Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Mold Farmers in Space  (Read 38430 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: Mold Farmers in Space
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2020, 09:17:12 pm »

"Fine! I'll take the damn number.

yank it the "qualph" number from the number dispenser.
Look at the stupid ticket and try to see if I even know what a qualph even suppose to be. also point my laser pistol at the the number dispenser to see what it will do.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 10:51:50 pm by Luckyowl »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2020, 09:27:29 pm »

"Very well! Take this!"

Gently kick the squeaky mouse-thing at the door release button. At least I hope it's a button, I'm not sure projectile rodent corpses are a regulation method of operating levers or hand scanners.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2020, 06:06:57 am »

"Oh man I almost died, I need to get out of here."
See if there's a doctor around as some one with medical knowledge had to have fixed me, if there is one around find out how long I have to be bandaged up like this, then see if there is any kind of task I'm supposed to be doing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2020, 10:02:23 pm »

[b Onwards, to the cafeteria! The Loggerheads must be memorialized. [/b]

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2020, 06:57:38 pm »

Meow until I am free. Scratch and bite the thing that is holding me until I am free. One of the two is bound to work eventually.

Spoiler: Mr.Koff (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2020, 09:21:52 pm »

Follow the captain’s hands to where they point

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2021, 01:32:20 pm »

-snip-

Continue to burn away the mold.
(6) The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money. You shrug, shout your intentions, and open fire. Something knockc over what was once probably flour. The powder fills the air, then ignites quite beautifully. Moments later, you and the rat are in the hallway, bent double, wheezing. A thick cloud of smoke roils out of the pantry, through the kitchenette, and into the hall, before the fire suppression system utterly fails to activate to extinguish it. A distressed moo tapers off in the background, while you are getting chewed out by an out of breath rodent for crimes against inhumanity. You peek cautiously around the corner into the harsh glare that is spring cleaning. Satisfied, you check 'demold pantry' off your to do list. You check your canister. it has maybe one room's worth of use left.

”Huh...mushrooms.”

Dispose of the carts and broken crap, pick the mushrooms and store them in a preservative container, check on the patient, then get a mop and mop up that nasty oil. In that order.  ;D

(6) everything goes well until the moment the mop touches the oil. The oil screams and races up the wall opposite you, taking the mop with it. the oil bubbles, spurts and gurgles. The mop wobbles and lurches as it slowly sinks into the oil. Hard to tell if the oil is eating, dissolving, assimilating ,or simply covering the mop.

Zygomuc roots into the thing that stepped on them aggressively to pierce any protective coverings and give it a fungal infection they won't soon be rid of.
(1) Whatever stepped on Zygomuc  already has a pretty virulent fungal infection, which takes unkindly to its attempts at territorial expansion. It ends up getting stepped on again.

"Fine! I'll take the damn number.

yank it the "qualph" number from the number dispenser.
Look at the stupid ticket and try to see if I even know what a qualph even suppose to be. also point my laser pistol at the the number dispenser to see what it will do.

The number dispenser beeps smugly and the number qualph lights up on the wall adjacent. A hidden speaker calls out in a voice that sounds both tinny and terribly congested at the same time "QUALPH! NOW SERVING QUALPH! QUALPH! YOU HAVE ONE MINUTE TO COME FORTH OR WE WILL MOVE ON TO THE NEXT NUMBER! QUALPHY? OH WHERE COULD HE BE? WHERE COULD HE BE?" The dispenser makes a shooing gesture with it's next number sticking out of it's dispenserhole.

"Very well! Take this!"

Gently kick the squeaky mouse-thing at the door release button. At least I hope it's a button, I'm not sure projectile rodent corpses are a regulation method of operating levers or hand scanners.

(5) the door mechanism recoils in disgust as the carcass approaches. The door squeaks hurriedly out of the way, moments too late to avoid a bit of a splattering. The Captain has been released from captivity the old fashioned way: by throwing corpses at it.

"Oh man I almost died, I need to get out of here."
See if there's a doctor around as some one with medical knowledge had to have fixed me, if there is one around find out how long I have to be bandaged up like this, then see if there is any kind of task I'm supposed to be doing.
(4) a bit of fumbling introduces you to the autodoc, who suggests that you can remove the bandages safely within an hour of application, as long as you properly dress the wounds for the next 24 hours or so. Properly, in this case, means a dab of salve, a nonstick protective pad, and enough gauze to hold them in place over the burned areas. fter 24 hours, inspect the wound and apply standard first aid as necessary, unless the wounds have gone green, puffy, pustulent, or otherwise abnormal in disposition.
As for tasks, the autodoc shrugs. "Honestly, we're not even sure why you are here, mate. old girl is a bit of a derelict. How'd you even come to be on her in this condition? Not like you are an official employee of Redderf Mining and Trades, Inc., if that company is even still a thing."

