Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Think Twice: Newbie Mafia Game End- Town Victory  (Read 11365 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Think Twice: Newbie Mafia Day 2- AWOL Data
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2021, 01:29:37 pm »

Still pretty sure that Webadict is the other one. Everyone, including Rose's scumbuddy (whoever that is), got on the bandwagon.

Wubz has provided zero hunting except for trying to mechanically confirm people, and running around like a turkey with feathers fluffed out trying to distract from the nest. I am pretty sure that this isn't "town" Webadict.

No, it really is that bad. All the suspicion and intrigue is more than I can handle. I've broken down crying more than once.

I'm really sorry to hear this. Take care, OK?

PS: My experience the first time I played was basically nonstop panic attacks. If you do decide to come back later, you will always be welcome.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Think Twice: Newbie Mafia Day 1-The Heist Is Afoot.
« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2021, 02:10:36 pm »

No, it really is that bad. All the suspicion and intrigue is more than I can handle. I've broken down crying more than once.

I'm not a player in this game but I'd like to echo this.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2021, 02:11:55 pm »

Hmm, this change certainly was unexpected, but not for the reasons you guys are perhaps thinking me to be surprised. This does put me at a significant disadvantage for a number of reasons, and the only real way out is to prove myself Town.

Sadly, had that been my ultimate goal from the beginning, that would surely be a simpler achievement at this point. Alas, I may have been toying with several ideas prior to such. I feel it would be most improper to play as I normally would, when my goal was to teach. I do hope that the clues that were left were good hints in that. They were intended to display a number of scummy activities, though I had to split some of my time elsewhere (I truly do not blame Rose for it,  for it was my choice.)

Forsooth, I have but one method, and it would be a disappointment to engage in such behavior. Thus, this may indeed hold my concession and confession. Truly, a tragic end, but my actions were intended to help soothe my partner.

I will admit that many scumtells were purposefully added because it wouldnt have been fun had I attempted to solo-carry the game, plus I could offer myself as a sacrifice at any time. But, when the world shifts, the heavens fall, eh?

In the end, there is no way to win this from this point. It would be needless struggling, and while it would teach you to never give up, even in a hopeless situation, it would be anti-fun in this situation. So, in conclusion, webadict.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2021, 02:15:31 pm »

Yeah I could understand all of that when she flipped godfather.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2021, 02:19:32 pm »

:( This was one tragic game. I feel sorry for Rose. And Web.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2021, 02:22:41 pm »

Don't feel sorry for me. The goal wasn't for me to win. It was to teach.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2021, 02:23:55 pm »

Unfortunate ending. :(

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2021, 02:25:33 pm »

I agree. I think that 5P setups with two ICs is probably not a good call. We normally have only one playing IC in a 9P BM anyway.

Honestly, I think this would work better if all the ICs in a 5P setup were non-playing. Yes, we might not have been able to get a game started, but I'm going to call the outcome here "mostly my fault." I may not have played the way that I usually would but I still think we should probably try to draw ICs from not-the-old-guard.

For example, 4mask would be a good IC!

EDIT: Never in my life have I felt worse about winning a game.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 02:42:41 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2021, 02:49:15 pm »

Yeah, I'm doing fine. Just realized that some things aren't for me. It's none of your fault.

Don't be, I'm fine now that the pressure is off.

EDIT: Never in my life have I felt worse about winning a game.

Noooo you did wonderfully. It's not your fault I wasn't cut out for it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2021, 02:54:30 pm »

If it matters Rose, I thought you did well. I td you we would lose as a team ;)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 15, 2021, 10:00:06 pm »

Yeah, I'm doing fine. Just realized that some things aren't for me. It's none of your fault.

This sounds like how I felt when I tried Mafia: it reads like a game I could enjoy, but put me in the middle of it and some part of my brain seriously overreacts.

Cheers for trying something new.

Don't be, I'm fine now that the pressure is off.

Glad to hear it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Think Twice: Newbie Mafia Game End- Town Victory
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2021, 12:48:23 pm »

I keep on expecting shortens. Well, I have time, and webadict has given up.

Webadict is caught suspicously sneaking away. Two others follow them and find they're hiding a USB! The two tackle webadict, and after a short struggle he just gives up.

Webadict was a Goon turned Flagbearer.

After determining the data was safe, webadict was arrested, and the building closed down for a few days. Those involved got recommendations on their internships, and the Janitor got a pay raise. One questions what the data on their clients was for though, and why someone with such a high position job was involved.

Thank you for playing. (Why do I think I am cursed when it comes to hosting games..)

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Think Twice: Newbie Mafia Game End- Town Victory
« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2021, 01:32:50 pm »

Thanks for hosting, Tric!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]