Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Splint's Vanilla Expanded Mod v10.1 - Bug fixes and other stuff  (Read 47959 times)

Ithilrandir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Vanilla Expanded Mod v9.3 - Book Titles and other small things
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2021, 08:08:04 am »

I can't seem to be able to build any of the alchemy related workshops.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2021, 08:50:06 am »

I can't seem to be able to build any of the alchemy related workshops.

Alchemy related workshops? I'd have to double check but I'm pretty sure I didn't make anything like that. Sure you weren't looking for a different mod?

Ithilrandir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2021, 09:21:21 am »

Alchemy related workshops? I'd have to double check but I'm pretty sure I didn't make anything like that. Sure you weren't looking for a different mod?

It's the things from content from civilization forge 3.0 I think. Everything which requires the alchemy exists in the game and I can still request (most of) them from caravans. But because the workshop do not exist I cannot do anything beyond that.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2021, 11:27:57 am »

It's the things from content from civilization forge 3.0 I think. Everything which requires the alchemy exists in the game and I can still request (most of) them from caravans. But because the workshop do not exist I cannot do anything beyond that.

Starters, wrong mod. There's no alchemy stuff from CivForge in here, what is still there is creatures, some plants and some inorganics that are acquired through conventional means (via ores) instead of alchemy.

I'll take a gander at my CivForge files regardless, entirely possible something I intended to remove got left in or vice versa.

rabiid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2021, 03:18:30 am »

Hey mate, totally new to modding dwarf fortress so forgive me for asking stupid questions. I want to use modest mod aswell but want to make sure its compatible. i dont plan on using any of the modules included in said mod except "everything is tameable". Will this work as far as you know? Again, sorry for the noobish questions but i want to make sure i dont screw it up. Thank you in adavnce and a very Merry Christmas to ya!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2021, 10:25:45 am »

Hey mate, totally new to modding dwarf fortress so forgive me for asking stupid questions. I want to use modest mod aswell but want to make sure its compatible. i dont plan on using any of the modules included in said mod except "everything is tameable". Will this work as far as you know? Again, sorry for the noobish questions but i want to make sure i dont screw it up. Thank you in adavnce and a very Merry Christmas to ya!

Merry Christmas to you as well!  No such thing as a dumb question my friend. I'd wager it'll mostly work fine just installing that over my stuff, but that said I never made this with anything altering vanilla files in mind (though I did try to minimize my own tampering with vanilla stuff.)

Creature files have been modified either to account for changes to animal man variants (mainly just profession name stuff) but some others add discipline and some combat skills to some creatures, like dogs and horses, and in the case of the pre-install version of creature_standard, adds new forms of the bronze colossus (like ones made of lead, iron, or gold.)

Affect files consist of the following.
Code: [Select]
creature_desert_new
creature_large_temperate
creature_large_tropical
creature_next_underground
creature_insect
creature_other
creature_domestic
creature_subterranean
creature_reptiles
creature_standard

So maybe cross-reference and add the [PET], [MOUNT], or thier less easy equivalents [PET_EXOTIC] or [MOUNT_EXOTIC] to the things you think need it (I'd give vermin a pass on being easy tames since they aren't useful for much of anything.) Otherwise if using all the stuff from here you might have guys toting hand-cannons being called blowgunners, among other strange or annoying things.

I'd make shit compatible, but frankly at this point it'd be far far too tedious for it to be worth it to me personally to do so.

In other news, I have another update coming, which is going to add a few new optional civs, among other things. It mostly consists of new plants, but those civs, some minor bugfixes, and a couple new creatures will be in as well.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Vanilla Expanded Mod v9.4 - General Expansion
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2022, 12:21:49 pm »

Hey hey! We're back with another update. Meant to have it out, like, a week ago.

This one is rather extensive, including newly curated goodies from SQman's misc. stuff mod, but also plenty of original work.

Code: (v9.5 Changelog) [Select]
New in v9.4

BUGFIXES
- Hopefully fixed multiple grasses that were almost certainly not spawning.
- Finally fixed that stupid error on the arctic rhino lizards. Turns out it was a missing tissue layer line. Thank you to ZM5.

NEW ADDITION - SQman's Misc Stuff
Some curated stuff from the generous permission of SQman. Changes will be listed if I made any, and anything he made can be found marked as MISC_SQ. I mostly cherry-picked what I thought best fit into SVE.

New Plants
- Bunny-ear Spinnach: Found in good temperate grassland, shrubland, and savanna. Variant of spinach whose leaves resemble the ears of domestic rabbits. Grows from Spring to Autumn. (slight change to name, dropping an S. Made good biome plant and changed tile)
- Beggar's Bowl: Mushroom found underground in layers 1 and 2, with a fruiting body in the shape of a wide bowl. They can be grown year round, and brewed into beggar's wine (Changed tile, changed name of drink from firewater. Hits the mental ear better in my opinion.)
- Gemling Oak (Jeweled Tree): A crystalline tree of impeccable beauty with valuable aquamarine-colored wood. Thanks to the crystals that give it its wonderous appearance, derived lumber is quite heavy. Wood has a value of 30, and it can be found in any good forest.
- Great Sundew (Tree Sundew): A gigantic sundew plant, with a thick woody stem. Found in any savage temperate wetland (Not perfect for the biome, but the range map is mostly places traditionally thought of as mostly temperate I would imagine.)
- Giant Trumpet Pitcher: A large pitcher-plant whose leaves resemble tumpets or other musical horns. They can be found in any savage wetland.
- Pitcher Tree: Exactly what it sounds like, a huge pitcher plant. Found in any savage tropical wetlands.
- Giant Birdtrap (Flytrap Tree): A giant flytrap-type tree, this towering plant is found in savage temperate marshes.

New Creatures
- Cowry Swallow: A small, strange bird with proportionally small legs, large wings, and a protective shell around its body. They can be found along the coast of savage temperate oceans. Considered vermin, comes with a giant variant.
- Fairy Wyvern: A relatively small and friendly wyvern that zips around on fey-like wings snacking on vermin. Changed to a regular creature a around the size of a cat. Found in good tropical forests, savanna and shrubland. Size 4500, pet value 30. (Made good biome exclusive, increased size, made vermin catcher, added wider range of colors for its scales and eyes.)
- Blind Drakwyrm (Blind Wyvern): A wyvern-like monster the size of a human found underground in layers 1 and 2 in groups of up to 4. It is entirely blind, relying on a pair of thick whiskers to sense prey though it can still serve as a decent enough mount if needed, despite its size. Size 70k, pet value 550. (Changed name, more scale colors.)
- Dragon Horse: A large, horse-shaped lizard found in good mountains, lake shores and wetlands. Despite appearances they often take well to domestication, should a population be found to train. Size 600k, pet value 500 and trainable. (made pet_exotic and good biome exclusive, more eye colors.)
- Jabberwock: A large reptilian monster found lurking in evil temperate swamps. It sports a pair of wings, allowing it to fly as if to spite its ragged, loose-skinned appearance. Thankfully they reproduce slowly and only pop up as solitary hunters. Size 120k, trainable. (Added some more scale color options)
- Fire Rat: Rare rat or perhaps more likely, beaver-like creature found in the magma sea. Size 15k, pet value 30. Their leather has a value of 10.
- Boreox: A huge relative of the yak found in inhospitable forzen lands. Occurs in savage tundra and glaciers in groups of 4-8. Size 7.5 million, pet value 550 and usable as both mounts and pack animals, as well as providing milk. (Savage biome exclusive, cluster size reduced slightly.)
- Gungnir: A massive, ice-tusked mammoth found in savage tundras and glaciers alone or in groups of up to 7. Trainable for war, but cannot be used for mounts and is a grazer. Size, pet value 650. (Slight change to description, savage biome exclusive.)
- Flederhounds: Creatures that resemble flightless bats found in a variety of savage (mostly) environments.
-- Black Flederhound: A large and ponderous species of flederhound found in savage temperate wetlands. Size 100k, trainable, and usable as a mount. Pet value 100.
-- Vampire Flederhound: A large and unfriendly creature with unusually large incisors for a flederhound. It hunts primarily by grappling prey and slicing its flesh to drink the leaking blood. Found in evil tropical forests and shrubland in groups of up to 3. Pet value 60, size 25k. Trainable.
-- White Flederhound: A speedy variant of flederhound found in savage tropical forests, coming in packs of 3-6. Pet value 65, trainable, and size of 37.5k.
-- Brown Flederhound: A nocturnal predator found in savage temperate forests alone or in pairs. Size 50k, pet value 50 and trainable.
- Crag Dog: A canine beast with a protective covering of rocky tissue found in savage mountains and deserts in small packs of 3-5. Trainable, pet value 50, size 35k.
- Bonecracker: A baboon-like ape found in evil deserts in groups of up to 3, scavenging the dead for any scrap of food even if its naught but dry bones. Pet value 40, trainable, size 21k. (Evil biome exclusive, increased cluster size, decreased pet value.)
- Volsung: A large, ill-tempered and antlered ape with icy spines on its back. They are found in savage tundra, taiga, and glaciers alone or in pairs. Trainable, size 200k, pet value of 300. (Savage biome exclusive, pet value reduced.)
- Flying Monkey: An unfriendly flying ape found in evil broadleaf forests, be they tropical or temperate, in groups of 5-10. They will attempt to steal food, booze, and items. Size 40k, pet value 50. (Reduced pet value.)
- Rokubi: A six-tailed fox with limited ability to control fire, hunting smaller creatures in good mountains and temperate forests. Pet value 65, size 20k, trainable for hunting. (Made pet_exotic, good biome exclusive.)

New foods! Given limitations these are more for visual variety.

