Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Splint's Vanilla Expanded Mod v9.4 - General Expansion  (Read 19038 times)

Ithilrandir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Vanilla Expanded Mod v9.3 - Book Titles and other small things
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2021, 08:08:04 am »

I can't seem to be able to build any of the alchemy related workshops.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2021, 08:50:06 am »

I can't seem to be able to build any of the alchemy related workshops.

Alchemy related workshops? I'd have to double check but I'm pretty sure I didn't make anything like that. Sure you weren't looking for a different mod?

Ithilrandir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2021, 09:21:21 am »

Alchemy related workshops? I'd have to double check but I'm pretty sure I didn't make anything like that. Sure you weren't looking for a different mod?

It's the things from content from civilization forge 3.0 I think. Everything which requires the alchemy exists in the game and I can still request (most of) them from caravans. But because the workshop do not exist I cannot do anything beyond that.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2021, 11:27:57 am »

It's the things from content from civilization forge 3.0 I think. Everything which requires the alchemy exists in the game and I can still request (most of) them from caravans. But because the workshop do not exist I cannot do anything beyond that.

Starters, wrong mod. There's no alchemy stuff from CivForge in here, what is still there is creatures, some plants and some inorganics that are acquired through conventional means (via ores) instead of alchemy.

I'll take a gander at my CivForge files regardless, entirely possible something I intended to remove got left in or vice versa.

rabiid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2021, 03:18:30 am »

Hey mate, totally new to modding dwarf fortress so forgive me for asking stupid questions. I want to use modest mod aswell but want to make sure its compatible. i dont plan on using any of the modules included in said mod except "everything is tameable". Will this work as far as you know? Again, sorry for the noobish questions but i want to make sure i dont screw it up. Thank you in adavnce and a very Merry Christmas to ya!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2021, 10:25:45 am »

Hey mate, totally new to modding dwarf fortress so forgive me for asking stupid questions. I want to use modest mod aswell but want to make sure its compatible. i dont plan on using any of the modules included in said mod except "everything is tameable". Will this work as far as you know? Again, sorry for the noobish questions but i want to make sure i dont screw it up. Thank you in adavnce and a very Merry Christmas to ya!

Merry Christmas to you as well!  No such thing as a dumb question my friend. I'd wager it'll mostly work fine just installing that over my stuff, but that said I never made this with anything altering vanilla files in mind (though I did try to minimize my own tampering with vanilla stuff.)

Creature files have been modified either to account for changes to animal man variants (mainly just profession name stuff) but some others add discipline and some combat skills to some creatures, like dogs and horses, and in the case of the pre-install version of creature_standard, adds new forms of the bronze colossus (like ones made of lead, iron, or gold.)

Affect files consist of the following.
Code: [Select]
creature_desert_new
creature_large_temperate
creature_large_tropical
creature_next_underground
creature_insect
creature_other
creature_domestic
creature_subterranean
creature_reptiles
creature_standard

So maybe cross-reference and add the [PET], [MOUNT], or thier less easy equivalents [PET_EXOTIC] or [MOUNT_EXOTIC] to the things you think need it (I'd give vermin a pass on being easy tames since they aren't useful for much of anything.) Otherwise if using all the stuff from here you might have guys toting hand-cannons being called blowgunners, among other strange or annoying things.

I'd make shit compatible, but frankly at this point it'd be far far too tedious for it to be worth it to me personally to do so.

In other news, I have another update coming, which is going to add a few new optional civs, among other things. It mostly consists of new plants, but those civs, some minor bugfixes, and a couple new creatures will be in as well.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Vanilla Expanded Mod v9.4 - General Expansion
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2022, 12:21:49 pm »

Hey hey! We're back with another update. Meant to have it out, like, a week ago.

This one is rather extensive, including newly curated goodies from SQman's misc. stuff mod, but also plenty of original work.

Code: (v9.5 Changelog) [Select]
New in v9.4

BUGFIXES
- Hopefully fixed multiple grasses that were almost certainly not spawning.
- Finally fixed that stupid error on the arctic rhino lizards. Turns out it was a missing tissue layer line. Thank you to ZM5.

NEW ADDITION - SQman's Misc Stuff
Some curated stuff from the generous permission of SQman. Changes will be listed if I made any, and anything he made can be found marked as MISC_SQ. I mostly cherry-picked what I thought best fit into SVE.

