Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Extreme savage biome  (Read 412 times)

Herald of tyr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Extreme savage biome
« on: December 06, 2020, 03:00:58 am »

So hello there nice to meet you here's my suggestion

Improved savagery biome,the idea is to get better savage biomes,as in the current version of the game they're hard to tell apart from,they're civilized counter parts,with the differences being animal people and giant versions.The problem I have with savage biomes is they dont give they're own aesthetic,good biomes are good and you know when your in one because your bear skin doesn't come to life to kill you,and the opposite for evil biomes,but most people walk into a savage biome without any significant change.Now while I do understand that eventually everything will be Procedaul.We are quite far from that so improving savage biomes could use the love in the mean time.

Generation:we want this to have uniqueness,so I propose that we make extreme savage biomes decrease over time.This will make these biomes unique and help really make you feel the age of your world,and the logical reason to this is the biome is colonized and domesticated.Also one last thing toady it doesn't have to necessarily be this update but add in huge skeletons as landmarks,like huge skulls and ribcages we can walkthrough and climb.Now I'm pretty sure current savage biomes already do this as well.

Animal people:probably one of the only shallow parts of dwarf fortess,underground animal people live in tribes,and surface animal people just exists.Although they can join your fortress and appear as visitors.I propose a tribe system where you have your hunters and gathers,but also chiefs that can be challenged and killed so someone else becomes chief,and these tribes could be made of various animal men,and the clan can assign roles to different animal men.these clans can also absorb other clans by slaying the chieftain,therefore we could see huge war clans having a domino effect.Another thing between clan politics could be coalitions of clans uniting to fight threats to the land.Shamans could be cool though I'm unsure of what they would do exactly,maybe they make remedies and poisons,or diplomatic relations to other clans.The few final things I'd address,these clans should be most likely limited to stone and leather,because of how deadly animal men can be,they should be able to tame creatures more easily and wild beasts(wild beasts down below).they should have a lot of small settlements instead of big ones,and they should have a lot of small chieftains,for each individual clan,and a big one for the entire war clan.now their is already a somewhat coalition system in game where nations unit to kill necromancers.

Wild beasts/titans:Now the main point to the savagery biome is the beasties you see.Currently as stated before all we got is animal people and giant counterparts.What I propose is randomly generated species of animals,and this could be a dual update in the way it enhances randomly generated creatures.I'm talking crazy just out they're creatures,like alien worlds level creatures,these species would large in number with I'm imagining twenty-seven are more,that would inhabit the biome and would have they're own strategies to survival,like maybe some blend in with the environment and others have air sacs they fill up to float,others maybe burrow in the dirt.these wild beasts would not just make savage biomes unique but make each individual biome unique,now I think that the chance of a species getting a breath or gas attack should be astronomically rare.they would have populations and may branch out into other biomes,this would be cool to do as a sort of monster hunter style,which I do a lot with usually little success.Titans and forgotten beasts,two of the pinnacles of dwarf fortess.I believe they should be improved,one way is expanding upon the worship system that they have,with animal people offering sacrifices to they're respective titan or FB,maybe out of fear or worship.Perhaps titans and FBs should have a chance to gain sentience,and lead clans fighting and defending they're clans,also that's a funny thought a snail man chief going up against a fire breathing titan,perhaps they craft champions rare hero's with special traits,also some parts should carry over to they're heros,like let's say a serpent forgotten beast makes a champion we don't want a smaller version maybe it keeps its reptile traits but becomes a humanoid reptile with multicolored feathers for wings,and maybe they give they're secrets of flesh crafting to shamans.Oh one more I may have saw this somewhere else but,a forgotten beast may be able to become a titan if he spends a long time roaming the surface world and vice versa.

Conclusion:so did you like it,did you not.tell me this is my first post so please give me criticism but please explain,make it constructive.