Easy
- Mash
- Paste
- Thin Porridge
- Pancake
- Slop

Fine
- Pottage
- Skewers
- Salad
- Rolls
- Balls
- Rings

Lavish
- Pudding (as in the savory kind)
- Pie
- Cake
- Pastries

NEW PLANTS
plant_surface_grasses_ex
- Curling Guts: A type of meat grass similar to wormy tendril and staring eye, found anywhere those strange plants might be found. As the name implies, they resemble intestines.
- Nailweed: Large blades of grass that resemble the fingernails of some humanoids, found in evil biomes.
- Shimmer Lichen: Glittering light blue moss found in good mountains.
- Angel Hair: Wavy golden and silver-colored grasses found in good biomes.
- Rosepetal: A red grass resembling the petals of a rose, found in non-freezing good biomes.
- Candyreed: Red and white candy-cane grasses, for those who want some holiday cheer year round, seen in good tundra and taiga.

plant_surface_shrubs_ex
- Tanglegut: A harvestable shrub found in evil biomes, made of course, from meat. Guts specifically. They're edible, and take about a season to grow from tanglegut polyps.
- Staring Stalk: Harvestable shrub, companion to staring eye grass.  They can be eaten, brewed into staring brew, and take about a season to grow from staring lenses.
- Fairywing: Thread crop found in good temperate forests and taiga. As I was lazy and used rope reed as a base, it can also be used to make paper (called Feysheet) and brewed into Feywine as well.
- Lover's Berry: A red heart-shaped berry found in non-freezing good biomes. It can be brewed into valued cupidity. Thankfully it isn't shaped like an actual living heart. Induces feelings of arousal when eaten and lust when drunk.
- Iceland Moss: Slightly fantastical take on the lichen of the same name. Grows in mountains, taiga and tundra from spores. It can be eaten raw or cooked and brewed into iceland tea.
- Hing: A relative of fennel, it must be processed into either ground hing or the extract asafoetida for consumption. It can be found growing in any savage shrubland or savanna as well as tropical dry broadleaf forests.
- Shallot and Scallion: Somewhat less common (at a frequency of 20) varieties of onion, though found in a wider range of biomes in temperate and tropical broadleaf forests, and both forms of shrubland. Because they are likely to be less common, they are slightly more valuable than standard onions or leeks.
- Chives: New world onion, far less common than the base onion (frequency 15 and as such slightly more valuable,) but found in any temeprate biome just like it.
Oriental Onion: A much less common form of onion (frequncy 15,) found in savage temperate and tropical broadleaf forests, and both forms of shrubland. Yet a smidge more valuable than the other new onion types.
- Silphium: A fantastical interpretation of an ancient herb/spice that was possibly a hybrid of several fennel species in an area of overlap in North Africa. It was highly valued in antiquity to such a degree supply was run through in just over a century supposedly. Unlike IRL, it can be grown, though it takes two seasons. It also needs to be processed into either Ground Silphium (value 75) or Silph Juice (value 100, real name Laserpicium,) to be utilized in cooked food. (Yes I watch Tasting History, how can you tell?)

It grows only in temperate savage forests and shrubland and appears somewhat uncommon compared to other plants added by the mod, with a frequency of 35. This means you'll have to settle those biomes and either hope it's there or hope some neighbors will be selling silphium seeds if you want a steady supply. It will also induce a stronger syndrome than most spice crops added by the mod for consuming a lavishly seasoned meal.

NEW CREATURES
creature_surface_other_ex
- Lantern Deer: Happy holidays! Lantern Deer can be found in the same (good) biomes as regular reindeer. Compared to their common cousins they can carry more, are noticeably larger, and can be used as mounts and wagon pullers. They also glow in low light conditions (at least on paper.) Size 250k, max age of 180 to 300 years. They also have natural discipline.
- Cherub: A small winged humanoid resembling a human child found in good forests. Despite appearances they are prone to theft of food and items.

creature_bird_surface_ex
- Blue-maned Hawk: Bird with a vibrant blue crest around its head and neck and brilliant red tail feathers found in good mountains and forests. They're quite large by bird standards, being heavy as a human. They can be trained for war and hunting as well and have a value of 60.
- Celestial Falcon: A huge eagle with starry feathers found soaring over any savage biomes at a low frequency. Size 1 million, pet value 850, usable as a mount. Takes 15 years to reach full size.

creature_mammal_surface_ex
-Feywild Charger: Based on a reindeer... Elk... Whatever thing that warhammer wood elves sometimes use as mounts. Majestic fair-furred elk with sharp antlers found in good temperate biomes, tundra, and taiga. Twice the size of a horse and possessed of some natural skills. Size 1 million, pet value 650. Trainable for war.
- Doomsteed: A hulking brute of a horse, able to match a feywild charger in size and exceed it in strength, ferocity and matching Hadean Chargers below in durability. They are inky black in color with deep red eyes and manes, being found anywhere evil with incredibly low frequency (so capture them if you can!) Being evil they are likely to be fielded by evil civs as well, and so it may be worth it to conduct cattle raids to acquire them and thier slightly lesser cousins the Hadean Chargers should one want them.  Size 1 million, pet value 800. Trainable for war, and don't age.
- Shadow Courser: A swift steed with black fur, starry manes and brilliant blue eyes found in any savage grasslands, savanna and shrubland. Though a little lighter than typical horses and can't be used as pack or draft animals, but they are extremely fast and do not tire easily with unnatural endurance and far higher agility than normal. Pet Value 550, size 450k. Trainable for war.
- Hadean Charger: Based on Prophesy of Pendor's Netherworld Charger. Highly prized as war horses, these beasts are horses of unparalleled endurance and durability, with maxed out toughness, endurance, recuperation and inability to feel pain. They are 50% larger than a horse and found in evil biomes similar to the Shadow Courser above. They are somewhat slow though compared to some horses. Due to their usefulness as war mounts they aren't used for draft animal duty. Pet value 600, size 750k. Trainable for war.
- Voidram: Large carnivorous sheep with stark black fleece, blood red horns, and glowing gold, yellow or orange eyes found in evil grasslands and savanna. Almost as large as a horse and thus able to be used as mounts and pack animals (with a bit of trimming to their fleece to make way for packs or saddles of course.) Size 400k, pet value 400. Trainable for war.
- Oryx and variants: Larger relative of gazelle and antelopes with long, straight horns found in tropical savanna, grasslands, and shrublands. Size 45k, pet value 60.
- Pronghorn and variants: Antelope-like creature with short horns found in temperate savanna, grasslands, and shrubland. Size 35k, pet value 55.

creature_entity_ex
Destrier: A large and heavy warhorse bred and used by humans, granting them thier own war creature similar to hill dogs (as messenger horses are more of a travel than fighting thing,) storm hawks, and so forth. As such they do not exist outside of domestic settings, and are extremely valuable compared to normal horses. Size 600k, pet value 1000. Cannot be milked or used as pack animals.

Mastiff: Noticably larger than regular dogs, Mastiffs are intended to serve as war dogs and so lack some of the broader utility of the standard dog. Size 45k, Pet value 50, War trainable only, common domestic (should make them available to everyone.) Very high strength and has some natural skills. Tend to have lower life expectencies. Thanks to thier way better stats, they should be able to overpower unprepared and poorly equipped opponents when used in packs far more readily than standard dogs.

NOTE: The Destrier, Doomsteed, Feywild Charger, Shadow Courser, Voidram, and Hadean Charger are trainable so you can assign them to soldiers as mounts for off-map excursions.

NEW CIVS - Generic Fantasy Addon
These civs are basically optional inclusions for those who want more bad guys to fight that hopefully won't feel too out of place. There's no specific gimmicks really, and these guys are basically just raging assholes, but not really any more so than goblins. Consequently they might also appear as mercenaries and the like. They won't appear in the pre-installs besides the all-in-one.

They are explained in greater detail in the Generic Fantasy Entities readme. That said, a little unclear if I have the bugbears working right. The others spawned fine though.

- Bugbears: Unlike typical fare being DnD ripoffs, the SVE edition's are distant cousins to trolls. Their size means they can use any weapon one-handed comfortably, so lopping the hand off one with a great cleaver or pike isn't going to slow him down much.

- Orcs: Similar to Goblins, they're slightly less dickish as people and noticably bigger than a human, but not enough to go one-handing great-weapons. They are a fierce warrior people and readily engage in slavery and mortuary cannibalism, much like the Delves below.

- Ogern: Based on ogres, but civ capable and far smaller (being just a bit smaller than a vanilla troll.) Not slow-learner types but still dumber than sled tracks though with abysmal anyalitcal skills, among other things. Highly greedy and quite fond of munching on anyone and anything, borrowing from Warhammer Fantasy a bit. Like Bugbears, they can use any weapon one-handed thanks to their size, so impairing their great-weapon users requires a bit more effort.

- Delves: Discount Drow, with more egalitarianism and slightly more cannibalism.

The addition also includes two plant-based civs and one semi-rock based one. Credit to rinestone and Enemy Post for the plant ones.
- Geodes: Stone-skinned humanoids who live in mountain halls. They come in winter to trade. Largely humorless, tough, but kinda slow with lower average agility and top speed compared to humans.

- Petalken (Haiza): Friendly flower people with an affinity for wind. Has a knockback wind attack. Come to trade in spring. Name essentially means "Flower knowledge."

- Spinelings (Kairin): Hostile cactus-like people, active year round. Has a spine-shot ability for basic defense/skirmishing. Babysnatcher civ.

NEW ITEMS

item_tool_ex
- Portable smithing kit: Contains everything a travelling blacksmith needs: Small furnace for smelting small amounts of ore and recycling scraps, a small anvil, various tongs and hammers and a little box to store it all in. Requires 3 bars to make, weapons-grade metal only. Value 30, size 500
- Portable woodworking kit: Mechanically identical to the above. Contains everything a travelling carpenter or woodcrafter needs: small hand saws, woodworking chisels and hammers, some clamps and a little box to store it all in. Requires 3 bars to make, weapons-grade metal only. Value 25, size 450

These two items are meant to serve as a possible starting point should I implement some kind of adventure mdoe crafting. All you'll need to do is find someone with a toolkit you need or laying around somewhere and trade for or loot it.

NEW INORGANICS - FANTASY METALS
- Stones
-- Raw Ebony: Commonly seen in fantasy settings, either by this name or something else. A shiny black ore found somewhat rarely in igneous layers deep under ground, and worth its weight in gold.
-- Raw Lunite: An ore of silver and iron with mystical properties, explained below. For all intents one can regardless as some kind of "moon" metal.