New Plants
- Bunny-ear Spinnach: Found in good temperate grassland, shrubland, and savanna. Variant of spinach whose leaves resemble the ears of domestic rabbits. Grows from Spring to Autumn. (slight change to name, dropping an S. Made good biome plant and changed tile)
- Beggar's Bowl: Mushroom found underground in layers 1 and 2, with a fruiting body in the shape of a wide bowl. They can be grown year round, and brewed into beggar's wine (Changed tile, changed name of drink from firewater. Hits the mental ear better in my opinion.)
- Gemling Oak (Jeweled Tree): A crystalline tree of impeccable beauty with valuable aquamarine-colored wood. Thanks to the crystals that give it its wonderous appearance, derived lumber is quite heavy. Wood has a value of 30, and it can be found in any good forest.
- Great Sundew (Tree Sundew): A gigantic sundew plant, with a thick woody stem. Found in any savage temperate wetland (Not perfect for the biome, but the range map is mostly places traditionally thought of as mostly temperate I would imagine.)
- Giant Trumpet Pitcher: A large pitcher-plant whose leaves resemble tumpets or other musical horns. They can be found in any savage wetland.
- Pitcher Tree: Exactly what it sounds like, a huge pitcher plant. Found in any savage tropical wetlands.
- Giant Birdtrap (Flytrap Tree): A giant flytrap-type tree, this towering plant is found in savage temperate marshes.

New Creatures
- Cowry Swallow: A small, strange bird with proportionally small legs, large wings, and a protective shell around its body. They can be found along the coast of savage temperate oceans. Considered vermin, comes with a giant variant.
- Fairy Wyvern: A relatively small and friendly wyvern that zips around on fey-like wings snacking on vermin. Changed to a regular creature a around the size of a cat. Found in good tropical forests, savanna and shrubland. Size 4500, pet value 30. (Made good biome exclusive, increased size, made vermin catcher, added wider range of colors for its scales and eyes.)
- Blind Drakwyrm (Blind Wyvern): A wyvern-like monster the size of a human found underground in layers 1 and 2 in groups of up to 4. It is entirely blind, relying on a pair of thick whiskers to sense prey though it can still serve as a decent enough mount if needed, despite its size. Size 70k, pet value 550. (Changed name, more scale colors.)
- Dragon Horse: A large, horse-shaped lizard found in good mountains, lake shores and wetlands. Despite appearances they often take well to domestication, should a population be found to train. Size 600k, pet value 500 and trainable. (made pet_exotic and good biome exclusive, more eye colors.)
- Jabberwock: A large reptilian monster found lurking in evil temperate swamps. It sports a pair of wings, allowing it to fly as if to spite its ragged, loose-skinned appearance. Thankfully they reproduce slowly and only pop up as solitary hunters. Size 120k, trainable. (Added some more scale color options)
- Fire Rat: Rare rat or perhaps more likely, beaver-like creature found in the magma sea. Size 15k, pet value 30. Their leather has a value of 10.
- Boreox: A huge relative of the yak found in inhospitable forzen lands. Occurs in savage tundra and glaciers in groups of 4-8. Size 7.5 million, pet value 550 and usable as both mounts and pack animals, as well as providing milk. (Savage biome exclusive, cluster size reduced slightly.)
- Gungnir: A massive, ice-tusked mammoth found in savage tundras and glaciers alone or in groups of up to 7. Trainable for war, but cannot be used for mounts and is a grazer. Size, pet value 650. (Slight change to description, savage biome exclusive.)
- Flederhounds: Creatures that resemble flightless bats found in a variety of savage (mostly) environments.
-- Black Flederhound: A large and ponderous species of flederhound found in savage temperate wetlands. Size 100k, trainable, and usable as a mount. Pet value 100.
-- Vampire Flederhound: A large and unfriendly creature with unusually large incisors for a flederhound. It hunts primarily by grappling prey and slicing its flesh to drink the leaking blood. Found in evil tropical forests and shrubland in groups of up to 3. Pet value 60, size 25k. Trainable.
-- White Flederhound: A speedy variant of flederhound found in savage tropical forests, coming in packs of 3-6. Pet value 65, trainable, and size of 37.5k.
-- Brown Flederhound: A nocturnal predator found in savage temperate forests alone or in pairs. Size 50k, pet value 50 and trainable.
- Crag Dog: A canine beast with a protective covering of rocky tissue found in savage mountains and deserts in small packs of 3-5. Trainable, pet value 50, size 35k.
- Bonecracker: A baboon-like ape found in evil deserts in groups of up to 3, scavenging the dead for any scrap of food even if its naught but dry bones. Pet value 40, trainable, size 21k. (Evil biome exclusive, increased cluster size, decreased pet value.)
- Volsung: A large, ill-tempered and antlered ape with icy spines on its back. They are found in savage tundra, taiga, and glaciers alone or in pairs. Trainable, size 200k, pet value of 300. (Savage biome exclusive, pet value reduced.)
- Flying Monkey: An unfriendly flying ape found in evil broadleaf forests, be they tropical or temperate, in groups of 5-10. They will attempt to steal food, booze, and items. Size 40k, pet value 50. (Reduced pet value.)
- Rokubi: A six-tailed fox with limited ability to control fire, hunting smaller creatures in good mountains and temperate forests. Pet value 65, size 20k, trainable for hunting. (Made pet_exotic, good biome exclusive.)

