Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Splint's Vanilla Expanded Mod v10.1 - Bug fixes and other stuff  (Read 48006 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Vanilla Expanded Mod v9.7 - More Small Additions
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2022, 08:18:17 pm »

Hey hey people, Splint here. Been a bit since a proper update.

Code: (changelog 9.7) [Select]

NEW IN v9.7

NEW MOD COMPATIBILITY - LANGUAGE OVERHAUL v0.6
- Includes a modified version of Language Overhaul's entity_default file in the relavent folder, allowing SVE to play nice with it (more or less.) Note that due to changes made by Language Overhaul, the other optional entities (sky, tundra and so on,) may display some strangeness in their names both as entities and as people. Sooo, can't really recommend pairing them with that mod.

MISC. CHANGES

creature_subterranean
- The following are no longer considered benign creatures, due to size, possible military usage and/or theft tokens: Giant Rat, Giant Bat, Giant Cave Swallow, Giant Mole.
- The following creatures now have innate discipline for the same reasons, theoretically making them more dangerous to your citizens and to friend and foe alike in the case of the more militarily useful critters: Giant Olm, Giant Toad, Giant Cave Swallow, Giant Rat, Giant Mole, Giant Bat, Cave Crocodile

Creature_depths_ex
- Burning spirits can now be found in the underworld, potentially meaning they might be able to participate in spire breach invasions.

NEW CREATURES
Inspired partially by a dnd session, I bring some new critters to the table.

creature_mammals_surface_ex
- Wood Lions: Dangerous predatory felines found in savage tropical forests and wetlands. Slightly larger than vanilla lions at Size 250k and sports a green coloration. Trainable and ridable with a pet value of 225 and multiplier of 3.
- Lionhead Hare: Large predatory lagomorphs found in savage temperate grasslands and savanna. Trainable, Size 250k with a petvalue of 200 and a multiplier of 3. Yes they were inspired by the name of the Lionhead rabbit breed.

creature_birds_cavern_ex
- Giant Cave Sparrow: Slightly smaller than giant cave swallows found in layers 1 and 2, these birdshave significantly brighter plummage coming in shades of orange, blue, or less commonly red or purple. Size 180k, trainable for hunting, comes in groups of 2-5 and lays eggs in clutches of 2-3, multiplier of 2.
- Cave Sparrow: Vermin version of the above, size 95.

creature_birds_surface
- Red-tailed Hawk and variants: A bird of prey a little larger than a peregrine falcon, found in the same environments. Size 1200, dive hunts vermin.
- Snow Hawk: A large bird of prey typically seen ranging alone over savage tundra and taiga. Size 80k, trainable for hunting with a value of 150. Lays 2-4 eggs.
- Sun Eagle: A large bird of prey typically seen ranging alone over savage deserts. It sports golden-yellow plumage and dark blue or reddish eyes. Size 70k, trainable for hunting with a value of 130. Lays eggs in groups of 1-3.

creature_fish_cavern_ex
- Cave Sturgeon: Just another bit of cavern water fauna. Small fishable cave fish thing found in all layers.

NEW FILES - LISTS!
Thanks to Ramiel. who went to the trouble to compile some lists of creatures and plants added by the mod. I've also updated the handful of critters that I apparently forgot to include info on. The files will be in main pile of folders.

Also fixed some minor typos here and there. No error log reports, so everything should be working in theory. I should really stop adding things.

Get it now, if this sounds like some more good stuff to you.

ElvisAlligator

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2022, 08:14:36 am »

Is something wrong with minecarts and stepladders? entity_default in "Edited vanilla files" simply doesn't have them, so you can't craft them.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2022, 12:20:42 pm »

Is something wrong with minecarts and stepladders? entity_default in "Edited vanilla files" simply doesn't have them, so you can't craft them.

Shit, I'll have a look. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: I must've accidentally deleted them when adding in everything else and just not noticed. My bad. Just as well, I forgot to adjust the coloration on the snow birds. Sorry about that! Will be uploading a fix shortly.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Vanilla Expanded Mod v9.7.2 - Minor Bugfix
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2022, 12:52:27 pm »

Minor bugfix upload. Sorry about that to the 21 of you unfortunate enough to not have stepladders or minecarts. I'd made a mistake when shifting some of the vanilla tool items available to other civs to the dwarves and accidentally removed them from the dwarf entity.

I don't normally bother with collecting off trees or using minecarts much, so I hadn't noticed anything different in the test forts, and evidently neither had my play testers for what I can only assume is similar reasons. Because the fixes are relatively inconsequential, the only changelog will be in this post.