- Metals
-- Ebony: A black metal nearly as good as orichalcum and consequently worth its weight in gold. Due to its usefulness it is considered a "special" metal, meaning only the player will be able to produce stuff from it under normal conditions.
-- Lunite: A magical shimmering alloy of silver and iron, created when raw lunite is heated to the right temperature. Performs identically to steel apart from holding a far better edge (somehow,) and is slightly more valuable. The secret of properly refining raw lunite into this is known only to the dwarves, taking two hunks of raw lunite and producing 3 bars of its refined form.

MISC. CHANGES
plant_surface_shrub_ex
- Fennel can be brewed into fennel tea, inducing a feeling of zeal in the drinker. This is based on an old belief that drinking fennel tea can bring courage to warriors prior to battle.

creature_entities_spl_ex
- Messenger horses have received a description change, increased life expectency, had proper attribute changes made, and can no longer be milked (they're transports, not food supplies after all.)

EDITED VANILLA FILES
entity_default
- Humans now have proper war horses in the Destrier. Not as utilitarian as base horses nor as agile as messenger horses.

Now I'm pretty sure I've gotten all the new stuff into the pre-install options, but I'd highly recommend installing manually instead to be on the safe side (if using Fantasy Metals, remember to install it after the edited vanilla files and overwrite what it asks to.)

Enjoy and do let me know if there's any problems

GamingMasterAnthony

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2022, 04:02:36 pm »

whenever i try to activate the mod, this happens:

Mod Not Ready and the mod in orange.

(EDIT: I tried attaching photos but it didnt work)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 04:05:47 pm by GamingMasterAnthony »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2022, 05:45:58 pm »

I uh, I'm note sure what to tell you man. The mod's not really set up to play nice with things like LNP if that's the issue you're having.

GamingMasterAnthony

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2022, 02:31:12 pm »

I uh, I'm note sure what to tell you man. The mod's not really set up to play nice with things like LNP if that's the issue you're having.

Ah… yeah that would probably do it then.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2022, 01:00:31 pm »

Minor update. nothing critical, but I had to fix the Geodes (the rock people) who were left playable by accident. Threw some other changes and a couple other things on top for good measure.

Code: (changelog) [Select]

NEW IN v9.5

BUG FIXES
- Made Geodes non-playable in fort mode. That was not supposed to happen.
- Fixed an issue causing a compatibility problem with ZM5's What Lurks Below and the Generic Fantasy Creatures' undead enemies.

MISC. CHANGES
- Split the entity_evil_ex civs into seperate files, so you can pick and choose more easily.
- Renamed entity_forest_ex to entity_satyr_ex

!!NOTE!! The changes above have not been carried over to the pre-install folders!

NEW INORGANICS - FANTASY METALS
- Stones
-- Raw Solite: Ore of iron and gold, sun equivalent to Lunite. Can be found very rarely in all stones in veins, more commonly in igneous layers, and slightly more commonly in small clusters in alluvial clusters.

- Metals
-- Solite: Pretty much just gold lunite, but more valuable due to being rarer and comprised of magic gold. Only dwarves may produce this, as befitting thier metallurgic edge. Thought it appropriate to complete the "sun and moon" thing.

NEW PLANTS

plant_surface_shrub_ex
- Verglas: A light blue grain resembling frozen raindrops found growing in savage taiga and tundra. Can be milled into verglas flour or brewed into verglas ale. Grows in about a season, but only during spring, summer and autumn, from verglas grains.

plant_cavern_shrub_ex
- Bloodsap vine: A meaty tube found growing in the furthest depths of layer 3 around bodies of water. Can be cooked, eaten as is or extracted into deep syrup, which due to the difficulty of acquisition has a value of 25. Grows year round, and takes a bit under a season to grow from bloodsap polyps.

Grab the update here if you want it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Vanilla Expanded Mod v9.6 - More Minor fixes
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2022, 02:15:44 pm »

Meant to upload this like, two days ago.

Code: (Changelog) [Select]
NEW IN v9.6

BUGFIXES
- Fixed missing difficulty and attack requirements on the Phoenix.
- Fixed typo in dagger weed juice name.

MISC. CHANGES
- Changed Phoenix to an appropriate tile color (was cyan originally.)

NEW CREATURES
- Servals and variants. Small spotted wildcats found in tropical grasslands, savanna, and shrubland hunting alone. Size 10k, pet value 70. Also hunts vermin if domesticated.

Special thanks to chipathingy for the spot checks, also did a double check on the megabeasts so there shouldn't be any first summer disasters caused by them anymore. Neither I nor any of my playtesters (all two of them) had run into a problem like that with a megabeast since the stone titan mishap a while back.

I didn't want to do just a bugfix either, hence the servals, so enjoy those if you're into weird cats. Get the download via the main page.

Ramiel.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2022, 05:57:58 pm »

So I was getting a new game installation set up to play, and I find out you've recently(ish) reorganized your mod to make it much easier to use and update, which is absolutely fantastic.  While everything you (and other contributors) have done is great work, for me personally it's a bit much, so I usually hand-pick about 30~40% of the content to add into my game.  Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a readme with a comprehensive list of all the plants and creatures added, which makes it very difficult and tedious to go through the raws and know what's what.

So I made my own list, and figured I'd share it here for anyone else who wishes to use it.  Two lists with everything added in the Plants and Wild Creature folders, listed in order they appear in raws.  Descriptions are copy-pasted stright from the various readmes and changelogs, with minor formatting here and there.  Some details may be slightly off as content was changed in later updates; I didn't go through descriptions or updates carefully, though I did try to make sure at least any names were updated.

Code: (PLANTS) [Select]
CAVERN GRASSES
- Flake lichen: Purple colored mosses that crunch when stepped on. All layers, visual variety.
- Ember moss: Red mosses found in layer 3.
- Flare Lichen: white, bright red and yellow, found in layer 3.
- Pyre Lichen: white, bright red and yellow, found in layer 3.
- Gloomwort: Darker, purple-glowing relative of flake lichen found in layer 2 and 3.
- Living Rock: Ever growing and shrinking rock, found in layer 3.
- Blister Moss (Blood Blister): Fleshy, blister-like tissue found in layer 3.
- Fungal Roots (Fungal Mycelium): Exposed fungal mycelium, found in all layers. Likely related to Cave Fungus.
- Root Moss: An odd-looking fungus that resembles the roots of a more normal surface-living plant, found in layers 1 and 2.

