Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 98446 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 2 - Start The Year Out A Head
« Reply #1290 on: January 02, 2021, 04:45:48 pm »

I think you missed me buying a no bonk badge for myself, here[/b]
Buy a no bonk badge, because I don't have a kill and have a suspicious hole in my schedule.
I did, because I didn't see my name.

You purchase a Badge and slap it on your upper arm. This happens before the shop closes on everyone for Nighttime.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 2 - Start The Year Out A Head
« Reply #1291 on: January 02, 2021, 05:27:58 pm »

Spoiler: Mod Notes (click to show/hide)

heydude6 points their finger at Toaster, but before heydude6 can say anything at all, Toaster decides to leave a few last comments. They clear their throat and face the crowd before saying, "first of all, do some basic research and watch this video proving webadict is really 6 people in a trenchcoat second of all, i liked these byor videos when they had guests stars like tony hawk on them, but no it's just a sell out to the corporations." Nobody really has much idea about what Toaster is talking about, so hector13 blasts heatvision into Toaster, obliterating them in a flash of red light.

When did hector13 get heatvision? Training montage off-screen.

In the background, Jim Groovester and dolores are unceremoniously thrown to the Doppelgangers. At least Jim Groovester did a cool little dive into them, though. I saw it, it was definitely cool.

Vote Count
------------------------
dolores - 0 -
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
heydude6 - 0 -
IcyTea31 - 2 - Luckyowl*, Toaster*,
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Leafsnail - 0 -
Luckyowl - 0 -
Nirur Torir - 0 -
NJW2000 - 0 -
notquitethere - 0 -
Toaster - 8 - Nirur Torir*, Leafsnail*, notquitethere*, NJW2000*, IcyTea31*, Vector*, FallacyofUrist*, heydude6*,
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 3 - TricMagic*, dolores, Jim Groovester,

7 to Hammer. Day ends on January 03, 2021 at 19:00 CST (~27 hours remaining).

Toaster has been lynched.

Toaster was the YouTube Comment Section (town).

dolores has been modkilled.

dolores was The BYOR15 Role that Sounds Wacky and Exciting but Basically Turns the Game into Mountainous Except Actually All it Really Does is Make Me (And Everyone Else That Picks 11) Regret Giving Free Reign to webadict in Designing it (town).

Jim Groovester has been modkilled.

Jim Groovester was webadict's Plasma Bomb from Bastard Paranormal 3 (mafia).

It is now Night. Night actions must be in by January 03, 2021 at 17:00 CST (~24 hours from this post.)

Role Name: YouTube Comment Section
Alignment: Town
Wincon: You win when all anti-Town factions are dead and at least one Town member is alive.
Shenanigans: 11
Abilities:
(Auto) Comments Have Been Turned On: All players gain access to Leave Comment. All Leave Comments and their target(s) are visible to you. This ability is revealed at the beginning of the game.
(Night) Moderate [target]: Force the target to reveal a role name and a random ability they have access to (their choices). If you get an ability you have already seen or an ability you own this way, you may use Flame on the target as a free action.
(3-Shot, Modifier) In-Depth Review: When you use Moderate, you may additionally receive the target’s alignment.
(Unusable, Day) Flame [target]: Looks like someone just started a flame war. With the wrong person. Votes count for double against the target during this Day Phase.
(Night) Disable Comments [target]: Remove Leave Comment from the target. This is a free action if it's the first time it's been used in a Phase.

Role Name: The BYOR15 Role that Sounds Wacky and Exciting but Basically Turns the Game into Mountainous Except Actually All it Really Does is Make Me (And Everyone Else That Picks 11) Regret Giving Free Reign to webadict in Designing it
Wincon: You win when all anti-Town factions are dead and at least one Town member is alive.
Shenanigans: 11
Abilities:
(Auto) Wacky And Hilarious Hijinks: You cannot use any other abilities except Oops, All Mountainous. You cannot be the target of any abilities. This ability is revealed at the beginning of the game.
{P1} (Night) Oops, All Mountainous [target]: Target player gains Temporarily Mountainous until the end of the following Day Phase. If this targets a player with Shenanigans 11, gain a charge of Regret.
{P6} (0-Shot) Regret: You win the game. Good luck figuring out how to use this! Heck, maybe ol' senile web didn't even design a way to get this usable!

Spoiler: Jim Groovester (click to show/hide)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Night 2 - Two Modkills And A Welding
« Reply #1292 on: January 02, 2021, 10:37:27 pm »

haha I'm going to bah at night what is webadict going to do modkill me

Good luck, everyone, and sorry.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: January 02, 2021, 10:58:10 pm »

haha I'm going to bah at night what is webadict going to do modkill me

Good luck, everyone, and sorry.
No need to apologize. It happens. I can give you a seat in the Spectator's Lounge.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: January 03, 2021, 09:17:54 pm »

Where oh where did my energy go! Just start the game already!

By the way, Godzilla is here.

IcyTea31 has died.

IcyTea31 was Head #2 On 4maskwolf’s Hydra (town).

notquitethere has died of HP Loss.

notquitethere was Pollen (town).

