Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 98746 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Night 1 - Death Has Left The Building
« Reply #945 on: December 30, 2020, 06:20:34 pm »

Well, doesn't look like it.

webadict, I'm going to use my Scanner on TricMagic.
Jim Groovester pulls out a Scanner and scans TricMagic, who probably wishes they could talk right now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: December 30, 2020, 08:36:31 pm »

I apologize, guys. This will take a few hours. So, feel free to complain about me in other threads. Or this one, if you can talk at Night.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 30, 2020, 08:50:07 pm »

You know, wubaduba, I don't ask for much, but this is really pushing it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 31, 2020, 02:14:42 am »

hector13's eye dim down, and then the totally-not-a-robot asks what just happened. Leafsnail begins trying to explain, but the jargon that hits hector13 makes steam come out of his ears instead. 4maskwolf tries to break it down further, but it only causes a mirrored reaction in hector13.

Unfortunately, FallacyofUrist is the first to point out the obvious to the rest of the group. juicebox isn't here anymore. In fact, ToonyMan isn't on screen anymore, either. It lookks like whatever glitch has happened isn't going to be keeping you guys down anymore.

TricMagic and Vector begin trying to piece together the pieces of what happened when they come across a blood spill. Toaster immediately says, "Definitely juicebox blood. You can tell by the way it's juicebox's blood." Everyone agrees with this flawless logic.

With all that settled, all the player gather around the voteboard. On screen, you see that ToonyMan and juicebox's roles have finally been fixed. Hooray! Even the Badge Seller celebrates, putting out a new Badge!

juicebox has died of HP Loss.

juicebox was The Physical Embodiment Of Death (outsider), and The Horseman Of Death!

ToonyMan has died.

ToonyMan was Beelzebub (town).

The Badge Seller has added the No Bonk Badge to their shop.

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf - 0 -
dolores - 0 -
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
heydude6 - 0 -
IcyTea31 - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Leafsnail - 0 -
Luckyowl - 0 -
Nirur Torir - 0 -
NJW2000 - 0 -
notquitethere - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 14 - 4maskwolf, dolores, FallacyofUrist, heydude6, IcyTea31, Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, Luckyowl, Nirur Torir, NJW2000, notquitethere, Toaster, TricMagic, Vector,

8 To Hammer. Day Ends January 3rd, 2020 at 19:00 CST (~I'm tired hours from this post.)

Role Name: The Physical Embodiment of Death
Shenanigans: 11
Alignment: Outsider (Crown 3 Horsemen)
Wincon: You must Crown a Horseman Of Famine, a Horseman Of Pestilence, and a Horseman Of War. You will be told when a potential Horseman dies, and which Horseman they could have been. If all Horsemen of a single type die before one has been Crowned or if you Crown all remaining Horsemen, you are removed from the game.
(Auto) Death’s On Vacation: While you are alive, other players no longer die normally. Instead, players that die will become Wayward Souls for one Phase instead, and have access to a unique ability based on their role. You also gain access to Soul Chat, put you are unable to post in it.
(1-Shot, Day) Not Today [target/self]: If the target would be Lynched today, a No Lynch occurs instead. You may only use this if you are the Horseman of Death.
{P-1} (Night) Crown: Choose a player. If that player embodies one of the Horsemen, they gain an additional power. You win if all three other Horsemen have been Crowned. This ability cannot be removed, and other players cannot gain this ability.
(Information) Horsemen:
Death: A player who controls the souls of the departed.
War: A player of unnecessary violence.
Pestilence: A player of unending sickness.
Famine: A player of incalculable hunger.
(Information - Role) Wayward Soul: Oh no, you died! Or… did you? Looks like something or someone has given you enough time to be able to perform one more action. Additionally, you gain access to the Soul Chat, where you may hear the thoughts and prayers of those that are leaving this realm.

Role Name: Beelzebub
Alignment: Town
Wincon: You win when all anti-Town factions are dead and at least one Town member is alive.
Shenanigans: 5
Abilities:
(Auto) Underhanded: If an action would cause you to gain or lose abilities, you may choose to ignore it. Like, I mean, that’s sorta your domain. Additionally, if you receive multiple copies of the same ability, you may choose to Evolve that ability.
(Day) Devil’s Choice [target]: Give the target a Contract. They choose how it's fulfilled. If the target does not choose Toll, you may use an additional action during the next Day Phase. You may additionally send an ability name with this action. If you do and the target has that ability, Toll must be paid with that ability.
{PT} (3-Shot) Lord of the Flyers: You advertise a great deal! You may make additional actions this Phase equal to the number of shots this action has when used.
(Information) Contract: Choose one of the following ways to fulfill your Contract with Beelzebub.
Inaction: You may only None until the end of the next Night Phase.
Toll: You must give up an ability to Beelzebub.
Information: You must reveal your role name and an ability of your choice that you haven’t paid before to Beelzebub.
Life: You die, nullifying the Contract.