CAVERN SHRUBS
- Glowcaps: Slow-growing, uncommon, and high value drink crop, producing the valued Moonglow.
- Slime Mold: If your average dwarf was sick of plump helmet, then they probably despise these. Grows quickly.
- Cave Bulb: A fragrant bulb that can be milled into spice or brewed into dwarven sherry
- Web Lichen: A rare underground plant, it can be eaten raw or brewed into dwarven firewater
- Dark Crystal Grass: A grass-like stalk covered in dark crystals. Cash crop that can be milled into dark violet dye
- Crimson Crystal Grass: A grass-like stalk covered in red crystals. Cash crop that can be milled into scarlet dye
- Verdant Crystal Grass: A grass-like stalk covered in green crystals. Cash crop that can be milled into jade dye
- Golden Crystal Grass: A grass-like stalk covered in golden crystals. Cash crop that can be milled into gold dye
- Magmavine: A glowing, warm-to-touch vine found in the deep caves. Can be brewed into valuable blazing tonic, which induces feelings of eagerness and enjoyment in the drinker. The vines can also be eaten, but have a chance of making the consumer feel displeasure from the heat of the vine's flesh.
- Deep Potato: A plant with tuberous growths and a pleasantly creamy texture found in deep caverns. Can be brewed in deep potato wine.
- Chimestalk: A plant that makes a windchime-like noise in the presence of moving air. Can be found in the lower depths of cavern 3. Can be milled in valuable silver dye, eaten raw, or brewed into chimewine.
- Saltcorn: An underground plant resembling short, albino corn. While not very good to eat on its own and unbrewable, its salty flour is highly valued as a salt substitute.
- Sumpweed: A fast-growing, unpleasant-tasting plant found deep underground. When brewed however, Sump Wine is noted for actually being quite palatable.
- Firecap: A bright yellow mushroom found in cavern 3. Can be milled into valuable orange dye or eaten raw. Takes a season to grow.
- Lavaberry: A bright red, warm berry growing from black shrubs that glow like magma, found in cavern 3. Can be brewed into Torchlight Tonic, which makes the drinker feel invigorated.
- Gloamwort: A purple glowing mushroom found in layers 2 and 3. They can be eaten raw or cooked, brewed into gloamwine or be processed into gloamwax, a useless but valuable extract. Value 4 plant and drink, value 50 extract.
- Cave Potato: A new version of the old plant, this albino tuber-producer is found in all layers and lacks the feel-good destressor found on the old version. Can be eaten raw, cooked, or brewed into dwarven vodka.
- Vortex Cup: A magenta-colored mushroom that produces a whirlpool or twister-like fruiting body. Can be cooked and eaten, or milled into a moderately valuable amethyst dye.
- Ignus Moss: A moss found in layer 3, it can be woven into firecloth or brewed into firewine.
- Feeler Fungus: Long pinkish mushrooms that grow long, slimy fruiting bodies found in layer 3. Can be milled into moderately valuable puce dye, eaten raw (though it causes some eaters mild displeasure,) or extracted into Feeler Oil.
- Imphorn: A squat, spiky red mushroom found in layer 3. Produces somewhat valuable Imp Liquor and fuchsia dye.
- Frog Fronde: A strange fern resembling a frog's leg with spiked toes found in layer 3. Can be cooked or milled into a valuable pine green dye.
- Vulcan Fern: An orange fern whose leaves seem to ripple with flames, yet emit none found in layer 3. Can be cooked (causing mild displeasure due to the heat, similar to magmavines,) brewed into Volcanic Ale or extracted into valuable Volcanic Essence.
- Devil's Urn: Name taken from Fungus Expansion by MottledPetrel. A grey mushroom found in layer 3. Takes a season to grow, millable into valuable Devil's Dust flour or edible raw and cooked. Value 5 plant, value 30 mill product.
- Bloodsap vine: A meaty tube found growing in the furthest depths of layer 3 around bodies of water. Can be cooked, eaten as is or extracted into deep syrup, which due to the difficulty of acquisition has a value of 25. Grows year round, and takes a bit under a season to grow from bloodsap polyps.
- Spice Cap: A spicy, bright red mushroom found in layer 1. They can be milled into moderately valuable dwarven spice, or brewed into dwarven schnapps.
- Black Moss: A simple mold that grows thick in places in layer 1. Can be brewed into Dwarven tea or milled into low value Blackmoss Dye.
- Albino Silkworm Nest (Silkworm Nest): Abstraction of cultivated worms, raised for thread like silkworms IRL. They are found in layer 1, and offer an extremely low-value means of getting silk, known simply as "worm silk" (so if you want something flashy, you'd be better off going after cave spider or giant cave spider silk instead.) Their seeds (eggs) can also be eaten when cooked.
- Flesh Bubble: A tumorous clump of meat found growing in layer 3. Edible. Unlike their original SE form, cannot be used to make dye, but can be safely grown and eaten, providing a more manageable supply of meat (they are consequently more valuable, since they're palatable, unlike many things found in say, What Lurks Below)
- Brain Fungus (Wrinkly brain cap): A cyan, brain-like mass found in layers 2 and 3. Can be milled into a pleasant, slightly valuable aquamarine dye, but are unpalatable and so not eaten when they *are* cultivated.
- Deep Vine (Violet Vine): A valuable purple thread plant found in the deep darkest reaches of layer 3.
- Stinktube: A tubular foul-smelling fungus, grown mainly for the poor-quality yellow dye it can be milled into, found in layer 1. Thanks to their terrible rot-like odor, nobody eats the things.
- Alchemist's Finger: A faster growing alternative to harder-to-find verdant crystal grass found in layer 1. While its dyes aren't as rich and consequently nowhere near as valuable, it is far easier to get and commonly cultivated for use in dye production.
- Glowpetal: A plant of moderate value found in layer 3, mainly sought out for its similarly valuable brew, Shinewine.
- Fuzz Orb (Fuzzy Ball): Found in layer 1 and 2, can be milled into moderately valuable orb flour or brewed into dwarven cider.
- Lantern Orb: Found in all layers, these fungi resemble a sphere on a slightly crooked stalk, emitting a deep blue light. While they can be grown if seeds are properly extracted, most simply gather and cook the plants and their relative abundance means they aren't particularly valued over other cavern plants.
- Dagger Weed: A low value, brown, cave-dwelling cousin of Blade Weeds found in all layers. Can be brewed into a bland but inoffensive dwarven juice (formerly dagger weed juice,) or eaten as is.
- Egg bulb: A strange fungus found in layer 1 with an egg-like fruiting body. They are unpalatable when eaten raw, so they are commonly just cooked and eaten as an egg replacement.
- Cave Corn: An albino troglodytic strain of maize, found in layers 1 and 2. Cave corn can eaten raw, be milled into dwarven corn flour or brewed into dwarven whiskey. Not to be confused with Saltcorn.
- Cave Bean: An albino, troglodytic cousin of some indeterminate bean species, found in all layers. Inedible as they are, they can be pressed for oil and edible press cakes.
- Flywing Fern (Flyleaf Fern): A simple cash crop, this brown fern is found uncommonly in layers 1 and 2, grown for use in dye production, where they produce a slightly more valuable bronze-colored dye.
- Bone Sprout: Found in the lowest reaches of layer 3 along the edge of cavern lakes and such, these slow-growing bone-like fungi are only really useful for their somewhat valuable ivory white dye.
- Cave Cactus: A blue-colored cave succulent, found somewhat rarely in layer 2 and 3. Tough and unpleasantly chewy even when cooked, they are only ever grown or gathered for the azure dye to be had from grinding them up.
- Toadnut Plant: Found in all layers, this plant produces strange-looking but inoffensive fruit from its pitcher-like flowers (suggesting the plant feeds on flies and the like.) Going by Eric's Raws, they need to be plucked by a thresher and cooked before they can be properly enjoyed.
- Beggar's Bowl: Mushroom found underground in layers 1 and 2, with a fruiting body in the shape of a wide bowl. They can be grown year round, and brewed into beggar's wine (Changed tile, changed name of drink from firewater. Hits the mental ear better in my opinion.)

CAVERN TREES
- Bright-cap: A bright green glowing mushroom tree found in layers 1 and 2. Default value.
- Spike Stalk: A cyan mushroom tree found in layer 3. Value 8.
- Flake-cap: A dark purple mushroom tree found in layers 2 and 3. Value 5.
- Slimewood: A brown mushroom tree found in layer 1 and 2. Default value.
- Gloomlight Tree: A dark green glowing tree found in layer 3. Value 8. Has edible spores and valuable drink, netherlight, at value 4.
- Blue-cap: A bright blue mushroom tree found in layers 2 and 3. Value 5.
- Blackash Tree: An unusual tree found growing in layers 1 and 2. It sports fibrous growths useful for paper production and its pods can be used for the production of blackash tea or eaten as is.

SURFACE GRASSES
- Bone-chime: Grass version of the giant bone-chime. Can be found in the same environments.
- Golden Haizaflower: A gold-colored flower (that is, grass) that can be found in temperate savage neutral grass and shrubland.
- Orange Haizaflower: An orange-colored flower found in temperate savage neutral forests and wetlands.
- Crimson Haizaflower: A dark red-colored flower found in temperate savage neutral wetlands.
- Curling Guts: A type of meat grass similar to wormy tendril and staring eye, found anywhere those strange plants might be found. As the name implies, they resemble intestines.
- Nailweed: Large blades of grass that resemble the fingernails of some humanoids, found in evil biomes.
- Shimmer Lichen: Glittering light blue moss found in good mountains.
- Angel Hair: Wavy golden and silver-colored grasses found in good biomes.
- Rosepetal: A red grass resembling the petals of a rose, found in non-freezing good biomes.
- Candyreed: Red and white candy-cane grasses, for those who want some holiday cheer year round, seen in good tundra and taiga.

SURFACE SHRUBS
- Purple Stranglevine - Evil wetland and forest plant. Can be brewed into Chokewine or milled into valuable purple dye.
- Cadaverberry Stalk - Evil grassland, savanna, and tundra plant.  Grows relatively quickly like plump helmets, but has an unpleasant sandy texture that often leaves the consumer feeling mildly annoyed.
- Sand potato: An absolutely disgusting but fast-growing plant found in evil deserts. Can also be used to make a tan dye.
- Tanglegut: A harvestable shrub found in evil biomes, made of course, from meat. Guts specifically. They're edible, and take about a season to grow from tanglegut polyps.
- Staring Stalk: Harvestable shrub, companion to staring eye grass.  They can be eaten, brewed into staring brew, and take about a season to grow from staring lenses.

- Rattleberry: Found in savage forests. A berry resembling a rattlesnake tail, it's as valuable as whip vine and can be brewed into Rattler.
- Shake-corn Shrub - Found in savage wetlands and forests. Grows relatively quickly like plump helmets, but often causes feelings of bordom due to their bland taste.
- Dustberry Shrub: Unexceptional plant found in savage deserts, noted for having a tasty wine made from the otherwise unremarkable red berries.
- Watervine: Taken from Caves of Qud, grows in any savage desert. Eating them or drinking the Refreshing Water made from them leaves the consumer feeling quite satisfied.
- Rock Carrot: Grows in savage badlands and wastelands. Not good for much besides eating when milled into rockroot flour.
- Dust Thistle: Grows in savage deserts. Not useful for much besides brewing into Thistle Tea or cooking it into meals directly.
- White-cap Morel: The tiny cousin of the giant white-cap, which can be used for food.
- Mealworm Colony: Small worms inspired by the meal lice from Oxygen Not Included and Eric Blank's Silkworm nest plant. Basically groups of little wriggly creatures that clump together for safety around a food source (such as table scraps dumped into a furrowed plot.) Found in savage wetlands and forests both temperate and tropical. Bland, but not offensive.
- Gloom-cap: Dark purple mushroom found in savage wetlands and tropical forests. Edible raw or cooked, but it's better to brew them as the things into Mire Wine, as the shrooms themselves have an unpleasant, waxy texture (induces a negative irritated moodlet.)
- Beefstalk: A slow-growing, meaty stalk that tastes like beef found in savage grasslands and savannas. Can be brewed into Beefjuice, eaten raw, or cooked, and grow from Beefstalk Splinters.
- Red Elf Cup: A red mushroom found in savage temperate forests and wetlands. Can be milled into modestly valuable scarlet dye, eaten, or brewed into Red Cup Brew.
- Green Elf Cup: A teal-colored relative of the above, found in savage tropical forests and wetlands. Milled into teal cap dye or brewed into green cup brew.
- Silphium: A fantastical interpretation of an ancient herb/spice that was possibly a hybrid of several fennel species in an area of overlap in North Africa. It was highly valued in antiquity to such a degree supply was run through in just over a century supposedly. Unlike IRL, it can be grown, though it takes two seasons. It also needs to be processed into either Ground Silphium (value 75) or Silph Juice (value 100, real name Laserpicium,) to be utilized in cooked food.
- Iceland Moss: Slightly fantastical take on the lichen of the same name. Grows in mountains, taiga and tundra from spores. It can be eaten raw or cooked and brewed into iceland tea.
- Bunny-ear Spinach: Found in good temperate grassland, shrubland, and savanna. Variant of spinach whose leaves resemble the ears of domestic rabbits. Grows from Spring to Autumn. (slight change to name, dropping an S. Made good biome plant and changed tile)
- Verglas: A light blue grain resembling frozen raindrops found growing in savage taiga and tundra. Can be milled into verglas flour or brewed into verglas ale. Grows in about a season, but only during spring, summer and autumn, from verglas grains.