New foods! Given limitations these are more for visual variety.

Easy
- Mash
- Paste
- Thin Porridge
- Pancake
- Slop

Fine
- Pottage
- Skewers
- Salad
- Rolls
- Balls
- Rings

Lavish
- Pudding (as in the savory kind)
- Pie
- Cake
- Pastries

NEW PLANTS
plant_surface_grasses_ex
- Curling Guts: A type of meat grass similar to wormy tendril and staring eye, found anywhere those strange plants might be found. As the name implies, they resemble intestines.
- Nailweed: Large blades of grass that resemble the fingernails of some humanoids, found in evil biomes.
- Shimmer Lichen: Glittering light blue moss found in good mountains.
- Angel Hair: Wavy golden and silver-colored grasses found in good biomes.
- Rosepetal: A red grass resembling the petals of a rose, found in non-freezing good biomes.
- Candyreed: Red and white candy-cane grasses, for those who want some holiday cheer year round, seen in good tundra and taiga.

plant_surface_shrubs_ex
- Tanglegut: A harvestable shrub found in evil biomes, made of course, from meat. Guts specifically. They're edible, and take about a season to grow from tanglegut polyps.
- Staring Stalk: Harvestable shrub, companion to staring eye grass.  They can be eaten, brewed into staring brew, and take about a season to grow from staring lenses.
- Fairywing: Thread crop found in good temperate forests and taiga. As I was lazy and used rope reed as a base, it can also be used to make paper (called Feysheet) and brewed into Feywine as well.
- Lover's Berry: A red heart-shaped berry found in non-freezing good biomes. It can be brewed into valued cupidity. Thankfully it isn't shaped like an actual living heart. Induces feelings of arousal when eaten and lust when drunk.
- Iceland Moss: Slightly fantastical take on the lichen of the same name. Grows in mountains, taiga and tundra from spores. It can be eaten raw or cooked and brewed into iceland tea.
- Hing: A relative of fennel, it must be processed into either ground hing or the extract asafoetida for consumption. It can be found growing in any savage shrubland or savanna as well as tropical dry broadleaf forests.
- Shallot and Scallion: Somewhat less common (at a frequency of 20) varieties of onion, though found in a wider range of biomes in temperate and tropical broadleaf forests, and both forms of shrubland. Because they are likely to be less common, they are slightly more valuable than standard onions or leeks.
- Chives: New world onion, far less common than the base onion (frequency 15 and as such slightly more valuable,) but found in any temeprate biome just like it.
Oriental Onion: A much less common form of onion (frequncy 15,) found in savage temperate and tropical broadleaf forests, and both forms of shrubland. Yet a smidge more valuable than the other new onion types.
- Silphium: A fantastical interpretation of an ancient herb/spice that was possibly a hybrid of several fennel species in an area of overlap in North Africa. It was highly valued in antiquity to such a degree supply was run through in just over a century supposedly. Unlike IRL, it can be grown, though it takes two seasons. It also needs to be processed into either Ground Silphium (value 75) or Silph Juice (value 100, real name Laserpicium,) to be utilized in cooked food. (Yes I watch Tasting History, how can you tell?)

It grows only in temperate savage forests and shrubland and appears somewhat uncommon compared to other plants added by the mod, with a frequency of 35. This means you'll have to settle those biomes and either hope it's there or hope some neighbors will be selling silphium seeds if you want a steady supply. It will also induce a stronger syndrome than most spice crops added by the mod for consuming a lavishly seasoned meal.