Meow until I am free. Scratch and bite the thing that is holding me until I am free. One of the two is bound to work eventually.

Spoiler: Mr.Koff (click to show/hide)
You get free by the time honored tradition of complaint and fidgeting, and drop to the floor safely, if indignantly. You give your fur a once over, then trot along casually as if nothing happened at all.

Follow the captain’s hands to where they point
the Captain seems to be gesturing vaguely toward "outside the methane dispensary" so you go there. You are now in the hall. the lights are on, some thing smells like burning organics, someone is squeaking angrily somewhere, and no one has any idea what is going on, myself included).

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2021, 02:53:38 pm »

”Alright, oil creature, this means war.”

Locate a source of water or cleaning liquid, then find a hose of some kind that I can use to spray the water or cleaning liquid at the oil

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2021, 09:39:13 pm »

Flip the number dispenser off and go to wherever I got to go for my booze.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2021, 05:30:55 am »

"I don't know how I got here ether."
It is time to arm myself to increase my likely hood of survival by searching for some kind of weapon.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2021, 11:11:47 pm »

Spoiler: Space Gobby Boi (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 11:52:37 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2021, 03:27:26 pm »

Zygomuc got stepped on... by another fungal growth? Unacceptable! Devour the entire thing!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2021, 03:49:55 pm »

Meow at the hologram in the hopes that it will interpret that as something useful (like giving me a job or an idea about what to investigate) or at least mildly amusing.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2021, 01:49:17 pm »

”Alright, oil creature, this means war.”

Locate a source of water or cleaning liquid, then find a hose of some kind that I can use to spray the water or cleaning liquid at the oil
(4) you get a hose and spray water at the oil. this goes exactly like one would expect spraying water at oil would go. The oil spreads across every surface it coems into contact with, though it is pushed back by the water.. The entire medbay is now completely contaminated by the biohazardous material. "Hmm. I was sure that oil and water would mix really well. But somehow, this isn't happening. Maybe I'll try fire next time!"

Flip the number dispenser off and go to wherever I got to go for my booze.
(5) you get the booze. You sign some electronic form, and the computer starts calling you "Kyu Em" for some reason.

"I don't know how I got here ether."
It is time to arm myself to increase my likely hood of survival by searching for some kind of weapon.
(1) you yank off one of your antlers and swing it around menacingly. You hit yourself in the shin, then again in the gut. You double over in pain. You go to the medbay, but a crab is waging a losing battle with some toxic waste in ther, so you think better of it and stagger off in what you hope is the direction of the crew quarters to sleep it off.

Spoiler: Space Gobby Boi (click to show/hide)
You awake in a pile of garbage, wedged into a maintenance shaft behind the primary kitchen facilities. this is not an unusual situation for you, as you have been sleeping here for as long as you can remember. You've managed to keep the rats at bay, in spite of the leftover food packets, soiled garments, and piles of rotten hay, by the simple expedient of lots of rat poison. You don't eat the dead rats anymore. You only made that mistake once ... in a while.

What is unusual is the amount of light leaking in through the walls and through the grme on the emergency hatch window. Heck, you diodn't even know the hatch had a window before. What's with all this light out there? You stare dumbfounded at the murky window, idly picking roaches off your fur ror skin and eating them. Hmm, seem to be a lot more roaches in here today. Must be running from the lights.

Zygomuc got stepped on... by another fungal growth? Unacceptable! Devour the entire thing!
(6) you consume the fungoid and double in size. You belch spores for a while and turn from whatever color you were to a bright orange. You have a sudden urge to eat plastic.

Meow at the hologram in the hopes that it will interpret that as something useful (like giving me a job or an idea about what to investigate) or at least mildly amusing.
(1) The hologram barks at you. How rude. You are starting to think this ship doesn't even know how to function itself, let alone how to give proper attention and praise to it's feline overlord. there's only one thing to do with a being as dumb and big as this: teach it to hunt! You look around for dead rodents to place at the hologram's feet.

Spoiler: Ship Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crew Positions (click to show/hide)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2021, 04:19:29 pm »

"Kyu em?"

I shrug off the name and just went about my business. I pop open the booze and chugged it down as I stroll through the lit corridors waiting for some plot related shit barge my way.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10