- Shimmerweed: A whispy stalk that can be eaten raw or cooked, and grows relatively quickly like plump helmets anywhere. Like Cadaverberry stalks, they tend to leave the consumer kind of annoyed due to their unpleasant paper texture when moistened (such as while being chewed.)
- Twisthorn Plant: Good wetland plant resembling a unicorn's horn. Can be cooked, brewed into Twisthorn Brew, or milled into valuable cream dye.
- Tundra Cotton: A silver-colored plant valued for its natural lustre, softness and utility. Takes a full season to grow. Value 5 in most areas, with the exception of its oil, which is value 8. Can be used to make paper, cloth, snowland oil, and snowland soap, like its stock, tropics-dwelling mundane cousin. Only found in good tundras and taiga.
- Fairywing: Thread crop found in good temperate forests and taiga. As I was lazy and used rope reed as a base, it can also be used to make paper (called Feysheet) and brewed into Feywine as well.
- Lover's Berry: A red heart-shaped berry found in non-freezing good biomes. It can be brewed into valued cupidity. Thankfully it isn't shaped like an actual living heart. Induces feelings of arousal when eaten and lust when drunk.

- Saffron: Plant found in savage temperate broadleaf forests and shrublands. Can be milled into extremely valuable ground saffron, which can then be sold or used for cooking. Takes two seasons to grow.
- Vanilla: Plant found in savage tropical moist broadleaf forests and shrublands. Can be milled into valuable ground vanilla, which can then be sold or used for cooking. Takes two seasons to grow.
- Dandelion: An amalgam of several species, kind of a general purpose crop plant found in temperate areas and tropical scrubland. Can be brewed into dandelion wine, cooked into meals, milled into a low-value yellow dye or eaten raw.
- Safflower: Found in savage temperate forests. Can be milled into valuable bright red dye or have edible safflower oil extracted from them. (this is a janky workaround for dealing with their seeds, since that's kinda finicky.)
- Sunflower: Found in temperate and tropical shrub and grasslands. Can be cooked into meals directly or have higher value edible oil extracted from them (this is a janky workaround for dealing with thier seeds, since that's kinda finicky.)
- Woad: Cash crop grown as a dye plant. Produces dark blue dye. Can be found in temperate savanna, grasslands and scrubland.
- Weld: Cash crop grown as a dye plant. Found in temperate forests, grasslands, and scrublands. Produces a yellow dye.
- Indigo Flower: Cash crop found in savage tropical forests and shrublands. Produces a valuable cobalt blue dye.
- Madder Root: Cash crop grown as a dye plant. Found in both temperate and tropical scrubland. Produces a pink dye (one of three possible, thought it'd be nice to have something different.)
- Sugarcane: available in tropical forests and shrubland. Edible, brewable into rum, milled into sugar, and extracted into molasses.
- Sugar beets: available in temperate forests, shrubland and grassland. Edible, brewable into sugarbeet rum, and extracted into sugarbeet syrup.
- Fennel: Common spice crop IRL. Found in savage temperate forests and wetlands. Not as valuable as other spice crops though.
- Dill: Common herb and spice found in any savage temperate forest and temperate shrub/grassland. Can be cooked and eaten (standing in for chopped dill weed) or milled into ground dill, though for a spice crop its ease of access makes it one of the less valuable options.
- Coriander: Found in savage temperate and tropical shrublands, temperate forests and tropical dry broadleaf forests. Same treatment as Dill, being cookable or millable into ground coriander.
- Oregano: A common herb IRL, can be found in temperate forests and shrubland. Can be cooked (again, stand in for using fresh leaves) and eaten or milled into dried oregano.
- Cumin: A common herb from southern Asia. Here found in savage tropical forests, grassland and shrubland. It must be milled into ground cumin and cooked to be eaten.
- Mugwort: An extremely common herb utilized in cooking IRL. Found in savage temperate forests, shrub and grassland, and savanna. Can be cooked  (simulating the use of fresh leaves,) or threshed to bags (dried ones.)
- Cardamom: Uncommon spice crop IRL. Amalgam of multiple types, found in savage tropical forests and shrubland. Can be milled into very expensive ground cardamom. Not the most realistic implementation, but it's there.
- Hing: A relative of fennel, it must be processed into either ground hing or the extract asafoetida for consumption. It can be found growing in any savage shrubland or savanna as well as tropical dry broadleaf forests.
- Shallot and Scallion: Somewhat less common (at a frequency of 20) varieties of onion, though found in a wider range of biomes in temperate and tropical broadleaf forests, and both forms of shrubland. Because they are likely to be less common, they are slightly more valuable than standard onions or leeks.
- Oriental Onion: A much less common form of onion (frequency 15,) found in savage temperate and tropical broadleaf forests, and both forms of shrubland. Yet a smidge more valuable than the other new onion types.
- Chives: New world onion, far less common than the base onion (frequency 15 and as such slightly more valuable,) but found in any temperate biome just like it.

SURFACE TREES
- Giant Bamboo
- Moonfruit Tree: Good biome tree, found anywhere that isn't freezing, mountainous, or desert. The fruits are more valuable than average, and will often cause feelings of delight when consumed. Fruit can also be brewed into Moonlight, a drink as valuable as Sunshine.
- Snowdrop Tree: A tree found growing in savage taigas, producing Snowdrop Fruit and its attendant wine, consumption of which tends to leave the drinker feeling quite satisfied and enthusiastic about things.
- Glimmer Cactus: A glowing blue tree comprised of glowing crystal-inlaid tissue found only in good deserts. Produces edible Glimmer Node fruit. Value 10.
- Glassbark Tree: A strange cyan-colored tree resembling a cactus that only grows in savage deserts, noted for its beautiful crystal-like grain. Value 8.
- Giant White-cap: White mushroom tree found in savage forests, specifically temperate broadleaf and any tropical, as well as wetlands.
- Great Black Morel: A giant gray mushroom tree found in good wetlands and tropical forests.
- Blood-cap: Dark red mushroom tree found in evil tropical forests and wetlands.
- Shardglass Tree: Experimental. Yellow tree found in good mountains. Value 5.
- Stonebark Tree: Experimental. Strange, rocky, grey tree found in savage Mountains. Value 5.
- Shatterstone Tree: Experimental. Dark green crystalline tree found in evil mountains. Value 5.
- Silverwoods: Good tree. Valuable wood. Can be found anywhere that isn't freezing.
- Demonbarks: Evil tree. Valuable wood. Can be found anywhere that isn't freezing. (Civ Forge Devilwoods)
- Giant Bone-chime: A giant tree that appears to be made of bone, and whose leaves resemble the bones of fingers, or perhaps chicken wing bones. They rattle in the breeze like a wind chime, thus the name. Can be found in evil temperate forests.
- Gemling Oak (Jeweled Tree): A crystalline tree of impeccable beauty with valuable aquamarine-colored wood. Thanks to the crystals that give it its wonderous appearance, derived lumber is quite heavy. Wood has a value of 30, and it can be found in any good forest.
- Great Sundew (Tree Sundew): A gigantic sundew plant, with a thick woody stem. Found in any savage temperate wetland (Not perfect for the biome, but the range map is mostly places traditionally thought of as mostly temperate I would imagine.)
- Pitcher Tree: Exactly what it sounds like, a huge pitcher plant. Found in any savage tropical wetlands.
- Giant Trumpet Pitcher: A large pitcher-plant whose leaves resemble trumpets or other musical horns. They can be found in any savage wetland.
- Giant Birdtrap (Flytrap Tree): A giant flytrap-type tree, this towering plant is found in savage temperate marshes.

Split into two posts, as it seems to be too big to post in one go.

Ramiel.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2022, 06:00:46 pm »

And the creatures.  There were a few I couldn't find any mention of in changelogs and so have no description, though it's quite possible I simply missed them.
They are the Bloodmoth, Great Dune Beetle, Furred Strider, Frost Otter, Magma Titan, and Snow Lion.

Code: (CREATURES) [Select]
CAVERN BIRDS
- Cave Moa: Layer 1 and Mountains.
- Tor Falcon: A large bird of prey found feasting on vermin in layers 1 and 2. Can be trained for hunting, and is slightly larger than a dog. Hunts vermin.

SURFACE BIRDS
- Secretarybird: Found in a wide range of biomes - Any savanna, shrubland, grassland, or desert. Cannot fly for gameplay purposes.
- Junglefowl: Found in tropical forests and wetlands.
- Sea Eagle: Found in any ocean or wetland.
- Tucan: Found in tropical forests.
- Silver Eagle: Argentavis, not accurate. Silver colored instead of brown, willful misinterpretation of their name. Can be found ranging over savage grasslands, savannas, shrubland, mountains, and deserts as well as temperate forests.
- Woodrunner: A large flightless bird resembling a cross between an eagle and an emu found in savage temperate forests and shrubland. They hunt alone or in pairs, and make for poor mounts due to their size. In spite of a generally disagreeable nature, they make decent hunting companions.
- Snowrunner: The woodrunner's smaller relative found in savage taiga and tundra, sporting white, silver, and occasionally even light blue plumage over the greens and browns of its larger cousins.
- Rocling: A large bird of prey that superficially resembles a roc. They can be found in savage mountains and temperate biomes. Size 120k, and trainable.
- Pheasant: Based on the gamebird as a whole, with a range of colors ranging from rust to black. Can be found in any temperate biome and highly likely to be domesticated. Reach full size faster and live longer than chickens and have larger clutch sizes, but are smaller overall and so not as good for meat production.
- Sawbeak: A large, unfriendly black bird found in savage wetlands. Size 100k, tameable and trainable.
- Blue-maned Hawk: Bird with a vibrant blue crest around its head and neck and brilliant red tail feathers found in good mountains and forests. They're quite large by bird standards, being heavy as a human. They can be trained for war and hunting as well and have a value of 60.
- Celestial Falcon: A huge eagle with starry feathers found soaring over any savage biomes at a low frequency. Size 1 million, pet value 850, usable as a mount. Takes 15 years to reach full size.

DEPTHS
- Croaking Fiend
- Tendril Devil
- Impish Devil
- Frog Demon
- Tentacle Demon
- Demon Lord
- Burning Spirit
- Spirit of Fire

CAVERN FISH
- Albino Flatfish
- Cave Eel
- Albino Flatfish
- Grotto Shark: An amphibious shark-like creature found in all cavern layers in water, but it may sometimes wander out of the water, moving slowly to traverse terrain. Can be tamed, but not trained. Value 300, Size 600k. Note, they are fearless and so likely to attack anything that gets near them.
- Cap Grabber: A slightly larger amphibious version of the pond grabber, able to slowly move over land. Only found in layer 1 in both land and water. Can be tamed, but not trained. Value 55, Size 50k.
- Wormfish: A pale, worm-like fish found burrowing through detritus in subterranean lakes. They can be found in all layers.
- Cave Moray: A small eel found in the upper caverns, preying on cave fish and the like.
- Cave Oyster: Just another type of shellfish to be had in all layers.
- Cave Barnacle (Musselsquid): Surprisingly docile mollusc resembling a tentacle-bedecked surface mussel. They live for an exceptionally long time, making them excellent pets. Rendered capable of breeding, Size 10k.