Code: (v9.7.2) [Select]
BUGFIXES
- Fixed missing tools from human and dwarf entities. Serious error there. Sorry. :(
- Fixed coloration and description for the snow hawk.

amy.sh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2022, 11:13:54 am »

made a patch and uploaded to dffd
removed outsider controllable from feral human vampires and made evil civ creatures most likely to be goblins but still allow other ones.
the entity patch adds [CREATURE:GOBLIN] to the evil civ several times, which makes it more likely theyll be goblin instead of equal chances of goblin, blendec, etc. this can be segfault inducing it seems - doing it on plains civ specifically. i assume that is because of the random cultural values they have which is unique to them, but i dont know.
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16030

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2022, 11:30:14 am »

made a patch and uploaded to dffd
removed outsider controllable from feral human vampires and made evil civ creatures most likely to be goblins but still allow other ones.
the entity patch adds [CREATURE:GOBLIN] to the evil civ several times, which makes it more likely theyll be goblin instead of equal chances of goblin, blendec, etc. this can be segfault inducing it seems - doing it on plains civ specifically. i assume that is because of the random cultural values they have which is unique to them, but i dont know.
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16030

Care to elaborate on what was going wrong? Because it sounds like something was going wrong.

Multiple same entries of a creature were mainly experimental, and if it's causing crash issues then it's pretty clear the experiment failed (results were inconsistent on my end.)

Outsider flag on feral vampires, I forget if I left that on intentionally or not, so it's probably a leftover from reusing the base human entry.

I can make a proper patch/update later in the week, and would have preferred a report on something being wrong rather than taking the matter on yourself. I can't fix things in the main files if they aren't brought to my attention, after all.

Zemo

• Escaped Lunatic
  • This must be the work of an enemy stand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2022, 09:27:49 pm »

I seem to be able to create arsenical bronze out of nothing  ???

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2022, 10:00:40 pm »

I seem to be able to create arsenical bronze out of nothing  ???

Shit, right, I'd been meaning to fix that for ages. There's a typo in the reaction causing it to not need its inputs.

EDIT: I'll be working on an update in the near future to unfluck that and some other things. Also if anyone has any idea which creature might be popping as a "nothing" I'd love to know, cause it's clearly something I missed.

Zemo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2022, 11:26:17 pm »

Shit, right, I'd been meaning to fix that for ages. There's a typo in the reaction causing it to not need its inputs.

EDIT: I'll be working on an update in the near future to unfluck that and some other things. Also if anyone has any idea which creature might be popping as a "nothing" I'd love to know, cause it's clearly something I missed.
Just checked using adventurer freedom to play as a nothing and it showed up as elementalman idk if that helps

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2022, 01:21:21 am »

Just checked using adventurer freedom to play as a nothing and it showed up as elementalman idk if that helps

That's... Very strange. I'll have to look into that. Any specific one?

Zemo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2022, 07:17:23 pm »

That's as far as I got, it did not allow me to actually play like this.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2022, 07:48:26 pm »

That's as far as I got, it did not allow me to actually play like this.

That's bizarre. I don't recall having any issues with the whatevermancy addon.

I'll have to take a look at it. Any other issues you've run into?

Zemo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2022, 09:16:23 pm »

That's bizarre. I don't recall having any issues with the whatevermancy addon.

I'll have to take a look at it. Any other issues you've run into?
I'll let you know if I find any  :D

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Vanilla Expanded Mod v9.8 - Minor Update
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2022, 08:48:12 pm »

Code: (New in v.9.8) [Select]
Don't know why I went with v.9.8

New in v9.8

BUG FIXES
- Arsenical bronze reactions checked and fixed. There was an extraneous colon in one of them.
- Checked for any entity errors, removed extraneous creature listings from the edited vanilla files.

NEW CREATURES
invertebrates_surface_ex
- Giant Grass Katydids, including giant and man variants. Vermin that resemble large flightless grasshoppers. Significantly larger than most insect vermin, found in any tropical biome.

MISC. CHANGES
- Desert entity now has humans added as a possible entry.
- Tundra entity now has humans added as a possible entry.
- Jungle entity now has humans and elves added as a possible entry.
- Pre-installs reduced to just the no-dinos version. This is mostly to reduce the headache when updating.

Pretty sure everything is working fine, so there's that. Sorry for the delay folks, but hopefully everything is fine.

Unsure what was causing nothing mats to pop, near as I can tell it might be something related to whatevermancy. If an issue persists, I'll upload a hotfix for it.

Head to the OP to grab the download link.

vityav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2022, 08:31:09 pm »

Loving this mod! One thing I ran into though is that some of the new plants can't be brewed. Seems to be anything missing the new reaction specification:

Code: [Select]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]

I think (used some regex to search all plant files but no guarantee I caught them all) that it's just glow cap, web lichen, cave bulb, and possibly sumpweed (though that one looked deliberate), all in the cavern shrubs file.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7