Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MODDED SUCCESSION GAME IDEA  (Read 1596 times)

frenzyplant

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Carnal Organic Anagram
    • View Profile
MODDED SUCCESSION GAME IDEA
« on: December 06, 2020, 06:15:32 am »

Hello!
Much love to the DF Community from India!

Would anyone be interested to make fortresses and adventurers in a modded world that I generated? The mod that I'm playing with is After The End by  Squamous mixed with some randomly generated creatures and races turning the game into this weird post-apocalyptic techno-low-fantasy setting. In terms of objectives, its a little sandboxey, where the only limit is the time you get with the game and the fact that we know almost nothing about this world in terms of history. So its part discovering what the world is about and part interacting with it. Would something that loose work? or would having a certain set of objectives help in making playing this better?

I am an illustrator and I had this idea of documenting the characters and places of this world in a comic series which would be a twisting meandering collection of stories made from reports of the players, but hey anyone can contribute to the saga of the world in whatever way they like. Do reply if you would like to see some sketches I made of some of the races from After The End. It truly is a great and well thought out mod and much thanks to Squamous for making it!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: MODDED SUCCESSION GAME IDEA
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 03:20:51 pm »

Hello friend! I'd love to see any sketches, DF OC is always a joy to indulge in

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 11:06:11 pm »

Welcome, frenzyplant!

Your best bet would be to make a new thread in the DF Community Games & Stories subforum. There, you can create an intro post detailing the rules of your succession game, and any other introductory stories or drawings you wish. The best way to host images for a thread seems to be Imgur.

If people are interested, which I am sure they are, they will reply and pretty soon you have a game going!

frenzyplant

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Carnal Organic Anagram
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 11:42:13 am »

That's why i posted here before I posted in the Community Games Subforums. I wanted some help formulating some of these rules. Like does something as simple as write a report on either an adventurer or a fortress intriguing enough? I also wanted to know if there has been a Community Game that isn't centered around a single fortress, but rather the whole generated world at large and see how that project has evolved. Also to see what kind of fortresses players would like to build in something like this...

frenzyplant

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Carnal Organic Anagram
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 02:35:48 pm »

Loud Whispers, This one's for you! :)

Here are some concept sketches of some of the races in the After the End mod

The Beatle Version of The Couriers:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Hellions
Easily my favorite race in the mod, I played as one the first time i ran the mod. Hautt Ziendst Ont Arf the Hellion had a HR Gigerian Harpoon gun that could bite! I kept making many renditions of these guys cause it brought to my mind a General Greivous (Star Wars) sort of a character

The Draugrs
another really interesting race in the mod, these guys are like the white walkers in Game of Thrones, except cybernetic, I am currently running a fortress of these guys. they really give out a "servants of a dark and violent god" vibes.

Other random monstrosities

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 04:12:51 pm »

These are some wicked sketches and designs, I love how much of an absolute unit the beetle courier is. But I am a sucker for opera masked cyborgs after all