SURFACE FISH
- Koi: Found in temperate and tropical lakes and oceans.
- Snakehead: Found in temperate and tropical lakes and oceans. 
- Arapaima: Found in temperate and tropical lakes and oceans.
- Pirhana: Found in temperate and tropical lakes and oceans.
- Goldfish: A literal huge, golden fish. Found in both savage temperate and tropical lakes and rivers.

CAVERN INVERTEBRATES
- Cave Jelly: Amphibious jellyfish monster. Layers 1 and 2.
- Giant Cave Lobster: Layers 1 to 3.
- Moss Worm: Layer 1 and 2 grazer,  [PET] and [MOUNT] but not [COMMON_DOMESTIC]. Likely to be domesticated by EVIL or MOUNTAIN civs. Reaches full size at 3 years old, but dies at 5 to 7. and mostly meant to be a meat and leather animal.
- Silverbug: Modestly-sized six-legged insects with a somewhat flat body twice the size of a cat found grazing on mosses, fungi, and decaying matter in layers 1 and 2. They can run at great speeds over open ground.
- Scuttler: An albino scorpion the size of a large dog found in layers 1 and 2. Can be trained for war or hunting. Venom induces dizziness and pain.
- Sumpstalker: An eyeless albino mantid found in all layers. Larger than a human, can be trained for hunting.
- Rockworm: A worm-like predator covered in stony skin found in layers 2 and 3.
- Cave Buzzer: An albino wasp whose venom induces extreme pain, found in all layers in small groups.
- Web-snipper: A darkly-colored vermin-hunting crab the size of a cat (size 5k,) found in layers 1 and 2. Immune to webs.
- Albino Buckler Bug: A relative of the above, found in savage mountains and the upper caves. They move in smaller groups (2-4 instead of 3-7,) are slightly larger, and still tameable. Size 35k.
- Giant Cave Crab: Found in layers 2 and 3.
- Monstrous Cave Crab: Found in layers 2 and 3. more dangerous than giant cave crabs.
- Colossal Cave Crab: Ditto to the above.
- Cave Crab: Large-ish trainable crab. Highly likely to be domesticated by civs with cave access.
- Ironhide Centipede: Found in layers 1 and 2. Has a venomous bite.
- Boulder Bug: Found in layers 1 and 2.
- Giant Horn Beetle: The Kruggsmash monster. Found underground to layer 3.
- Horn Beetle: Smaller variant of the above, found to layer 2 and in larger numbers.
- Giant Velvet Worm: A horrible worm-like creature resembling a mix of a slug and a caterpillar (just like real velvet worms!) They hunt alone in layers 1 and 2, using webbing to ensnare prey. Size 400k.
- Deep Leech (Hell Leech): A type of vermin found in layer 3. It can inflect a mild localized syndrome that induces dizziness, fever, swelling, pain and excessive bleeding.

SURFACE INVERTEBRATES
- Spike Beetle: Found in Temperate and Tropical forests.
- Sugar Beetle: Found in mountains, taiga, temperate grasslands, savannas, and shrublands. High chance to be domesticated.
- Giant Beetle: Found the same biomes as Sugar Beetles and Underground to layer 2. High chance to be domesticated.
- Fire Beetle: Found Savage Tropical forests, grassland, and savanna and Underground to Layer 3. !!Highly Destructive!!
- Giant Ants: Found in Taigas, Mountains, Temperate Forests, Grasslands, and Savannas, and Underground to Layer 3.
- Redstripe Wasp: Found in Temperate Forests. Will try to steal food.
- Giant Wasp: Found in any savage biome. Will try to steal food. Very dangerous due to their size and deadly venom.
- Monstrous Beetle: Sized up Giant Beetle. Found in the same biomes as Giant Beetles.
- Emerald Wasp: Found in Mountains and Wetlands. Mostly harmless vermin hunter. Highly likely to be domesticated.
- Emerald Crab: Large-ish trainable crab. Found in any ocean.
- Giant Sea Crab: Exactly what it sounds like. Found in any ocean.
- Bombadier Beetle: Found in any tropical biome. Can spit acid  at enemies (likely to only matter with man and giant versions.
- Goliath Bird-eater: Spider found in any tropical forest. Venom causes moderate pain.
- Centipede: Vermin hunter found in any non-freezing biome.
- Assassin Bug: Found in any grassland and temperate forests.
- Tiger Beetle: Found anywhere that isn't freezing. Giant versions are prone to rage.
- Birdwing Butterfly: Found in any tropical forest.
- Common Orb Weaver: Spider found in any temperate forest. Venom can cause necrosis, nausea, pain, and fever.
- Harvest Spider: Found in any forest. Venom causes fevers and nausea.
- Golden Orb Weaver: Found in any tropical forest. Venom is similar to Common Orb Weaver's.
- Emperor Scorpion: Found in any tropical forest and tropical savannas. Venom causes pain.
- Ironclad Beetle: Found any non-freezing savage biome.
- Coconut Crab: Found in any tropical forest and wetland.
- Green Stalker: Found in Savage Tropical Wetlands, Forests, and Shrubland.
- Deathweaver Spider: Found in any savage tropical forest or wetland. Aboveground GCS.
- Deathleaper Spider: Found in any savage tropical forest or wetland. No venom or web, but immune to webs and paralytic venom/magic.
- Fen Crab: Crab-like humanoid monster found in tropical forests, wetlands, and oceans.
- Giant Desert Scorpion: Found in savage deserts. Copied from the Wiki.
- Desert Scorpion: Smaller version of the above, roams in small packs. Still venomous.
- Wolf Spiders: Savage Temperate Shrubland and Forests. Webless, pack-hunting spiders smaller than a human but larger than a dwarf. They can destroy light buildings.
- Moss Crab: A large solitary crustacean found in savage neutral wetlands covered in moss. Grows to full size, which is larger than a human, in three years.
- Stone Crab: Large land crabs found in savage deserts, they have a stony carapace which theoretically makes them harder to kill. Trainable for war.
- Badlands Deathworm: Found in savage deserts roaming alone. Twice the size of a human, able to break down light obstructions in a quest to steal food. Can be trained as war beasts. May try to ambush you in adventure mode.
- Tundra Deathworm: Found in savage tundra and taiga roaming alone. four times the size of a human, able to break down most obstructions in a quest to steal food. Trainable as war beasts. May try to ambush you in adventure mode.
- Marsh Crawler: A harmless long-legged spider found in savage temperate wetlands. Hunts vermin.
- Bloodmoth
- Great Dune Beetle
- Buckler Bug: A large but squat insect resembling a buckler found roaming around in small groups in savage deserts. Size 30k, tameable but not trainable.

CAVERN MAMMALS
- Cave Lion: Layer 1 and Mountains.
- Cave Bear: Layer 1 and Mountains, Will attempt to steal food and drink.
- Cave Wolf: Slightly larger than normal wolves, found in layers 1 and 2. Trainable for war or hunting.
- Tunnel Cur: Twice the size of a human and unfriendly, these hairless dog-like beasts are found in layers 2 and 3. Trainable for war or hunting.
- Boulder Rat: A huge unfriendly rodent with rocky skin found in all cavern layers. Size 400k, trainable, and usable as a mount.
- Grawl: A large bovid-like creature with a visible, knotted spine and a maw full of venom-dripping teeth. They will attempt to steal food and drink, and their venom induces localized swelling, blistering, pain, and excessive bleeding. They can be ridden by those determined enough. Size 1 million.
- Pouch Wolf (Cave Wolf): A large predatory marsupial that superficially resembles a wolf, found in layers 1 and 2 alone or in potentially large groups (up to 15 wolves.) Trainable, Size 75k.
- Fire Rat: Rare rat or perhaps more likely, beaver-like creature found in the magma sea. Size 15k, pet value 30. Their leather has a value of 10.

SURFACE MAMMALS
- Razorback Boars: Large animals found in mountains. No variants.
- Bison: Found in temperate grasslands.
- Baboon: Trainable apes found in tropical savannas. Steals food and items.
- Snow Leopard: Found in tundra, taiga, and mountains.
- Zebra: found in savannas and shrubland
- Red Wolves: Found in temperate biomes, including wetlands and mountains. Reddish brown coloration.
- Arctic Wolves: Found in Tundra, Taiga, and Temperate Forests.
- Desert Wolves: Found in deserts and tropical shrublands and savannas Tans and browns for coloration with the occasional reddish colors.
- Mountain Wolves: Found in mountains, obviously. Mix of colors between Red and Desert Wolves and gray from time to time.
- Dholes: Tropical counterpart to coyotes, whom they are somewhat larger than.
- Panther: Found in tropical forests and wetlands.
- Barghests: Large evil wolf-creatures, found in the same biomes as normal gray wolves. They're a full 50k larger than beak wolves, usable as mounts and trainable. Natural discipline of 4.
- Pine Marten and variants: Half the size of a cat. Found in taigas, temperate forests and shrubland. Hunts vermin. Solitary overall.
- Yellow-throated Marten and variants: Around 15k size. Found in both temperate and tropical forests and taigas. Hunts vermin. Hunts in pairs and groups of up to 7. They are fairly easy to tame and so aren't considered exotic pets, and reportedly fear very little, so they're marked as trainable for hunting.
- Musk Deer and variants: Found in temperate shrubland, grassland, and savanna. Size 90k, and sports prominent fangs.
- Goral and variants: A creature that looks like a stout deer with stubby horns, found in mountains and temperate shrublands. Size 40k.
- White-tip fox: A vermin-hunting fox found in savage temperate forests, grasslands, and shrubland. Twice the size of a cat.
- Blazefur Fox: A larger, red-orange-and-yellow colored relative to the above, found in a wider array of environments that extends to tropical biomes. Size of a dog, comes with some natural combat skills.
- Gravel Rat: A large unfriendly rodent with rocky skin found in savage deserts. Size 150k and trainable.
- Rubble Rat: A large unfriendly rodent with rocky skin found in savage mountains. Size 200k and trainable.
- Roe Deer and variants: A ubiquitous creature found in taiga and throughout temperate biomes. Only a little larger than dwarves (size 65k,) but numerous and so easily caught or hunted for food. They have a good chance of birthing twins.
- Stew Hare: Domestic hares meant for meat production, size 4k. They can also be found (presumably being escaped feral stock,) roaming any temperate biome in small groups of up to four individuals. Apart from wider range of biomes, size and more varied hair colors, they're otherwise identical to hares.
- Furred Strider
- Frost Otter
- Giant Fox Squirrel: A giant cousin to the regular fox squirrel. Size 300k, tamable and ridable. Grows to full size in 5 years and will try to steal food.
- Anteater: Found in any grassland or tropical forest.
- Civet: Found in Any tropical forest. Can be trained as a hunting animal.
- Lemur: Found in any tropical forest or shrubland. May attempt to steal things.
- Loris: Found in Tropical dry broadleaf forests.
- Flederhounds: Creatures that resemble fightless bats found in a variety of savage (mostly) environments.
-- Brown Flederhound: A nocturnal predator found in savage temperate forests alone or in pairs. Size 50k, pet value 50 and trainable.
-- White Flederhound: A speedy variant of flederhound found in savage tropical forests, coming in packs of 3-6. Pet value 65, trainable, and size of 37.5k.
-- Black Flederhound: A large and ponderous species of flederhound found in savage temperate wetlands. Size 100k, trainable, and usable as a mount. Pet value 100.
-- Vampire Flederhound: A large and unfriendly creature with unusually large incisors for a flederhound. It hunts primarily by grappling prey and slicing its flesh to drink the leaking blood. Found in evil tropical forests and shrubland in groups of up to 3. Pet value 60, size 25k. Trainable.
- Boreox: A huge relative of the yak found in inhospitable frozen lands. Occurs in savage tundra and glaciers in groups of 4-8. Size 7.5 million, pet value 550 and usable as both mounts and pack animals, as well as providing milk. (Savage biome exclusive, cluster size reduced slightly.)
- Gungnir: A massive, ice-tusked mammoth found in savage tundras and glaciers alone or in groups of up to 7. Trainable for war, but cannot be used for mounts and is a grazer. Size, pet value 650. (Slight change to description, savage biome exclusive.)
- Volsung: A large, ill-tempered and antlered ape with icy spines on its back. They are found in savage tundra, taiga, and glaciers alone or in pairs. Trainable, size 200k, pet value of 300. (Savage biome exclusive, pet value reduced.)
- Bonecracker: A baboon-like ape found in evil deserts in groups of up to 3, scavenging the dead for any scrap of food even if its naught but dry bones. Pet value 40, trainable, size 21k. (Evil biome exclusive, increased cluster size, decreased pet value.)
- Crag Dog: A canine beast with a protective covering of rocky tissue found in savage mountains and deserts in small packs of 3-5. Trainable, pet value 50, size 35k.
- Flying Monkey: An unfriendly flying ape found in evil broadleaf forests, be they tropical or temperate, in groups of 5-10. They will attempt to steal food, booze, and items. Size 40k, pet value 50. (Reduced pet value.)
- Rokubi: A six-tailed fox with limited ability to control fire, hunting smaller creatures in good mountains and temperate forests. Pet value 65, size 20k, trainable for hunting. (Made pet_exotic, good biome exclusive.)
- Hadean Charger: Based on Prophesy of Pendor's Netherworld Charger. Highly prized as war horses, these beasts are horses of unparalleled endurance and durability, with maxed out toughness, endurance, recuperation and inability to feel pain. They are 50% larger than a horse and found in evil biomes similar to the Shadow Courser above. They are somewhat slow though compared to some horses. Due to their usefulness as war mounts they aren't used for draft animal duty. Pet value 600, size 750k. Trainable for war.
- Shadow Courser: A swift steed with black fur, starry manes and brilliant blue eyes found in any savage grasslands, savanna and shrubland. Though a little lighter than typical horses and can't be used as pack or draft animals, but they are extremely fast and do not tire easily with unnatural endurance and far higher agility than normal. Pet Value 550, size 450k. Trainable for war.
- Voidram: Large carnivorous sheep with stark black fleece, blood red horns, and glowing gold, yellow or orange eyes found in evil grasslands and savanna. Almost as large as a horse and thus able to be used as mounts and pack animals (with a bit of trimming to their fleece to make way for packs or saddles of course.) Size 400k, pet value 400. Trainable for war.
- Doomsteed: A hulking brute of a horse, able to match a feywild charger in size and exceed it in strength, ferocity and matching Hadean Chargers below in durability. They are inky black in color with deep red eyes and manes, being found anywhere evil with incredibly low frequency (so capture them if you can!) Being evil they are likely to be fielded by evil civs as well, and so it may be worth it to conduct cattle raids to acquire them and thier slightly lesser cousins the Hadean Chargers should one want them.  Size 1 million, pet value 800. Trainable for war, and don't age.
-Feywild Charger: Based on a reindeer... Elk... Whatever thing that warhammer wood elves sometimes use as mounts. Majestic fair-furred elk with sharp antlers found in good temperate biomes, tundra, and taiga. Twice the size of a horse and possessed of some natural skills. Size 1 million, pet value 650. Trainable for war.
- Oryx and variants: Larger relative of gazelle and antelopes with long, straight horns found in tropical savanna, grasslands, and shrublands. Size 45k, pet value 60.
- Pronghorn and variants: Antelope-like creature with short horns found in temperate savanna, grasslands, and shrubland. Size 35k, pet value 55.
- Servals and variants. Small spotted wildcats found in tropical grasslands, savanna, and shrubland hunting alone. Size 10k, pet value 70. Also hunts vermin if domesticated.

MEGA AND SEMIMEGA
- Phoenix: Semi-megabeast bird. Good aligned. Has fire attack and healing interaction. Makes its nests in mountains and deserts.
- Stone Titan: Semi-megabeast (Considered such due to size, they're significantly smaller than a lot of things in megabeast category,) version of the Rock man. Upon their untimely demise, they leave behind a masterwork statue.
- Magma Titan
- Greater Giant: Megabeast. Even bigger than normal giants, based on 23a's Titans.
- Hexaton: A six-armed giant, conceptually based on the Hecatoncheires. Slightly higher difficulty and attack requirements.
- Colossal Beetle: Massively upsized Giant Beetle. Found in the same biomes as Giant Beetles.

MYTHICAL
- Bicorn: Evil aligned twin-horned horse creature. Found in taiga, forests and shrubland.
- Pegasus: Neutral winged horse creature, found in forests, shrubland and taiga.
- Kirin: Good aligned weird-looking horse-thing. Found in good mountains.
- Firebird: Neutral savage creature, found in savage mountains and deserts. Based on Lurksquatch's phoenix, lacks healing ability and is much smaller.
- Thunderbird: Found in savage mountains. Very large bird of prey based on the Roc.
- Monokeros: A mean-spirited, savage-neutral version of the Unicorn. Can be trained for war, and are prone to rage.
- Spriggan: Smaller and more numerous version of the Treant.
- Impwood: Smaller and more numerous version of the Devilwood.
- Lauma: Smaller and more numerous version of the Yakshi.
- Cockatrice: A modestly-sized, beaked wyvern-like creature. Size 70k, found in evil mountains alone or in pairs.
- Basilisk: Under the name of Mitre Lizard to avoid possible conflicts/confusion with other mods, a squat, 8-legged reptile the size of a large dog (size 35k,) found in savage deserts and shrubland. Has super deadly venom taken from the giant desert scorpion. Trainable for war, takes 5 years to grow to full size.
- Cockentrice: Not to be confused with the above, a creature with the front half of a pig and back half of a bird. Size 60k, found in savage forests and shrubland in groups of up to 4 creatures.
- Snow Lion
- Serpentine dragon: Based on east asian dragons, wingless, flying, noodly dragons.
- Demigriff: Flightless griffon. Savage temperate forests and grasslands. Trainable and may be used as a mount.
- Griffon: Savage mountains and forests. Trainable and may be used as a mount.
- Gryphon: Largest variant of griffon. Savage good. Same biomes as standard griffons. Trainable and may be used as a mount.
- Shrieker: Savage evil griffons, same biomes as standard griffons. Can stun enemies with a shriek attack. Trainable and may be used as a mount.
- Manvargs: Classic werewolves. Found in evil tundra, taiga, temperate forests, and temperate shrubland.
- Wandering Phantom: Any savage land.
- Wrathful Shade: Any evil land. Opposed to life.
- Mournful Spectre: Any good land.
- Drifting Spirit: Underground and underworld.
- Treant: Savage tree monster. Found in Savage forests and wetland. Trainable.
- Devilwood: Savage evil tree monster. Found in savage evil forests and wetland. Trainable.
- Yakshi: Savage good tree monster. Found in savage forests and wetland.
- Chimera: Monster, found in any non-freezing evil biome. Castes have different primary heads. Venom causes pain, necrosis, and dizziness. Trainable and may be used as a mount.
- Manticore: Savage evil flier found in any non-freezing evil biome. Venom causes localized pain, blisters and necrosis as well as general fevers and nausea. Trainable and may be used as a mount.