NEW CREATURES
creature_surface_other_ex
- Lantern Deer: Happy holidays! Lantern Deer can be found in the same (good) biomes as regular reindeer. Compared to their common cousins they can carry more, are noticeably larger, and can be used as mounts and wagon pullers. They also glow in low light conditions (at least on paper.) Size 250k, max age of 180 to 300 years. They also have natural discipline.
- Cherub: A small winged humanoid resembling a human child found in good forests. Despite appearances they are prone to theft of food and items.

creature_bird_surface_ex
- Blue-maned Hawk: Bird with a vibrant blue crest around its head and neck and brilliant red tail feathers found in good mountains and forests. They're quite large by bird standards, being heavy as a human. They can be trained for war and hunting as well and have a value of 60.
- Celestial Falcon: A huge eagle with starry feathers found soaring over any savage biomes at a low frequency. Size 1 million, pet value 850, usable as a mount. Takes 15 years to reach full size.

creature_mammal_surface_ex
-Feywild Charger: Based on a reindeer... Elk... Whatever thing that warhammer wood elves sometimes use as mounts. Majestic fair-furred elk with sharp antlers found in good temperate biomes, tundra, and taiga. Twice the size of a horse and possessed of some natural skills. Size 1 million, pet value 650. Trainable for war.
- Doomsteed: A hulking brute of a horse, able to match a feywild charger in size and exceed it in strength, ferocity and matching Hadean Chargers below in durability. They are inky black in color with deep red eyes and manes, being found anywhere evil with incredibly low frequency (so capture them if you can!) Being evil they are likely to be fielded by evil civs as well, and so it may be worth it to conduct cattle raids to acquire them and thier slightly lesser cousins the Hadean Chargers should one want them.  Size 1 million, pet value 800. Trainable for war, and don't age.
- Shadow Courser: A swift steed with black fur, starry manes and brilliant blue eyes found in any savage grasslands, savanna and shrubland. Though a little lighter than typical horses and can't be used as pack or draft animals, but they are extremely fast and do not tire easily with unnatural endurance and far higher agility than normal. Pet Value 550, size 450k. Trainable for war.
- Hadean Charger: Based on Prophesy of Pendor's Netherworld Charger. Highly prized as war horses, these beasts are horses of unparalleled endurance and durability, with maxed out toughness, endurance, recuperation and inability to feel pain. They are 50% larger than a horse and found in evil biomes similar to the Shadow Courser above. They are somewhat slow though compared to some horses. Due to their usefulness as war mounts they aren't used for draft animal duty. Pet value 600, size 750k. Trainable for war.
- Voidram: Large carnivorous sheep with stark black fleece, blood red horns, and glowing gold, yellow or orange eyes found in evil grasslands and savanna. Almost as large as a horse and thus able to be used as mounts and pack animals (with a bit of trimming to their fleece to make way for packs or saddles of course.) Size 400k, pet value 400. Trainable for war.
- Oryx and variants: Larger relative of gazelle and antelopes with long, straight horns found in tropical savanna, grasslands, and shrublands. Size 45k, pet value 60.
- Pronghorn and variants: Antelope-like creature with short horns found in temperate savanna, grasslands, and shrubland. Size 35k, pet value 55.

creature_entity_ex
Destrier: A large and heavy warhorse bred and used by humans, granting them thier own war creature similar to hill dogs (as messenger horses are more of a travel than fighting thing,) storm hawks, and so forth. As such they do not exist outside of domestic settings, and are extremely valuable compared to normal horses. Size 600k, pet value 1000. Cannot be milked or used as pack animals.

Mastiff: Noticably larger than regular dogs, Mastiffs are intended to serve as war dogs and so lack some of the broader utility of the standard dog. Size 45k, Pet value 50, War trainable only, common domestic (should make them available to everyone.) Very high strength and has some natural skills. Tend to have lower life expectencies. Thanks to thier way better stats, they should be able to overpower unprepared and poorly equipped opponents when used in packs far more readily than standard dogs.

NOTE: The Destrier, Doomsteed, Feywild Charger, Shadow Courser, Voidram, and Hadean Charger are trainable so you can assign them to soldiers as mounts for off-map excursions.

NEW CIVS - Generic Fantasy Addon
These civs are basically optional inclusions for those who want more bad guys to fight that hopefully won't feel too out of place. There's no specific gimmicks really, and these guys are basically just raging assholes, but not really any more so than goblins. Consequently they might also appear as mercenaries and the like. They won't appear in the pre-installs besides the all-in-one.

They are explained in greater detail in the Generic Fantasy Entities readme. That said, a little unclear if I have the bugbears working right. The others spawned fine though.

- Bugbears: Unlike typical fare being DnD ripoffs, the SVE edition's are distant cousins to trolls. Their size means they can use any weapon one-handed comfortably, so lopping the hand off one with a great cleaver or pike isn't going to slow him down much.