Vote Count
------------------------
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
heydude6 - 0 -
Leafsnail - 0 -
Luckyowl - 0 -
Nirur Torir - 0 -
NJW2000 - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 8 - Nirur Torir, TricMagic, Leafsnail, Luckyowl, NJW2000, Vector, FallacyofUrist, heydude6,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on January 06, 2021 at 19:00 CST (~70 hours remaining).

Role Name: Head #2 On 4maskwolf’s Hydra
Shenanigans: 10
Abilities:
(Auto) Hail Hydra: You start the game in Hydrachat with 4maskwolf. You and 4maskwolf both receive your roles and alignments. Additionally, you and 4maskwolf may share your actions and cannot change alignments.
{PT} (Auto) Regrowth: Whenever you are killed, create another player that is controlled by you. If 4maskwolf dies, all copies die immediately, and you die at the end of the next Phase.
{P0} (1-Shot, Night) Copy [target1] [target2]: A cool copy. You copy target1’s ability and use it on target2.
{P4} (1-Shot, Night) Redirect [target1] [target2]: A rockin’ redirect. You redirect target1 and make them target target2 instead.
{P2} (1-Shot, Night) Bus [target1] [target2]: A bitchin’ bus. You bus target1 and target2 so that abilities that target them target the other instead.
Role Name: Pollen
Shenanigans: 8
Abilities:
(Auto) Germination: At the start of each Day Phase after the first, you gain one Vote. You may only have a maximum of three votes.
(Night) Seasonal Allergies [target]: Give the target an Allergic Reaction.
(1-Shot, Day) Anaphylactic Shock [target]: Steal the target's vote(s) until the end of the Cycle. If the target is already affected by Allergic Reaction, you may also remove them from the game until the end of the Cycle. They cannot be voted and cannot vote during this time.
(1-Shot, Modifier) Microspore [target]: Use this in addition to another ability you control. This ability also targets the target.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 3
« Reply #1295 on: January 03, 2021, 09:37:03 pm »

Lunch Fal I guess? Either way it's time for role reveals. And what happened last night. Performs a Hat Trick and goes to bed.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: January 03, 2021, 09:40:48 pm »

Nirur Torir for now. I'm going to go back and reread NQT's D1 analysis and some other stuff.

I note that this calls into question Jim's scan on Tric.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 03, 2021, 09:42:38 pm »

Unfortunate.
With Godzilla here, I guess we're at lylo/mylo, with a 70 hour day.

My night's action was to make two people unblockable, getting two weird Vector abilities in exchange. I thought there was another day, I need two abilities to give people double actions.

NJW: I think you've been hiding in plain sight all game. Can you explain what you did in D2 that was useful? It looks to me like all you did was hide behind the Toaster/Tea scuffle and throw some wine about Vector in a reads list.
Vector - Null. Has been participating and apparently helping town, but nothing scum!Vector wouldn't necessarily do. A little suspect due to the strange explosion over the Toony lynch yesterday. Also, claimed the dweller mask, and there was just a daykill... hm, I guess scum wouldn't claim that then use a daykill. Huh, need to think that one through.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: January 03, 2021, 09:44:14 pm »

goddammit Nirur Torir I needed those
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: January 03, 2021, 09:47:16 pm »

Looks like I was right about Jim being mafia nya, but wrong about Toaster and nyotquitethere. To be furr, we were all wrong about Toaster, but I'm still unhappy my reads were wrong.

It's MYLO as furr as I can tell, so we really need to lynch a mafia member if we want to avoid a near-purrfect sweep victory for their team.

Also I'm a catgirl today, so that's nyice. (Yes I do have a post restriction, but the power is worth it)

Droops my ears in deep thought.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: January 03, 2021, 09:49:39 pm »

My night's action was to make two people unblockable, getting two weird Vector abilities in exchange. I thought there was another day, I need two abilities to give people double actions.

Wait: Why does making two people unblockable lead you to get two of my abilities?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: January 03, 2021, 09:51:02 pm »

goddammit Nirur Torir I needed those
You needed them? But I didn't target you.

Wait: Why does making two people unblockable lead you to get two of my abilities?
I multi-targetted an ability trade. It can only go off when someone tries to block or redirect me, who was it?

Looks like I was right about Jim being mafia nya, but wrong about Toaster and nyotquitethere. To be furr, we were all wrong about Toaster, but I'm still unhappy my reads were wrong.

It's MYLO as furr as I can tell, so we really need to lynch a mafia member if we want to avoid a near-purrfect sweep victory for their team.

Also I'm a catgirl today, so that's nyice. (Yes I do have a post restriction, but the power is worth it)

Droops my ears in deep thought.
What could possibly be worth this?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: January 03, 2021, 09:52:57 pm »

EBWOP: The multi-targeting needs me to be blocked or redirected. The ability trade would have gone through regardless.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #1303 on: January 03, 2021, 09:54:22 pm »

TricMagic: What did you do last night?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: January 03, 2021, 09:57:07 pm »

I'm glad you asked nyaa! The answer is... the ability to unlock my Stand!

Well, nyo, but I do get a very powerful day inspect ability that I'm pawsitive will let me learn all my target's hidden abilities! (And one of both an auto and an action, but that part isn't as cool nya)

Why do mew wanna knyow? Tilts my head and twitches my ears.

I totally furrshadowed this!~
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 122