Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves won't move table.  (Read 680 times)

Vassala

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dwarves won't move table.
« on: November 29, 2020, 05:55:18 pm »

So, I'm having trouble with a table. I want it detailed with gold and i know I have to move it near the workshop or it might pick up a random item and detail it instead. So I made a stockpile nearby but the dwarves, even when I restrict their labors to only furniture hauling will not move it there. I have the stockpile set up so it will only take this specific type of table. I've tried DFHack autodump but it can't move it for some reason. It's not being used for any tasks at all. It's currently stored in the Mason's workshop it was made in and the workshop has nothing queued. Please help! This is so frustrating, I just want my mayor to have an extra nice table for his office!

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves won't move table.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 06:18:06 pm »

Did you set the furniture stockpile to take from the workshop?  Also, the DFHack autodump attempts usually result in the item being flagged as forbidden, even if it failed to dump it.  If it's listed in the "t" view of the workshop, you could also try removing the workshop to scatter its contents around.  Failing that, you could try building the table near where you want it, then removing it once it's in place to free it up for adornment.

Vassala

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves won't move table.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 10:20:14 pm »

Did you set the furniture stockpile to take from the workshop?  Also, the DFHack autodump attempts usually result in the item being flagged as forbidden, even if it failed to dump it.  If it's listed in the "t" view of the workshop, you could also try removing the workshop to scatter its contents around.  Failing that, you could try building the table near where you want it, then removing it once it's in place to free it up for adornment.

Thanks! I had to remove the workshop, but it finally got moved and decorated!