Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Problems with legends  (Read 12034 times)

f3ygan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Problems with legends
« on: December 31, 2018, 10:34:18 am »

Seems that anytime I try to export any legends they fail, either through the DF main legends program or via DFHack with the fort running. The xml cannot be read by anything and legends viewer is unable to fix it.

When using DFHack I get the following error message.
    Exporting:  World map/gen info
    Exporting:  Legends xml
    Exporting:  Extra legends_plus xml
...f Fortress\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:662: Cannot read field vector<caste_raw*>.1: index out of bounds.
stack traceback:
        [C]: in metamethod '__index'
        ...f Fortress\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:662: in global 'export_more_legends_xml'
        ...f Fortress\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:765: in global 'export_legends_info'
        ...f Fortress\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:818: in local 'script_code'
        D:\Games\Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:562: in function 'dfhack.run_script_with_env'
        (...tail calls...)

Anyone had a similar issue and idea of how to resolve this?

armads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with legends
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 11:35:57 pm »

I've had the same problem. Don't know how to fix it though. Lots of masterwork is pretty unstable though. I think it just doesn't know how to export things?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 05:08:44 am »

It's not that the mod itself is unstable, but that Dfhack scripts/plugins dislike some of the tags I put in for my launcher, which sometimes result in half-open arguments, like
  • with a missing [. DF handles those fine, but some scripts don't, and I made the launcher before the scripts existed.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

KassaK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 09:18:13 pm »

Hey, any idea for this ? Same problem here.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 11:48:32 pm »

I had that exact issue when I was using Rhenaya's drow with Masterwork. It was caused by multiple creatures with the same ID.  Are you using another mod in addition to Masterwork?

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 08:47:47 pm »

same, had this same issue when working on a mod i plan on releasing soon for Vanilla Dwarf Fortress, a mod i am calling "Extra Civilizations", this topic needs to be more active to let people know of this issue with DFhack, i really want to know how to fix this issue with DFhack
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod