Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdoms  (Read 8160 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdoms
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2022, 04:59:11 pm »

I'm going to have to reread turns myself.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2022, 07:29:26 pm »

It that Oozes
It that Oozes was delighted to find that it would not need to constantly dedicate a squad of relay slimes to keep in touch with the slime now designated as 'Other that Oozes'. The moniker 'Other that Oozes' was sufficient for now, but it might potentially be confusing in a potential future with more than two.

---Neighboring Forest Colonization---
Things seemed to be going okay for this mission, though It that Oozes didn't have a precedent to compare it to. The units there could continue as they were under the leadership of Other that Oozes. It would also check in with Other that Oozes to see if it had any new insights about things that the hivemind should work on. It that Oozes would make a point of staying in contact with Other that Oozes even if there were no matters of tactical importance that needed to be communicated, discussing random trivial things more out of curiosity than an actual attempt at maintaining uniformity.

---Unknown Eastern Region Investigation---
Having the ability to perform basic scouting, It that Oozes sent one Slime Relay Squad in line formation to the East, as well as one Slime Squad. In doing this, it should be possible to get a basic understanding of the territory that the slimes have previously failed to study.

---Unknown Western Region Investigation---
Just like with the Eastern region, It that Oozes would send one Slime Relay Squad in line formation and one Slime Squad to the west.

---Protoslime Commander X Merger Slime Experiment---
It that Oozes would periodically check to ensure that the Merger Slimes and Protoslime Commanders had enough food. Aside from that, it would refrain from poking it and let things happen.

---Slime 'Recruitment'---
It that Oozes would pay attention to what comes out of the breeding pool. It would be ideal to gain another Squad worth of slimes, but only if it knew that the slime populations were stable enough to do so without having a negative impact on the breeding pool's ecology.

---First Contact Preparation---
Suddenly something dawned on It that Oozes. The majority of creatures that were encountered were not, in fact, part of any obvious hivemind. The implications of this were that the others that heard the call of Zethe would likely also be non-hiveminded. It that Oozes didn't really know how to communicate without the hivemind and this might be a problem! Thus, It that Oozes would start attempting to communicate with non-slime based life in preparation for such events. It would also tell Other that Oozes about the idea.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2022, 01:43:54 pm »

[It returns! You must be a Grand Necromancer by now, Nakéen. Eversor's next course of action is quite dependent on Azarian's, so I'll hold for now.]
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2022, 11:28:14 am »

Might need to send out a PM to the players who didn't post an action. Usually I am of the opinion that it is the player's duty to keep track of games and get their actions posted in a timely manner, but I feel additional leeway is in order due to the 8 month wait.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2022, 11:45:36 pm »

Status finally updated!

Might need to send out a PM to the players who didn't post an action. Usually I am of the opinion that it is the player's duty to keep track of games and get their actions posted in a timely manner, but I feel additional leeway is in order due to the 8 month wait.
I contacted the players, they have been a bit busy and I am not too worried about that.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2022, 12:26:16 am »

I think my forces spoiler has some missing data.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2022, 12:26:49 am »

Necromancer Philosophies: "Jotul, your introspection is of course an intriguing take. You see, to give some context, I used to be a part of the Ravenfolk civilization back in the Old World and as well as I mentioned the Reaper, it’s essentially a Creed that this soul follows. You see this… flock of other humanoid mortals like me, the Ravenfolks, were always closely associated with death but then rebirth, they almost acted as cemetery custodians for other mortal races. They were very monastic and communal, often living in the outskirts from other mortals.

These creatures served a god or some sort of god-like entity they referred to as the Arbiter of Souls and of course there was Animism in the mix as well. This Arbiter or at least the doctrine of the monastery where I flocked from, viewed that all things must be put to a rest and that undead were a perversion of some sort of “natural order” they viewed. I as a magical prodigy saw through even when I as a fledgeling, that the Reaper, or which I call a creed that follows that offers freedom from the fickle constraint of things having an End, the flesh weakens and things decay. I am Immortal, and I will make the world and all of its inhabitants… Immortal. In a way, we see eye to eye.”
Nevermore nod its Raven skull with the flesh bits, sensing a form of agreement with Jotul

Jotul's Lair: ”Yes indeed, what I am seeing here is almost an advanced magical technique that I refer to as Cloning, a manipulation of transmutation magic to create the body, and with the help of necromancy you can transfer the soul or your consciousness from one creature to a next. You could even steal a soul, maybe there is an echo of the countless souls in the astral that you can steal and forcibly put into the body. This would transfer the creature from a second chance to a servant, however. You could make this clone even have a condition where if you were to ever have your... soul disconnected from your current body (something that won't happen I am sure of!) that it would transfer to this one.

“Secondly, I wonder with the countless years you have to spend in the New World, not to gloat that I may have lived longer than you as my soul came from the Old World, I wonder how powerful is the hoard you contain. From pointless gold to powerful magic artifacts, is there anything you have in your arsenal that could be used against Giants or Rascals?, does the Dragon King know what sort of powerful trinkets you have? Just trying to gather a feel of your power, to say for instance a trade of magical artifacts I create for one of yours.

“Lastly, before I take my leave, my plan is to travel to the Dragon King and make him show that I am a powerful ally for the kingdom and become an honorary dragon. Then my next move is to make skirmishes or scouting missions, which to me seems like the closest region is this Gurmong area. Any recommendations for my next action is always desired”

In the Bonekeep:
Mission: Nevermore was in a way inspired by the Cloning that Jotul has done, and while it would still use necromancy for its next trick; it will combine the knowledge of transmutation and conjuration magic to create a new creature. Nevermore has had his prototype, of a squad of powerful undead dragons, but what it desired next was a research assistant that could also serve as an assistant and even a mount. This creature would have wings and also somewhat resemble a dragon just a bit more avian. This creature is a separate project from the prototype undead dragons

Nevermore traveled with its Lesser Dragons Husks to gather the remaining bones that were around the Bone Keep and utilize magic to piece the bones together to form the shape of a Raven or Crow. However, Nevermore wanted this to be a gargantuan Crow, the size of an adult dragon at least to even something the size around Jotul (The size of the Dragon King and even Kaiju-sized would have to wait) therefore the necromancy was utilized to raise the bones, transmutations to mold the bones to form the skeletal structure of a massive Crow, as well as conjuration to summon new bones and even fleshy bits and black feathers around the creature to make it more zombie-like and frankenstein monster-like. Husks can be used for physical labor as needed.

Nevermore’s final step was to use necromancy again, and to snatch like a crow snatches something shiny the soul from the Astral, the soul of a butler or leader of servants, to forcibly put it into this giant Raven Zombie and to make this creature have its own consciousness, a sort of free-will and capable of independent thought, except that it has follow the orders of Nevermore to the letter. The lich was finally done with outlining its time in the Bone Keep for this month, however it thought that it was tired of calling this Raven just a creature so that it deserved a name. Corvus came to mind, but it would serve as a brute for Nevermore, so then Brutus. In a way, Nevermore always fancied word play.

The desired servant really is a massive Crow zombie butler, it has the physical strength of an adult dragon, can be utilized as a willing flying mount for travel and combat, smart enough to serve as an assistant and be able to hold a conversation (talking in a stoic voice, also having mimicry like a Raven so it can copy and replicate voices), that's about it currently. Oh yeah also be indepentent when commanded, it could scout out a nearby region and then relay this knowledge back to Nevermore.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 12:32:50 am by Shadowclaw777 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2022, 09:30:27 am »

Make haste to travel to the Gold Spring. With luck or skill this may be an opportunity to gain the peoples gratitude.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2022, 11:18:30 pm »

Ashuri-Zagos, happy to name one of his bright new pupils, bestows upon her the name Enkani. Meaning 'Shining Mind' in one of the long gone languages buried in his memories, in praise of her progress and in hope for continued success in her future.

The Bronze One also makes an effort to personally congratulate and praise his three pupils, and as many of his workers as he reasonably can. Reminding them that while he's happy to plant seeds of knowledge in Zethe, it was their dedication and diligence to his instructions that had made it flower into the achievement before them.

As for any other projects, Ashuri-Zagos decides to hold off until he'd had time to talk with the King he'd sworn his aid and friendship to. He heeds the summons of the King.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]