OCEAN
- Dolphin: Found in tropical oceans and rivers.
- Abalone: Found in temperate oceans.
- Spider Crab: Very large crab. Found in arctic oceans (so presumably up around glacial coastlines.)
- Triton: Angry snail. Found in savage tropical oceans. Venom causes paralysis.
- Mantis Shrimp: Punchy shrimp. Giant versions are trainable. Found in tropical oceans and wetlands.
- Normal lobster and variants: Found in temperate oceans.
- Reef Lobster and variants: Found in tropical oceans.
- Frost Lobster: A large lobster-like creature found roaming savage arctic and temperate oceans with a striking ice-like shell, fragments of which are used by jewelers (drops frost lobster gems when butchered)

CAVERN OTHER
- Cave Strangler: Layers 1 and 2 and Mountains. Probably likely to be used as minions by EVIL civs. Trainable.
- Sumplings: Cavern versions of grimelings. They are slightly larger than a human and building destroyer 1's.
- Grotto Rake: A large, misshapen humanoid with long slashing claws and shaggy fur found in each layer.
- Scamp: A vicious and hairless chimp-like beast almost the size of a dwarf found in large numbers in all layers.
- Stonespore Hound (idea credited to rinestone): Large quadrupedal mushroom creatures that fire rocky spore projectiles at enemies. Found in all layers, and has a larger, two-headed caste. Trainable, size 70k.
- Wailing Cap (idea credit to rinestone): A large quadrupedal flying mushroom that sprays mildly paralytic and nausea inducing spores around when threatened. Trainable, size 60k.
- Lasher: A pale, humanoid creature with four tentacles in place of its arms. Size 65k, fearless, and tameable. Found in all layers alone or in groups of up to three. Reaches full size at 8 years.
- Crystalline Golem: An irregularly-shaped golem made of glowing gemstones, found in layer 3. Size 800k, prone to rage. Drops some manner of blue gemstone if destroyed.
- Spirer (Wooly Climber): A  large, 8-legged creature that legs eggs and produces a number of other valuable materials (ivory, wool, and milk.) I assume they operate like the platypus. Found in layer 1 and 2, size 300k.

SURFACE OTHER
- Swamp Troll: Trolls found in evil swampy regions, with appropriately colored fur.
- Mountain Ogre: Slightly smaller than normal ogres, found in evil mountains.
- Boglings are neutral versions of grimelings. They are smaller than a dwarf, but more numerous.
- Fenlings are good versions of grimelings. They are more than twice the size of a human and building destroyers 2's.
- Mire Harrower: Surface version of Green Devourers, found in evil tropical forests and wetlands. Largest variant, twice the size of a human. Sports brighter green coloration.
- Pinebeast: Surface version of Green Devourers, found in evil temperate forests and wetlands. Sports darker green and brown coloration.
- Rimebeast: Surface version of Green Devourers, found in evil tundra, taiga. Smallest variant, slightly smaller than a dwarf. Sometimes shows up in pairs. Sports a blue, white, or purple coloration.
- Dune Ravager: Surface version of Green Devourers, found in evil deserts. Slightly larger than a dwarf. Sports browns and red coloration.
- Gorgon: An intelligent legless four-armed humanoid reptile found stalking savage deserts and tropical locales. Size 95k, and prefer to attack with quick raking slashes. They sport venom that induces dizziness.
- Abomination: A land-going version of the sea monster, scuttling along the land on six legs instead of flippers. Found rarely in any evil land.
- Great Wyrm: A land-going version of the sea serpent, found rarely in savage deserts, tropical forests, and tropical shrubland.
- Trunker: An eyeless black or gray-skinned humanoid with a short elephant-like trunk taking up most of its face. They are found in evil forests and shrubland. They might be used by evil civs as minions, similar to trolls or ogres.
- Brier Fiend: A large canid with four tentacles sticking out of its back, found in savage temperate forests. Size 500k, trainable and ridable.
- Sea Hags: Evil, amphibious equivalent of merpeople. Prone to rage, size 70k. Males are referred to as Sea Churls.
- Ghoul: A savage, corpse-eating humanoid found in evil biomes and all layers. They are slow learners, and so might be used by goblins and the like as minions.
- Carcharodon: A bizarre two-legged shark, found in savage oceans and wetlands. They are indeed amphibious, trainable, and can be used as mounts. Value 300, Size 2 million.
- Spindle Beast: A stick-like humanoid with multi-jointed arms and legs found stalking evil forests and jungles. A long toothed tongue extends from its tube-like head to lash aggressors and prey alike. NOTE: Attack is a standard bite for simplicity's sake. May change later.
- Lantern Deer: Happy holidays! Lantern Deer can be found in the same (good) biomes as regular reindeer. Compared to their common cousins they can carry more, are noticeably larger, and can be used as mounts and wagon pullers. They also glow in low light conditions (at least on paper.) Size 250k, max age of 180 to 300 years. They also have natural discipline.
- Jabberwock: A large reptilian monster found lurking in evil temperate swamps. It sports a pair of wings, allowing it to fly as if to spite its ragged, loose-skinned appearance. Thankfully they reproduce slowly and only pop up as solitary hunters. Size 120k, trainable. (Added some more scale color options)
- Cherub: A small winged humanoid resembling a human child found in good forests. Despite appearances they are prone to theft of food and items.

CAVERN REPTILES
- Blind Cave Viper: Layers 1 and 2.
- Cave Wyrm: Layers 1 and 2. [PET] and [MOUNT] but not [COMMON_DOMESTIC]. Likely to be domesticated by EVIL or MOUNTAIN civs. Reaches full size at 3 years old. Lives a rather long time for a fighting animal. Trainable.
- Moss Devil: A fat omnivorous skink found in layers 1 and 2. useful as a vermin hunter and frequently unbothered by other wildlife. Highly likely to be domesticated by cavern-tapping civs. Size 40k.
- Club-tail Lizard (Scutler): A relatively small bipedal lizard found in layers 1 and 2 in groups of 3 to 7. Thanks to their social nature, they make for halfway decent pets. Possibly some distant cousin of the two-legged rhino lizard. Size 40k.
- Violet Snapper (Crocodile Turle): A large, unfriendly reptile resembling a mix of a turtle and a crocodile, with purple scales and a striped orange and black shell, found in all layers. Size 300k.
- Blind Drakwyrm (Blind Wyvern): A wyvern-like monster the size of a human found underground in layers 1 and 2 in groups of up to 4. It is entirely blind, relying on a pair of thick whiskers to sense prey though it can still serve as a decent enough mount if needed, despite its size. Size 70k, pet value 550. (Changed name, more scale colors.)

SURFACE REPTILES
- Komodo Dragon: Found in Tropical savanna, grasslands, shrubland, and any tropical forest.
- Sea Turtle: Found in any oceans.
- Dragon Turtle: Gigantic turtles found in savage oceans and lakes. Very useful in a fight due to extreme size. No Variants.
- Wyvern: Modestly-sized flying reptile with venomous bite. Found in Mountains. No Variants.
- Giant Rhino Lizard (big rideable version of the Two-legged Rhino Lizard): Found anywhere you'd find two-legged rhino lizards.
- Drake: A flying monster similar to wyverns. Unlike wyverns, they are longer-lived, and lack venom, as well as more numerous. They are, however, also substantially smaller than wyverns at half their size and unsuitable for use as mounts as a result. They can be found in savage mountains, deserts, and shrubland. Size 150k and trainable. Curiously, they are highly resistant to fire.
- Land Drake: A ground-dwelling reptile that superficially resembles a small dragon, found in savage mountains, deserts, and open ground. Size 120k and trainable. Curiously, they are highly resistant to fire and seem to be incredibly long-lived, and are very deadly for the untrained to face.
- Giant Snake: A large venomous snake with six eyes found in many warmer savage biomes (tropical forests, wetlands, deserts, and savanna.) Its venom causes pain, nausea, and dizziness. Size 90k, trainable.
- Vinesnake: A large snake covered in moss found in savage forests and wetlands, hunting by ambush. Size 70k and trainable for hunting. May ambush the player in adventure mode.
- Gharials and variants: Found in any wetland or river. They're slightly smaller than saltwater crocodiles and can produce potentially larger clutches of eggs (20-95.)
- Arctic Rhino Lizard: A slightly larger and longer-lived version of the greater rhino lizard. Sports brown, black or gray plumage and may be found in tundra, taiga, and temperate forests.
- Fairy Wyvern: A relatively small and friendly wyvern that zips around on fey-like wings snacking on vermin. Changed to a regular creature a around the size of a cat. Found in good tropical forests, savanna and shrubland. Size 4500, pet value 30. (Made good biome exclusive, increased size, made vermin catcher, added wider range of colors for its scales and eyes.)
- Dragon Horse: A large, horse-shaped lizard found in good mountains, lake shores and wetlands. Despite appearances they often take well to domestication, should a population be found to train. Size 600k, pet value 500 and trainable. (made pet_exotic and good biome exclusive, more eye colors.)

STONEMEN
- Copper Lead, and Silver Men: Mountains, Layers 1 and 2.
- Bronze and Gold Men: Mountains, layers 1 through 3.
- Sunstone, Bloodstone, Mudstone and Slate Men: Layers 1 and 2.
- Topaz, Jade, Obsidian and Basalt Men: Layers 2 and 3.
- Bog Men: Surface Mud Men, found in savage wetlands.
- Inferno Men: Surface Fire Men, found in savage deserts.
- Rock Man: An uncommon humanoid made of stone found in any savage land. Multiple castes so there's a little randomization to what rocks you get when they die. Slate, granite, dactite, shale, diorite, or rhyolite.
- Moss Golem: A humanoid that resembles a heap of rocks piled together, with moss covering the head and upper arms. They patrol goodly lands, often smashing the foolish who approach them. Building Destroyer 2.
- Cairn Golem: A bare humanoid stoneheap driven by ill intent. Opposed to life, found rarely in evil lands. Building Destroyer 2.

VERMIN
- Shrew: Found in temperate forests and grasslands. Giant and man versions will try to steal your food.
- Gopher: Found in temperate forests and shrubland.
- Mouse: Can be found anywhere.
- Mole: Can be found in temperate forests, shrublands, and grasslands.
- Fleshfly: An annoying vermin bug found in evil marshes.
- Blisterfly: Ditto to the above, but found in swamplands instead (yes there's a difference.)
- Cowry Swallow: A small, strange bird with proportionally small legs, large wings, and a protective shell around its body. They can be found along the coast of savage temperate oceans. Considered vermin, comes with a giant variant.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2022, 07:47:36 pm »

Man, taken all together that.... Is actually a whole lotta stuff. Wild.

I do hope you've found the mod to your liking even just using the  plant and animal addons.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7