(Information) HP: All players start the game with 3 HP. Whenever you are reduced to 0 HP or less, you die.

No Bonk Badge - 100 pons
(1-Shot, Auto) No Bonk Badge: Whenever you use a kill action, it fails.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 09:19:12 am by webadict »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 31, 2020, 02:23:31 am »

Jim Groovester pulls out a Scanner and scans TricMagic, who probably wishes they could talk right now.

Well, TricMagic came back as town which is honestly not what I expected.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 2 - Fixed The Glitch
« Reply #950 on: December 31, 2020, 02:27:06 am »

I'd ask what the new Badge being sold is, but you should probably get to bed, wuba.

Secondly. Fuck you, dolores.

But you know what, it's fair. Can't change what's been done, only gotta deal with it. It doesn't strike me as a scummy action, just a painful one. Unvote.

Currently, the people I want to look into the most are Jim Groovester, notquitethere, and Toaster. I also notice that Leafsnail was a bit more active towards the end of Day 1, so hopefully we'll see a lot more from him now? Which should let me make a proper judgement as to whether or not he's scum.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #951 on: December 31, 2020, 02:28:25 am »

NJW: You got an interesting ability.

FallacyOfUrist: Anyone who uses the OWO emoticon is automatically guilty.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 31, 2020, 02:29:47 am »

A part of me expected that. I thought it was unlikely but I was prepared for the possibility. That’s why I laughed instead detailing an actual reason for why TricMagic wasn’t town. There have been enough ridiculous plays by the town in this game, that I could easily imagine Tric being another townie who shot himself in the foot.

I don’t think we need to do RVS anymore.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: December 31, 2020, 02:30:46 am »

A part of me expected that. I thought it was unlikely but I was prepared for the possibility. That’s why I laughed instead detailing an actual reason for why TricMagic wasn’t town. There have been enough ridiculous plays by the town in this game, that I could easily imagine Tric being another townie who shot himself in the foot.

It just would have been incredibly painful if that were the case. You have to laugh or else you’ll just cry.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #954 on: December 31, 2020, 02:32:29 am »

I don’t think we need to do RVS anymore.

I don't even know what's an RVS. So anyways.

Jim Groovester: Why did you chose to make your night action public?

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 31, 2020, 02:32:42 am »

Nice of scum to re-enable roleflips.
Secondly. Fuck you, dolores.
A lot of the people on your provisional list and you I thought were town. It's two-for-one.

Quick notes before I write a longer set of reads then get into my problems with vector:
FoU looks very towny coming out of the end of D1. Juicebox looks towny, though I guess that read's kinda outdated now.
The flavor confirm only confirmed that ICT was indeed contracted, not that they're town. Without a scum!toonyman that's no longer a townread I guess.
I don't have a huge problem with leafsnail besides the lack of activity, which I'm not thinking is motivated by alignment.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 31, 2020, 02:35:37 am »

Well, TricMagic came back as town which is honestly not what I expected.

So Jim, since you’re a cop, how reliable do you think your investigations will be? Neither Toony, nor Juicebox, nor I, and probably not yourself have abilities that interfere with the outcomes of these things. We haven’t encountered a miller so far.

Dolores in that case, what do you think of the mason claim?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 31, 2020, 02:37:25 am »

Blessings, Wubba.

Nirur Torir, bandwagoning.

There's something I'm missing here. Because of Toony's claim, it sounded like HeyDude became confirmed town. But looking at his (Toony's) abilities on flip, I don't actually see a cop/block action that he mentioned. Can anyone explain this for me? Maybe NQT?

Hello LO. 1. What are you claiming exactly? 2. heydude is right, you should do more posts like the last one you did where you paid attention to people's behavior. That post was a big improvement.

Quick notes before I write a longer set of reads then get into my problems with vector:

I await your commentary.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: December 31, 2020, 02:39:18 am »

Kawaiiii~

This is totally breadcrumbing and I will be sure to reference it later.

I don't even know what's an RVS.
See, this is why we need more fun and interesting games with a beginner-friendly mentoring component. Grumble grumble. Anyways, RVS is 'Random Voting Stage', a phrase referring to the phase of the game where everyone throws out random questions and votes to the other players in an attempt to get activity going.

Jim Groovester: Why did you chose to make your night action public?
I'd like to know this as well, honestly. Like. It's only Day 2 and you're claiming an alignment investigation ability?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 31, 2020, 02:40:28 am »

Dolores what do you think of Leafsnail not revealing his contract while me and Iceytea were squabbling?

Do you agree with Toonyman when he says it’s scummy?

Leafsnail, why didn’t you speak up during that critical moment?

Vector he lied about being able to confirm my alignment. He genuinely thought that me announcing the contract immediately was a town tell. People interpreted this belief of his as a Scumtell.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 122