- Orcs: Similar to Goblins, they're slightly less dickish as people and noticably bigger than a human, but not enough to go one-handing great-weapons. They are a fierce warrior people and readily engage in slavery and mortuary cannibalism, much like the Delves below.

- Ogern: Based on ogres, but civ capable and far smaller (being just a bit smaller than a vanilla troll.) Not slow-learner types but still dumber than sled tracks though with abysmal anyalitcal skills, among other things. Highly greedy and quite fond of munching on anyone and anything, borrowing from Warhammer Fantasy a bit. Like Bugbears, they can use any weapon one-handed thanks to their size, so impairing their great-weapon users requires a bit more effort.

- Delves: Discount Drow, with more egalitarianism and slightly more cannibalism.

The addition also includes two plant-based civs and one semi-rock based one. Credit to rinestone and Enemy Post for the plant ones.
- Geodes: Stone-skinned humanoids who live in mountain halls. They come in winter to trade. Largely humorless, tough, but kinda slow with lower average agility and top speed compared to humans.

- Petalken (Haiza): Friendly flower people with an affinity for wind. Has a knockback wind attack. Come to trade in spring. Name essentially means "Flower knowledge."

- Spinelings (Kairin): Hostile cactus-like people, active year round. Has a spine-shot ability for basic defense/skirmishing. Babysnatcher civ.

NEW ITEMS

item_tool_ex
- Portable smithing kit: Contains everything a travelling blacksmith needs: Small furnace for smelting small amounts of ore and recycling scraps, a small anvil, various tongs and hammers and a little box to store it all in. Requires 3 bars to make, weapons-grade metal only. Value 30, size 500
- Portable woodworking kit: Mechanically identical to the above. Contains everything a travelling carpenter or woodcrafter needs: small hand saws, woodworking chisels and hammers, some clamps and a little box to store it all in. Requires 3 bars to make, weapons-grade metal only. Value 25, size 450

These two items are meant to serve as a possible starting point should I implement some kind of adventure mdoe crafting. All you'll need to do is find someone with a toolkit you need or laying around somewhere and trade for or loot it.

NEW INORGANICS - FANTASY METALS
- Stones
-- Raw Ebony: Commonly seen in fantasy settings, either by this name or something else. A shiny black ore found somewhat rarely in igneous layers deep under ground, and worth its weight in gold.
-- Raw Lunite: An ore of silver and iron with mystical properties, explained below. For all intents one can regardless as some kind of "moon" metal.

- Metals
-- Ebony: A black metal nearly as good as orichalcum and consequently worth its weight in gold. Due to its usefulness it is considered a "special" metal, meaning only the player will be able to produce stuff from it under normal conditions.
-- Lunite: A magical shimmering alloy of silver and iron, created when raw lunite is heated to the right temperature. Performs identically to steel apart from holding a far better edge (somehow,) and is slightly more valuable. The secret of properly refining raw lunite into this is known only to the dwarves, taking two hunks of raw lunite and producing 3 bars of its refined form.

MISC. CHANGES
plant_surface_shrub_ex
- Fennel can be brewed into fennel tea, inducing a feeling of zeal in the drinker. This is based on an old belief that drinking fennel tea can bring courage to warriors prior to battle.

creature_entities_spl_ex
- Messenger horses have received a description change, increased life expectency, had proper attribute changes made, and can no longer be milked (they're transports, not food supplies after all.)

EDITED VANILLA FILES
entity_default
- Humans now have proper war horses in the Destrier. Not as utilitarian as base horses nor as agile as messenger horses.

Now I'm pretty sure I've gotten all the new stuff into the pre-install options, but I'd highly recommend installing manually instead to be on the safe side (if using Fantasy Metals, remember to install it after the edited vanilla files and overwrite what it asks to.)

Enjoy and do let me know if there's any problems

GamingMasterAnthony

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2022, 04:02:36 pm »

whenever i try to activate the mod, this happens:

Mod Not Ready and the mod in orange.

(EDIT: I tried attaching photos but it didnt work)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 04:05:47 pm by GamingMasterAnthony »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2022, 05:45:58 pm »

I uh, I'm note sure what to tell you man. The mod's not really set up to play nice with things like LNP if that's the issue you're having.

GamingMasterAnthony

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Today at 02:31:12 pm »

I uh, I'm note sure what to tell you man. The mod's not really set up to play nice with things like LNP if that's the issue you're having.

Ah… yeah that would probably do it then.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]