy puddle. "N#g$ty Kixxxy. ^augh( Kit~." The speakers pronounce in staticky monotone. "Disciplinary coourse complete. Subject compliance satisfactory. administering cetification of completion and standard tier one reward, as outlined in the aforementioned Treatise on Proper Workshop Layout and Maintenance, volume 3." A small, blackened bead drops from a port on the ceiling onto your head, bouncing off and falling out of sight below. whatever it was, it had no discernable smell. Moments later, a second pellet falls onto your head, bounces off, and sticks to the fibers enmeshing you.

Travel to the medbay and search for the crew mate allegedly in a first aid kiosk in that area

(3) you find the crewperson (Zultan's character). You don't know that much about mammals or whatever, but you are pretty sure things aren't supposed to bend that way. The hologram nearby wearing a stethoscope awaits your command. "Uh ... fix him?" You suggest. "right away, sir. CODE GREY!" the hologram suddenly shouts. The sudden loud noise is followed by dozens of tubes, mechanical arms, and guaze dispensers pouring out of the walls, sometimes literally. Of the ones that don't fall into a puddle on the floor, one or two poke randomly at the body, which twitches and moans in reply, two actually seem to straighten and bandage whatever was most damaged, and one applies a very liberal heap of ointment onto the creature's face, wrapping the head in comical amounts of shockingly pristine medical gauze.

"Baby Shark.FLAC detected. Oh. Oh no. It's stuck on infinite loop..."
Unit-37 goes completely still
"Initiating emergency debugging mode"

Reboot into emergency safe/debug mode and attempt to purge the baby shark song.

If succesful, go and find the primary ship systems and enable those that seem to require enabling.

If unsuccesful, scream while attempting a full factory reset.

(5) your debug mode seems to work. When you reboot, you are no longer hearing Baby Shark, are dresed in only a n apron, and are vacuuming a single stretch of pristine carpet 9surrounded by perfectly filthy carpet completely untouched) in an unfamiliar room.
(6) You locate the nearest major ship system and go to it's control room, activating all the ship's weapons systems one by one. Naturally they immediately launch into DEFCON 3 and begin firing into the void. You have no way of knowing what they are shooting at, if they are hitting, or what the response will be. Satisfied with a job well done, you turn your attention to the next ship's system: The chemical plant. You are dangerously low on Pine Flavored Disinfectant and Organic Scented Aerosol Odor Obscurant.

Examine my surroundings for any crew, alive or dead. If none can be found, attempt to seek out the chief of staff. He has a way of bending Loggerheads to his will.
(5) you discover the ship's morgue. it's chock full of crew remains and religious opportunities. An information desk has a visitors' logbook appended. the screen blinks softly in blue, awaiting your signature.

Eh, it will do.

Start burning the mold away in the kitchen with my makeshift flamethrower.
(3) You blacken some mold, spewing dust and smoke into the air and failing to increase the percentage of your body that is burned. Yo manage to clear the doors of the refrigerator/freeze of much of the mold, leaving behind the evidence of your passing as you go.

Spoiler: Ship Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crew Positions (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10